Day 1: Attending a holiday party

Christmas fever

 

It's a friday night and doojoons plan was to stay home catch up on a few shows, order take in for dinner and hopefully squeeze in a couple of naps in between. That was all doojoon planned to do, that is until yoseob comes home from work ecstatic about some party that his coworker was having and of course doojoon being the good boyfriend he is listened to yoseob happily chatter on about how excited he was to go and he was glad that yoseob was happy. That was when he made the mistake of unknowingly agreeing to go to the party too and here doojoon was sulking behind the shorter following him up to the large house in front of them that was decorated generously with Christmas lights and little reindeer ornaments around. 
 
"well that's your fault, you're the one who agreed anyways you can't escape now we're already here." 
 
grumbling to himself doojoon turned his head to glare at the stupid snowman mocking him for not listening the first place, yoseob tugged his wrist pulling him next to him "it'll be fun I promise you! Plus we'll take a lot of food home." 
 
"that does sound good but I'm missing on some quality time with my sofa right now." The shortest of the two laughed tip toeing to peck his big baby of boyfriend, ringing the doorbell they waited for a couple of seconds until faint footsteps could be heard rushing behind. the door swung open revealing a  slim man around doojoons height the most noticeable feature was his facial hair, the host instantly grinned upon seeing yoseob. 
 
"yoseob! You made it just in time, and you must be doojoon right?" 
 
doojoon nodded trying to put on a friendly smile, the guys goatee was really distracting him. As if reading his mind yoseob elbowed him "I'm glad I did, this is doojoon my boyfriend. And doojoon this is byunghee hyung." 
 
"ah, it's nice to meet you I hope you didn't mind that I tagged along." 
 
byunghee sheepishly laughed "of course I don't mind, it's nice to finally meet you yoseob talks about you a lot. Come inside it's chilly out here."  
 
'yoseob talks about me a lot huh' the brunette raised a suspicious eyebrow at his boyfriend curious as to what exactly he's been saying, yoseob grinned at him playfully shoving him aside so he could get in first. The house was warm filled with red, white and gold Christmas decorations, the house wasn't as crowded as he thought it would be with small groups of people around the living room area majority of people were scattered around chatting to one another. In the background there was instrumental music playing, doojoon appreciated the minimalist furniture making everything more spacious. Byunghee offered to take their jackets so he could keep them in his bedroom, shrugging off his own jacket yoseob asked doojoon to hold his phone as he took off his own before they gave their jackets over.  
 
at this point doojoon curiously looked around admiring the white christmas tree in the corner while a flat screen tv played some show that no one was probably watching, byunghee and yoseob were chatting a mile away already forgetting about doojoon. It didn't last long as byunghee left to attend to some other matter, he was going to ask yoseob if he would come with him to attack the food table however a rather intimidating person came up to the two.  
 
"sorry for disturbing but I could I talk to yoseob hyung for a bit?" The serious look was flushed into a shy gummy smile in a flash. 
 
the blonde boy perked up next to him, "yongguk! Sure we can, I'll be right back." Without giving a reply yoseob and yongguk disappeared into thin air, doojoon pouted feeling like a child who was told to stay with the groceries as the mum went off. Anxiously looking around he spotted a familiar raven haired guy in the kitchen, he made his way smiling at a few patrons that he happened to know as he passed by.  
 
doojoon sneaked around wrapping his arm around the person next to him, "and why did you not tell your fave hyung that you would be here?" 
 
surprised by doojoons appearance hyunseung smiled "hyung, I didn't know that you were a friend of byunghee hyung." Doojoon removed his arm around after sensing a murderous glare across him. "he's actually a coworker of yoseob and I was dragged along unwillingly." 
 
hyunseung rolled his eyes "or you weren't listening and accidentally agreed to coming." The eldest feigned a gasp before he slumped leaning onto him "how did you know, you must be psychic." 
 
"ahjusshi, if you didn't want to be here in the first place then just go." Scowled junhyung, he was already annoyed  at doojoon for interrupting his conversation with hyunseung.  
 
doojoon grinned knowing full well that junhyung was annoyed "this ahjussi just decided that he will stay here with you guys for the rest of the party." The grumpy guy pulled hyunseung over to his side by the waist lying that he was starting to block peoples way when really he just didn't appreciate doojoons need for skinship constantly especially around hyunseung.  
 
hyunseung obliviously looked around unknown to the childish glaring going on, "hyung, you said you were here with yoseob right? Where is he?" Realization hit him in the head, he was  so focused on teasing junhyung that he forgot about yoseob, patting his pockets he dug up his phone to text him only to surprisingly jump a second later the at the feeling of vibration from his other pocket, he took out the source to see it was yoseobs phone. 
 
". I forgot that I have his phone." he frowned while scratching the back of his neck . 
 
"good job ahjusshi." 
 
"shut it brat." 
 
hyunseung reached over junhyung stealing a tree shaped sandwhich on the counter "do you want us to help you look for him." 
 
"don't worry about it I'll just head back and retrace my steps, I'll see you guys later." Doojoon left them but not without stealing junhyungs coke can as he escaped, he could faintly hear hyunseung laugh as junhyung spat out murderous threats at him. Looking around doojoon couldn't remember if yoseob asked him to wait there for him or some other place, entering back into the living room he wondered if he should try looking upstairs or not. 
 
"doojoon hyung!" 
 
he whipped around spotting a arm waving frantically in the air, weaving through people scattered across he approached the corner of the room where a small group of people were, the closer he got the more realised that it was none other than dongwoon with kikwang sitting close by next to him, doojoon also acknowledged some of dongwoons friends that he had met before. 

 


“Ah, dongwoon have you seen yoseob?” dongwoon shook his head 

 


“Sorry hyung haven't seen him,have you kikwang hyung?”  

 


kikwang mirrored the maknaes head movement “nope sorry” 

 


“Ah, yoseob hyung hes short and has blonde hair right?” across the couch from dongwoon jinwoon sat up “yoseob hyung is really cute I can't believe that he's older than me and he's really talented in singing, is he going out with anyone?” a switch flipped in doojoons head but he kept a friendly smile on anyway even when the maknaes didn't even bother to hide their laughter. 

 


“jinwoon you're an idiot” a girl doojoon remembered as Nicole giggled ignoring jinwoons complaint. Kibum threw a popcorn at jinwoon before turning over to doojoon. 

 


“the last time I saw him he looked like he was heading towards the garden.” Doojoon wasted no time as he thanked the group, after a couple of minutes he found yoseob sitting on a bench looking straight ahead through the glass door. Sliding the door open the eldest was met with the crisp of fresh air against his skin unlike the warmth compared to inside, the garden was plain and wide with a few flowers sprinkled across the sides. 

 


“joonie!” yoseob jumped off the swinging bench to wrap his arms around doojoons waist “I've been looking for you everywhere I was gonna go back in and find you but I got distracted by the night sky.” Doojoon held the other closer to his chest, he swept yoseobs fringe away as he brushed his lips against his forehead. 

 


“yeah the sky does look amazing…do you know what kind of star wears sunglasses?” 

 


“what kind?”  

 


“Movie stars.” 

 


Yoseob could feel doojoons boisterous laughter vibrate through his chest where he had his face currently pressed, rolling his eyes he broke the hug dragging him over to the bench where he sat himself onto doojoons lap. Wiping his non existent tears away doojoon enveloped his arms again around his short boyfriend who was occupying his lap, there was a faint sound of blurred voices and music coming from behind them while the bench swayed a little. It was nice to get out and isolate themselves for a bit, being around other people can be exhausting sometimes. 

 


Doojoon found a plate next to them that was filled with a variety of snacks. “seobie?” 

 


Yoseob hummed leaning back “is that plate next to us meant to serve 16 people or 1?” 

 


“Shut up.”  

 


He chuckled without even looking at yoseob he knew that he was blushing, he took a haribo egg off the plate feeding the other. “hey, where'd you get that Coke can.” He looked at what yoseob was pointing at and forgot that he still had the drink with him. 

 


“Oh that, stole it from junhyung.” 

 


“Well it was nice knowing you while you were still alive.” 

 


“What? You're not going to protect me? Your handsome boyfriend?” 

 


“no.”  

 


doojoon whined nuzzling his face in the back of yoseobs neck, "oh right can I have my phone back?” shuffling around a little he took out yoseobs phone handing it over. As soon as his phone was in his hands a message arrived from dongwoon. 

 


Dongwoon
Look behind you 

 


Confused at the vague text he turned around seeing dongwoon, kikwang, junhyung, and hyunseung staring right at him from the other side of the glass door. Yoseob abruptly let out a frightened screamed startling doojoon causing the bench to almost tip them over. He was fuming as kikwang came out laughing with junhyung mocking yoseobs face. “I hate you all, you're the worst.” 

 


“we love you too seobie!” kikwang beamed holding onto the maknaes arm. 

 


“yah you brats almost tipped over my food!”  hyunseung stepped up grabbing a pretzel off the plate “that's a lot of snacks on the plate hyung.” Dongwoon reached over to take some only for yoseob to slap his wrist away the maknae pouted before kikwang kissed his wrist. 

 


“You don't get any, how long have you been standing there you creeps.” 
 

 

Junhyung smirked “long enough, you guys are cringey to watch.” Doojoon stuck his tongue out, holding yoseob closer. The door opened again with seungho peaking through “hey, do you guys wanna join us for karaoke?” 
 

 

“of course!” cheered kikwang he quickly stole the plate as he scrambled inside with dongwoon with him, witnessing what just happened yoseob jumped off doojoons lap to chase them whilst the eldest calmly followed along watching them, hyunseung laced his fingers with junhyung as they entered but not without him stealing back his unopened drink from the bench.   

 

 


 I'll be updating this again later on since I'm a day late~ (ง ´͈౪`͈)ว