KBS Music Festival

Dream Turned Into Reality

Author's POV

It was D-Day. The first reason she came to Seoul was for that. the KBS Music Festival. The event that made her fall in love with EXO 2 years ago.

It was 2 in the afternoon and the event doesn't start until 6. Having gone to so many different music events, she knew that being late wasn't going to be the best option. It shouldn't even be a part of an option.

She started getting ready. She wore a muscle tank with the number 88 on the back and the casual high waisted shorts. She put on her black vans before moving on to her face. If she's going to be standing the whole evening, might as well be as comfortable as she can. 

She didn't put much makeup on, just a little coverage here and there and applied some red lip tint. That was her make up. She didn't really like wearing much of it because she claims that she looks so much older with all the chemicals on her face. 

She didn't need to, really. She was a natural beauty herself. She just didn't realize it. She was too obsessed on idolizing the celebrities that she didn't notice what she already had. 

She tied her hair into a high ponytail and braided it. It was definitely going to be hot with all the crazy fans and blinding lights. Not that she was complaining. Once in a while, the crowd felt like her family. Like an unintended reunion. 

Grabbing her EXO lightsticks and a banner with 'KAI' and 3 drawn drumsticks on it, not forgetting to slot in a few dollar notes into her pockets, she went out of her room. 

"Don't be back too late alright!" Mrs Seo pulled her into a tight hug. It was so comforting and reassuring that it made her miss her parents. I'll call them tomorrow. 

"Arasso~ Take care umma!" she casually placed a peck on her cheeks and headed out to the event. 

~~~

"I already miss Mrs Seo's kimchi fried rice." Jongin groaned as he laid back into the sofa.

EXO was chilling in their waiting room and basically, just waiting for their turn to rehearse. Whenever they had some time, they would never miss the chance to take a short nap and rest. Being a celebrity isn't easy. You're practically trading your whole life for the media. 

"You miss that, or you miss her?" Xiumin teased with his eyes closed. 

"We're on this again hyung?" Jongin asked, annoyed. Xiumin has been teasing him about the innocent girl the whole day and Jongin didn't have any idea how to react to that. 

Just because his attracted to her, it didn't mean that he actually liked her. At least that's what he thought. 

"What? I saw the way you looked at her! There's no harm in saying you like her." he opened his eyes finally and faced Jongin.

Fortunately, the rest of the members were too caught up with their phones that they weren't listening to them talk. He could have been in trouble. 

"There's a lot of harm when it comes to feelings hyung. We all know that." Jongin sighed.

It was in fact true. Being an idol meant that there was no dating until a certain age, or until the company has given them the permission to do so. Which was unreasonable honestly. 

Why should there be a rule when it comes to love? That's just very unfair. But if we're talking about being in the entertainment industry, there's nothing else to do but live in the reality. 

"I'm just saying that it's  okay to like her. I mean, she's a nice girl." Xiumin admitted. She had been the nicest fan he met so far and she was so comfortable to be around with too. 

"I don't even know a single thing about her besides me being her bias." Jongin said causing Xiumin to glare at him. "Okay, maybe i do know a little. But that doesn't mean anything!" 

"Well, do you want to find out?" Xiumin asked. Jongin stayed silent. He was thinking it through, and that already says that he was slightly interested in her. 

"You want to." Xiumin raised his eyebrows and smirked. 

"And if EXO's Kai is interested in a girl, we all know it's something not normal." he finished with a cocky smirk. 

Jongin doesn't pay attention to girls because he works so hard during every practice for that one or two performance. That's EXO's Kai, Kim Jongin.

~~~

Hyejung waited in line with the other fans from the different fandoms. Majority being girls obviously. But there were also some guys in line, which Hyejung found really cute. 

She even made friends with one of them. Taeyong, was his name. he was older than her by a year but he was taller than her by a lot. He was handsome, rather than cute. It made her wonder why a guy like him would be there.

"So you like Irene, huh?" he was there for Red Velvet. Surprise surprise.

"TOTALLY! She's a total cutie. And she's so damn innocent OMG!" For a guy with a manly build, he looked adorable fan-boying over the idol.

"She is! She looks so pure like a young child. And she's beautiful!!!" Hyejung exclaimed. Minguk chuckled.

"You're beautiful too, my friend."  

She took it that he was just being friendly so she just smiled and thanked him. So many people told her the same thing but she couldn't seem to believe them. Everytime someone complimented her, she only grew more insecure than she was before. Every nice thing said to her would usually be seen as sarcasm— although it could be one of the most sincere thing the person has every uttered.

"YAY! We're finally going in!" she cheered. With a new friend by her side, she felt more relaxed and definitely less lonely. 

Hyejung and Minguk stood in the middle of the huge crowd. Everyone had rushed for the spot closest to the stage but they didn't really bother about it. What mattered was just being able to see the idols. 

"Why are you so tall?" Hyejung shouted since the crowd was getting too loud. 

"Puberty happened!" Taeyong shouted back. 

The festival was starting in 25 minutes and every second that passed only made her more excited. 

"I'm so excited, i think i'm gonna puke." Hyejung shouted but the girls in front of her shot her a look of disgust before returning back to their conversation on how Got7's Jackson was such a clown. 

She shared a look with Minguk before laughing hysterically. "If it happens, that memory will forever remain in my head!" 

"What if Kai strips in front of you?" Taeyong asked.

"He wouldn't do that! I'm not worth being shown off to!" she joked. She didn't tell him about her living next to the global idol. And that's just how she wants it. She didn't want anyone to know. It has to be a secret.

~~~

"ITS STARTING!!" Hyejung shouted when the whole place turned pitch black.

EXO hasn't even showed up on stage and Hyejung has already lost her voice. She was going wild and nobody could hold her back. She might even have lost some weight from all the jumping and screaming.

"Oh god, i'm losing my voice." Hyejung spoke with her husky and raspy voice. 

"You're going all out aren't you?" Taeyong asked, laughing and then screaming like a girl for his favorite girl group.

"EXO! EXO! EXO! EXO! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!" The fans started chanting as the lights deemed. Jongin was on the spotlight. 

He started dancing and just that sight, made her heart skip a beat. That's the guy who held my hand. The guy who lives beside me. The guy that makes me crazy. 

My freaking neighbour.

"WOOOOOOOOOO!!" Hyejung shouted out loud together with Taeyong. There was no time to be shy here.

Some glared at her super high pitched scream but she couldn't be bothered. How could you possible just stand there and watch while your favourite idol performs his heart out for the crowd? That isn't what you call fun. 

The guys split up, some going to the right wing, some to the left wing, and some just stayed in the centre. Hyejung was standing in the middle ring and coincidentally, Jongin was there too, without him even thinking it through. 

"This next song, is for our EXO-L's out there, who stayed with us through thick and thin, and supported us through the toughest times.. We dedicate this song to every single EXO-L! EXO-L's, we're so lucky to have you!!" Chanyeol finished and the crowd went wild instantaneously.

Hyejung hugged her banner as she stared at the person on stage. The screams were never ending and the blinding lights were shining in the colours of rainbow but he was the only one that stood out. He was the only one she saw.

was slightly apart as she watched the guy who could probably be the death of her. Jongin was standing right before her eyes. 

And it still didn't hit her that the guy on stage had considered her as his friend. She still couldn't believe that he was the guy who held her hands first before any other guy—except her family. 

She's here somewhere. Jongin said to himself as he scanned the crowd, jumping around to the song. 
He wanted to see her, not that he had a reason for that. He just wanted to see her face. 

"You're staring too hard Hyejung-ssi!" Taeyong shouted into her ears as her eyes remained on Jongin. 

She smiled brightly but didn't react further. She was playing close attention to him. It may look a little too obsessive but hey, she lives beside that guy! 

"Look at me. Look at me. I'm here." she whispered to herself. 

Where are you Hyejung? Then, as if on queue, their eyes met. 

Her heart started to beat rapidly and the butterflies in her stomach were fluttering as if they were trying to escape. Her eyes sparkled and she smiled brightly. "Hi.." she whispered as if he could hear him. She did a small wave which he returned with a wink.

She still looks beautiful in the crowd. Jongin smiled broadly, satisfied that he had seen her and slung his arms around Baekhyun's shoulders. 

"I think i saw him look at you!!" Taeyong said in excitement. 

"Did he? That's impossible!" Hyejung faked. 

But deep down, she was positive that Jongin recognised her in the middle of the 8000 fans that were surrounding her.

 


I'm seriously so excited to update more because the story's just going to get better and better! Subscribe, vote and comment pls! And happy holidays everybody! :-)