Chapter 2

Please Talk
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]               [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

[REWRITTEN] “Go on, prince charming, talk to him.”

Jongin saw the owl-boy glance up from his book and narrow his eyes at him.

“Shut up, he’s looking,” the Jongin whispered, nervously glancing over to the owl-boy then turning back to Baekhyun.

He looked back down at his book again. Jongin watched as the owl-boy ran his fingers down the faint creases in the spine of the book where he had opened it too widely, and bit his lip.

Jongin felt a nudge from behind him and was suddenly pushed up and out of his seat. “What are you doing?” he snarled.

“Go talk to him, Jongin.” Jongin looked over at the owl-boy, who was taking indiscrete looks at him from over his book. “See? Now he’s giving you funny looks.”

Jongin took a deep breath and walked over to the owl-boy.

“Urm, h-hello.”

The boy looked up at him and Jongin nearly exhaled at the beauty of the owl-boy’s eyes. He thought that he might fall into them if he carried on staring.

When the owl-boy hesitated, wide eyes flicking around the room, Jongin pointed to the book in his hands. “Is it a good book?” he asked.

The owl-boy looked down at the book and gazed at it warily, looking as if it weren’t supposed to be there. “It’s okay.”

Jongin blinked. That wasn’t much to go off of. He was kind of expecting the owl-boy to ramble on to him about what the book was about and what had happened so far, but he didn’t.

Jongin looked down at his hands. “Does it have a happy ending?”

The owl-boy shrugged. “I haven’t read the end.”

“Oh.”

The owl-boy’s eyes glided across the paper, running along each word effortlessly. He was flat out ignoring Jongin now, which made him feel fidgety. Jongin stood up, hoping that the owl-boy would look up at him. But, again, he didn’t.

“Bye.”

The owl-boy finally glanced back up at him. “Goodbye.”

*             *             *

Kyungsoo stared down at his smooth, placid fingernails. His new year’s resolution at the beginning of last year was to stop chewing his fingertips when he got nervous.

Those thin little digits had never looked so tempting…

To distract him from the sinful act of breaking a new year’s resolution, he opted to twirling his pencil around his fingers. That didn’t last very long, for Kyungsoo wasn’t particularly talented in pencil twirling. Kyungsoo didn’t even like the pencil he was twirling; it was one of those mechanical pencils that you had to press the bottom end to push up the graphite – but it was blue. Kyungsoo wanted the black one instead, but Kyeonghee had taken that one first.

Flipping through a fashion magazine, the teacher, Ms Ae (who was as young as she was beautiful), frowned at something she was reading before circling it in a thick, red biro. She then turned to the next page to which her face contorted petulantly.

“Unbelievable,” she muttered.

Kyungsoo took a quick look at the achrom

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter