Unsatisfied

My Number One Fan

It was Seodam who first stumbled upon the two in the morning, eyes immediately widening in gleeful astonishment at the sight of Jonghyun and Kibum enveloped gently in the other’s embrace. It seemed as though the two had changed positions throughout the night, Kibum’s head now fitting in the groove of Jonghyun’s neck with his arms wrapped around the older boy’s built torso. A light, befitting smile adorned Jonghyun’s features as a peaceful aura seemed to engulf their forms like a wave, and Seodam couldn’t prevent the inevitable grin of fondness from spreading over her cheeks.

She took a glance down at her watch and figured it was too early for them to wake just yet, opting to fish her phone out of her pocket and snap a candid photo of the two instead.  

‘This is seriously too cute…and they claim they’re not dating?’

Scoffing to herself, Seodam shook her head in disbelief.

‘Just friends, my .’

Seodam grabbed her bag off the table and shot the two boys one last fleeting glance before leaving the house, grinning mischievously to herself as she went.

Jonghyun was the first to awake out of the boys quite a while later, eyelashes fluttering wildly as he attempted to gain an insight of his surroundings. An uncomfortable feeling in his eyes took away his attention immediately, and he sighed in frustration as he realised he’d left his contacts in overnight. Just as he went to stand up and go change them however, Jonghyun took notice of the beautiful boy now lying within his embrace and blushed considerably at the slender arms wrapped around his torso. Despite the quite suggestive position the two males were in, Jonghyun took no actions to remove the younger’s grip and merely smiled in pure affection down at Kibum.

The dry feeling in his eyes didn’t seem to be disappearing in the slightest, and so Jonghyun hurriedly took the contacts out without bothering to replace them. After all, it wasn’t as though he needed great eyesight to see and admire how beautiful the boy lying within his arms was. A blind man could see it, in Jonghyun’s opinion.

The singer craned his neck slightly to check the time and nodded to himself, pleased. His gaze drifted back down to stare at Kibum, and his eyes crinkled at the sides as an inevitable smile immediately spread over his face. He cautiously reached out his hand and began to run it through Kibum’s black tufts of hair, biting his lip to conceal a squeal of utter joy as Kibum leaned into the touch.

Jonghyun, unconsciously, began to hum gently a song that didn’t exist, tunes and melodies drifting from his mouth and cascading quietly over the slumbering boy. Soon, minutes had passed, and Jonghyun figured it was unfortunately about time to wake Kibum up. Not wanting to startle the younger, he began singing Kibum’s name softly, volume rising gradually as the light from outside became brighter through the curtain’s peak.

His attempts to awaken Kibum via singing seemed futile, and so Jonghyun took a chance and leaned down to peck the dancer’s nose.

“Kibum-ah,” he whispered in song. “Wake up, ‘Bummie.”

Jonghyun grinned in accomplishment as Kibum’s eyelids began to flutter. The younger boy shifted unconsciously from his position in Jonghyun’s arms, yet kept his eyes closed to shield them from the bright sunlight peaking in through the curtain gap.

He shifted again so his head was facing the other way, and his eyes shuttered in a blink. Kibum squinted up at Jonghyun in confusion, rubbing his eyes with closed fists.

“Hm?” he mumbled, much too tired to form a coherent sentence.

Jonghyun grinned widely at the cute display, and reached down to poke Kibum’s cheek. “Time to wake up. You’ve got school.”

Kibum frowned with a groan and went to bury his face into his pillow, only then realizing that his head was in fact resting on Jonghyun’s torso and not the cushion he had thought. His eyes began to slowly widen in realization, and an immediate pink hue spread over his button nose. Diverting his gaze hurriedly, Kibum jumped to distance himself from the older male in a fit of embarrassment.

‘How on Earth had he ended up like this?’

Jonghyun allowed a smirk to grace his lips at Kibum’s adorable fumbling, and hurriedly reached out to place his hand over Kibum’s. “There’s no rush ‘Bum, you have a while yet.”

