Everything

Before That Day Comes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a.n: Thank you so much for the warm responses at the previous chapters. It was the most comment I've ever received in one day. T_T /bowing/ I love you all, include the ninja readers :p

 

I didn’t know when was the first time I started to feel something more for Daesung. The only thing I realized that one year had passed since he joined the club and he got closer to me. Seunghyun Seonbae had become forth year student and should do nothing but his last year project. At the same time, I was elected to become the chairman of the club and became busier than ever.

Going to the café was our habit almost every day; Daesung would read something from the book shelves and I would bring my papers to the café. Sometime, we stayed until nearing the closing time. Even though he was on his last year, Seunghyun Seonbae still joined us at the café, to my displeasure.

He was trying to get Daesung’s attention since the day Daesung said he couldn’t drop the honorifics to him. Without Daesung knowing, Seunghyun Seonbae was slightly mad at me because Daesung did the opposite things to me: he dropped the honorifics between us. But then there was a slight pride in my heart when Daesung decided to be close to me than him.

As usual, Daesung would be the latest one to join us at the café. To guess where he would sit with between us was a silent game for me and Seunghyun Seonbae. It was obvious that he was growing fond of Daesung, but he didn’t have a chance to talk more to Daesung because he practically lived in the library to do his project. Seonbae also told me that every time he sent Daesung texts, he would reply him short, as if he didn’t want to talk to him.

“What topic should I discuss with him, Ji? I think I have brought almost all the topics in this past year, but he always replied me with ‘yes’, ‘no’ and ‘maybe’. If I asked him open questions, I almost one hundred percent sure he won’t reply me.” Seunghyun Seonbae laid his back and stared at the ceiling. “Arrrggghhh! Why is he hard to get to know?”

I only looked at him blankly, but I was screaming happily inside. “Ah, really?” I caressed my chin as if I found the fact interesting.

“Tell me something about him, Ji,” He leaned forward and his eyes looked at me deeply. “Tell me so I could do something personally this year for his birthday.”

Ah, yeah. Daesung’s birthday. “What did you give him last year?”

Seunghyun Seonbae shook his head. “Nothing. Because we had a small party for him, right? At the club. What did you give him?”

“I remembered that he always took Haruki Murakami’s novel when we went here. So, I gave him a novel last year, Seonbae.”

“I see… Anything else? What about his hobby?”

He likes to play game. He likes to read. He likes to watch movie, but not a horror one. Seunghyun Seonbae looked at me; his eyes full of curiosity and he was waiting for my answer. I heaved a sigh. “Ask him personally, Seonbae.”

The brunette man in front of me snickered when my response wasn’t the one he wanted. “You are being mean to me, right?” With intimidating eyes he only used for acting, he asked me. “Do you… Like Daesung?”

I lowered my head, averting his gaze while searching for the answer in my head. Do I? I asked myself. But then, I looked back at him, “Why did you ask that?”

“Because I like Daesung, Ji.”

I gulped upon hearing the answer. “But you said that he’s avoiding you, didn’t you?”

“Yes. From the start. Dammit!” He ruffled his own hair. “I like it more when he is hard to get. It’s exciting, you know.”

“Are you that crazy of him?”

“It’s unusual for me to get crazy over someone, you know that.”

“I know. It’s usually people who get crazy over you…”

 “Right?” He chukled at his own response. “But I only want that particular person looks at me and sits beside me. He always sits beside you!”

“You get to sit beside his bag, Seonbae.” I laughed at him and he frowned a little.

“But he’s lucky to sit beside you, Jiyong-ah. If he sits beside me, I am afraid I can’t help myself to not molesting his body.” He laughed and I could see he was imagining bad things he would do with Daesung. I wanted to hit him so much when I saw his mischievous eyes. “How about we bet about who will Daesung choose to sit with today?”

I laughed maniacally. “Don’t bet at the competition you will obviously lose, Seonbae. He will choose me anyway. It’s been a year and you never got a chance to sit beside him.”

He snickered. “I hate when you’re right, Ji.”

As the man in front of me finished talking, a familiar voice greeted us. “Hello, Seonbae.”

Seunghyun Seonbae and I turned our head to look at him and then we looked at each other. We exchanged look and then he smirked, reminding me of our last conversation. Daesung could only looked at us who didn’t answer his greetings while taking off his bag. Together, we anticipated where Daesung would put his bag.

“Is there something wrong, Seonbae?” Daesung put his bag beside Seunghyun Seonbae and I grinned widely. The older man could only let out a heavy sigh when he knew he lost the bet.

“Nothing, but today meal is on Seunghyun Seonbae again, Daesung-ah.” I said and smirked at Seunghyun Seonbae.

“Really? Is there something to celebrate today?” Daesung asked and positioned himself to sit beside me.

“I won something and Seunghyun Seonbae promised that he will treat us if I won.” I mumbled.

“Wow. How kind of you, Seonbae.” Daesung smiled at him and my heart skipped a beat. Since when Daesung smile at him? He was as cold as stone towards Seunghyun Seonbae and now… Seunghyun Seonbae’s eyes got bigger when he saw Daesung arched up his lips at him.

“It’s nothing. I love to do good deeds anyway,” he giggled.

Good deeds my .

“I see…” Daesung only nodded upon hearing him. “Ah, by the way, Seonbae. I decided to go out from university’s dormitory and I am searching for a cheap apartment. Do any of you have information about cheap apartment?”

“Do you want to live with me, Daesung? My apartment has one unoccupied room and it’s perfect for you.” Seunghyun Seonbae immediately answered him.

“Eiii. Not your apartment, Seonbae. Based on your stories, your apartment must be expensive as hell. I think I couldn’t afford to pay even half of its rent.”

“You can live for free!”

“And b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter