hundred thousand won

The Certified Jerk
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Ring-ring...!

My phone buzzed inside my blazer pocket. I fished it out and looked at the caller ID. It was Hyo Sang Oppa, my elder brother.

"Yoboseyo Oppa," I answered the call.

"Chae Sun ah," he called in a worried tone, "Mom is sick."

"Mwo?!" I gasped, "how can that be? What kind of sickness, Oppa? What medicine do you need?" I bombarded him with questions. Just how can Mom be sick? She is, and always, the strongest woman I knew.

"Calm down, sis," Hyo Sang Oppa said, "well, it's actually not sickness."

"Ya Oppa, if it's not sickness then what is it?"

"Well," Oppa trailed off, "she's injured..."

"Huh? Injured? How can that be?" I asked him, getting worried again.

"She kinda fell and, umm, she broke her right arm..." Oppa trailed off again. I sighed. Just how can this happen to mom?! All my life, I've never seen Mom break her bones nor even injured!

"Sorry, Chae Sun ah, I should have taken better care of Mom," Oppa apologized. I closed my eyes and shook my head in disappointment, "How much do you need?"

"About ₩400,000."

"YA OPPA?! YOU THINK I HAVE THAT MUCH?!" I screamed through the phone at him.

"Calm down Chae Sun!" Oppa screamed back, "Look, just send me ₩100,000. I have most of the money in my account. And by the way, you haven't send some of your earnings to mom for the past 2 months!" Oppa reminded. He was right. I was too busy with work and school that I forgot to send money over to my Mom.

"Aish, jinjja," I blew my bangs, "I'll send it over later after school."

"Thanks Chae Sun ah," he thanked me with a cheerful voice. Then there was a long pause before he said, "Sorry Chae Sun, I have to depend on you again."

"Oppa..."

"Neh?"

"I love you," I said to my brother.

"I love you too, my little sister."

Then we hung up.

"Noona, you were shouting over the phone just now," Jungkook said. He took a chair and sat in front of me.

"Who was it?" Park Jimin asked this time. He also took a chair and sat beside Jungkook. Ah great, Kim Taehyung's friends again.

"Noona, you have a boyfriend?" Jungkook asked. I widened my eyes. Really Jungkook? Really?

"I was just talking to my elder brother just now," I said in an annoyed tone.

"Wah, then I have a Hyung, right Noona?" Jungkook beamed and I hit his head with a pencil, "Ah, Jeon Jungkook. Stop joking around. Just what do you want right now?"

"Ah yes, we almost forgot," Jimin said as he rubbed his forehead, "There's something we need."

"Ok Noona, first thing first, are you free on the 3rd?" The younger boy asked as he rested his elbow on the table.

"It's this Friday," Jimin informed.

"Nope. I work on Fridays," I told them.

"Good!" Jungkook and Jimin cheered as they hi-5ed.

"Ok, so Jin Hyung's birthday on the 4th but we want to celebrate his birthday on the midnight. We want to surprise Hyung. So we plan to book your cafe after its closing time on the 3rd. Can you help us Noona?" Jungkook asked with his puppy eyes.

I tried to process everything he said, "Hold on a second. Details please."

Jimin cleared his throat, "So on the 3rd after our dance practice, the six of us-"

"Including that jerk Taehyung?" I asked and they scolded, "just listen first!" I nodded and Jimin continued.

"The six of us will come to the cafe after its closing time at 11pm. Then right before 12am, we will prank Jin Hyung into thinking that the kids has been

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter