Anything But Chicken

My Number One Fan

A/N: Two months...I should die oml :/ On the bright side, it's holidays and I can write every day! PS. I know I'm not very consistent with Kibum having a uniform or not but from this day forth he definitely has one because it's just //better//. Please enjoy!!

 

“Hey, bud!” greeted Luna warmly from the kitchen, poking her head around the corner with an impish grin on her face. “Reckon you could help me out in here? I think I mucked this recipe up…”

A hearty chuckle escaped Minho’s throat, and although concern for Kibum still lay at the forefront of his mind, he figured that there wasn’t much he could do about it anyway until Jinki arrived home from work. Upon entering the kitchen, Minho felt the immediate urge to screw his nose up in displeasure, risking a peak into the stove pot with scrutiny. “You know…” he began slowly, directing a sympathetic glance in Luna’s direction. “It really does no good to be living with a bunch of klutzes.”

Luna exhaled loudly in distress, and fell heavily onto a nearby barstool. “The one time I try and cook something other than chicken, this happens.”

“Don’t worry too much about it, Luna. I’ll fix something up, you ought to take a rest.” Minho clasped her shoulder gently and directed her to the couch, urging her to sit down and simply relax.

She protested feverishly and promptly pushed Minho away, strolling back over to the stove and peering into the pot with furrowed brows. “I’m not even tired, Minho! Just…just give me a little guidance and I’ll be fine. But really, you’re the exhausted one here. What’s the matter, hm?”

A faint grin played across Minho’s face, but the authenticity didn’t quite reach his eyes. “It’s nothing for you to worry about.”

The flame of the stove clicked off and Luna regarded Minho with an indignant tut. “If you’re worrying about it then so am I, kiddo. C’mon, tell me what’s up. I won’t tell Jinki if you don’t want me to.”

Minho exhaled exasperatedly and fell back onto the couch, rubbing his hands over his face in contemplation. “It’s not that. It’s just…I think there’s something up with my friend. I could’ve sworn there were some marks on his face today and I mean…you can never be too cautious right?”

“What exactly are you implying, buddy?” she spoke softly, taking a seat besides Minho on the small sofa.

He fiddled with his hands nervously in his lap. “There’s not much evidence but...What if someone at home’s hit him? I’m pretty sure he didn’t go out on the weekend other than to Amber’s party and well, he didn’t get into any trouble there as far as I know. And, and, he’s known around school for being gay so…maybe his parents are homophobic or something?” Minho was rambling now, and the anxiousness on his face was more than visible, eliciting a bout of sympathy from Luna.

Placing a comforting hand on Minho’s knee, the older woman smiled warmly. “Hon…calm down alright? Jinki is going to be home soon, did you wanna tell him? I’m sure your friend will be fine for tonight.”

The tall student worried his bottom lip between teeth, and shot the door an apprehensive, impatient glance. “I know but…I’m just worried, y’know?”

Luna wrapped Minho into a warm, fulfilling hug, ruffled his hair, and returned to the stove. Minho remained on the couch in silence, staring at the television but paying no attention whatsoever to what was actually being played on there. Eventually, he stood up and began to assist Luna with the cooking, but it wasn’t until the familiar squeak of the doorknob sounded when Minho’s worrying mind was put at ease.

“I’m home!” came a bubbly, joyous voice, and both occupants of the kitchen felt their mouths twist into a smile upon Jinki poking his head around the corner. “I smell something—“ he paused for a second, sniffed the air and blinked. “—questionably okay…what’s cooking?”

His comment earned him a slap on the arm from Luna. “Well at least I’m trying! You can’t expect chicken every god damn day of your life.”

“I can’t?” he questioned with a tilted head. That earned him another light slap.

“No, you can’t. But on a more serious note, our little Minho is worried. You could probably even blame some of this cooking on him.”

Jinki's attention was redirected to Minho, whose scrunched brows elicited a bout of brotherly concern. He and Luna shared a quick look, and she shrugged her shoulders slightly while mouthing the words 'his friend' behind Minho's back. Jinki blinked in confusion but nonetheless placed a comforting hand on Minho's broad shoulder. "What's up, bro?"

Sighing deeply, Minho sunk onto the kitchen barstool. "I explained it all before to Luna but....in short terms...I'm just worried about my friend."

"Taemin?" questioned Jinki in curiosity.

Minho shook his head and fixated his attention on the hands in his lap. "No...not Taemin. His name is Kibum – he's Jonghyun's friend. And well, today I noticed a hand mark on his face and of course I know, it could've been brought about by anyone. But at school he's known for being gay and I don't care if it was a classmate or his parents, but I just—"

"Think someone might be hurting him and can't help but worry?" interrupted Jinki. "You're really too kind for your own good, you know that?"

The younger of the two bit his lip and frowned. "There's no such thing as being too kind. But seriously, Jinki...Any ideas?"

Jinki sat in contemplation for a few seconds, and after a period of silence had passed, Minho observed as his face began to contort in worry and understanding. "Actually," began the older brother slowly. "He wasn't at the bar yesterday...Jonghyun was worried sick."

Eyes widened in astonishment. "You know Kibum?!" exclaimed Minho.

"He's Jonghyun's boyfriend, what do you expect?" Jinki paused for a second. And then cursed loudly. Luna scolded him from her position at the stove, but it was safe to say she was doing more eavesdropping than cooking at that particular moment. "I really wasn't meant to say that." added Jinki. "Please pretend I didn't."

Minho snorted loudly. "Calm down, bro, I already figured they were. But was Jonghyun expecting him yesterday?"

"Yeah, I think it's some like unspoken promise between the two. Kibum goes every week, and never told Jonghyun that he wasn't going. Jonghyun – don't tell him I said this – sounded pretty dodgy."

Luna wasn’t even trying to hide her blatant eavesdropping now, and instead stood next to Jinki with a light frown adorning her features. “I wouldn’t be making assumptions so easily,” she spoke, holding a hand up as Minho moved to protest. “Something’s obviously up, but I reckon Jonghyun should have a talk with him first before we do anything. I’ll text him now, and Minho – if he would be a darl – can dish something up quickly for dinner.”

The boy in question pouted, but it was clear to see that his shoulder’s had slouched in relief and his face no longer twisted in unattractive worry. Jinki moved to ruffle his hair fondly before opening the fridge and poking his head in interestedly. “I’ll help…Look, there’s some chicken in he—“

“No chicken!” tutted Luna, cuffing Jinki over the back of the head and slamming the fridge door shut. “Please Minho, anything but chicken.”

A loud, genuine chuckle escaped his lips, and no feeling in the world beat the one that Minho received when he was with his true family. Because while Luna wasn’t really related to him by blood, she nonetheless genuinely cared for Minho and loved him more than his parents ever had. He enthusiastically nodded his head in agreement with her, and after rising from his seat, pulled a packet of pasta from the top cupboard. “Definitely not chicken.” he seconded, ignoring Jinki’s pout and instead moving to clean Luna’s mess upon the stovetop.

“Alright, I’m texting Jonghyun now. What should I say?” spoke Luna, looking up at the two males for help whilst worrying her bottom lip between her teeth.

Minho paused and thought for a few seconds, only to be interrupted by his brother. “Just say that Minho’s a bit worried about Kibum and his home life, and to keep an eye out. We don’t want to worry him too much…we all know how Jonghyun can get, after all.”

Simultaneously, Luna and Minho both nodded as the former’s fingers flew across the phone’s screen. “Sounds good.” She pressed send, slid her phone into her back pocket and smiled at the room’s other two occupants. “There we are. I’ll update you when he replies but for now, we have to help Minho with dinner. Seriously, this is hopeless.”

Jinki shuffled away slowly as Luna turned her back to face Minho, shooting his younger brother wide, desperate eyes as he departed. He was so close to the hall door now, but just as he went to turn the handle, Luna spun around sharply and directed a fierce glare in Jinki’s direction. “Not so fast, hon. You can cut up vegetables if not anything else…Now let’s get to work.”

Tuesday arose quicker than anyone had expected, and Kibum, despite having the prospect of Jonghyun coming over after school, was dreading the day to come. The day prior had been heartbreaking, and although the reason for Taemin’s abrupt departure wasn’t confirmed, Kibum figured it was simple enough to guess. Arriving at school that morning certainly was different to what he’d been getting used to. Like before, Kibum trudged through the crisp grounds with his head downcast at the gravel and scuffling footsteps. He made no peak towards the first year block, and even though he passed Minho’s classroom on the journey to his own, he decided against looking inside.

Of course, it was impossible to know whether Minho knew of Taemin’s actions after he left for practice, but Kibum concluded it was better to just stay out of the way for now. After pushing his bag into his small locker, Kibum slid mostly unnoticed into his homeroom, taking place at his desk and staring immediately into oblivion. Amber seemingly hadn’t arrived yet judging by the lack of noise in the room, yet nonetheless Kibum found himself content with laying his head on the desk and drifting off into an isolated slumber.

A nudge prodded his shoulder. “’Bum. Kibum, wake up.”

His eyelids flittered open and were met with Amber’s curious stare. “You alright, buddy?”

On instinct, Kibum nodded and offered Amber a wide smile. He rubbed his eyes with closed fists and yawned loudly. “Yeah, just super tired. I was up for ages last night doing homework.”

“I get ya, bro.” spoke Amber empathetically, patting Kibum fondly on the back. But upon realising what she had said, faltered for a second to reconsider her words. “Well, I don’t, really. I don’t do homework but if I did, I’d get ya.”

Kibum snorted loudly with a haste roll of the eyes. “Yeah, I’m sure you would. Is it time for class yet?”

“Hmm? Oh yeah…Our favourite is up first: math.” Amber’s eye twitched, but she plastered on a wide, fake smile and slid into the seat beside Kibum.

“Oh?” Kibum questioned, exhaling in exhaustion and slumping even deeper into his chair. “Fun.” The sarcasm was piled on by the ton, but both Amber and Kibum ignored their imminent distaste for the subject and instead awaited the boring hours ahead of them with deadpanned expressions.

The dance studio was unofficially out of bounds for Kibum now, and as he wandered the bustling school yard alone, he found a foreign yet all too familiar feeling of isolation tug at this heart. The trees by which he previously sat now represented the old Kibum – a lonely boy – and he found himself repulsed at the sheer idea of eating there again. Instead, he continued to wander, until a quiet place of solitude made itself known behind the dreaded gymnasium. With an apple and a small container of rice and kimchi, Kibum began to eat his lunch at a gruellingly slow speed, swallowing what now seemed dry and bland with distaste.

And as Kibum considered his newfound loneliness and the bad luck and connotations which came with simply being who he was, he began to cry. Slowly, tiny trails of tears rolled down his cheeks and onto the grass below, and upon noticing that no one was in the same vicinity as him, those silent tears turned to quiet sobs. He thought about Minho, who was probably off playing soccer somewhere, and he thought about Taemin, who was probably dancing away freely without the worry of Kibum being nearby. But most of all, Kibum thought about how he had felt only a few weeks ago, when had but one friend who didn’t even sit with him. To put it as frankly as possible, he had been alone, and while some may bask in the solitude, Kibum despised it.

Red rimmed eyes replaced the tears after the rough fabric of Kibum’s shirt sleeve had wiped them away, and that was how Amber found him. She halted suddenly, with a gaze that held excitement at the prospect of finding Kibum, but also dread and concern at the state he was in. “Kibum?” she spoke hurriedly, rushing forward to wrap her best friend in a hug, “What’s wrong?”

A faint hiccup escaped Kibum’s mouth, and he tried fruitlessly to make himself appear perfectly fine. “Nothing, just hay fever.”

“Hay fever, my .” responded Amber with a quiet scoff. “C’mon,” she grabbed his container of rice and took a large mouthful. “I wanted to hang out with you today. We’re best friends, Kibum. Tell me what’s wrong.”

Kibum sighed in resignation and unconsciously, his bottom lip began to poke out in a pout. “Just…It’s Taemin. You know him, right?”

“Pretty kid who hangs with Minho? Yeah.”

“Yeah well yesterday, he suddenly just…lashed out at me. I mean, before he knew I liked Jonghyun he was fine but now all of a sudden…” Kibum exhaled deeply and shook his head. “Why do people treat me differently, Amber? What does being gay have to do with anything? My uality isn’t who I am, y’know.”

Amber smiled bitterly. “I know, buddy. Korea really but that’s because people aren’t exposed to it like in America. Taemin’s just being stupid…I’ll ask Minho about it if you want?”

Kibum looked in contemplation. “Yeah, maybe…”

“Cheer up, ‘Bum. We haven’t talked properly since I saw you and Jonghyun getting it on in my bedroom.”

Kibum’s ears tinted crimson, and his lips twisted in a way which looked as though he was trying to conceal a grin. Laughing loudly, Amber continued. “Well, aren’t you gonna fill me in? Who, what, when, where, why? C’mon, bro, I need it all. We all know I’m a closet ert.”

“You are a disgusting human being.”

With a loud cackle of laughter, Amber playfully slapped Kibum’s arm before lying down on the lush, green grass. “And proud. Now c’mon…Share the deets, babe.”

Lying down next to her, Kibum squinted his eyes as the sun’s bright rays shone down on him and sighed loudly. “Alrighty…well, who: that’s obvious. Jonghyun. When: A couple of weeks ago—“

A harsh slap hit Kibum’s leg. “, why didn’t you tell me sooner?”

Kibum kicked Amber back. “I dunno, it’s not like we always hang out together anyway. And if it makes you feel any better, I didn’t tell anyone else either…”

“It’s fine, Kibummie. Just continue the story, I’m excited.”

Sneering, Kibum scoffed. “You’re gross. But whatever. Okay, where: My house, in the kitchen. And then in my room—No Amber, it was not like that. So, he was being really flirty with me like always, y’know? And I was getting sick of just dancing around so when he had his hands around my waist, I kinda just…kissed him? He looked really shocked so me, being the stupid, cautious idiot that I am took it badly and raced off upstairs. Legit, I was so embarrassed, Amber.”

“This is cute, oh my lord. Keep going, damn it.”

“Okay, okay. Anyway, there I was. Crying on my bed like the loser I am. Half expecting Jonghyun to just leave and go home. When all of a sudden, I feel him sitting next to me. I was so scared. Like, seriously…Imagine if he wasn’t into guys? Or I’d ruined our friendship? But next thing y’know, he was kissing me! Bro…He was kissing me!” Kibum let out a squeal of delight, and Amber joined in immediately after.

Her legs bounced against the grass rapidly in excitement. “YES, KIBUM! Man, oh man, am I happy for you! This is the cutest thing I have ever heard in my entire life. See, Kibum? I kept telling you that he probably liked you back. Tut, tut…And to think you were doubting me.”

Kibum laughed softly, but all of a sudden his laughter quieted and he instead stared blankly at the shield his hands were making against the sun. “Yeah but…I think my parents are on to me, Amber.”

She frowned, and turned to face her best friend with worry. “Can’t you just tell them?”

“Definitely not.” Kibum responded crestfallenly. “My dad went psycho the other day just because I was wearing eyeliner…called me a poof, the crazy bastard.”

Amber gasped softly, and her face contorted in anger. “Next time I see him, I’ll deck him in the schnozz for you.”

With a snort, Kibum shook his head. “Thanks, but no thanks. It’s probably not a good idea, ‘Ber… Just, I do have one little request though.”

“Hmm?” she prompted with a curious, quirked brow.

“Go along with my lies, please. I kinda told my parents that I’ve been out a lot recently because we’re working on a group project. And that Jonghyun goes to our school…That he’s in my history class. Oh and um…That there’s gonna be a school dance so we have to take lessons for it.”

With wide eyes, Amber regarded Kibum with the utmost fascination and shock. “What the heck…How many are there?”

Kibum frowned. “Well, I’ve kind of lost track. They just all connect together, to be honest. And they’re all really important too. Just…please go along with them, alright?”

Pausing for a second, Amber looked deep in thought, before sighing in resignation. “Fine…But only because you’re my best friend. And because I don’t want you getting into any trouble. Seriously though Kibum, you’ve been lying like this for way too long. It’s gotta stop at some point.”

Shaking his head furiously, Kibum sat up. “’Ber…The moment I stop lying to my parents is the moment I’m out of the house.”

Amber frowned and looked up at Kibum sympathetically. “Enough of this depressing . How’s the , ‘Bum?”

A choke escaped Kibum’s throat, and he spun around to regard Amber with an expression mixed between astonishment and disbelief. “Oh right off. A couple of weeks, Amber. We’re not ready for that yet.”

“Yeah, yeah. I suppose you’re right. Well, judging by what Jonghyun looks like, it won’t be disappointing.”

A harsh slap hit Amber’s leg. “Oh, shut up.” But despite his words and his actions towards his best friend that day, it was fruitless to deny the large grin which now adorned Kibum’s feline face.

Kibum swung his bag onto his back with a wide grin embellishing his features, and despite the strange looks he received from his classmates because of it, practically skipped down the hall. The lunch that he had spent with Amber had cheered him up immensely, and now the rest of the day consisted of simply hanging out with Jonghyun. Sure, Taemin was still ignoring him, but Kibum figured that if he was a true friend like Amber, he’d come around.

Upon reaching the front gates of the school, Kibum’s gaze ran past Taemin (located beneath a tree) and instead searched for Jonghyun’s car, which he knew would be somewhere nearby. He spotted the worn vehicle in the distance with disdain, but as made to move towards it, an arm on his shoulder halted him in his place.

“Hey, cutie.” spoke the voice, and Kibum didn’t even have to think twice before whipping around and enveloping it’s owner in a hug.

“Hey, Jjong!” replied Kibum joyously, subtly placing a chaste peck on the shorter male’s ear before pulling away.

Both of their cheeks shaded a pinkish hue upon their sudden display of affection, but brushed it off with the prospect that they were seeing each other once again. Kibum’s shoulders sagged in relief, a bright smile painting his features. “Sorry I couldn’t come on Sunday…”

A strange expression came over Jonghyun all of a sudden, but was gone before Kibum could even begin to decipher what it meant. He smiled brightly instead and brushed his hand against Kibum’s lightly. They were walking towards his car now, so Kibum merely glanced around quickly before discreetly interlacing Jonghyun’s fingers with his own. Jonghyun’s grin grew even wider and he looked down at their entwined hands with pleasant surprise. Upon noticing his reaction, Kibum snorted fondly. “What, I can’t hold your hand?”

Jonghyun shook his head frantically. “No, no, it’s fine. I just thought you didn’t want anyone to see anything.”

“Well…” began Kibum, pausing slightly. “Friends these days hold hands, right?”

The words quoted Jonghyun’s when he’d first tried to hold Kibum’s hand, and Jonghyun laughed loudly in agreement. “I guess so.” he spoke with a nod, before opening Kibum’s door of the car with a mocking bow. “There you go, friend.

He followed suit by sliding into the car himself, but before Jonghyun could even settle properly into his seat, Kibum was leaning over the console and gripping Jonghyun’s shirt tightly in his hands. “And friends these days can kiss, right?”

Unconsciously, Jonghyun his lips and felt his gaze drop to stare at Kibum’s slightly chapped lips. “Y-yeah,” he replied hoarsely, followed by a gentle clear of the throat. “Why not?”

And then, quite familiarly, they were kissing once again. Their lips mashed together and their noses bumped roughly, but due to their undeniable discomforting position, it was quite short lived. “C’mon,” Jonghyun breathed, eyes raking over every inch of Kibum’s perfect, gleaming skin. “Let’s…go to your house.” He grinned shyly, and leaned forward for one last languid press of the lips. “I wanna show you something, anyway.”

Kibum grinned exquisitely, and in that precise moment, realised how much he really needed Jonghyun in his life. “Alright.”

“Is anyone home?” queried Jonghyun as Kibum unlocked the front door, poking his head in with wonder as it was pushed open. The car ride had been short, thankfully, and now the two males were ready to just relax for the remainder of the day. The night prior, after receiving one certain text message, Jonghyun’s mind had been running wild, filled with worry at the prospect of what had happened to Kibum. Even if today was a good chance to simply hang out with Kibum, perhaps watch a movie and maybe even kiss, that didn’t mean that Jonghyun wasn’t going to use this opportunity to have a scan of Kibum’s home life and suss out what Minho was so worried about.

“Nah, mum and dad are both at work but mum usually comes home first at around five or so…” the two stepped inside and Jonghyun felt a wide grin grace his face as Kibum closed the door shut behind them. “Did you want any snacks?”

Looking back at Kibum, an impish grin painted over his features, and without a second thought Jonghyun skipped into the kitchen. Kibum watched him fondly, shaking his head softly as he followed a short distance behind. However as Kibum entered the kitchen, he certainly wasn’t prepared for the pair of small arms which came and wrapped themselves around his waist, pulling him a mere millimetre apart from their owner.

“Hi.” Jonghyun whispered, pecking Kibum on the forehead. Kibum’s face knotted cutely in confusion, but he nonetheless looped his arms loosely behind Jonghyun’s neck. “Hi?”

With a bout of soft laughter, Jonghyun continued. “Did you know this is where we had our first kiss? Right in this exact spot.”

A tinge of red now accompanied Kibum’s cheeks, and he smiled bashfully. “Yes, I did know that, Jjong. Did you want snacks or not?”

“One second.” he sung, before leaning in and closing the gap between the two. Almost on instinct, Kibum’s eyes were fluttering close and his lips were parting marginally, kissing Jonghyun back with soft, leisurely yet still meaningful passion. “Okay,” Jonghyun breathed once they’d reluctantly pulled away. “I’m ready for those snacks now.”

Kibum scoffed playfully. “You’re such a user, did you know that?”

“Me?” the older of the two questioned, faking hurt by clutching his chest dramatically. “A user? Never.”

A bag of potato chips came flying out of the cupboard and into Jonghyun’s unsuspecting grasp, followed by Kibum who bore a bottle of cola. “We’re splurging today. I’m super hungry.”

“Didn’t Ki’ eat his lunch today? Tut, tut, babe.”

A hand swooped down and looped Jonghyun’s with its own, tugging him gently in the direction of the lounge room. Kibum was enthusiastic, that was more than obvious to note, and his pure state of joy elicited an equally as joyous smile to etch onto Jonghyun’s face. “Actually, I’m pretty sure Amber ate it all.” responded Kibum with a shrug. “Oh well, more goodies to eat now.”

“Yay!” seconded Jonghyun with a little squeal, opening the packet of chips and eating one whole. Kibum frowned and stole the packet from him, taking a large handful before shoving the packet back into Jonghyun’s grasp. “Oh, Kibum! Um…Actually, I wanted to sing you a song.” Kibum turned around and looked at Jonghyun with wide, sparkling eyes. “I mean,” Jonghyun continued, “I was going to sing it for you on Sunday, but y’know…”

Kibum fell onto the couch with a pout, the drink in his hand fizzing slightly while a few chips were thrown out of his clutch. “I’m sorry I couldn’t make it, Jjong,” he apologized sincerely for the nth time, gnawing his bottom lip slightly with worry. “But look on the bright side. Now I get a private performance all to myself!”

“True, very true. Here we are—“ Jonghyun placed the packet of chips in Kibum’s lap. “Well, I wrote it pretty quickly but um yeah…” He was blushing evidently now. “It’s called ‘Love is so Nice’.”

With a little squeak, Kibum held the packet of potato chips tightly and watched with an interested gaze. “Cheesy.” he commented in a low tone, dimples forming in his cheeks as he smiled mischievously.

And then Jonghyun began to sing with that voice which had entranced Kibum from the very beginning – the unique tone which held range, talent but most of all authenticity, and in that moment Kibum felt gooseflesh arise on his skin.

He watched on throughout the whole performance without tearing his gaze from Jonghyun once, not to be polite, but in sheer awe at the man before him. A man who, still unbeknownst to Kibum, had somehow managed to become his boyfriend. And the thought of that song being written because of him was simply outrageous to Kibum, let alone it being a reality. His eyes were glazed over in pure, unadulterated affection for this man before him, so lost in his own feelings that he didn’t even process the fact that Jonghyun was finished until his hands were waving before Kibum’s face.

“Kibum? Ki’? Babe? Are you okay?” asked a concerned Jonghyun, their noses close to touching.

Kibum blinked a few times before smiling widely and leaning forward hurriedly to place a small peck on Jonghyun’s nose. “I’m more than okay. That was just…you’re just…I just think you’re beautiful, alright? And a musical genius. And an oversized puppy. And rather y. And I’m more than glad that you’re my boyfriend because I seriously must be the luckiest guy on earth right now.”

“Don’t exaggerate,” Jonghyun replied softly, cheeks burning aflame in embarrassment. He sat down besides Kibum and took a handful of chips from the packet. “I’m not all that.”

Regarding Jonghyun with quirked brows of disbelief, Kibum scoffed loudly and took the chips away from his hand, pouring them back into the packet. “Excuse me? Not all that, my . Look here Jjong…” Kibum leaned forward and brushed Jonghyun’s hair away from his eyes, tracing his long fingers down the older male’s cheekbones and around to under his chin, leaving tingles in his wake and finishing the action with a peck on the lips. “You are beautiful. And I don’t care what you say; you are most definitely a musical genius. Anybody who’s heard you would say the same, trust me.” His lips pressed against Jonghyun’s with more force now, holding the singer’s face firmly with two hands and basking in the taste of salt and vinegar on his lips. “And well…I can’t really prove that you’re an oversized puppy, but judging by the way you were about to devour those chips…that’s proof enough for me.”

Kibum continued, tracing his hands over Jonghyun’s shoulders and down his arms, sneaking his cool hands up beneath the hem of Jonghyun’s shirt and running them over his torso gently. Jonghyun’s cheeks were bright red now, however embarrassment wouldn’t quite be what Kibum would label the cause as. Jonghyun’s half lidded eyes watched Kibum closely and he placed his calloused palms on the younger boy’s thighs. “Don’t even get me started on the y thing…” whispered Kibum finally, before pushing Jonghyun further down onto the couch and ignoring the forgotten packet of chips as they tipped off the couch and onto the floorboards below.

“I know it’s weird but…I kind of already missed you.” spoke Kibum, breathing in Jonghyun’s strong musk scent and capturing his soft lips with his own. Jonghyun hummed in agreement, however made no move to respond with words and instead moved his hands to rest on the curve of Kibum’s spine. Kibum’s legs came to rest on either side of Jonghyun’s left thigh as their lips melded together fervently, and when Kibum’s tongue prodded at Jonghyun’s lips for access, the latter made no hesitation before complying with his wishes.

The longer they kissed, the shorter their breaths became, however neither male made a move to stop any time soon and instead just increased the ferocity of their actions. The buttons of Kibum’s school shirt were half undone, Jonghyun’s torso was littered with nail marks, and both their lips were red and slightly swollen. Kibum’s smiled foxily into their kiss and shifted to instead focus his mouth on Jonghyun’s neck, however was stopped harshly in his track by the ominous creak of the front door opening.