Kibum bit his lip in nervousness and bore a hole into the couch with his eyes. His breath caught in his throat as Jonghyun ran a thumb over the back of his hand, and he gulped to rid himself of the lump that had begun to form there.

“Jonghyun,” he stuttered, flustered. “W-We still have to go back to my house…and I take a while to choose clothes.”

Jonghyun felt his body being drowned in a cold wave of disappointment, and exhaled crestfallenly. “Ah, right. Well, um, feel free to have a shower…I’ll be making breakfast.”

Kibum nodded from his huddled position on the couch, and watched Jonghyun’s retreating form longingly as it made itself into the kitchen. The high schooler sighed, and ran a hand through his already ruffled hair.

He could feel a cloud form over his heart at his dismissive actions, and once again scolded himself for not being able to control his actions. Had he been a straight male, he could’ve went along with Jonghyun’s playful actions nonchalantly and without the worry of losing the older male. Unfortunately however, Kibum was not in fact a straight male, and had developed quite strong feelings for the singer over the past several weeks. He knew that if he had gone along with Jonghyun’s joking acts of skin ship, he’d get carried away and lose him as a friend forever. And Kibum definitely could not afford to lose Jonghyun.

With another begrudged sigh, Kibum pushed himself up from the couch and began to trudge his way to where Jonghyun’s bedroom had been revealed to be. He prayed that he would find the bathroom along the way, because he didn’t think he could face the further embarrassment of asking Jonghyun as to where it was.

Thankfully, he did indeed stumble upon the desired room, and made his way inside before locking the door behind him. Showering in bathrooms other than his own had always bothered Kibum, and this was no different. Despite the locked doors, there was always that constant fear that someone would stumble through the door and witness Kibum in his stark ness, dancing within the shower’s clear walls. The foreboding chill that enveloped the room cascaded over Kibum’s body, and he shivered involuntarily. His gaze met his own and Kibum tugged at his shirt indecisively. The mirrors adorning the wall intimidated Kibum, and so he turned around and shed his clothes, watching the door for any signs of movement.

The shower knobs were another story entirely. Kibum found himself standing there for a solid three minutes in an attempt to figure out which knob was hot and which was cold, and then how far to turn each one. The desired temperature was reached at last, and Kibum stepped inside the glass enclosure with a sigh of relief. The hard spray of the shower head splashed on Kibum’s sore back, and when he figured he’d been standing unmoving for long enough, he began to wash, basking in the soap scent which Kibum recognised as floating around Jonghyun each day.

When he finally convinced himself to step out of the shower, and had wrapped a fluffy, warm towel around his slim hips, Kibum’s fear partially came true, a slight knock coming from the other end of the door.

“Kibum-ah?”

Kibum’s shoulders relaxed. It was Jonghyun.

“Yeah?”

“Do you need some boxers or something?”

Kibum bit his lip, and looked back down at his strewn clothes lying upon the tiled floor. “That would be nice.”

“May I come in?”

Kibum cautiously went to the door and unlocked it feebly, tightening his towel around his hips and clasping it together tightly. The door clicked open, and in popped Jonghyun’s head, a large grin adorning his face. He handed over a pair of pink boxers, and blushed crimson.

Kibum took them gently, and looked up at Jonghyun with a slightly raised eyebrow. “You and pink boxers? I never would have expected it.”

Jonghyun’s face went even redder if possible, and he rolled his eyes. “Well sorry if you don’t like them.”

Kibum laughed loudly and shook his head hurriedly. “Pink’s my favourite colour, so I apologize if you never get these back.”

Jonghyun grinned proudly, and as if only then realising Kibum was donned solely in a towel, raked his eyes over the boy’s bare chest. Feeling his face heat up considerably once again, Jonghyun shot his gaze back up to meet Kibum’s, only to find that the boy’s face was possibly even redder than his own.

An awkward kind of cough escaped Jonghyun’s throat, and he slowly made his way back through the door. “I um, I’ll leave you to it then. Breakfast is nearly done, so when you’re ready I’ll be in the dining room.”

Kibum nodded softly, and avoided eye contact completely as Jonghyun backed away and closed the door after him gently. His mind was racing at a million thoughts per hour, and he found his breath coming in short, yet excited kind of puffs.

‘Had Jonghyun been checking him out? Probably not, but a man can dream.’

Kibum changed hurriedly, yet regretted his impatience almost immediately as his still dripping legs stuck to the insides of his jeans. He eventually managed to jump into his pants comfortably, and threw his t-shirt over his head in haste. Picking up his dirty underclothes and stuffing them in a plastic bag, Kibum fixed his hair consciously in the mirror before turning around and strutting out of the room with a new found confidence.

As soon as he stepped foot out of the bathroom, a scent of some kind immediately invaded his nostrils, and Kibum found his nose screwing up in distaste. He hurriedly stuffed his clothes into his school bag before rushing to the kitchen, already quite prepared for what he was about to see. Poking his head in around the corner, Kibum sighed in slight fondness as he found Jonghyun staring down at his pan disappointedly, bottom lip poked out almost unnoticeably.

“Can’t leave you alone for ten minutes, I swear to God.” muttered Kibum playfully, strolling towards Jonghyun and looking down at the burnt eggs in disgust.

Jonghyun looked at Kibum sadly, blinking back what seemed to be tears. “S-Sorry Kibum…I didn’t realise eggs were this hard to cook.”

Kibum rose an incredulous eyebrow, and huffed in laughter. “Don’t stress, Jjong. For further reference though, I don’t mind ramen for breakfast.”

Jonghyun quirked a smile, taking the pan from the stove and chucking the disaster into the sink for later. “I’m real sorry, though.”

“I really don’t mind. How about I cook breakfast and you rest?” suggested Kibum, working up his confidence and placing one hand on Jonghyun’s bicep.

Jonghyun’s gaze dropped to Kibum’s hand, and his lips twitched slightly in a concealed smile. “Uh, sure. Only if you want to though…”

Kibum nodded happily, and began to push Jonghyun out of the kitchen.

Jonghyun’s mouth dropped in realization, and he began to protest vigorously. “No way am I leaving! If you’re cooking in my kitchen, I have the right to at least watch.”

“Ugh, whatever. But no looking over my shoulder, that’s just creepy.”

Jonghyun laughed, and bopped Kibum’s nose. “Don’t worry, Ki. I’ll sit here and sing for you.”

Kibum’s face reddened. “Ki?”

Jonghyun faltered, and his cheek colour mimicked Kibum’s. “Well um…yes. Is that alright if I call you that? Ki?”

“Ki?”

“Yeah, Ki.”

Kibum smiled, and his dimples deepened considerably as his eyes crinkled in mirth. “I like it.”

Jonghyun grinned in response, and sat himself on the bench stool, chin resting on his palm in anticipation. Kibum looked back at Jonghyun expectedly, and with a begrudged sigh, Jonghyun began to sing.

Kibum poked his tongue out in delight and got to work; cracking eggs, pouring milk and mixing flour with the skilled practice he had gained from making himself breakfast over the years. He bounced around the kitchen rhythmically to Jonghyun’s loud singing, every now and then even shooting the older male a cheeky wink when bending down to grab a bowl from the cupboards below.

Each and every time Kibum did so, he watched in amusement as Jonghyun’s face glowed up like a tomato, taking delight in teasing the male at every opportunity he could get. Soon enough, Kibum’s omelettes were cooked, and he dished them up onto two plates ready to be consumed.

“There you are,” spoke Kibum as he presented Jonghyun his plate of food. “I hope you gathered something from that educational performance.”

Jonghyun snorted. “I gathered something, Kibum. I’m not exactly sure what, but I definitely gained some valuable knowledge from that.”

Kibum rolled his eyes and took a large bite from his omelette. “Oh yeah? Like what?”

