Don't Let Me Go

Before That Day Comes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Mongryong requested to meet Chunhyang and they left together before Pyon and Chunhyang’s wedding day.”

After saying those words, you leaned back without more words slipped through your mouth. A lot of things were mixed and I tried to process your words. What do you mean? Do you want me to steal you from Seunghyun Hyung?

When I was busy with my own mind, all of sudden, you stood up and walked towards the small stage. I could only stare at your back. You talked to the pianist and then he nodded at you, to which you bowed at him. You sat and then looked at me, before you placed your hands on the white and black tuts.

Then I heard familiar clear and smooth notes reverberating inside the café. My breath hitched, my heart skipped a beat. You knew very well that I loved the song that you were playing now. You knew very well that every notes you hit would ring the bells in my head and woke all the sleeping memories I worked hard to hide. Then, you began singing.

 

I love you. Are you listening?
Only you, close your eyes

Your love came scattered with the wind
whenever, wherever you are
 

“…” I mumbled.

**

 

It was the loudest standing ovation I had heard since the first I joined the club. Everyone but the next team congratulated Bogum’s team on their effort to make a musical. Although, there was still one team left to perform musical but the people were ecstatic.

I sighed. This is not fair for the next group. I rolled a bundle of papers in my hands and was about to hit the bundle on the table when Seunghyun Seonbae stood up and screamed through the speaker.

“All of you. Stop! We still have one more team left and please consider them!”

The crowd slowly dispersed after hearing the warning and finally I could look at the team members. I automatically search for Daesung. He was wrecked –ruffled hair, smudged lipstick and torn hanbok. A chuckle escaped from my mouth and Seunghyun Seonbae craned up his head and looked at me who was standing beside him in curiosity.

“What?” I said to him.

“You didn’t even clap your hands at the performance and now you’re chuckling?”

“Well… You can’t help but chuckling when you look at Chunhyang there, Seonbae.”

Daesung walked towards us. He bowed and scratched his head when he saw us looking at his messy states. I fished out a pack of wet tissues and a very small towel from my pocket, then waited for him to greet us.

“Seonbae…” He called us and bowed again.

“You’ve worked hard, Daesung-ah.” I patted his shoulder and gave him the towel and tissues. He furrowed his eyebrows when he looked at the goods I gave to him, but he then received it without any words.

“Thank you, Hyung.” He said.

I nodded. “Go and change your attire, Madam Chunhyang.”

Daesung snickered, but then gave me a wide smile. “Well then, excuse me gentlemen.” He said while lifting the skirt and bowed again. Then he left me to go to the change room.

After a while, I turned my head to see Seunghyun Seonbae. He was tailing Daesung with his eyes, shaking his head and then smiled. But I didn’t like the smile at all. I didn’t like that he smiled with those warm eyes while looking at Daesung. A lump appeared in my throat.

It’s been a while since the last time I saw those pair of warm eyes.

It was a warm gaze he had on his eyes when he looked at someone he was fond of: his older sister, his mom, and me. A warm gaze he had after he ruffled my hair when I needed a consolation. The hair on the back of my neck stood up.

His focus was back to his paper, his hands lifted up the loudspeaker and put it near his mouth. “Are you ready for some competition?”

The team screamed a loud ‘yes’ to him.

 

My mind screamed a loud ‘no’.

**

 

“Nice play, Daesung-ssi.” Seunghyun tapped his shoulder. “It’s been a while since I heard any musical. I appreciate your team’s hard work to find songs that suited the play.”

“Thank you, Seonbae.”

Seunghyun Seonbae took a seat in front of me and Daesung seemed confused to choose between sitting beside me or Seunghyun Seonbae. I crossed my fingers under the table while examining Daesung’s face. He scratch his head again, but his steps were nearing me. My mind screamed happily.

“May I sit here Jiyong Seonbae?”

Of course you can!!! The little voice in my head said loudly, but I only nodded to him. He took out his sling bag and called a waiter. I placed my hand on my left chest and made a circle to calm my heart that was beating faster than before. Why am I being like this?

While busy with my own mind, Daesung placed his hand on my arms. “You said that Seunghyun Seonbae helped you with the play, didn’t you?”

Seunghyun Seonbae moved his head up and down. “Yeah, I did help Jiyong-ie’s team. Why did you ask?”

“Seunghyun Seonbae is one year above you, right? How did he help you with your play?” He turned his head right to face me. I looked at Seunghyun Seonbae; he had this mischievous smile on his face while looking back at me.

I took a deep breath and averted Daesung’s eyes before answering his questions. “We were short of actor. And actually, we were kind of messing with the script. Well, Seonbae’s job was only to run, so at that time the third year let us out of the hook.”

“Hm? Seunghyun Seonbae was Prince Phillip, right?”

“He was.” I sighed. “That time, I was Prince Aurora. Long story short, he kissed me and after I woke up, I tried to him because of the suppressed while I slept and he ran away.”

Daesung’s eyes became bigger and he gasped. Still with an opened mouth, his fore finger alternately pointed at me and Seunghyun Seonbae. I guessed he ran out of words to say and I could only cover my face with my palm in embarrassment. The next thing I heard that he barked quite a loud laugh.

“? OMG you’re the best, Seonbae.” He lifted up his thumbs and showed it to me.

“Really Daesung?” I said to him.

“But I really want to watch your act.” He wept the tears that escaped from the corner of his eyes.

“You can if you want. Just ask Youngbae for the video, Daesung-ssi.” Seunghyun Seonbae pitched in.

“I will.” He bowed to Seunghyun Seonbae and then looked at me. “I can watch it, can’t I, Jiyong Seonbae?”

I snickered and crossed my hands on my chest. “Just do what you want to do, Daesung-ah. I don’t care.”

“Yes you can, Daesung-ah.”

We immediately turned our head to Seunghyun Seonbae. He was taken aback at our sudden change of gaze.

Puzzled, Daesung tilted his head. “I-I’m sorry, Seonbae. What did you just call me?”

“Daesung-ah?” He answered hesitantly. Hearing their conversation, I was trying hard not to show my displeasure when I heard Seunghyun Seonbae called him ‘Daesung-ah’. I calle

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter