Heat of the sun

Cherry Blossom, when the seasons return...

| H e a t o f t h e s u n |
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

“But why can’t all molecules be just as simple as H2O?” Eunhyuk whined.

I looked at him as if he had lost his mind or something.

“Then we would be like liquid and really weak!” Leeteuk stated and looked up from his own book.

I continued doing my nails as I heard Eunhyuk sigh for several times. Was it really that hard for him?

“Gosh! Stop that! That stinks!” Eunhyuk shut the book. He looked annoyed.

I looked at him in surprise and noticed he pointed at the glossy shade of purple on my toes. It can’t be that bad…

“Yah. Eunhyuk if you’re that frustrated from your work, just take a break!” Leeteuk intervened.

Without answering, Eunhyuk stood up and flicked on the electronic fan. It was too hot in my house. Maybe that was stressing him.

“I’m going to get something cold to drink.” I stood up.

“I’ll go with you.” Leeteuk stood up as well and followed me downstairs to the kitchen.

“Hey, are you okay? Don’t mind about Eunhyuk, he’s just a little bit pissed over his work, I think.”

“I know thanks. I don’t mind if someone loses control once in a while though.” I said, while filling the glasses with orange juice. Leeteuk searched for ice cubes in my freezer when I suddenly had a good idea.

“Let’s go to the beach!” I smiled at him.

“The beach?”

I knew Leeteuk wasn’t really the type of person to run around in swim trunks, but I thought he should get out of those old preppy clothes for once.

“But… I don’t have swim wear that still fits me.” He giggled.

“Then we have to go and buy!” I shouted happily. From his looks I could see he didn’t really want to go.

“So, which one do you like?” Eunhyuk asked Leeteuk as he was searching through the rack of clothes for him.

“One that fits… and is cheap!” Leeteuk responded as he looked around him.

Eunhyuk nearly dropped the pile of choices he had in his hand. “Yah. What are you talking about? We have money!” Eunhyuk laughed.

“That’s alright! I don’t want you guys to pay for my clothes.” Leeteuk replied.

“Aaaawww…” Eunhyuk and I both let out and pouted, causing him to smile.

In the end we still paid for his clothes. Eunhyuk bought one for himself as well and I bought a bikini with jumper shorts. Eunhyuk treated us on ice-cream for his victory, yeah, for his victory about convincing Leeteuk to pay for his swim trunks.

Eunhyuk’s swimwear:
http://www.yesstyle.com/en/dangoon-suffer-print-beach-shorts-dark-orange-one-size/info.html/pid.1022947282
Leeteuk’ swimwear:
http://www.yesstyle.com/en/dangoon-flower-print-beach-shorts-blue-one-size/info.html/pid.1022947294
Na-Young’s swimwear:
http://www.yesstyle.com/en/cookie-7-set-striped-bikini-jumper-shorts/info.html/pid.1022753044

We went in Leeteuk’s car and drove to the beach which was merely deserted.

When we arrived we simply stood there, all a bit clueless on what to do next. “But have you guys thought about where and how to undress?” Leeteuk asked while his one foot covered his other with some of the white sand.

“Well I just go behind that bush, you guys fight over that shower cabin over there!” Eunhyuk pointed at a small stone house with toilets and showers in the distance.

“Oh, hey!” I laughed when I noticed there was a small cabin at this deserted place.

When Leeteuk also noticed the small hut he looked at Eunhyuk.“Yah! What kind of ert are you to undress behind a bush?!”

“I’m not a ert; it’s usually just really dirty in those toilets.” Eunhyuk defended himself.

“Oh, okay…”

After changing in our swimwear, Eunhyuk wanted to play a game of volleyball.
The beach was getting more crowded already. A few couples were walking around, groups of friends were relaxing and an older man was setting up his ice-cream car.

“I challenge both of you for a game against ME!” Eunhyuk announced proudly. Leeteuk and I looked at each other doubtful about Eunhyuk, knowing he often makes a punishment for the losing team and ends up losing himself, because of his overrated self-confidence.

“What’s your plan?” Leeteuk asked, raising an eyebrow.

“We’ll hire a boat, then we paddle all the way until we reach the lane that separates the beach from the open sea, the loser has to swim farther to that buoy far away then turn around and swim all the way back.”

I stared at him with open mouth.

“Eunhyuk no, that’s dangerous!” Leeteuk stated, trying to get him out of his fantasy.

“Oh what can possibly happen?” Eunhyuk questioned. “I won’t get cramps, I’m strong, and if Na-Young gets a cramp you can just carry her.” He laughed.

Leeteuk looked at me shaking his head, obviously disapproving to the idea. “You know the waves are really strong up there…?” Leeteuk asked half to us, half to himself.

Somewhere I felt a twinge of excitement in my stomach.

“Let’s do this!” I yelled.

“Aaarghh…” Eunhyuk grunted while smiling.

Leeteuk looked at us with worry in his eyes.

“It’s not that bad. Don’t worry that much.” I comforted him and smiled. His look softened immediately.

“Fighting!” I shouted. “Fighting!” Eunhyuk responded.

We waited for Leeteuk until his - little reserved - ‘Fighting’ finally came.

Who would reach the first 20 goals would be the winner.
Leeteuk and I had trouble scoring with Eunhyuk because several times we didn’t know who would hit the ball causing it to just fall on the ground between us. Eunhyuk enjoyed it all the better. But soon it was obvious we were starting to pay attention better and were on the winning side.

The score was now 17- 12 for us. “Eunhyuk, what are you going to do now?” Leeteuk teased.
Eunhyuk ignored him and played even more energetic, but in the end he still lost.

“So, are we ready?” Leeteuk asked as we stood in front of the water staring at the waves crashing against the shore.

“Aja!” Eunhyuk shouted.

“It looks really far though” I said, getting a little concerned now.

“Weoh?” Leeteuk looked at me. “You guys wanted this…”

“Let’s go” Eunhyuk grabbed my arm and pulled me in the little plastic boat.
The farther we went away from the shore the more our boat started rocking. I felt the water with my hand which was cold. Eunhyuk and Leeteuk were both paddling so I had nothing to do. When we reached the lane as agreed, Eunhyuk stood up and removed his t-shirt.

“Hana, deul, set…” Leeteuk counted. A smile appeared on Eunhyuk’s face just before he jumped in the dark water.

“, this is cold!” Eunhyuk let out after he completely submerged in the water.

“Okay, bye, we’ll see you on the beach!” Leeteuk said nonchalantly while handing me Eunhyuk’s paddle.

“Bye Eunhyuk!” I smiled and turned the boat with Leeteuk.

“I can’t believe you guys really let me do this…” Eunhyuk finally admitted.

“Have fun in the open sea! I hope the waves aren’t too salty!” Leeteuk giggled, expecting Eunhyuk to just turn back and give up, but when I looked around I saw Eunhyuk wanted to prove us wrong and really swam in the direction of the sea.”

“Eunhyuk!” I screamed, causing Leeteuk to stop in his tracks and look around.

“Oh, why is he such a fool?!” Leeteuk sighed.

“But he does seem to do okay even though the waves are pretty strong…” I noted when Eunhyuk continued crawling to the buoy.

Leeteuk and I stared at him until we suddenly heard a faint cry. It took two seconds before Eunhyuk submerged in the water. He was gone.

“!” Leeteuk cursed as he stood up, pulled off his shirt and dived into the water. I didn’t hesitate a moment and followed him.

“EUNHYUK!” We screamed and struggled against the weight of the water. When we reached the place he disappeared, we weren’t able to see anything because of the dark water. Leeteuk dived in the water to search for Eunhyuk as I screamed and cried, afraid of losing him.

Then all of a sudden Eunhyuk appeared behind me and smiled. “Gotcha!” he laughed.

“Eunhyuk, you idiot!” I started hitting him.

“Sorry for scaring you, are those tears or water?” He reached for my cheek, but I couldn’t respond before Leeteuk dragged him down.

“Na-Young, help me!” He clutched onto my arm.

After minutes of playing in the water we swam back to the boat.
Eunhyuk and I paddled this time so Leeteuk could relax.
I looked at him in front of me. He leaned against the edge of the boat with his head back and eyes closed. It was the first time I saw him without his preppy clothes and haircut. The water had made his hair wet and messy. His skin was like tea with a lot of milk because he never exposed it to the sun. For the first time I realized how beautiful he actually was.

When we got back we played another game of volleyball, but friendly this time. We were against Eunhyuk for the second time, because from the three of us, he was the fittest.
I was a girl and Leeteuk never really did sports.
After a while some girl asked if she could join us and play with Eunhyuk in the team. She seemed to know Eunhyuk from school. His popularity once again was confirmed. Who wouldn’t know Eunhyuk?

“What’s your name and in what class are you?” Eunhyuk asked the girl.

“I’m Seo Young, going to the 3th year.” She showed three fingers.

“Okay Seo Young, those are my friends, Leeteuk and Na-Young.” Eunhyuk said.

I waved at her and Leeteuk smiled weakly. After playing for half an hour we were tired. Leeteuk and I went back to our place on the beach while Eunhyuk talked to Seo Young and walked slower together with her.
I put on my sunglasses and cap as I lay down on one of the towels.
Leeteuk let out a sigh.

“Na-Young, do you want ice-cream? The sun is so hot!”

I wasn’t listening but thinking about what Eunhyuk and that girl were saying to each other that they were laughing and getting along so well. For me and Leeteuk it took a whole year before we were close with Eunhyuk. I saw them walking our way.

“Na-Young…?” Leeteuk asked again, pulling me out of my thought bubble.

“Huh?” I asked confused and he started laughing.

“You’re really absent and slow sometimes! I asked if you wanted ice-cream.”

“I’ll go with you!” I stood up and followed him before Eunhyuk and Seo Young were back here.

“That’s a yes, I guess…” Leeteuk smiled.

“Leeteuk…” I started, suddenly trying to get the conversation on a more serious note.

He looked at me confused, recognizing the tone in my voice.

“Have you ever wondered what Eunhyuk says to people to befriend them so fast?”

He started laughing out loud at my question.

“I’m serious, is it his charisma or something else?” I realized I sounded frustrated at this moment.

Then Leeteuk said something I have never forgotten for some reason.

“The reason why people like Eunhyuk have so many friends is because they already like him before they know him; all HE has to do is be nice back to them. But if Eunhyuk truly likes all of them, I doubt it. They say you can’t have more than three or four real friends.”

I thought about what he had said. If it was really just about returning the favour, I realized our friendship must mean a lot to Eunhyuk, since we were absolutely not nice to him in the beginning.