SECOND

A Story Of Love

 


 

If there was one day where I felt that everything in this world will collapse in a minute, then there was also one day when I felt that I can took a breath again. Even though, every time I tried to raise my hands up so that someone will notice me, but I ended up getting afraid and decided not to give a second chance.

And here I am, crying in my own little world, crying in my sorrow, crying in my soul. The word of giving up already filled up my soul from a very long time ago. There was nothing left for me to lose. I’m just waiting for a day to win, although that day might never come.

For a moment, I stood and stare at the night sky. There were full of stars that shine brightly. My mom used to tell me when I was still a kid, that if someone you loves go to somewhere better than this world, then they will change to be a star so that we can still see each other.

But I was wondering, if I was gone, will there be someone who will miss me? Will there be someone who excited to wait for the night to come to see me in the sky? Will there be someone who stare from the earth? And will there be someone who remember me?

No one.

 


 

I looked up when I reached somewhere that I don’t know. It was a small restaurant. Decorated with a bright orange and cream color that blend well. The tables were arrange neatly, and covered with a piece of white cloth. The floor was made from wooden, the light was dim, the counter was clean and there were some photos taken in 60’s hanging on the wall.

The perfect restaurant I’ve found so far in my life. While I was busy analyzing the atmosphere of this beautifully decorated restaurant, my eyes met him. He was busy choosing the right antiseptic and other liquids that I’ve never know what it was from the first aid.

Finally, he pulled out a medium sized of white bottle and pour a little bit of the liquid from the bottle on a piece of wool. When he was done with it, he looked up at my forehead and pressed it on my wound, carefully.

“Ouch.”

“Sorry, is it hurt?” He said but kept on tapping the wool on my forehead . Then he took another piece of wool, pour another liquid and tapped it a few times on my forehead, before he took a plaster and put it on me.

I was looking at the ground without saying anything. But then, I realized the blood was dripping from his arm. What kind of person he is? Why he dared to put himself in a danger and get a wound just to save a stranger like me?

“You ..” I pointed out at his arm. “are hurt.”

He stopped for a while and continued to put the medicines back in the first aid. “It was nothing.” He chuckled before he stood up and started to made his was away from me.

Watching him stepping away, my mind told me to not let him go. For the first time, my hand made my way and grabbed his arm. He turned around and looked at me with confusion. I pulled him and grabbed the first aid in his hand.

He sat on the chair in front of me with his eyes were locking on me. I tried to avoid his stare as hard as I could. I opened the first aid and searched for the things I need. So I began to made my own treatment on this guy’s arm.

As soon as it was done, I packed all the stuff back and stood there for a few seconds. The silence fill in between us. He was still staring at me, while my eyes still sticking on the ground.

So the story begins here …

 


 

'The rythm of the song got into my head and my feet automatically following the beats. It waslike i'm living in my own new world without nobody knows. The sky was so bright and the clouds were shaping its own different shapes while the warm breeze kept on hitting my body. I placed both of my hands behind the back of my head while my body was lying on the green grass. 

"Aish, what a great life i'm having here" I smiled while my eyes were closing, and my head started to move according to the rythm. Until i felt a sudden pain of a human's punch on my stomach. 

"Yah! Why are you skipping the class?" I got up and looked directly into his eyes.

"Look, who's talking." I rolled my eyes and continue to put the headphones on. Kris didn't respond to my answer and continue to flip the pages of the Chemistry Revision. Seriously?! I don't know what kind of guy he is and sometimes i even thought that we got split personality. I'm more into boyish personality that likes to skip classes, hearing some pop musics and play games. While he is a guy who are having an obsessive disorder toward academics, more into jazz, and also loves something elgant and classy. I don't know, we're too opposite from each other, but somehow, he's the best guy i've ever known so far. Probably the best guy i've ever known in my life.

"You know Amber, grades are the most important things in people lives. Because without a good grades, no one will accept you as a worker nad you will have no future." he said in serious tone. 

"Objection! No, i think you're too simple-minded. People nowadays tend to think that grades are everything well actually, it's not. For example, you can see that people who are good in grades are mostly a worker, but people who are not so good in grades comes out with a better idea for a modern life and rule the world. So, the basic thing is, if you have the knowledge, but you don't have the capabilties to use it in your daily life, you will go nowhere. Butif you use your knowledge to invent something with a great idea, and also you have the skill, then you're the king." I said in one breath with my eyes were still closing. 

I heard he sigh and kept on to flip the pages after a few minutes he had his eyes on the same page. I sat up and stared at him for a few minutes. Realizing that i was staring at him, he turns up his face so that he can face me. 

The smile came across my face as my hand took away the glasses he's wearing since he can't see without the glasses."Let's go and find something delicious" I said with a bright tone while trying to keep myself from laughing by staring at his annoyed face. I stood up and pulled his hands without waiting for his respond. Because i knew what his answer would be. 'No, the exam is just one week away', 'no, i'm full' and blah blah blah. 

"Why do i have to followe every of your instructions, Amber?" he sighed. "Well, because you're my friend of course." I answered and dragged him away.