Hani: Of Messages and Worries

Thrilling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

A loud, enthusiastic, hyperactive "Good shot!" sounded through the four white walls of the whole set, after a blinding flash illuminated through the room from the camera. "Let's have a 5-minute water break first."

 

Hani sighed quietly after practically risked her flawless legs and ran to her bag in her tall as hell  thin, black stilettos and peach colored sleeveless, knee-length dress only to find out that she didn't get something she had been waiting for since the afternoon. But that quiet sigh didn't go unnoticed by the one who scouted her, their photo editor, Solji.

 

"Heeyeon-ah," she called as she walked over to the model. "Tired already? We just have to finish another set before they can dismiss you. But if you need some time out, we can request to postpone the photoshoot a bit later, if you need to."

 

Solji was about to turn around to call the photographer but Hani immediately caught the older girl's wrist. "Ah, unnie, it's not that!" She admitted, in a more panicky tone than expected. "I'm just--"

 

"Bored?" Solji tried to provide.

 

"No, it's just that--"

 

"Hungry?" A snicker.

 

"I just ate a slice of cake before the shoot began, unnie..!" Hani huffed, as she heard Solji laughing after mocking the shikshin. Ah, she can still recall the sweet taste of the heavenly red velvet cake she received from a fan just outside the building. "Anyway, it wasn't that. It's just that--"

 

"Omo, Heeyeon-ah, are you sick?" This time, it was a worried tone, accompanied by a hand to Hani's forehead. Solji was practically checking her temperature.

 

"Yah, stop cutting me off, unnie!" Hani playfully rolled her eyes at Solji, crossing her arms for a few seconds. But after that, her eyes dreadfully dropped back to the metal, mobile device her hand held. "You know... it's about--"

 

"Ah, is it about our little Park Junghwa?"

 

A frustrated, yet relieved "Yes!" came from Hani's lipstick coated mouth.

 

Finally, Solji got it. If Solji was going to try to cut off Hani, she should at least be sure with what she will be saying. "It's been hours, and she hasn't told me where she is. It's just that I'm starting to get worried."

 

Solji was nodding with a hand to her chin, urging Hani to continue her little rant about her girlfriend. It was quite interesting and entertaining to watch, seeing that Hani even had these excessive hand gestures. "What if she's being mobbed again? Where the hell is Taecyeon-oppa?"

 

"Aigoo, I thought we were talking about Junghwa just now?" Solji smirked teasingly and slightly elbowed the model's ribs, just to annoy her. Which was, well, kind of working. "Why the sudden change of heart?"

 

"No, I only see him as a sunbae in here," Hani scratched the back of her neck. There was honestly something with Taecyeon that makes her head ache when such name is mentioned. "But unnie, do you remember the last time I brought Junghwa with me here? He was literally all over her! And Junghwa was practically entertaining his questions. I'm just worried that Taecyeon's up to something, causing Junghwa to not reply to my messages."

 

"Hmm..." Solji quickly grabbed a translucent pink long folder from a table nearby and flipped open to let her eyes scan pages to find something. "Ah! He took the day-off for the day. He'll shoot for the solo pictorial tomorrow."

 

 

 

And then, a vein in Hani's head popped.

 

 

 

"What?!" Hani's grip on her phone tightened, and it was the very first time Solji saw a fuming Ahn Heeyeon. If Solji was to accurately describe what kind of Heeyeon she was seeing right now, it was like a bomb Heeyeon, about to explode. Probably in anger? Her ears were turning red.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter