Chapter 1

The Omega's Secret
Please log in to read the full chapter

 “Miyeon… Hello~?! Earth to Do Miyeon!” The shuffle of ballet flats against the wooden floor of the old building couldn’t have been audible. That is, it was inaudible to anyone who didn’t have hearing like a wolf. “I swear! She never listens to me,” the high pitch voice complained.

 

“Cut her some slack, you know how she gets when she’s worried.” The sound of basketball shoes that followed the second voice was a clear contrast to the ballet shoes, and against the wooden floor, it gave a god awful squeaking sound that made you want to scream.

 

You sighed as the squeaks and shuffling began to echo throughout the corridor causing your head to pang as your brain tried - in vain - to isolate the sounds. “I do listen. It doesn’t mean I have to obey.”

 

“That’s right, she still thinks she’s not going to be an omega,” the first voice from behind you teasingly whispers while giggling.

 

You quickly your heels and looked at the two entities, one of which hasn’t seemed to quit following you since you were eleven years old (an inside joke between the two of you), and the other who has been your best friend since you were six. “Why are you guys following me anyways?”

 

“Today’s the day you find out isn’t it?” Your friend, Yomin was poking her index fingers together and looking around at nothing in particular. Trying to avoid eye contact you had guessed.

 

She was wearing her favorite outfit, or one of her favorites. It become hard to keep track of how many ‘favorites’ she had. But it looked cute on her. It was a simple A-line, short sleeve black dress with small white stars on it. She wore a gold bangle and her black ballet flats with it, and her hair was in loose brown curls that flowed over her shoulders and down her back. Simple yet pretty that’s always what Yomin had been, simple and pretty.

 

Of course, they knew you weren’t looking forward to this day. Everyone had known that today was the day Miyeon, daughter of one of the lowly houses would find out her ‘status’.

 

“Omega this, beta that, alpha… whatever!” You ranted to no one in particular with your arms flailing all over the place. “I’ve always hated this kind of mess.”

 

You felt a hand on your shoulder and looked over to your left. Amber had changed from her basketball shoes to her vans tennis shoes because she knew how sensitive your hearing was and you were grateful for that. “I know you hate it, but it won’t change anything. If you’re an alpha, you’ll still have your sensitive and submissive side,”

 

“Even if your submissive side is really hard to find,” Yomin had whispered earning a hard hip bump from Amber.

 

“If you’re an omega,” Amber continued, “you’ll still have that side that will stand up to people who are hurting others and you’ll be a disobedient omega too. And if you’re a beta… well… then we’ll have the same status. It’s nothing to worry about or pay attention too.”

 

Amber was always a contrast to Yomin to the point that it was comical. While Yomin was hyper, Amber was mellow. While Yomin was silly and a little ditzy, Amber was deep and philosophical. This trend continued with their looks as well.

 

Though they were both beautiful in their own way, Yomin was girly and Amber was a tomboy. She much preferred shorts and pants over skirts and dresses. Her outfit was no different. She wore baggy basketball shorts that made her look shorter than she actually was, her hair was cut short in a pixie style, and she wore t-shirt that accentuated her waist (though waist accentuation was probably not what she was thinking of when she had gotten dressed that morning).

 

“I know it’s just…” you sighed as you sat down on a bench with Yomin and Amber squishing you in on either side like a sandwich. “I just don’t want to hear it.” You looked over at Amber with desperation in your eyes, “I really don’t want to do this.”

 

“I know. I know,” she said as she began to rub your back soothingly. Without even thinking about it you laid your head on her shoulder.

 

“You’ll be okay,” Yomin said as she rubbed your hair. “The hard part was over last week. All you have to do now is walk in that room, hear your status, nod your head and run back out here t

Please log in to read the full chapter