He is my source of happiness

The Childhood Best Friend

 

That night, Yixing wanted to celebrate by going to the club. I was a bit apprehensive at first since I had never been to one before but he reasoned that it was an initiation of school leaving, he also so said he would look after me so it won’t be as dangerous as what I was thinking.

“Okay, we will go, but what do I wear? I don’t particularly want to go back home to find a dress or anything” I question.

“I’ve got that sorted already, just a second” he told me to wait as he ran to his room. In seconds he comes back holding a box that looked very luxurious. I hate when he buys me expensive things.  I stared at him accusingly as he gave the box to me. He noticed my glare and his smile was wiped off his face.

“What?” he asked

“YIxing, I have told you countless amount of times not to buy me things, I will never be able to repay you”

“Relax Holly, I took your words into account and bought you this as a graduation gift, you don’t have to repay me okay” he says cutely. Arghh since when did he grow to be so good looking? When he was younger he was average but then puberty hit him like a bus and turned him into a really good looking guy. This also doesn’t help with my ‘love’ issue.

“Fine” I say as I walk the box over to a nearby table and lift the lid. At first I didn’t know what I was looking at because it was black and folded but when I lifted the whole thing out I was stunned.

“Oh my gosh Yixing, it’s beautiful” I exclaim as I observe the dress even more. It was a black curve hugging cocktail dress with a layer of black lace on top that also had long sleeves.

“You like it?”

“I love it!” I say as I hug him and kiss him on the cheek.

“Thank you so much! I will go put it on now” I say as I run to the bathroom.

When I had the dress on, I couldn’t help but smile at how pretty I looked, it really matched my body type perfectly. To finish the look, I decide to style my hair and add makeup which was thankfully hear because of my previous visits to the condo.

With a deep breath I ready myself to walk out of the bathroom, I went to look for Yixing but couldn’t find him anywhere.

“Yixing!” I call out.

“Yeah?” he calls back from his bedroom which is shut.

“What are you doing?” I ask as I knock on his door.

“I’m just getting dressed, you can come in if you want, I’m just putting shoes on” he explains. With that I open the door to see him sitting on the bed in and white button down dress shirt tucked into black skinny jeans. Once again, my heart palpitates at the sight of him.

He looks up and his eyes widen. “Wow Holly, you look really beautiful, I knew that dress would suit you”

“Thank you, I think it looks good too” I say as I walk up to his body length mirror and look at myself once again.

Yixing finishes with his shoes and walks up beside me.

“You ready to go?” he asks and I eagerly nod my head.

 

When we got to the venue, I began to feel nervous again and gripped onto Yixing’s hand. He turned his head to my hands and looked back up at me.

“Are you okay? He asks.

“Yeah I’m fine, just a bit nervous, but it’s a good nervous”

“We have just come to party okay, I have taught you how to drink already so you know your limits and I will be there to look over you”.

“Okay, Okay, let’s go already”

As we made our way into the club, the beating thump of the music was all I could hear, the smell of alcohol and sweaty bodies filled the air while lights were flashing in every direction. So this is what a club feels like?

Yixing directed me to a lounge and made me sit

“What do you want to drink?” he asks

“I don’t know, whatever you get I suppose” I reply. With a nod of his head he makes his way to the bar which was a few metres away so I could still see him and he could still see me.

A few minutes later he comes back with two of the same kind of drink in his hand.

“What is it?” I ask as he sits down next to me and hands the drink to me.

“Um I honestly can’t remember but it looked good” he says and I laughed at his lame forgetful memory.

The night went on with us drinking enough to get tipsy and dancing on the dance floor. It was really a fun experience, I don’t want it to end.

“Hey baby” says a random, good looking guy that came up behind me.

“Hi” I say not knowing what to do, Yixing was too busy dancing to notice this guy behind me.

“You caught my eye a while ago, you look very beautiful tonight” I felt blood run to my cheeks as he said that. Call me stupid, but I like the feeling of random people complementing me, it never happened in high school, quite the opposite actually.

“Well thank you, you look good too” I’m not taking any chances, a guy other than my best friend is showing interest in me, I need to make the most of it.

“My name is Jongdae, what’s your name?” he asks as he subtle turns me towards him.

“Holly”

“What a pretty name for a pretty girl”

“Well thank you for the compliment Jongdae”

“Do you want to dance?” he asks

“Sure!” I exclaim and I start to dance along with him. His hands slide up and down my body as I shake my hips and rub my palms up and down Jongdae’s chest. I was having so much fun that I didn’t notice that panicked screams for my name. Jongdae got closer and closer until I felt his breath on my lips, the tension was so strong that we were just about to kiss when someone pulled me out of Jongdae’s arms. It was Yixing.

“Holly!” He screams at me with a tight grip on my wrist. “What do you think you’re doing!”

“I was just dancing with this guy and we were about to kiss that’s all”

“You what!? Do you realise what you did, you left me without telling me and worst of all it was to make out with some guy!?”

“Take a chill pill Yixing nothing happened”

“How could you say that? I was so worried that I couldn’t find you!” he yells and I turn back to see if Jongdae was still there but he wasn’t, he left.

“Look what happened now Yixing, Jongdae left and I didn’t even get to kiss him!”

“What the Holly! That’s it we are going home” he declared as he pulled me out of the club and put me in the car. The ride was awkward and silent as we were both angry at each other.

Once we were in the condo, I made the decision to run to the guest room without talking to him but he stopped me before I could.

“Don’t think of hiding away, we need to sort this out” he said angrily.

“What is there to say Yixing? I’m sorry for trying to have fun and hook up with a guy for once in my life!”

“Holly!I took you to the club to have fun and let loose! Not hook up with random men!”

“Why can’t I? Who are you to say who I can and cannot kiss! Yixing I just wanted to feel wanted by a guy! All the other guys in school looked at me as if I wasn’t even human!”

“They are high school jerks Holly! You should know better than to let that overcome you with a random stranger”

 

“What if I wanted him to kiss me just for the sake of it! Jongdae seemed really nice, he called me beautiful and complimented on how pretty my name was”

“I do the exact same thing! I compliment you even more!”

“But that’s you Yixing! I would expect that from you, because that’s what you do as a friend. But this guy, he noticed me in a crowd of other pretty girls, do you know how special that made me feel?”

“Fine! It might have made you feel ‘special’ but that is no excuse to give away your first kiss to a complete stranger who could of taken advantage of you!”

“But he didn’t! C’mon Yixing you know how low my self-esteem is! For years I have listened to my mother’s husband constantly call me disgusting, horrid names that I can’t help but take to heart”

“But I was there! I was there to take the pain from those words away!”

“Yes you took the pain away, and I’m thankful for that but that doesn’t mean you got rid of the impact it caused me!”

“Still Holly, you don’t throw yourself to a man because of that, it means that Minjoon would win! That’s what he wants you to do! He wants you to lose your self-worth because he believes you are a weak and easy target. But he is wrong because you are strong, at least that’s what I thought you were”

So just because I wanted to experience one kiss, you call me weak? Is that what you mean? Because if that’s true, I would hate to be strong”

“No that’s not what I meant!”

“It’s just a kiss! Not my ity! I’m not that stupid that I would let it get that far! I just wanted to kiss a guy, no big deal!”

“Fine you want a kiss, you can have it!” he says as he marches up to me and smashes his lips against mine. It took me a while for the shock to wear down but as I realised what was happening I began to respond to the movement of his lips.

With my response, Yixing took that as confirmation to continue and wrapped his arms around my body to bring me closer. This was more than just as kiss, it was a full on make out and I loved every second of it.

“Yixing” I say as I broke the kiss to catch some air. I look into his beautiful brown eyes that stared back at me.

“What are we doing?”

“I…I’m giving you your kiss, the one that you wanted so bad”

“Why? You just kissed your best friend” I accuse. I actually didn’t want to stop kissing him, but I needed answers before our friendship was ruined. I watched him have an internal conflict with himself before he brought his hand up to cup my face.

“I fell in love with my best friend, which is why I am kissing her” he determinedly states and looks into my eyes. He loves me?

“Y-you love me? Since when?” I ask

“Ever since the first day you cried in my arms, I swore to myself that I would protect and love you for all of eternity and that’s what I’m doing. When I lost you in the club, I lost all my senses, I was panicking because losing you meant failing in protecting you. Then when I saw you in the arms of another man, I just couldn’t deal. It broke my heart and I snapped. You can never be in the arms of another, because you are mine”. He explained with tears running down his face.

“Yixing..” I call as I cup his face and brought him closer to my lips “I love you too, I just didn’t think you would ever feel the same” I reveal as I too begin to cry.

“Don’t cry baby, I hate it when you cry” he says as wipes my tears away.

“But these are happy tears Yixing, I’m so happy that you love me” I whispered into his ears then bring him into a searing kiss to which he quickly responds.

“You are really my everything Holly, I love you so much, and never do things like this again okay?” he murmurs in between the hot intense kisses.

“Don’t ever leave me, I want you to stay with me forever” I respond back. And he nods while he picks me up and heads towards the bedroom.

We ended that night so passionately that we fell asleep in each other’s arms with smile across our face. Yixing was always my source of happiness, now he is my source of life. Without him I would be nothing, without his love I would probably be off getting all kinds of messed up. I have already spent half of my 18 years of life with this boy and I don’t think I will ever want to stop being with him.

He essentially is my soul-mate, disguised as a best-friend.

 

-------

 

 

 

 

Hey everyone, thats the end of this short fic. I hope you all enjoyed xx