Chapter 3

Please Talk
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]                      [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

[REWRITTEN-ISH] “Thank you for tuning in to the GG Music Station! I’m your host, Sunny, where I am joined by my fellow host, Sooyoung!”

“Man, I love these girls,” Baekhyun fanboyed. Sehun and Jongin willingly got out of the way so he could sit closest to the radio – not that it made a difference.

“Yeah, yeah, thanks, Sunny! Uh, so unfortunately Taeyeon can’t join us today—”

“What!” Baekhyun hollered. Taeyeon was his favourite host on the GG Music Station and now that she wasn’t going to be on the show today, Baekhyun’s spirits were hammered in like a nail.

“—because her aunt is visiting her this week.”

Baekhyun looked close to tears. It was such a petty issue, such a waste of emotional stress, but he was broken-hearted. He turned to Sehun slowly with his eyes bleary from salty tears and his nose hideously snotty.

“Do you want a tissue?” Sehun asked in his dead, monotonous voice.

Baekhyun shook his head violently and wiped his disgusting, blubbery face with the back of his sleeve. This greatly disturbed Sehun as he gagged and pulled a face.

“Shall we get started then?” One of the hosts asked rhetorically.

“Yes…” Baekhyun whimpered, hoping that the music would wipe away his tears. But then he remembered that Taeyeon liked to sing along to the songs they played. Oh God, now he was crying again.

“Why are you so upset about her, Baekhyun?” Jongin mumbled. Truth be told, Jongin wasn’t paying attention to the radio show or Baekhyun at all. He was staring out of the window in Sehun’s neat and orderly bedroom, watching a short boy nervously cross the road. A very familiar boy.

Baekhyun wailed in response. He was too busy making incoherent whale-like noises and blowing his nose overdramatically to notice that Sehun had moved much closer the radio so he could hear the ladies’ voices. Sometimes Sunny would crack an awful joke that Sooyoung would groan at, but Sehun smiled; he thought it was funny.

“I’ve always preferred Tiffany,” Jongin muttered.

Sehun gave him a pointed look before saying, “Sunny’s my favourite.”

The other two boys turned around and stared at Sehun. Although the younger wouldn’t like to admit it as an amiable confession, he regularly listened to the GG Music Station. Occasionally he would listen to their podcasts while he walked to school, lonely and thoughtful as he often was.

“Ooh, I love this song,” the radio carried on playing, even though Sehun was the only one listening. “It’s about love at first sight! Laying your eyes on someone so perfect that you stop speechless and fall so madly in love that you have this feeling that you know they’re the one!”

“You are so poetic,” the other host said sarcastically, “everyone knows that love at first sight doesn’t exist…”

“H-Hey, guys…” Jongin muttered distantly, not leaving his eyes from the window. “I-I gotta go.”

“Are you serious?” Baekhyun snorted, completely dumbfounded by Jongin’s sudden upheaval of odd behaviour. “The hell are you going?”

“Out.”

Jongin gave no further response; no explanation or farewell. He snatched his beanie and chucked his coat on, ignoring every one of Baekhyun and Sehun’s protests to make him stay.

Was it pouring with rain? Yes. Did Jongin care? No.

Jongin unlocked the front door (god bless Sehun for giving him his spare house key) and made a dash for wherever his feet were taking him. Nearly slipping on the pavement, Jongin skidded round a corner and evacuated himself from the outdoors and into a near

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter