Returns

Red Scarf

 

 

 

Snow was covered all the town. Christmas' carols were blasting from every public places. All buildings were decorated by Christmas ornaments, dominated with red, green, golden and silver stuffs. Joyful moments were happened in every corner. Children were running around while giggling. Some children built snowman on the park and some of them called a snowball war. The stores were in their rush hours since the lazy people bought their Christmas gifts in the last minutes. The food stores gave out some special menus and prices to attract people's attention. What a busy but lively Christmas outside.

 

Hyungwon left the cheerful crowd behind. He rushed to his home which located near the wood. He was a lonely person. That was why he picked to build a house far away from the town. He wanted to spend his free time peacefully without any noisy disturbance. But his lonely life had changed when he met her, a girl who brought him back alive. That girl gave a dynamic to his monotonous and peaceful life. 

 

She had a pair of beautiful eyes which made him felt drowning so deep whenever he saw them. She had soft short hair with oriental face. He never tired to see her beautiful face. He would be so happy whenever he saw her smiling and laughing. She had a petite figure till he wanted to keep her inside his hug and inhaled her scent, his the most favorite scent since the first time they met, sweet and fresh strawberry scent from her perfume. 

 

She was a smart careful girl with deep thought. She needed lot of time to think before taking a decision. Every word that slipped out from her smart mouth never failed to make him speechless. Sometime she was so stubborn, just like him. If she felt it was right, she would trying to keep her opinion. If she disagreed with his words, she didn't need to think twice to bring this topic into an argument. Her words would fight against his till he couldn't attack her back and silently gave up. 

 

She was differen from other girls. She had an unique personality, one of a kind. He never found a girl like her in his lifetime. Her sporty look often made her being mistaken as a boy. She barely treated as a girl. Whenever he unconsciously acted like a gentleman and treated her like a lady, she always gave him a surprised and confused look. She thought it was unnecessary and a little funny but it wasn't for him. She was really special for him, so precious. That was why he wanted to treat her as good as possible. 

 

She looked so strong and independent outside but none knew that she was like a crystal glass. She was so fragile till he wanted to protect her with his life from any harm, including himself. No matter how boyish her style, she was still a common girl. She could cry easily because of heartwarming and touching moments she witnessed. Her mood was so unpredictable, just like the step she would take. None could deal with her mood swing as good as him. 

 

He smiled while thinking of her, reminisced their sweet and precious moments. He really missed her, his another half, his beloved fiancee. It had been a month they didn't meet. A whole month without her was like an endless painful torture for him. He couldn't see her, hear her voice and hug her. He felt like a soulless guy, a walking dead. He wanted to meet her as soon as possible. 

 

Hyungwon arrived to his home. He stormed inside and ran straight to his bedroom. He opened the upper drawer of his desk. He smiled as he took out a small box from there. It was a Christmas gift to his angel. He prepared it before he left the town.

 

"Time to send it to you, my Amberry. I highly hope you will love it." He grinned as he walked out from his room. 

 

He really missed her. He wanted to meet her soon. He wished she wouldn't mad at him since he was gone for a whole month without a word. But he made it anyway. He would spend this Christmas Eve with her, hopefully. He would gave her a surprise tonight. He was sure she would love it. 

 

He walked down to the living room. He frozen for a moment when he saw a camera stayed on his piano, along with a box sealed with golden ribbon. He clearly remembered they weren't there when he left home. 

 

"Who put them there?" asked Hyungwon to himself. 

 

He approached the piano and took the camera. He switched on the camera. He checked what was inside. He found a video which was recorded recently, like few hours ago. Curious with it, he decided to play that video. He smiled brightly when he saw Amber's face greeted him. Then he realised something. The background of the video was here, inside his house. 

 

"How she got inside?" He whispered to none.

 

"You are not in home. I'm sorry if I trespassed inside but it's your fault after all. You should recheck all your windows and doors to make sure they are locked before leaving the house. I get inside by your unlocked window on the kitchen. Now I feel like a thief. Anyway, I want to recite this song for you. I hope you like it", said Amber on the video. 

 

His eyes widened. He paused the video and rushed to the kitchen. He checked every windows there and found the unlocked one. He facepalmed. How could he so careless like this? He was lucky it was Amber who trespassed into his house, not someone else. He locked that window and walked back to his piano. 

 

He sat on the chair and resumed that video. Her beautiful voice filled the room along with piano sound she played perfectly. He smiled as he locked his eyes to every movement of her, enjoyed her performance. She was so beautiful, like always she used to be. But there was something in her eyes that made him frowned. He could see sadness and loneliness dancing along on her eyes. His smile slowly disappeared from his face. A guilty slowly ate him up. 

 

She finished the song and turned to the camera. "How is it? Do you like it? I hope you do. Well, I must going back home now before it's getting dark and cold. Don't worry. When you finished watching this video, I'm already sleeping on my warm apartment room. I will leave the camera here. Please keep it carefully, okay? It's my one and only camera anyway. See you later, Baobei. I heart you without wax."

 

"Of course I love it, my dear." He replied while looked at the video. "I heart you without wax too, Amber."

 

Amber took out a box which sealed with golden ribbon from her backpack. She smiled as she waved it to the camera. "And this is your Christmas gift I made it special for you. Merry Christmas, my Hyungwonnie." She waved to the camera before turned it off. 

 

"Merry Christmas, my Amberry." He breathed heavily.

 

Hyungwon switched off the camera. He put it back on the piano. His attention turned to a medium sized box aside. He pulled the golden ribbon and opened the box. He smiled as he took out a long red knitted scarf. A Christmas card fallen out from the scarf to the piano. He took the card and read it.

 

'I hope you love it, Baobei. Please wear it during winter. It will make you warmer and feel so comfortable like when I hug you. Merry Christmas, Hyungwon. I wish we could meet once again. I want to see you even just a glance. Amber.'

 

"We will meet again, Amber. We will", said him. 

 

Hyungwon wore that scarf around his neck. Then he realised something white on the edge of the scarf. He looked at it closely. It was their initials. It was small but still noticeable on his eyes. He closed his eyes and inhaled the scarf. A strawberry scent. His favorite scent. Her perfume. She was right. He felt like she hugged him now.

 

He opened his eyes once again. He must ran to her place now. He couldn't wait to see her. He wanted to hug her and captured her soft lips with a sweet kiss. He put her camera and his Christmas gift for her into his backpack. He locked his front door and went to her place. 

 

Fourty five minutes later, Hyungwon already stood in front of her small apartment building. He look at her window on the fifth floor. He smiled widely when he saw light behind her windows. That meant she was at home. He quickly ran to her door. He didn't want to waste more time. He wanted to see her soon. He needed to see her smiling face at this Christmas Eve. In a moment he reached her door. He knocked her door as he panted heavily.