[23.07.2015] Hwasa's entry

Rain (The day they met)

23-07-2015

 

 

Today's my birthday. As usual, I went to the café bookstore after a study session/birthday party with some of my classmates and nothing means more to me when I saw her smile, her dimple sunk in further as she hugged me and whispered 'happy birthday Hyejin-ie' into my ears. I can feel her warm breath tickling my neck so I playfully pushed her shoulder away from me, thanking her for the 'sultry' greeting.

 

We walked together to the back room and I was surprised to see party decorations and a somewhat decent-looking cake on the coffee table, the same coffee table where we first bickered when she laughed at me for ordering that stupid black coffee.

 

So I said: What's with the cake?

 

Her: Why? You don't like it?

 

The way she pouted, her head tilted a little to the right and her cute frown. Gosh, I could write a novel about how cute she is! I feigned ignorance, pretending that I didn’t hear her question and invited myself to sit down on the sofa, meticulously observing the cake. She pursed her lower lips even more, pouting as I didn't respond to her question and I accidentally let out a giggle.

 

Her: What are you laughing at?!

 

I broke into a full fit of laughter. This kid, how did she manage to make me fall even more for her?

 

"It's the best cake I've ever seen, Wheein-ah. The best," I told her.

 

Hearing my answer, she stomped over to the sofa where I was seated and sat. On my lap. I didn't see what she was doing, as she was blocking my view but a second later, my face was smudged with cream - from the cake. She fake-slapped me and got cream all over my cheek so I reached out to get some on my hand and covered her face with it.

 

Call me crazy but even with cream splattered on her face, she still look so perfect. The cream got onto her nose and the area just a little under her eyes - looking a little like a clown, but not really - and before I even realized, I got too close with her, invading her personal space and our nose nearly touched, separated only by the thin layer of cream.

 

Both of us froze, maybe it was just me, and before anything could happen - do I want something to happen? - she pulled away, still maintaining eye contact.

 

Her: I've got more surprise for you.

 

Turned out that she had pizza in her oven, waiting to be taken out, so she stepped out of the room and I waited there all alone, with cream still on my face and looking like a complete fool. A fool in love, I suppose. I was just looking around to see if there's anything more in the room that could be a surprise gift but when I saw a notebook tucked into the cushion underneath the other sofa, curiosity got over me.

 

I shouldn't have done it but I pulled it out.

 

The cover page had me interested.

 

'Rain.'

 

I flipped it open and the first date I saw was the same date as the day we met. I didn't read much because the kitchen was not too far from the backroom and I could hear her footsteps nearing so I tried my best to hide it back at the original place.

 

Her: I hope you love Pepperoni.

 

Heck, she even shares the same taste in food as me! I told her that I love it more than I love anything else in this world.

 

"Except the other person in this room," I added.

 

Blood rushed to her cheeks and blushing, she shoved a slice of pizza into my mouth.

 

'Just shut up!'

 

I didn't mention anything about finding her notebook because it was too personal and we've only known each other for about 4 months now. No need to rush things. Maybe when we're close enough, closer than we are now, I'll sneakily ask her about it.

 

The chemistry we have right now, it's more than I could have imagined when we first met. It all started on a rainy day but I sure hope that our ending wouldn't reflect the mood of the rain. I hope it would be filled with sunshine; happily ever after.