FOURTH

A Story Of Love

FOURTH

 

The song on the radio is never enough to keep the excitement in Amber’s heart. Although at first, she never wanted to go on a trip or whatsoever with anyone nor anywhere. It’s kind of funny when an introvert person feels this much excitement just for a trip in which she never likes that much.

 

“Okay, this for the fifth time I’m asking you, where the hell are we going to?” She asked while looking at the person who is driving at the very moment. It’s no wonder that he got so many fans regardless of gender. His jawline, body figure, lips, and eyes are so perfectly placed. God really put extra ingredients to create this guy, she guesses.

 

“It’s my secret hideout, you’ll be amazed”. Kris responded while his eyes keep focusing on the road.

 

Amber rolled her eyes and stick her eyes back to the window. The trees are huge on the side of the road, it was kind of dark because of it. The trees cover most part of the road and make it dimmer than usual. But it’s not that gloomy that makes one heart-thumping furiously as if something going to come out from behind the trees.

 

It was the atmosphere that makes one heart in peace. Although it is obvious that the road was rarely used, there is no car throughout their way to the said destination. Well, no one would ever dare to drive on this kind of road, right? Except for Kris, of course.

 

“Aren’t you curious?” The question from Kris took Amber back to reality.

 

“Am I supposed to be curious?” Amber said. “Just so you know, I already dialed emergency number 30 minutes ago, if something happens”, Amber answered and glazed at Kris’ direction.

 

Her response makes Kris chuckled. “Are you afraid that I might murder you?”

 

“We never know, right?” Amber said and continued to focus on the creepy and gloomy road ahead.

 

 

The car stopped in front of a rusty gate with a tilted ‘Danger’ signboard on it. This is the gate that was supposed to be expected since they were literally in a jungle. But it was unexpected for Kris to stop the car here.

 

“What are you doing? Why do we stop here?” Amber asked nervously and keep looking back and forth between Kris and the gate.

 

“C’mon, let’s go”. Kris unbuckled his seatbelt and get off from the car without answering Amber’s question.

 

This man is crazy! There is no doubt anymore. ‘The fck man, I don’t want to go to jail just because of his little adventure’. Amber muttered under her breath while unbuckling her seatbelt quickly and get off from the car.

 

“Dude, you know trespassing means breaking the law, right?” Amber fastened her pace to catch up with Kris.

 

“Aw, are you scared, little girl?” Kris answered with a sardonic grin plastered on his face. He turns his back and climbs up the rusty metal gate, ignoring the signboard on it.

 

“Shut up,” Amber said looking obviously uninterested with Kris’ joke. “If I was caught for trespassing, I’m going to put all the blame on you” and also climb up the rusty gate. Of course, she is going to follow Kris, who the hell going to wait here alone? No one knows whether there is a beast or ghost that might attack them at any time. Just a thought of it make her shudder.

 

The path in front of them tantalizingly led them to another narrow path surrounded by a double amount of trees that leads them to walk across the rocky meadow until both of them reach somewhere that makes the sun shines above them again. This is a tough journey for someone like Amber, who doesn’t really like this kind of escapism. She prefers to stay at home and watch something on Netflix. That’s more relaxing than this.

 

She looks around until her eyes caught a glimpse of the wide lake a few meters away from where they stood. The water was sparkling beautifully, the sky was clear and there is no sound can be heard. It is total silence. Amber never thought that this kind of place exists in the real world. This beautiful scenery could only be seen in an anime-only because it is out of anyone’s expectation. Who would have thought that there is a hidden gem inside the spooky jungle?

 

“Welcome to my secret hideout. Congratulations, you’re the first person, other than me that had discovered it”, Kris smiled blissfully while looking straight into Amber’s eyes. He then walked ahead towards the lake, leaving Amber a few steps behind.

 

“Whoa! This is so beautiful!” Amber said and followed behind Kris until she finally stands beside him, looking at the peaceful lake ecstatically.

 

“Yeah.” Kris agreed with a little nod.

 

After a few moments of silence due to admiring the surrounding, Amber finally asked, “So, why you brought me here?”

 

“Because you’re my friend, of course. Friends share secrets, right?” Kris looked at Amber with a sincere smile.

 

“Oh yeah? I guess”, Amber responded. She never had a friend that she can share her secrets, thus she did not know how to respond to Kris’ question. “How did you find this place? It seems like nobody has come here before”

 

“When I was little, my family and I went on a short trip around here. I just strolled around the lake and finally discover this place. It was an unintentional adventure by 10-years-old me.” Kris answered while picking up a thin branch and scribbled down god-knows-what on the ground.

 

There is this side of Kris that he do not usually lay it out for display. This hidden side of him was kept far away inside his heart. It’s so deep until no one could not reach to unlock it. Amber always thought that Kris has this unusual expression that hides something within himself.

 

“Sometimes, I came here to keep my mind in peace, just to keep my feet on the ground,” Kris said with a sullen tone. “Now that I’ve already shown you my secret, I’m glad to share it with you. Whenever you feel like you want to spend your time alone, you can come here” Kris looked up at Amber and smiled sincerely.

 


Author's note:- 

Hello! I'm so sorry for the short chapter. Honestly, i've abandoned this story since a long time ago. It kinda amazed me to find that there are still some of you who have been waiting for the updates, i'm so touched TT_TT 

The characters' personalities might be different from the first three chapters since i've forgotten the original plot, therefore i'm so sorry for any mistakes in this chapter. I'm not a native speaker nor an expert writer. Please understands that any sentences that were weirdly written and grammar mistakes were unintentional, and if you ever spot one, please notify me to fix it. I just writes my imagination to fill up my free time, and right now i'm having a few months of break from my study so i decided to write a short chapter for this story.