Encounter

Another
catcher.gif
 
Encounter

 

A loud, blaring and purely deafening music boomed through the club. All the way from entrance, both palms of mine had been glued beside my ears. But well, people were partying in esctacy they didn't seem to care about it.

 

"I am here. Where are you?"

 

I texted the person who invited me here—Cha Eunjung. It was crowded enough to even looking at my phone. Then every time the music spiked, I shrieked the loudest. Why do it have to be here...

 

It might sounds exaggerating to state that I was allergic toward anything that's loud. 'It could be psychological' My psychiatrist once said during one of our previous session. It suprised me though. How would he really sure of that? Even if it's like what they said that it is incurable, I'll just avoid it, not a big deal. But what never failed to bother me was the feel. Like it stirred something inside of me that I myself couldn't explain.

 

'Breathe.'

 

I blinked once, twice, and then the next one, my heartbeats just roared that it almost explode. Darkness consumed when I immediately realized that I was briefly alone. A faint voice was calling out to me and familiar feelings seeped from within. This weird sensation ran over. It made my skin crawl uncomfortably. My head stings so much trying to remember something important that I must've forgotten. In that brink of time, my own heartbeat was all that audible to me.

 

 

'Song Hyuna.'

 

 

Realization flooded as I witnessed the surroundings that slowly restoring into its original state. I stood there, mouth gapped, hands balled into fist as I was struck completely mute.

 

 

“I am here, right behind you.”

 

 

In a flash, I was back inside the club, surrounded by many others. I threw my head back and my mouth forming an ‘O’ shaped.

 

 

“I've been waiting for you, dear princess.” Frowned, Eunjung leaned forward and whispered beside my ear.

 

 

'What had just happened?'

 

 

I tossed from side to side. Everything seemed to reform to the way it was. It as if I was teleported into another dimension, world. There was a frightening moment before I realized something more disturbing: I have been there before. And that voice belonged to someone I knew but I just couldn't get a head on the way I felt about this.

 

"Yah, Song Hyuna! Snap out of it, will you?"

 

 

"Eun-Eunjung ah, I-I think..." I held up one palm upfront, still not having the courage to face her. I blinked tears when my eyes finally leveled to her. "T-This i-is..." there was no way any words could represent what I had truly experienced, and felt at this moment.

 

 

"Wh-What? I-I came twenty minutes exactly!” With pouted lips, Eunjung folded her arms and scowled. “Aish, what a temper! Anyway, your dress, isn't it a bit revealing? There’s not much to show though.” she continued with her mocking tone which inherently conveyed a slightly neutral feelings to what have been conflicted inside me.

 

Unknowingly, I snarled back while mouthing a hiss sound. Who is she really? No one had ever talked to me in such that way before. Eunjung had become blunter in her talking. She was the first and probably the last. There was something so familiar about her I had yet to discover. Eunjung wouldn't have to know that I found making friends were among the difficult tasks I hated to admit. But yet every time she around, it as if I was transformed into a whole new person. Someone totally opposites of my well-built cool personality but a cry baby, somewhat clingly, or perhaps more.

 

 

Cha Eunjung, she had the ability to unleash sides of me that even myself not knowing of or had tried too hard to keep it hidden until now.

 

 

“Why were you dozing off?” Eunjung snapped her fingers before my eyes, laughing hard, clearly enjoying her victory over me.

 

 

Eunjung and I, we were two of the three survivors from the accident seven months ago. Both of us received treatment within the same hospital. Our bed was just beside each other. Although every now and then she would jokingly telling me that I had forgotten some parts of the accident, I had insisted constantly that I did remember everything and even though I recognized her from the beginning, it was Eunjung who approached me first. And on top of that, she did it way too diligently. From the two months period we were in the hospital, every single day, she would greet me, talked to me into everything, which kind of reminded me of mom. Bit by bit, I started to open up to her. From the moments I began to share to her about my parents, school life, future dreams, on and on, in no time at all, we were inseparable.

 

 

Eunjung deliberately poked my cheek, which managed to pull me out from my train of thoughts. “Kai was here already.” She told me with a smirk.

 

 

“I knew that." I retorted.

 

 

"Here, take this,” She drew me closer for a hug, nervously whispered into my ear, and then transferred something into my palm.

 

 

“Wa-Wait! Where the hell you get this from?” My voice spiking up an octave and before I know it, we were already away from the crowd. She dragged me at one corner with fewer people around it.

 

 

“Shh, are you crazy? You have no idea how I get this !" her eyes widened with warinees. "Listen," she put up a finger on , as if it didn't obvious to me already. "This is amphetamine. An illegal drug, they call it...I know some insider who works with the police. Tonight, they are going to come for a premise check in thirty minutes or so." She explained it so intently that I couldn't help but to get serious too. "You better put this in his drinks and make sure he drinks it.” A satisfied grin formed on her lips as she released my hand and idly shift it on her hips.

 

 

“So, what do I do? Put this in his drinks, and we're cool? What's next then? Have with him?” I teased while raising an eyebrow and scrunching at my nose. She scoffed at me disbelievingly.

 

 

“Yah, Song Hyuna!” A shriek made its way to her lips. “Do you want to die?!” she uttered through gritted teeth. After her last words, she shuffled and stood behind me, then coiled her arm around the curve of my neck.

 

 

“Cha Eun Jung!” With both hands, I clasped her arm, struggled to release it off.

 

 

“I'm sending you off! Now go! The police would come in half an hour and make sure you finish him off before that.” To ease the choking-like sensation she caused me a minute ago, I placed a hand over my throat and rubbed at it.

 

 

She was looking expectantly at me, waiting for my reply. “Okay.” I replied dryly.

 

 

“Jeez. Anyway, be careful.” Her voice softened while gently patted at the small of my back. We exchanged a glance for a moment and she leaned forward, planted a kiss over my cheek. “You have...twenty-five minutes left!” She snapped her fingers, winked mischievously at me before disappearing in the crowd.

 

 

Just for tonight, I had worn a tight, low-cut dress in red, exposing my long, bare and satin smooth skin. Eunjung and I had been planning this so-called revenge for quite some time now. Kai, my current plaything was her former boyfriend. It all started when he was caught cheating on her prior to the accident that happened almost seven months ago. Tonight was the anticipated night. Both of us would going to get even on him. The plan is to put the illegal substances in his drinks and Eunjung would leak the information to the police from the narcotic department, in which she claimed to be someone she knew.

 

 

Kai and I had been seeing each other since a month ago. I knew I was not the only one he dated, but all in all, he was born to flirt. He had that y vibe radiating from him, it sort of intriguing at first but after a while, I figured out he was just a spoilt rich kid, arrogant, a picky eater and erted jerk. The cold air crept under my thin dress. I puffed out cold breathes into my palm, rubbed it together and cupped my cheek to transfer its warmness.

 

 

“Where is this ing retard?!” I knocked the door for the umpteenth times until my poor knuckles began to ache, numb. I glimpsed at my watch and hissed. “Damn. I have fifteen minutes more. What do I do?” The tension built up inside of me had caused me to become restless than ever. Pacing back and forth in front of the room, I was completely immersed with my own thoughts and oblivious of my surrounding. My heart almost jumped out when someone touches the bare skin at the small of my back.

 

 

“Hi there, baby.” I turned around clumsily and my head smacked on that person's chest. Warily, I looked up to meet with whoever it was. I was mentally prepared to stammer an apology but it turned out to be someone that I knew.