I Woke Up, Even in Dreams Baby

My Only Boo Is You

School of Performing Arts, Seoul; the most prestigious school for everyone who dreamt of becoming a performing artist. Boasting a long list of famous names in the Korean entertainment industry, the school is like honey to a bee to those who wanted their own share of the spotlight. Boo Seungkwan was one of them. He took a deep breath and ran his hands through his bright yellow uniform to smoothen out the creases, as if the action would also smoothen out the nervousness he felt vibrating from his heart through his entire body. He let out the breath he was holding and started walking towards the school.

"Boo, Seungkwan" at the mention of his name, Seungkwan stood up and walked inside the office of the Vice Principal. 

"Ah here you are! The pride of Jeju Island, please take a seat" the Vice Principal gestured him to sit down on the chair in front of his table.

After a brief welcome from the Vice Principal - just a simple congratulations-you-won-the-contest-now-here's-a-scholarship - Seungkwan walked out of the office with his heart on his throat and his schedule on his hands. He still can't believe that he was granted a scholarship here even though it's already his 2nd year in High School. He had dreamt of being admitted into the school since he learned how to sang do-re-mi, and now that he's finally walking through its halls towards its classroom Seungkwan pinched himself just to make sure everything was real. The pinch stung and he assured himself that there will be nothing wrong today.

That was the major "wrong" of the day.

First it took him 30 minutes to find where his classroom was. Second, he realized that he left his packed lunch at home and third, the teacher didn't look so nice as he entered the classroom. 

"First day of the school and you are already late huh?" the teacher asked, one eye brow raised.

"I'm sorry I got lost. It won't happen again" Seungkwan answered politely before lowering himself into a bow. The teacher caught his Jeju accent.

"You must be the transferee from Jeju! I didn't know you don't have a sense of punctuality in that island. Go and find a seat" the teacher grunted at Seungkwan.

Seungkwan settled himself at the farthest chair in the room, next to the window. He sighed to himself and assured himself once again that this was going to be a good day.

Wrong again.

As Seungkwan was getting his notebook and pencil out of his bag, the classroom door opened and in came three students who, even though were already later than him, simply walked in coolly. He waited for his teacher to explode in anger, but he too just took situation coolly. He simply sighed and looked at them with contempt.

"Good morning Mr. Choi" Said the tallest one who was smiling ear to ear.

"We had a long chat with the Vice Principal" said the other one whose voice was impossibly deep for his age.

"It's the first day of school for crying out loud, what trouble did you get into again? And where's the other one?" as if on cue, the classroom door opened once again and Seungkwan's eyes almost popped out of their sockets when he saw who entered. The guy didn't look Korean, probably a foreign exchange student, but this idea was dismissed immediately when he spoke.

"Good morning Mr. Choi! Sorry we're late" he said in fluent Korean. He smiled a dazzling smile before bowing down to his teacher. Mr. Choi dismissed them with a wave of a hand and they went to their seats. Seungkwan was very much annoyed. Who could these people be to receive such treatment? Seungkwan was whispering profanities under his breath when he felt someone moved next to him. 

"Uh. I'll just sit here" he heard the guy who moved to next to him say, but it wasn't directed to him. He was talking to the foreign student with caramel colored locks.

"" the words went out of his mouth before Seungkwan knew it.

"Who? Me?" the guy next to him looked offended. The nameplate he's wearing said Lee Chan.

"No. Not you. Them" he pointed to the trio with his pouted lips.

"Oh no. Don't get me wrong, it's not like they bullied me out of my seat. I offered him mine" Chan flashed a bright smile.

"Why?" 

"Well. I like him. Not in a romantic way no!" Chan shooked his head frantically "It's just like everyone seems to like them, they have visuals and talent, the very image that this school needs." 

"Really? But why did Mr. Choi asked what "trouble" did they get into "again"?" Seungkwan asked, writing imaginary quotation marks on the air.

"The only trouble they always get into is with the girls. They have a huge fanbase here, and cat fights are always bound to happen" Chan said as if it was the most obvious thing on earth.

Seungkwan grunted at that. This was the first thing he hated about the entertainment industry these days. Everything is all about visuals now and talent just comes in second. As a singer he firmly believed that your voice is your main tool, it's your gift to the world, and most of the time this gift was not appreciated just because it wasn't wrapped in a perfect package. He had to admit though, that the trio have outstanding visuals. The tallest guy has perfect facial structures and has an easy smile. His sharp fangs doesn't even make him scary, it just makes him more, desirable. The one with the deep voice though, was a perfect contrast to the taller one's warm persona. He's the cold guy who was gifted with an effortless beauty. But the one that made Seungkwan curious was the foreign boy who have caramel colored hair and honey brown eyes. He looked like he jumped out of the movie screen and went to school just for the heck of it. What made him curious though wasn't his glorious face but a familiar sensation at the back of his mind that he just can't put his finger on. 

"So, who's who?" he asked Chan after a while.

"Hmmm?" 

"Them. Who's who?" he looked at the trio seating in front of them.

"Oh that one is Kim Mingyu" he pointed at the tallest one. "Top of the class believe it or not"

"That cold looking guy next to him is Jeon Wonwoo" he continued, "he only looks cold though but that's just because he's the student council president."

"And that one is Vernon, he's the basketball star" Chan was talking animatedly. He raised his hands as if to shoot an invisible ball into an invisible ring.

"Just Vernon?" Seungkwan asked.

"Well, that's his English name. Cool huh? I want to have one too, like maybe Dino"

Seungkwan interrupted his monologue "So what's his Korean name then?"

"It's ... " 

"Chwe Hansoooooooooool" a group of girls  outside the classroom finished his sentence for him. They giggled aloud and waved at Hansol who didn't pay them any attention.

"Chwe Hansol... hmmm where did I.. WAAAE? HANSOLIIIE?" Seungkwan screamed internally.

 

~~ A/N BOOOOOO ~~

Hi! So this is the first chapter of what I assumed a very long fic. I love to leave strories hanging just so you'll come back for more. hahaha If you don't get what just happened (you probably won't at this point) please come back for the next chapter. It's there haha..


There are two people working in this fic. I am BOOOOOO and VERNONIE who always have prompts and scenarios handy. We'll be happy if you subscribe and/or leave comments. KAMSAAANG!!