There Is No One Like You

My Only Boo Is You

"Seungkwaniiiiiie" Hansol called as he ran to his bestfriend. "I made it to the team!" 

Seungkwan gasped as a body slammed to his back and a pair of arms encircled his waist. Warm breath tickled his neck as Hansol tried to catch his breath, they stayed like that for a minute, his best friend trying to regulate his breathing and him trying to regulate his heartbeat. They've been best friends since kindergarten and they grew closer over the years, close enough to show such intimacy in public. Hansol turned him around, clutched both of his shoulders and said in delight, "I made it! I made it to the basketball team!" 

"REALLY? OH MY GOD!" Seungkwan shouted back while jumping up and down. 

"Your not suppose to say "OH MY GOD!"" said Hansol as he ruffled his best friend's hair.

"Whatever" he said in annoyance "WAIT I HAVE A NEWS TOO! I MADE IT TO GLEE CLUB! I'M A SOLOIST" Seungkwan exclaimed.

"OH MY GOD! I knew it! You have such a wonderful voice" Hansol pinched both of Seungkwan's cheeks.

"Yer net s'ppose to sey er mey geeeerd" Seungkwan said while his cheeks were being pinched.

"It's your fault, you always say that. Come on let's have a marathon of One Piece to celebrate"

"Not agaaaain" Seungkwan whined but he walked nonetheless, trapped in Hansol's arms.

...

It was the most awkward 30 minutes of Seungkwan's entire life. He sat at the "cool kids" table staring at a total stranger. When Seungcheol pulled him to the table he was expecting Hansol to ran up to him and hug him tight but all he got was a "Yo! Seungkwan! Wassup? It's been so long" . It seems that he was indeed his long lost best friend but not quite. A lot has changed since they got separated when Hansol's family moved to Seoul back in 8th grade. They were able to talk via Skype for some time but it grew less frequent until there was no communication at all.

"Are you going to eat that?" Mingyu said even if he already has his finger on Seungkwan's french fries.

"No. Go ahead and eat it" Seungkwan replied. He learned a lot about these "cool kids" for the past 30 minutes. First, they were all nerds. Mingyu loves to cook and eat and he has a dirty habit of wiping his hands just about anywhere or anyone. Wonwoo looks cold but he actually snorts when he laughs and he laughs easily especially if it was Mingyu who dropped the joke. Seungcheol was telling the truth. He's no longer a bully and he's actually the President of the Glee Club, in which Chan was trying to get into and Seungkwan was invited. 

And then there was Hansol with his rough teenage voice and golden hair parted in the middle. The last image he had of his best friend was a Hansol with metal braces on his teeth and thick round glasses on his eyes. He did remember Hansol telling him,one Skype session ago, that he had Lasik treatment before because he can't play basketball well with his glasses on but Seungkwan never expected his best friend to look so good. He looked so good that Seungkwan suddenly felt the urge to punch him in the face. For unknown reasons he found the new Hansol intimidating and arrogant. Maybe it's the way he lic k his lips when he talks, maybe it's the way he laugh freely, or maybe it's the way he look at Seungkwan, like he was a prey ready to be devoured by a predator. 

"Are you going to eat that?" Seungkwan was about to just hand the fries over to Mingyu when he realised that it was Hansol who was seated beside him. He smiled a dazzling smile as he reached for the fries but Seungkwan suddenly grabbed the paper tray and  stuffed everything in his mouth, "Yesssh .. Shee?? Eym eeteeng them" he said with a mouthful of fries.

Hansol laughed, and Seungkwan realised that some things didn't change. It was still the same laughter that he was so used to before. "Aww you don't want to share your food to me anymore?" he teased. Seungkwan tried to swallow everything at once and choked on the process. Hansol immediately grabbed a water bottle and offered it to Seungkwan, but the latter dismissed it with a wave of hand that was too strong, it knocked the bottle and the water spilled on Hansol's uniform. It was a chaotic scene. Seungkwan was so embarassed he ran away from the it. 

...

The first week of school went by fast and Seungkwan did his best to avoid Hansol and his gang. He declined all invites to their lunch table and avoided their path whenever he saw them on the hallway, so when the teacher announced who was his partner for the class activity on Friday he groaned internally.

"Alright, this is just a piece of cake" Hansol declared full of confidence.

"It is if you'll take this seriously" Seungkwan rolled his eyes, lips pouted out of annoyance.

"Of course I will!" Hansol put his arms around Seungkwan's shoulder but the latter pushed it away.

"Stop playing around. We just need to draw each other and get done with it"  Seungkwan snapped at Hansol. 

The activity proved to be easy for Hansol but very, very difficult for Seungkwan who can't even look at Hansol's face without being mesmerised. His hair, his eyes, his nose, his lips, Seungkwan took it all in, a feeling of nostalgia waving through him as he remembered their sleep overs and movie marathons.

"Here! I'm done! Hmmm I did catch your Seungkwaness." Hansol interrupeted his thoughts and held the paper at an arm's length to adore his creation and Seungkwan saw it.

"CHWE HANSOL! I DON'T LOOK LIKE THAT!" Seungkwan reacted. "Look! my cheeks aren't that fat,and my lips aren't pouted that way, and look at my eyes. OH MY GAAASH" Seungkwan was exasperated.

"What are you saying? It looks exactly like you see?" Hansol laughed and put the drawing pad near Seungkwan's face to compare his drawing from the muse. He then glanced at his classmate's drawing and saw that Seungkwan did an acceptable job. He felt bad for mocking him.

"WHY ARE YOU SUCH A JERK?" Seungkwan said as he snatched his drawing pad and walked to their teacher's table to pass it. The bell rang just in time so he went straight out of the classroom. Hansol ran after him, shouting his name but Seungkwan just kept on walking. Seungkwan reached the then empty locker room, but Hansol was able to catch up to him. "Hey! Why did you ran away? I'm sorry if I offended you" Hansol said as soon as he was within earshot of his classmate.

"Yes I was offended thanks for noticing. Why are you following me?" Seungkwan snapped.

"You uhm left your bag"

Seungkwan snatched the bag from Hansol's hands and said, "Thanks now get lost"

"Ya! Why are you like that? You're the one who spilled water on me do you know how cold I was that day?" Hansol shouted as he hit the locker behind Seungkwan. They are now standing face to face,Hansol rested his hand on the locker and Seungkwan was now sandwhiched between the locker and Hansol. "Why are you so sassy to me?" he asked, anger boiling up within him.

"You're the one who made fun of me!" Seungkwan shouted back, his face turning red.

"It's because of your attitude! You've been grumpy the whole day and I thought... I thought I'll make you laugh for once... like... before" Hansol said, trying to calm himself down.

"Oh so now you remember "before". You only "wassuped" me when you saw me remember?" Seungkwan was talking fast and trying to imitate Hansol's way of greeting.

"What?" Hansol said in English as he tried his best not to laugh at Seungkwan's way of imitating him.

"Don't WHAT WHAT me!" Seungkwan said also in English, cheeks puffed and face serious.

Hansol lost it. Laughing, he rested his head on Seungkwan's shoulders. The boy pushed him away but he didn't move.

"YA! Stop laughing!" Seungkwan said as he hit Hansol's shoulder and tried to push him away. "Oh MY GOD! STOP IT"

Hansol looked up to him and said "Your not supposed to say "Oh My God"", he smiled and looked at Seungkwan fondly. "You haven't changed a bit. I'm sorry if you misinterpreted my actions, it's just that I thought you won't recognize me anymore and I got scared" He looked into Seungkwan's eyes, searching for forgiveness. Seungkwan's heart skipped a bit as he stared back at Hansol's eyes. It was foolish of him to make assumptions right away so he said out of guilt "Fine. I forgive you" 

His best friend sighed in relief and he finally moved away. Seungkwan let out the breath he didn't know he was holding. Hansol offered his hand to him. "Welcome to SOPA Seungkwannie" when Seungkwan took it, he was pulled into a hug by Hansol. "Ahh I missed you so much. C'mon we have a lot to catch up on!" he did not let go of Seungkwan's hand as they walked out of the locker room.

 

~~ A/N BOOOOOO ~~

Hello again! It's me BOOOOOO .. How was it? Did you like it? Thank you so much for subscribing and commenting we felt touched omoooo... I know this isn't a well-written fic but we are working hard to give you tooth-ache inducing chapters.. I'm so sorry VERNONIE if I disappointed you haha but trust me this gets better. THANK YOU FOR THE LOVE ~ KAMSAAAANG ~ ♥

(HERE'S SOME FETUS VERKWAN FOR YALL... THIS EPISODE KILLED US BOTH UGGGGGH)