10th January 2015

Espoir
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
January 2015

It's 10th January and it's a big day for Jinri, it's Sehun's birthday and she'd thought for a whole 2 weeks what to do on his birthday and just what to give him. It's bright and early and Jinri already up, getting ready to go for a morning walk to the store to buy the things that she'll be cooking later tonight. 

She'd been thinking of baking a cake for him though she's not really that good in baking except for cooking, but Sehun loves her chocolate chip cookies. Maybe she'll buy him a cake and just bake some cookies, that would do. She's much excited for tonight since she'd get to spend some time with him because he'd been super busy lately, having some time during dinner is more than enough for Jinri. He went out earlier than he always do because he had to go out of the city for an early meeting and Jinri didn't even get to wish him happy birthday. 

She grab her purse and her house keys before walking out in the cold winter but somehow refreshing, especially in the morning like this and the sun is out which is good. The neighbourhood is so quiet this morning and there's just a few people having a little morning run and Jinri sweetly smile and greet them as they passed by. She loves this kind of weather in London, it's just beautiful and relaxing. Something about this neighbourhood that she loves, probably because it looks almost the same as the Notting Hill's neighbourhood. 

The store isn't that far anyways and there's a morning market nearby which she thought of going there after buying some stuffs from the store. Her brother went back to Norwich last night even though Norwich isn't that far, it's always hard for them to find some spare time to come over to London and just spend more time as a whole family. Baekhyun's always busy, he always is. Sometimes, Jinri would find herself going there and just spend time with his family because Sehun's always busy and that he wanted her to go there so that she wouldn't get bored whilst he's not around. 

Baekhyun totally sees her problem with Sehun even though she didn't tell him nor his wife. He can see it especially after Sehun always away for meetings and leave her behind though he do insist on taking her with him, it was always her who prefers staying alone back in London. 

Her phone rings and it's Sehun. "hey" she heard his voice and smiles "hi, have you arrived yet?" she asks before stopping at the red light, tapping her foot as she waits. "haven't yet. you're up early" he said "yeah, morning walk always a good idea and besides, it's such a lovely day today" she breathe in and out of the fresh air. "yeah, the sun's out" he said

"yeah! the sun's out, i was about to say that" she chuckles, getting all happy because of the sunny sun has decided to come out after a gloomy wintery days. Sehun chuckles from the other line and made her smile softly "you'll be home tonight right?" she asks and cross the road after the light turns green. "yeah, i'll be home probably around 6" she nods. "anyways, Happy 33rd Birthday you old man" wishes Jinri with a soft laugh when she heard him groan. 

"do you really have to mention the age?" he said and groan once again making her laugh. "33 isn't that bad~" she's entering the store and surprisingly there's quite a number in the store early in the morning, especially the elderlies. "where are you?" he asked. "in a store, we ran out off groceries at home" she said and as if she can see him nodding his head. "i'll leave you now. will tell you once i've arrive. love you" 

"you too" she smiles before bidding him goodbye and ended the call. She grab the green coloured basket which probably not a good idea, she should've gotten the trolley and left towards the baking goods aisle, searching for chocolate chip cookies' ingredients. 

She ended up spending a lot of time in the store, probably almost an hour or so it's just because she loves being here, looking at all these fresh vegetables and the freshly baked goods at the bakery section. The smell is just amazing and she couldn't help herself but to stop and searching for some delicious sandwiches for her to have as a breakfast, it's still morning. it's only 9 in the morning so it's fair to have some break for delicious breakfast

Those sandwiches looks amazing, but she knows what she's having. That mouthwatering smoked salmon sandwich with a salad on the side. "i'll have the smoked salmon please" she ordered and paid. "Jinri?" she turn around when she heard someone called her name, and only to find a familiar face that she'd not seen for such a long time. 

"V-victoria" she found herself stuttered her name, and the tall beautiful black haired girl smiles and chuckles at how surprised Jinri looks right now. "ohmygod it's been so long, how are you?" she asks Jinri. The cashier gave her the sandwich which she then thanked her and step aside for Victoria to order hers. "i-i'm good. how are you?" she asked her back. 

She couldn't recall when was the last time she sees her. "i'm great. i can't believe that i bumped into you" she said. Jinri just smile. "i can't believe i see you here" says Jinri which made her chuckles at her words. "w-where um, where have you been?" she asked, Victoria paid and got her breakfast before they both walk towards a table and settle down before she answer her question. "i live in Paris now, but i moved back here, just a month ago" she said and Jinri just nods. 

Memories started to come back to her, memories that she'd long forgotten suddenly came back to her. "oh.. so how was Paris then? why did you move back here?" she found herself asking some stupid questions. "Paris was lovely but i had to come back because of my job. i got transfered. which is good because i missed London though it's not really that far" she smiles and Jinri remember that she used to admire that smile on her beautiful face, she still is now. 

"hey, tell me about you. it's been so long" she said and smile as she waits. Jinri was in dilemma whether she should tell the truth or just lie, but she never lie to her anyways. They were close back then. "well um, i have my own art studio that i open for toddlers" she said  "that's nice, i can totally send my daughter to your place right?" she said with that smile still on her face "sure, she'll have a blast there" smiles Jinri. 

She take a bit of her delicious smoked salmon sandwich before Victoria asks "married?" she asked in a single word. Honestly, that was the last thing that she wanted Victoria to know, she just doesn't feel like telling her that and she knows that it wasn't right to hide her marriage status from others as well, but she doesn't know why she feels that way today. 

But she didn't lie when she nod her head. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter