Chapter 3: How to say Goodbye

One True Love

I arrived home happy, but as I get inside I saw my mom and dad talikng seriously.

 

"Oh, Shinhye-ah, please change your clothes right away. We really need to talk." my mom said. 

"Ne.."

 

After changing, I went downstairs to talk to my parents.

"Shin hye-ah?" my mom said to start the conversation.

"Ne..?"

"We'll be leaving Korea this Saturday." my dad said.

"WHAT??  You're leaving me again?"

"Ani.. Its not only me and your mom Shinhye, you're coming with us."

"What? dad, can it wait? Can it wait til' i garduate?"

"No Shin Hye, you see our company in New york really needs us, and we really dont want to leave you behind here."

"You can always continue your highschool in New York Shin Hye." my mom added.

"NOOO!! I'M NOT GOING ANY WHERE!" I said as I ran to my room. 

"YOU HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH IT SHIN HYE! WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT YOU'RE COMING WITH US IN NEW YORK!"my dad shouted.

I was really crying that hard that it even send me to the dream land.

It was already 6am and I'm not in the mood to go to school. My mom entered my room, she was trying to comfort me.

"Sweetie? Why don't you spend our remaining days with Geun Young? I not how it feels Sweetie."

Mom was right. So I gave her a hug and went out of my bed and prepared for school.

 

When I arrived Geun Young was already waiting for me. As I went near her, I cant help but to feel the saddness of the fact that I will be leaving. How could i say goodbye to my only bestfriend? I hugged her tightly but I still didnt have the courage to tell her.

 

"Yah! You're late."

"Yeah, Im sorry."

"Come on! Its almost time." she said as we walk holding hands.

 

I saw Yonghwa, he gave me a smile, the smile that i would be missing. I would really miss him. And because of this situation, Im starting on not believing in happy endings.

 

***

During the lunch break, Geun Young noticed that I was acting differently

"Yah! Park Shin Hye! What happened? You seem not on yourself?"

""OH?Nothing. Dont mind me Geun Young-ah!"

"Yah! We're bestfriends right? So dont you ever lie to me!"

 

And because i was guilty, I ended telling her everything.

 

""WHAT?? You're...... Leaving?? " before i could answer, she ran away.

 

"Aahh!! Then how could I formally say goodbye now.!" I told myself.

 

Tomorrow will be my last day here in Korea, so I have to spend it wisely, but how? When Geun Young was mad at me.

 

****

It was really awkward that Geun Young wasnt talking to everybody and especially to me. Even Yonghwa noticed it.

Even after classes she went out of the room with out talking to me.

 

I was really upset. Before I could step out of the room, Yong Hwa suddenly appeared.

"Hey, You left something on your desk."

"Haaa?"

"Why dont you get it?"

As he asked me to get it, I went back to my desk and saw a chocolate with a note:

"Hey Shin Hye-ah, you seem not in the mood, hope this chocolate would help to cheer you up."

 

i smiled, i was about to thank him but when i looked around he wasnt there already.

 

"How would i even say thank you and goodbye yonghwa?" i said to myself.