FIRST

A Story Of Love

 

 


 

Days by days passes by, the wall that I build was getting harder. Nobody can walk through it or took a glance of peek behind the wall. Nobody knows what’s the secrets behind the wall, they totally have no idea about it.

I dreamt, there was a girl hugging her knees behind the wall. She have long hair, but never taken care off, the dirt was all over her clothes and her face. She was crying, she yelled, she tried everything, but no one seems to hear her. Nobody pays attention, they think there’s nothing behind the wall.

But actually, the girl was hiding there, waiting for a hand for her to reach. So that she can smell another fresh air and see another sunlight. She kept waiting and waiting, nobody really came, until she gave up and decided to forget everything.

If only, there’s somebody holding her, offer a hand, she might be living with a fresh air.

But, no one cares.

That’s how cruel the world is.

 

, I’m running late.

I grabbed those keys, put the cap on my head and pulled the hoodie over my head, sprayed the perfume a few times on the jacket, arranged those files and hold them in my hand. I rushed to the door and put on my red sneakers. The sneaker was bought almost 5 years ago, on my birthday and I still can use them until now. I bet this sneaker really worth to buy.

As usual, I walked down the stairs in a rush with my hand still pulling the front of my hoodie to cover my face.  With my eyes kept looking at the ground, I walked pass the people that were in rush like me to their workplace.

I glanced at the watch “5 minutes more, you can make it, Amber” I muttered to myself before I started to run in the college building to reach the class. There’s no the hell way I can be late on my first class in the college.

While I was rushing, something hit my shoulder, made me fell on the floor. My hoodie and cap fell onto the ground. With a shock expression, I looked up and saw a fine lady, wearing a short with a translucent blouse that shows her skin. The same expression was  given by her on me as she looked at me.

“What the ?! Yah! Don’t you have eyes?!” She yelled while her hand kept flipping her long wavy hair.

“I’m so sorry.” I supported my body with my arm to get up from the ground and bowed a few times.

“Ugh! Are you the first year student?!” She glanced at me before she grabbed her boyfriend arm. I kept looking on the ground as I nodded a few times.

"Come on, people are looking at us." The tall guy standing beside the girl blurted out some words while his hand was on her waist. I bet he was her boyfriend, for sure.

“I’m so sorry” As I thought, it’s the senior. Oh, what a bad luck I’m having this year. This is my first class and I already got in trouble with the senior. Stupid, Amber.

I clenched my fist as I took my cap on the ground and started to make my way toward the class, without taking another glance at the lady.

“Yah! I’m not done talking to you!!” The senior yelled and that made everyone’s attention turned to me. I fastened my step and put back the cap on my head, covering almost half of my face.

Damn it.

 


 

I walked to my locker and threw everything in my hands in the locker. Luckily, i've made myself on time for the first class. I closed the locker and made my way outside of the building. I guess that's enough for today and there's no more classes. 

"Hey, you." A voice got through my ears from behind. I tried to walk away and act like there's nothing going on, and that guy was calling someone else. I began to create another step forward, but that unknown guy already grabbed my hand before he turned me around to face him.

"You're that first year student earlier, right?" That guy talked in a deep and cold tone. I wasn't looking at him at all, and kept my eyes sticked on the ground. 

"Answer me." he said as he bent down a little to take a closer look of my face. His action made me pulled my cap a little to cover my face. I nodded a few times and take a step away from him. Who is this guy actually? What does he want from me? Am i doing something wrong?

The silence filled in between us. Suddenly, he pulled out his hand, with one of my earring. The black one with a silver stone in the middle of it. There's no one else in this world would buy that kind of plain earring. I touched my ears to make sure of it, and grabbed the earring from his hand. 

"Actually, i will be very glad if i can hear any word of thank you from you." He pulled his hand away and put it in one of his pocket. 

"Thank you." I said with my head still looking at the ground. I turned around and quickly made my way out from the building. My heart was racing with a max speed and it won't stop. What should i do? That was the first time after all these years, a guy dare to talk to me. The thing is, there's no one in this world actually dare to talk to me. 

And why he's different? I kept on walking and wondering about those questions that were playing in my head. At times like this, i think i don't belong to this world anymore. I don't deserve to be call as a human. I don't even know how to talk or communicate with people properly. I've once tried to show myself to the world, but the world didn't seem to accept me for who i am. 

So, i've decided to lock myself, and i've been wondering, when wil the time come, for me to be like them? The one who can laugh happily with their friends, the one that can show their smiles around the world, and the one that can fall in love one day. 

In a second, i found myself standing in the middle of the road. The loud honk came through my ears and gave me a sudden shock. I pulled up my face and saw what was coming to me. Everything happened in just a second, i couldn't think nor feel anything inside me. I just know that my body was trembling, waiting for a respond from my head to move my own body. 

One thing in my head right at that moment was it's the time. The time for me to disappear and create a better life in my next world. With the new people. And with a little bit of love. For me to make a better living. So i closed my eyes with my hands were clenching beside me. 

But then, i felt someone was embracing me, pushing me away. There was no pain, so i guess death wasn't like what they expect. They said death was unbearable, hurtful and unknown. But they are totally wrong.

Then i felt my body hit the ground. But there was a hand covering my head from hitting the ground. I opened my eyes, and i guess God send an anel from above to tell me that my life doesn't end here. 

"Do you really want to die?" The guy speak in the deep voice while looking at me. He sat up and brushed all the dirt from his jacket and looked me right into my eyes. I was stunned, and again, my heart was beating like crazy. I don't know what to say, and doesn't have any idea how to stop this stupid heart of mine. 

He got a perfect face, his eyes shines brightly, his skin was so fair and soft, his hair was so fluffy, he looks totally like an angel to me. This is the first time i dare to look at someone's face this close. And this is the first time i dare to look into someone's eyes and analyze it. And for the first time in my life, there's something i want to do. Something that i don't know whether i can do it or not. But this is what i decide. 

"Come, we got to do something with your head." He offered his hand. I touched my forehead and found blood on my hand. I looked up at him, and hesitate to accept the offer or not. While i'm still hesitating, he grabbed my hand and pulled me to stand up. When i was on my feet, he brushed the dust on my hair gently and pulled my hand to follow him. 

What exactly is this feeling? Why he have to be so kind to me? Is it true that he's actually an angel? 

My decision is .. 

 

to be the one .. 

 

that will always standing beside this angel .. 

 

 

Forever.