Jonghyun paused. “How to turn someone on, I suppose.”

As it seemed, Jonghyun had chosen a rather unfortunate time to say such a thing, and watched concernedly as Kibum choked on his mouthful.

“A-are you alright?” Jonghyun stuttered.

Kibum banged his chest and swallowed his bite with difficulty, breathing a sigh of relief before shooting Jonghyun a mock glare. “Of course I’m not okay, you idiot! Why would you even say that?”

Jonghyun giggled into a closed fist at the younger boy’s reaction, before flashing Kibum an over exaggerated wink. “I’m quite an honest man, Kibum.”

Kibum’s ears burned red, but he couldn’t conceal his laughter nonetheless. The scholar shook his head with an eye roll, before pointing a directed gaze from Jonghyun to his omelette.

“Hurry and eat, Romeo. Juliet’s getting impatient waiting for the arsenic to work.”

Jonghyun scoffed and shoved a forkful into his awaiting mouth, humming in enjoyment once the omelette hit his tastebuds. He took a few more bites, before his eyes widened slightly in realization and he shot Kibum a mischievous brow raise.

“So you’re admitting you’re Juliet?”

Kibum ran his tongue over his teeth in pretend annoyance. “If it means that you die first, then sure.”

Jonghyun chose to ignore Kibum, and opted to start singing instead. “Juliette, oh!”

Kibum slapped Jonghyun’s arm playfully, and gestured at the older male’s plate in hopes of getting him to finish his omelette quickly. “Hurry!” Kibum laughed, “I’ve gotta go to school, you idiot!”

Jonghyun nodded seriously, and began stuffing his face hurriedly, gesturing at Kibum’s bag. Kibum took his last bite and went to grab his school bag, placing his plate in the sink along the way. Jonghyun stood up with his plate still in hand, and grabbed his keys from their spot on the calendar hook. Hanging them around his pinkie finger, he quickly finished his own omelette and checked his hair in the mirror.

“You’re still wearing your clothes from yesterday.” pointed Kibum with a snort.

Jonghyun shrugged blithely and poked his tongue out at the younger. “As are you. Besides, it’s not as if I’m going to see anyone I know.”

Kibum nodded. “Touché.”  

The two males made their way out the front door and slid themselves into Jonghyun’s car, Kibum throwing his bag by his feet. As soon as the car had started up, so had the radio, with Jonghyun immediately beginning to belt out whatever was playing at the time. Kibum listened comfortably, and nodded his head along to the beat, vaguely wishing the radio would stop so he could have Jonghyun’s voice all to himself. The ride, although silent, was pleasant, not a surprise considering the time. Kibum could recall multiple times he was nearly lulled to sleep by Jonghyun’s heavenly voice, but all too soon they were pulling up Kibum’s driveway. The younger breathed a sigh of relief at the lack of cars by his house, knowing that his parents must already be at work.

“Is it alright if I come in?” spoke Jonghyun, marvelling at the size of the home.

Kibum unbuckled his seatbelt, and nodded joyfully. “Duh, Jjong. I just intruded on your family, ate dinner with you all and then slept on your couch. Wouldn’t I be just a tad rude not to let you in my house?”

“You didn’t intrude, but yeah…Just a tad.” laughed Jonghyun, unbuckling his own seatbelt and opening his car door.

“Besides, you’re coming over tomorrow. You’re going to be in my house either way.” added the younger, grabbing his bag and stepping out of the rickety vehicle.

Jonghyun chuckled at his own stupidity, and the two began to make their way up the path to the front door. Jonghyun looked in awe at the house, and turned his gaze to Kibum with wide eyes.

“Your house is really big.” he commented bluntly.

Kibum snorted, yet it lacked any amusement. “Too big, if you ask me. Considering I’m the only one home half the time.”

Jonghyun hummed, not quite sure how to reply. Kibum grabbed his spare key from his pocket and unlocked the door, poking head through first just to make sure his parents definitely weren’t home. Jonghyun followed behind like a lost puppy, and stepped carefully over the smooth, wooden floorboards.

Kibum trudged over to the staircase, and looked back at Jonghyun. “I’ll be around half an hour getting ready. Do you want to wait in my room?”

Jonghyun nodded with a grin of curiosity, quick steps making their way to meet Kibum by the staircase. As soon as they reached the top, Kibum turned right and opened the door that met them there, looking at Jonghyun as though he was unsure of himself.

“You won’t judge my room, right?”

Jonghyun rose an eyebrow and crossed his arms over his chest incredulously. “If you can deal with my family, I guarantee you I can deal with your bedroom.”

Kibum chortled, and took one last deep breath before stepping back and allowing Jonghyun to pass through. Jonghyun took small footsteps forward and could feel his jaw slowly drop in wonderment at the sight his eyes were met with.

Various shaded of pink walled the room, and along the walls lied pictures upon pictures. Photos of Kibum himself mostly; but fashionable outfits, famous dancers and a few photos with friends also adorned the pink colouring. Jonghyun couldn’t help but wish that he were on the wall too.

Kibum’s double bed was donned in a pure white and rather luxurious duvet, and lay right in the middle of the feature wall. A white desk lay beside the bed, and although there wasn’t much on it, a photo of Kibum in the middle of what seemed like dancing immediately grasped Jonghyun’s attention. He took another tentative step into the room, and the smile cladding his face only got wider as his eyes landed upon a poster of himself on the west side of the room.

Kibum had seemingly also just realised that the poster was there and ran to cover it with his body, ears and neck prickling with an indescribable feeling of embarrassment. “T-that’s just there so I could remember where the place you sing is. I’m very forgetful, you see.”

Jonghyun’s stomach fluttered wildly despite Key’s rather awful excuse, and he looked back at the other boy with a large smile. “My number one fan strikes again.”

Kibum bit his lip sheepishly and diverted his gaze in pure embarrassment. “You said you wouldn’t judge.” he mumbled.

Jonghyun beamed kindly before ruffling Kibum’s hair. “Your room’s beautiful. I love pink.”

Kibum lifted his head, and rose a dubious brow. “Liar.”

Jonghyun gasped. “Am not! If you can love pink, why can’t I? You’re wearing my pink boxers, for goodness sake!”

Kibum’s lips twitched, before he hurriedly turned around and excused himself from the room to go get ready. Jonghyun didn’t miss his smile of amusement on the way out.

Jonghyun felt a sense of awkwardness flood his veins at the lack of Kibum’s presence, but he chose to ignore it and opted to study the pictures embellishing Kibum’s room instead. The framed photo sitting upon the desk grasped Jonghyun’s attention the most, and so he padded his way over there first, picking the frame up in his hands and looking at it closely. Although he couldn’t describe the position Kibum’s body was in, he was entranced by it, and had trouble finally tearing his gaze away.

Placing the photo down gently to where it belonged, he then made his way over to the wall besides Kibum’s bed, and leaned in towards a particular photo that piqued his interest. It was Kibum and a rather tomboyish girl, arms around each other in a particularly friendly manner. Although Jonghyun knew deep down that the girl was just a friend, he couldn’t help the surge of jealousy that enveloped his mind and frowned in annoyance. For the second time that day, Jonghyun wished that he were on the wall.

Despite the fact that a rather large picture of him adorned the adjacent wall, it didn’t satisfy Jonghyun. He wanted a photo of him and Kibum on the wall, and decided that after Kibum came back from getting ready, he would make that wish a reality.

He didn’t have to wait too long, thankfully.

Kibum came back ready within around fifteen minutes, and Jonghyun was once again reminded of how good the younger could make himself look when he wanted to. As soon as he stepped foot into his bedroom, Kibum immediately went to grab his school bag from the floor, however was stopped by Jonghyun placing a hand on his arm.

Kibum tilted his head in confusion, however Jonghyun merely pointed with a frown at the picture wall in response. “I reckon I should be on the wall.”

Kibum blinked. “You are, you idiot. The biggest picture in the room, mind you.”

Jonghyun sighed and shook his head, biting his lip as though not quite sure how to phrase it. “Like…a picture of both of us. Like you and that girl.”

Kibum looked back at the wall and nodded in understanding with a slight chuckle. “Alright then, just let me grab my Polaroid.”

Jonghyun grinned widely and clapped his hands together, watching as Kibum opened his bedside drawer and took out a white Polaroid camera. “We have to hurry Jjong, school starts in ten minutes.” urged Kibum, standing besides Jonghyun and holding the camera out in front of them.

Jonghyun tutted indignantly and shook his head. “This won’t do…your arms are too short. I’ll hold the camera.”

Kibum narrowed his eyes and shot Jonghyun an incredulous expression. “You’re shorter than me Jonghyun.” he stated bluntly.

“Never mind that…Here, pass it over.”

Kibum sighed and gave the camera to Jonghyun, quite confused yet knowing he didn’t have much time to argue. Jonghyun held the camera before them much like Kibum had done previously, and began to count down from three.

“Three, Two…”

Kibum smiled widely into the camera, and prepared for the inevitable shutter it was certain to emit. However, just as the final number slipped through Jonghyun’s lips, the male in question wrapped an arm around Kibum’s waist in order to pull him closer and rested his head on the younger’s shoulder.

Click.

Kibum’s face was bright red, of that he was certain.

Although his smile hadn’t had time to fade in that short second, the colour of his skin certainly had, and Kibum was rather afraid to view the final outcome of the photo. After risking a quick peak at Jonghyun, Kibum could tell that the older male was quite pleased with himself, and had to stop himself from shaking his head fondly at the singer’s antics.

As soon as the photo printed, Jonghyun began to shake it quickly in order for the image to display more clearly, bouncing on the balls of his feet as he did so. Although Jonghyun was quite excited for the final result of the photo, Kibum was contrastingly dreading it, not wishing to see the embarrassing expression he knew would be adorning his face.

Inevitably however, the photo had to appear eventually, and appear it did. As the quality of the photo finally became the clearest it could be, a huge, triumphant grin spread over Jonghyun’s face and he looked at Kibum excitedly.

“Ah, it’s perfect Ki! Come look!” he spoke with mirth, holding the photo out proudly for Kibum to see.

Kibum reluctantly laid his eyes on the photo, and as they landed upon the small, rectangular card in Jonghyun’s hand, he decided that perhaps the photo wasn’t too bad after all. In reality, the photo was in fact perfect just like Jonghyun had stated. Although Kibum’s face was tinged slightly pink, the large smile on his face looked as though it had only grown, dimples protruding a deep dint in the dancer’s face.

However that aspect of the picture wasn’t what pleased Kibum the most. It was Jonghyun’s head resting on his shoulder, along with his blonde bangs which unlike usual, swept across his forehead that made Kibum truly fall in love with the image. Not to mention the toothy smile that Jonghyun bore, flashing brightly as his eyes crinkled at the sides with pure joy.

Kibum allowed his mouth to spread into a wide grin, and looked at Jonghyun with bright eyes. “I love it!”

Jonghyun nodded happily, and took the photo gently from Kibum’s hands. “I reckon we should put it right here!” he exclaimed, holding the photo right in the middle of the younger boy’s collage.

Kibum agreed whole-heartedly, and began scrummaging through his drawers for a wad of blue tack. His hand emerged grandly exhibiting a ball of the stuff, and so he hurriedly ran over to Jonghyun and plucked the picture from his hands. Sticking the selca on the wall, the two males stood back to admire their work, nodding happily at their masterpiece.

“Perfect!” they explained simultaneously, whipping their heads around to face each other before bursting out into a fit of chuckles.

