celebration

The Certified Jerk
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The boys came an hour early before closing time on Friday and luckily, there were not a lot of customers left in the cafe. While Hoseok and Namjoon bought the birthday cake and Yoongi ordered pizzas, Jungkook, Jimin and Taehyung blew up the balloons inside the storeroom. Joonmyun Oppa who has agreed to stay went to clear up some tables. As it was near to closing time, I swept the floor.

It was 20 minutes to midnight when I saw that the pizzas were neatly set up, perfected with a cake in the middle of the joined tables. As Hoseok and Namjoon hung the banner that I made on the wall with Yoongi directing them, I checked on the boys inside the storeroom.

POP! 

I almost had a heart attack as one of the balloons burst in front of my face. I was then greeted by extremely loud laughter by Jimin and Jungkook and I instantly knew the culprit. Taehyung the jerk!

"Ya!" I bellowed at him as I continuously slap his shoulders, "I could have died!" 

Taehyung laughed with his mouth wide open and pointed his finger at my face, "you should have seen her face!"

"That wasn't funny okay! You gave me heart attack!" I scolded him but the three boys did not stop laughing. I sighed and remembered to tell them to get their decorations ready.

"Yes ma'am!" They chorused. 

In the last 10 minutes, Namjoon went to check if everything is ready before getting the youngest to prank call Seok Jin. We switched off the lights before Jungkook went to action. 

After a few rings, Seok Jin answered the call.

"Hyung..." Jungkook started with a scared voice and fake a pant, "help me Hyung."

"Yah, Jungkook-ah? Are you alright? What happened?" Seok Jin's worried voice could be heard from the loudspeaker.

"Help me Hyung..." Jungkook faked a cry, "I'm attacked. I'm scared Hyung, help me." Hoseok and Yoongi's silent laughter can be seen with Jimin silently reminding them to shut up. 

"Tell me where you are right now and I'll come over," Seok Jin said and some shuffling of keys could be heard from the other side. He must be leaving his house already.

"I'm near Generation Cafe. Hyung please hurry!" Jungkook pleaded and started shuffling candy wrapper in the microphone.

"Hyung! The reception isn't good. Ppalli Hyung! I'm-" Jungkook purposely cut the line. When they have done their act, the boys burst into laughter. 

Estimating the time that Seok Jin will reach the area, he'll be at the cafe in about 5 minutes time. So quickly, the boys brought the cake to the entrance to surprise Seok Jin, while Jungkook went out for his second act.

When the bells from the door rang, indicating someone has entered, Jimin popped the confetti and they started singing the happy birthday song, completed with the lighted up cake and Seok Jin's "what the hell!", "I thought it was all real!" and "Aish, Jeon Jungkook you make me so damn worried."

The boys started giving their presents and a bro-hug to Seok Jin and I could see the happiness in his eyes. Seok Jin and the boys are so lucky to have each other. Joonmyun Oppa went up to them and gave them free drinks. "It's on me," he told them and the boys immediately gave their thank yous and a 90° bow.

"Sorry if I'm wrong, but aren't you Kim Joonmyun? You're in our dance club's legendary team right? EXO?" Hoseok started and Joonmyun Oppa immediately gave me the 'I-knew-I'll-be-found-soon' look and I laughed him off.

"Neh. I am that man," Joonmyun Oppa answered and they all started cheering. 

Then I realised that everyone has given Seok Jin a present, including Joonmyun Oppa who gave Seok Jin a special drink that was not on the menu. I made a mental note to myself that I'll get him something in the afternoon when all shops are open. As I was sweeping the floor that was full of confetti, I could hear Joonmyun Oppa spilling all his high school dance club memories to the boys, filling them with awe and excitement. He even gave them tips and advice to improve. 

Heol. He didn't even want to share anything with me after the long time working with me but in a second he met them, he already gave the thousand-and-one stories about the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter