Day 2: Getting an early gift

Christmas fever

The entrance to his door opened with a tired junhyung carrying a bag full of groceries, he thought it would be best to buy everything now instead coming home to an empty fridge. And it's not like he could live on fast food take out forever, he took his shoes by the door then slipped on his slippers grabbing hold of his bag full of groceries. It hadn't hit him that hyungnim hadn't came up to him and greet him like he always did when he went out and came back, leaving the bag on the encounter he found hyunseung occupying his red sofa with hyungnim next to him. 
 
"welcome home junhyung." He didn't turn around to look at him but instead continued watching the tv in front of him. 
 
"oh you're here early, thought you'd be busy until later on." 
 
hyunseung hung his head backwards from where he was sitting "there was a change of plans so I just came over to hog your sofa and fridge, there's nothing to eat in there by the way." Hyungnim hopped off the sofa running over to junhyung who gladly held him trying to avoid the pups slobbery kisses. 
 
"yeah I went out to buy some food but I'm gonna be heading back to the studio right now, you can come if you want to or if you'd want you can stay here until I come back." 
 
he let hyungnim down once he felt the puppy began to squirm in his  arms, hyungnim ran back to hyunseung who reached over lifting him in the air "if I go can hyungnim come too?" junhyung laughed when hyungnim barked in response to hyunseungs question. 
 
"yes, hyungnim you can come too." hyunseung got up switching the tv off with hyungnim in his arms they followed junhyung out after the rapper had stocked everything he bought into the kitchen. they took their time to the studio where junhyung usually caved himself in, it was like his sacred sanctuary and the other could tell by the way everything was arranged in the studio. junhyung really did take pride and care for his studio and it definitely does show.  
 

hyunseung made a bee line towards the sofa immediately lying down against the massive pillows, junhyung went over to his computer and began setting up his equipment whilst hyungnim curiously sniffed and observed his surroundings before spotting hyunseung who was laying on his back. hyunseung turned over to his side watching amusingly as hyungnim tried to climb up the black sofa. 
 
"do you need me to help you with anything?" junhyung shook his head smiling at him across the room. 
 
"it's nothing much, I just need to go over and refine some tracks before emailing them before tomorrow."  
 
he hooked the pup with his arm as he settled him next to his chest, it was fascinating to watch hyungnim, especially whenever junhyung played a track out loud his ears would twitch or when the song began to be more upbeat he would howl along to the audio. hyunseung and junhyung would laugh a long whenever he did, he was really too adorable for his own good. it was currently thirty minutes since they've arrived, junhyung would sometimes pause looking over to hyunseung asking his opinion on the track wanting a different feedback from his own biased thoughts, everything going smoothly as they talked about anything and everything whilst the young producer worked away. it made hyunseung feel happy watching junhyung enjoy himself producing beats or writing lyrics, he would always manage to effortlessly win his heart over in whatever he does  on purpose or not. Junhyung was always the one who was best at expressing himself through music managing to connect with other people's feelings it was one of the many things that hyunseung loved about him.  
 
 
a comfortable atmosphere hung over them, hyungnim was finally asleep after tiring himself out from chasing his own tail and hyunseung was still in the same position as he was when he arrived in the studio. "what if dogs have their own secret language and that language is the same like aliens. So for many years dogs have been communicating with them updating about the life on earth and all that." 
 
"that would be cool I think?" 
 
"or, not only can they communicate with aliens but you know when dogs sometimes bark at nothing in the corner of rooms or something perhaps they could communicate with spirits too." 
 
junhyung swivled his chair around "so, like a ghost whisperer?" 
 
"yes." 

"I hope that ghost whisperer thing isn't true because lately hyungnim would sometimes bark at nothing especially around at night." 
 
hyunseungs eyes widened "junhyung, your apartment is haunted."  
 
"oh my god, no it isn't seung. It's probably just nothing."  
 
"you say it's nothing then paranormal things start happening, like the clocks stopping at 3am and every door starts slamming itself open and shut the next thing you know you're waking up with bruises on you that you didn't know you had." 
 
"wait a second, are you talking about that horror movie the conjuring." 
 
hyunseung hyungnims back when he started to get restless in his sleep "it's based on a true story, jun." 
 
"okay, we're not watching horror movies anymore."  
 
"do you want me to call a priest or something just to be sure." 
 
"please stop." 
 
 
after hyunseungs theory about dogs being able to communicate with the supernatural time happened to speed up for junhyung, it was two hours later that he had finally finished, satisfied with his work, he emailed the tracks as he got up stretching his arms he even felt his spine crack when he twisted his torso, saving and shutting down everything he looked behind him to see that hyunseung had fallen asleep. He hadn't even noticed that he was even quiet the whole time, switching his monitor off after the computer shutdown he walked over quietly. Hyungnim had taken refuge into curling himself against hyunseungs stomach, junhyung smiled as crouched down in front of him gently cupping his hand against his cheek with his thumb brushing just underneath hyunseungs eye watching the other breathe slowly. 
 
"seung." 
 
"seungie, wake up. As much as I'd love to carry you my back would just give out in an instant."  
 
hyunseung sat up groggily trying to take in his surroundings "are we going home now?" Junhyung smiled warmly tucking a strand of hair behind hyunseungs ear. 
 
"yeah we are, let's go home." He guided a slightly disoriented hyunseung to his car with his arm around the waist and a still snoozing puppy in his other. They finally got back to the apartment, the eldest was awake now and they were just right outside junhyungs door. He quickly grabbed hold of junhyungs wrist stopping him from opening the door, with his hand still holding the wrist he quickly took out a small white present from his pocket placing it in junhyungs palm. 


“Merry early Christmas junnie.” 


“seung, you didn't have to. And it's still early you know.” Nonetheless junhyung admired the small white present laced with a gold ribbon, he pulled the ribbon then carefully ripped the white wrapping paper to reveal a velvet blue case. Junhyung opened it to reveal a silver crown shaped ring gleaming in the lights reflection, inside the ring was a small engraved initial that said 'HS', junhyung looked in front of him to find the gift giver beaming like a bright diamond. 
 
"now we match." He took out a necklace hidden underneath his shirt to show his identical crown shaped ring that was the same as his hanging on a necklace, his ring also had an initial inside but it was engraved 'JH'. He took the ring out of the velvet box and slipped the silver crown ring onto junhyungs left finger. 
 
"your left ring finger where your ring is connects to your heart which is mine and my ring that rests against where my heart is yours." He then moved in front to open the door and pulled junhyung who was still shocked inside the dark room, with the click of the door the apartment lit up with the rest of members jumping up from their hiding places. 
 
"Happy birthday!"  
 
the room was anything but quiet, loud terrible singing was heard with he bursting sound of party streamers that fell everywhere. it startled hyungnim but he quickly was seen jumping around chasing the falling streamers, doojoon and yoseob held a birthday cake in front of him as kikwang quickly lit up the candles. 
 
"quick hyung make a wish!" 
 
he closed his eyes before opening them and blowing the candles out, more rowdy cheers were heard hurting everyones ears at this point. dongwoon and kikwang started to attack junhyung to give him his birthday punches, doojoon held hyungnim in his arms watching yoseob getting involved with the maknaes. hyunseung was still stood by the door laughing at the whole commotion with a large smile etched on his face. 
 
"I think junhyungie has been tortured enough, its time to indulge ourselves in cake, chicken, and alcohol!" doojoon bellowed him and yoseob raced each other towards the table in the Living room to arrange the food and drinks whilst the maknaes took as many plates and cups as they could carry. hyunseung laughed  at everyone being so lively around, while they were all busy junhyung held the back of hyunseungs neck pulling him in for a short but sweet kiss. When junhyung pulled away he was met with the oldest blushing shyly. 
 
"happy birthday to me." 

 

 


I'm on track noww and happy belated birthday junhyung!! im gonna sleep then update again  ╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