Chapter 5

The Omega's Secret
Please log in to read the full chapter

I'm so sorry it took so long to post this chapter, school has been hectic! But I finally got it finished! Woohoo! So without further waiting... please enjoy Chapter 5! 

 

 

 

 

     Hot… It’s HOT! You woke up sweating, panting and gasping for cool air. You wiggled around but you felt a pressure so heavy on top of you, that it made moving difficult. You somehow managed to turn until you were laying on your left side, only to see a familiar brown eye and black fur.

 

     Who is that? you wondered. As you wiggled until you were laying on the opposite side, you peered over a large leg covered in fur. There a tan and gray wolf slept about 50 feet from where you, and the wolf on top of you, were positioned. You shifted to until you were sitting on your belly and crawled –with great difficulty – your way out from under the large mass that seemed to have taken its place on top of you.

 

     When you finally were free of the mass, you heard a shifting and grunting from behind. You looked back to the black wolf, whom you assumed was the man from earlier named ‘Seokjin’. His brows were furrowed and his nose was flared, making his expression look like he was extremely uncomfortable. Though he stirred, he curled up against the tree he was lying beside and after a couple of seconds, fell back asleep.

 

     Finally having been freed of the large wolf’s body heat, you still felt abnormally warm. It was dawn, so the sun was just beginning to come up, but you deducted that the sun wasn’t the reason for the continued heat you felt.

 

     Maybe I’m just thirsty, you thought. I haven’t really drunk anything since I left home. Home… Jungkook… Mom, Dad… I miss you.

 

     By doing the math in your head, you realized that this would be the second day you had been away from home. You wondered what Jungkook was thinking. Was he mad at you? No, he was probably furious. Mom? No doubt about it, she was worried sick. And Dad? He was definitely blaming himself.

 

     When you felt your chest tighten, you shook your head hoping to shake out the thoughts and homesickness with it. Let’s go get something to drink.

 

     You walked over to the spot where you had seen Seokjin drinking at before, making sure to be quiet so you would not wake up the two wolves and dipped your mouth into the cool water. Due to it still being late winter, the water was like ice sliding down your throat so it caused you to shiver. However, you were still extremely hot.

 

     As you were quenching your thirst, you tried to observe your surroundings. You had only been out of your pack’s territory a handful of times (usually taking the main road with your parents) so you knew you were off the beaten path but you didn’t know exactly how far off you were. You had already noticed the river, and as you looked around you saw that across the river there was a small field that turned into a forest after some brush. Behind you there were staggered large trunked trees that also formed into a forest.  However as you turned your head and looked up, you realized that the forest on your side of the river seemed to be at the bottom of a mountain, and three quarters of a mile up the river there was a rock wall that the river ran through which seemed like it could easily be used as a bridge to the other side of the river. 

 

     While you were making your observations, you realized that the adrenaline from the events of the day before had worn off and your whole body surged and ached with pain. The cut on your back hurt, your legs ached, your head was pounding, but as you moved your feet in the soft mud of the riverbank, you felt a pain in your paws that was worse than everything else. Though you knew you were standing in mud, as you shifted your weight from one side to the other, the pain told you otherwise. Instead of mud, it was like you were standing on heated glass shards or a bed of nails.

 

     You just wanted to get your weight off of your paws, and cool the heat that – no matter how long you drank – wouldn’t subside. So in a split second decision, you launched yourself into the river. Now, at about .0003 seconds in the air you thought that jumping into a river right after a big rain storm might not have been the smartest epiphany you had ever concocted. This was proven true when you felt your body hit the rushing water with a force that caused all of the oxygen inside your body to become oxygen outside your body.

 

     You began to panic when you realized that your legs were so sore, they wouldn’t move on their own. You tried to paddle yourself to the river bank, but the current of the river was too strong and you couldn’t find it. You opened your mouth to howl or bark, anything really, but a whine was all that came out before a rush of water found its way lodged in your windpipe.

 

     I can’t believe I’m going to die like this, you thought. As your head sank underwater, you closed your eyes and waited until the inevitable point where your lungs would ache and burn until you finally tried to take another breath, causing more water to pour into your mouth and sealing your fate.

 

     However that feeling never came. Right as you closed your eyes, you felt a strong hand grab the nape of your neck and hoist you up onto the riverbank.

 

     Your coughs and gasps for air caused your lungs to burn and your head to feel dizzy from the lack of oxygen. Through your coughs you could hear a growling and almost yelling coming from the man who seemed to have changed into his human form. When your breath evened out you could finally understand what he was blathering about?

 

     “Are you listening to me?” Seokjin growled as he glared at you, “Were you trying to kill yourself?!”

 

     His question was met with your face of confusion. What does he mean? Try to kill myself? I was hot…

 

     Of course still looking like a wolf and with no voice to even properly whine, growl, or howl, you couldn’t relay your thoughts to him at all. Still he continued with his rant.

 

     “Have you completely lost your mind?!” He yelled. For some reason the sound in his voice made you cower a bit, which was a strange experience to you. It made you extremely uncomfortable. You couldn’t tell if he was somehow forcing you to feel bad, or if – being in wolf form – your omega was feeling guilty for upsetting him.

 

     Is it because I’m shifted? Does that lessen my humanity to where I can fight back? Or is it him?

 

     You felt tears brim your eyes and lowered your head as he continued to glare at you. You wished Mrs. An was there, she would be able to help you understand what was going on. Why you could fight against anyone, but this person made you feel guilty. You missed your mom, you missed her hugs that made you feel like everything was going to be ok. You missed the comfort of having your little brother around, and the safety net that was your father.

 

     Why is he yelling at me? He doesn’t even know what I’ve been through these past couple of days… Wait a second, I’m Do Miyeon. I don’t have to be guilty. I didn’t even do anything wrong! That’s it, if he yells at me one more time, I’

Please log in to read the full chapter