Their cries of pointless laughter slowly began to fade, leaving the two males breathing heavily. With a content sigh, Jonghyun fished his phone out of his pocket and gasped, running a calloused hand through his golden locks. His sudden exclamation earned a concerned look from Kibum, to which Jonghyun replied by flashing the younger his phone screen.

8:26am

“, school starts in 4 minutes!” exclaimed Kibum, scurrying to grab his bag off the floor and fix his hair in the wardrobe mirror.

The two hurriedly made their way down the stairs, and Jonghyun found that he paid a lot less attention to the size of the house this time round. There were much more important matters at hand, after all.

Sliding into the car and buckling their seatbelts, Jonghyun pulled out of the driveway and swerved onto the road skilfully, breathing a sigh of relief once they gained a steady pace down the road. “How long does it usually take to get to your school from here?”

Kibum sat in thought for a few seconds. “Around 2 minutes, I reckon.”

Jonghyun nodded to himself before turning the radio on, earning an inquisitive look from Kibum. “Hey,” the singer defended. “If there’s an opportunity to listen to music, I’m going to take it.”

Kibum grinned fondly at Jonghyun and the two sat in a comfortable silence, before all of a sudden a thought struck Kibum and he straightened in anticipation. “I wonder if Taemin’s better today.”

“I sure hope so, the poor kid. Bash those bullies for me, won’t you Ki?” replied Jonghyun, shooting the younger a glance from the corner of his eyes.

Kibum laughed at Jonghyun’s words and looked down at his feeble arms. “I can try.”

Jonghyun grinned in response, and before they knew it they had already arrived at Kibum’s school. “Ah damn, we’re already here.”

Kibum tutted. “Don’t act disappointed, Jjong. You spent all night and all morning with me; you might get addicted if you hang around me any longer.”

The older male ran a hand through his blonde tufts with a hearty chuckle, parking his car into one of the student reserved slots. “Too late, Kibum.”

Kibum rolled his eyes and unbuckled his seatbelt, opening the car door yet making no motion to leave. Jonghyun continued.

“Aish, seriously Ki. You flirt with me, get me all hyped up, only to leave me unsatisfied. Darn you.” he ranted, yet Kibum didn’t miss the slight mischievous tone that laced his voice as he spoke.

Kibum shook his head at Jonghyun’s antics affectionately and heaved his bag up to swing over his shoulder. “I seriously gotta go, Jjong. I’ll text you.”

Jonghyun pouted in Kibum’s direction yet waved enthusiastically at the scholar nonetheless.

“Cya!” exclaimed Kibum, before closing the door softly and making his way up towards the third year block.

Jonghyun watched him go from behind, admiring the view with a small smile.

“You’ll seriously be the death of me, Kim Kibum.”

Kibum bounded through the school yard hurriedly, checking the time on his phone out of pure habit before breaking into a slight jog. The bell would be going in one minute, and he couldn’t afford to miss homeroom or be tardy for the second time that week. His mind drifted back to Jonghyun’s words in the car, and the ecstatic smile that faced no struggle to find its way onto his face was inevitable.

Reaching the corridor in which his classroom sat, Kibum figured he had enough time to text Jonghyun back, fingers flying over the screen eagerly. He wasn’t really quite sure of what he was writing, and why on earth he had the nerve to write such a thing, but Kibum wrote it anyway, clicking send and shoving his phone back into his pocket before he could ponder over what he had just done.

‘Don’t worry about being unsatisfied, we have the whole weekend alone after all ;)
Thanks for everything,
Your Number One Fan x’

 

A/N: I am so, so, so, so sorry!! I haven't updated in like a month, and I really don't have a worthy excuse other than the fact I went to Bali :( This chapter's 5k, so hopefully that can partially make up for my sins! In the meantime however, two pretty cool things happened: This story reached 100 subs!! (Thank you so much everyone, you don't understand how stoked I am about this!) and I managed to get a real decent cover for it!! I'll try and update within a week to make up for everything, thanks again guys! x