when he couldn't

Espoir
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
MARCH 2015

"do you wanna have dinner with us?" asks Vic once she opened the door for him. "what are you guys having?" he asked as he got in and heard his son's voice playing with Vic's daughter upstairs. "chicken pan grill and veggies. the kids are having mac and cheese" she said and they both heading towards the kitchen. "i cooked quite a lot but ended up might eating em' alone" she said and Tae looked back at her and furrowed

"Khun's having dinner with his friends tonight, he just told me" he just oh at her and nods "sure, i'll have my dinner here then, i'll just let Daniel play for awhile, he sounds like he's having fun upstairs" he chuckled and so does Vic "he was very happy today that he got to play with Julia" he smiled. "anyways .. when is your wife coming back?" she asked, knowing that something is wrong between them just by the look Taemin gives. 

"i don't know" he answered her and thanked for the food before he takes the fork and knife up. "something's wrong?" she asked but he just shrugged "come on, that look, i know my brother too well" she said and he gave up when he look up to her who's still waiting for him to talk, he placed down the fork and knife and sigh "i'm just annoyed. i got pissed off at how she treated him" he stops and look up to the indoor balcony to check if Daniel is somewhere near the balcony because he knows that they're playing in Julia's room which is quite near to the balcony anyways. 

"and she called herself a mom" he just scoffed "i've been keeping this since a while ago" he knows where's the mistakes but he never thought she was like this in first place. He remembers the time he met her, of course he wouldn't thought he would actually fall for somebody else except for Jinri when he moved out from London to New York. 

It was a short period of time that he somehow found himself falling for Minah when he met her at his university in New York, she was in the fashion department and he's in the Design. She was beautiful and so passionate at what she was doing and he thought to himself to actually give it a go even though he was still recovering from his breakups with Jinri that's actually took him a year and a half to 'properly' moved on. 

He found himself falling for her as she reminds him of Jinri in some sort of ways when he first met her. She was fun, quirky and just everything like Jinri but she changed, completely when they got married just after a year knowing each other. He just wanted to have a family, a happy ones and he thinks Minah can fit in his empty spot. They were happy, they got Daniel, it was all amazing until she got recognised for her fashion work and got super famous for it. Of course he was happy but the work life took her away from him and his son. 

She changed. 

That was the time he knew he made a mistake, for marrying someone so fast but having Daniel was never a mistake for him. He loved his son more than anything. He was never happy even when he tried to be and create a happy moment with his son and wife, it will always be the wife that ruins it. But he never say anything. He kept it to himself, until they moved back to London and the thought of holding it back is very hard now.

"i don't even know if she acknowledge our presence in her life. her child most importantly" he said and Vic listens. "i guess marrying to someone very popular is hard maybe" he said and just sighed. "so... you guys fought?" she asked "last night.. i just couldn't keep it anymore, it just bursted out" he said "did he heard your conversation?" she asked and he nods "i couldn't think anymore. it just went out straight from my mouth" 

"Jinri asked" Victoria said as she pour the gravy over her pan-grilled chicken and that made him look up to her in full surprised "she asked if everything's okay because Daniel doesn't look good at all today and she was worried" she stops. "i like her" she said and that made him look back down to his food and just eat the food silently.

It was silent before he said "she's married" and sip the orange juice "i know. i've seen the ring" she said. "you never stop weren't you?" she said as she observing her brother who wouldn't make the eye contact with her "it'd be a lie if i said i did" he just murmured that out and eat the food silently but Victoria just smile, knowing her brother. 

 

 

╰☆╮

 

The day starting to feel warmer and spring slowly moves in and winter goes away. It was almost the end of March and it was not a surprised to him that Minah decides to go back to New York tomorrow for her work which he couldn't say no if its really about her work. The HQ is in NY and they probably needs her there but she still haven't come back from Paris and it annoys him a lot. 

It was lunch time and he did told Jinri that he wanted to bring Daniel out for lunch which is fine for her. He walks out from the office building feeling somehow good because of the lovely weather in London and the fact that he finally taking his son out for lunch after awhile of not spending much time with him because of his work. 

Jinri was helping the kids with their lunch box that they brought from home to have their lunch here. Her face was full of smiles and laughter as she helps them and how much the kids adored her. Daniel was there and somehow getting very attached to Jinri recently but she never say anything. He must've known that Jinri is a friend of his father. "daddy will be here in a bit okay?" she told Daniel who grips her shirt and followed her anywhere she goes which she find it cute with his big brown eyes and cute pink plump lips when he smiles and nods. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter