I Still Dream of Chasing You, What Should I Do?

My Only Boo Is You

A five-year old boy clutched his mother's hand tight like his life depended on it. Honey brown eyes b with tears behind round glasses stared at the huge iron gates of the school. "It's okay sweetie. I'm sure you'll have fun and you'll make a lot of friends" his mother said as she sat down on her knees facing her son. "I'll pick you up later okay?" the boy reluctantly let go of her hand and stifled a sob. 
Just a few steps away from them, another five-year old boy stood with his mother, but unlike the other one he was smiling, chest raised high and face filled with enthusiasm. 

"I'll be okay mommy! I promise I'll make you proud!" his mother laughed and kissed his chubby cheeks. 

"I am already proud of you my sweet child. Go now I'll pick you up later. I love you!" his mother shouted the last three words because the boy was already running towards the school.

"I LOVE YOU TOO MOMMY!" the boy shouted back once he was inside the school.

...

"Good morning children, I am Miss Im Jin-ah and I will be your teacher" the teacher said once the class settled in a few minutes later. 

The children answered and bowed in unison "Good Morning Miss Im!".

Miss Im looked around before continuing, "Alright" she clapped her hand and smiled, "I also want to know each beautiful children in front of me. Please introduce yourself one by one. I will call the first person and then that person will call the next one and so on. Who wants to go first?" a couple of eager hands shot to the air while some shy kids lowered their heads so that they won't be called.

"Ahhh you go first!" Miss Im pointed to the kid who was frantically waving his arm. He stood up, chest raised high and face filled with enthusiasm, just like a few minutes ago when he was with his mother.

"Hello! My name is Seungkwan and my last name is Boo! I am 5-years old. I'm happy to meet you all" his voice was loud and proud as he stood in front of his classmates. 

"Thank you so much Boo-ssi. Please, choose the classmate whom you want to know" the teacher said with a smile.

"Uhhhhm" Seungkwan knotted his eyebrows as he scanned the room.  He already knew each of his classmates since they were all neighbors. Then he laid his eyes to the only unfamiliar face in the room, a uniqe image amidst the sea of similar faces, like how young Seungkwan thought what angels would look like. "I want to know him!" he said as he pointed his finger to the boy sitting at the farthest corner of the room. His honey brown eyes grew big behind his round glasses when he realized he's next. Seungkwan sat down to his seat in front as the other boy walked towards the front of the class.

"Oh! Hello, are you a foreigner?" The teacher asked when the boy reached her. 

"I .. uhm .. I .. am .. a .. halfter" the boy stuttered, looking at his shoes. 
The teacher went to him and rubbed his shoulders "It's alright can you tell us your name?" she said encouragingly.

"My name is .. Han .. Hansol. Chwe Hansol.. I'm 5.." he said raising his head ever so slightly to look at his classmates before bowing down. 

One by one the students introduced themselves, but Seungkwan was not paying that much attention. He kept on glancing at the back of the room where Hansol was sitting. He already made a mental note to himself that he would be his best friend.
...
Lunch time came and everyone went out to eat. Seungkwan immediately ran to his bag and got his packed lunch out. He looked around for Hansol but the boy was nowhere to be found. Determined to befriend his classmate Seungkwan went outside to look for him. He didn't have to look for long, once he stepped outside of the building he saw a little commotion around the sandbox. A group has gathered around something that little Seungkwan can not see.

"What are you doing there halfter? You don't have food? I thought you're supposed to be rich huh!" one of Seungkwan's classmates shouted. At the mention of the word "halfter" he immediately ran towards the group.

"Ya! What do you think you're doing huh! Leave him alone!" Seungkwan shouted as he stood in front of the boy cowering in the sandbox. His chubby cheeks the color of fresh tomatoes as he screamed as much as his tiny lungs could manage. 

"Oooooh so scaryyyy" the larger boy whose name was Baekho teased and the other boys laugh. "Give us your lunch and we'll leave you alone!" he said looking down at Seungkwan. 

"Fine! Take it you pig!" Seungkwan gave him his lunch box.

"Thanks fatty!" Bekho said as he and his friends walked away laughing.

Seungkwan immediately turned to Hansol. "Are you okay?" 

"I'm ... fine ... thanks" Hansol said as he remove his glasses to wipe his tears with his arms.

"Where is your lunch anyway and why are you sitting alone here?" Seungkwan asked as he offered his own handkerchief to the crying boy.
Hansol took it and answered, "I left it back home, Mom asked me to put it on my bag but I forgot"

"Aigoo why would you do that?" Seungkwan ruffled the boy's hair. "Don't worry,now I don't have lunch too" 

"Won't you get hungry?"

"It's okay I have plenty of food stored here" Seungkwan said as he lifted his shirt and rubbed his chubby belly. For the first time that day, Hansol laughed. Seungkwan thought he was more beautiful when he's smiling.


...

Seungkwan rubbed his stomach as another growl escaped from it. He did not only leave his packed lunch at home but he left his wallet as well. He now sat alone in the cafeteria waiting for a miracle which won't probably happen because of all the profanities he had been mumbling for the past 15 minutes. He kept his mind away from food by thinking about other things, and he thought about the revelation he heard a while ago. Chan said that the cool popular guy was Chwe Hansol.

"Chwe - freaking - Hansol" he muttered his name again. "It's really impossible though, there could've been hundreds of Hansols in Seoul and the Hansol I knew was so far from what I saw" Seungkwan said to himself trying to compare the image of Mr. Popular Guy Hansol and his Long Lost Best Friend Hansol. "Maybe he changed? It's been 3 years since I last saw him, but still" his stomach let out another growl "Aiiish this thinking is making me hungrier.". 

"Yo! Jeju boy!" someone shouted and he turned around to see Chan walking towards him. "Aren't you eating?" Chan looked at the empty table in front of his classmate. 

Seungkwan made a face and slammed his head on the table. "I forgot my wallet at home" he answered without looking up. 

Chan was about to respond when he was  interrupted "Ayooo Chan! Come over here!" someone called a few tables away.

"Uhmm. If you want I can share my lunch with you but let's go there" he gestured towards the table where the voice came from. "You see that table over there? That's the "cool kids" table and I was invited to eat with them! That means I'm cool right?" Chan's face was filled with enthusiasm when Seungkwan looked up.

"It's okay, I'm okay, you can just leave me here" Seungkwan cried and slammed his head on the table again. At that moment someone grabbed Chan's shoulders. 

"What's taking you so long?" the guy who called Chan apparently became impatient and walked towards them.

"I'm just uhhh" but he wasn't able to finish his sentence.

"Ya! Seungkwan! BOO SEUNGKWAN?" Seungkwan looked up upon hearing his name. "It's me! Seungcheolie!" the guy continued as he sat next to Seungkwan. "Ah it's been a long time I didn't know you'll be transferring here!" 

"Oh! Choi Seungcheol!" Seungkwan said, his face turned sour when he realized who he was. Choi Seungcheol was one of Baekho's minions who took his lunch when he was in kindergarten. "Do you still bully people for lunch? Oh may gosh grow up" 

"And your still the sass queen" Seungcheol laughed and pat his back "Oh why are you not eating?" he asked when he noticed the empty table.

"He left his lunch" Chan answered for him.

"Aigoo. How about this, just to show you that I'm a new person now I'll treat you to lunch!" Seungcheol stood up proudly jerking his thick eyebrows up and down.

Seungkwan wanted to refuse, both out of pride and embarassment, but the next words that came out from Seungcheol's mouth made him nod his head.

"Also, have you seen Hansol? He'll be glad to see you!Come on" Seungcheol pulled Seungkwan out of his seat and to the "cool kids" table.

 

 

~~ A/N BOOOOOO ~~

Another cliff hanger here huehue please don't hate me ^3^ Thank you to those who subscribed and commented.

We are also working on a JiCheol/JeongCheol with Side!VerKwan fic. It's a bit angsty but please anticipate it.

KAMSAAANG ~ ♥