Chapter 4

The Omega's Secret
Please log in to read the full chapter

“What do you think you’re doing?” you heard a voice ask from the couch behind you. You turned from the front door and your eyes widened at what you saw.

“Yomin,” you whispered as you scanned the room making sure that everyone else was asleep. Yomin was sitting on the far end of your couch, dressed in tight black jeans, a white button up blouse, and black and white oxford shoes. Her arms were folded across her body and if you didn’t know otherwise, you would expect lasers to be coming out of her eyes.

 

“What are you doing, Miyeon?” she sternly repeated.

 

“Do you know what’s happened?” you quietly asked her and she replied with a quick nod. You kept your voice low to make sure no one in your house woke up. “Everything?” you questioned and were again given a nod in response. “Okay then I don’t have to explain. I’m going to find help.”

 

“You need to stay here,” Yomin quietly growled, you guessed she was trying to compel you – apparently something normal omegas succumbed to – but it wasn’t working.

 

“I can’t. I’m going to go find help,” you repeated as you attempted to open the door but Yomin had jumped up and placed her hand on the door keeping it in place. “Let go Yomin.”

 

“You need to stay here where it’s safe,” Yomin explained.

 

“Safe for who?!” you said rather loudly but then you calmed yourself down. You didn’t hear anyone waking up so you continued. “Will it be safe for me Yomin?” you snapped as you glared at her. “For how long? Until you guys die off one by one trying to protect me? Until I see my dad, Amber, you, even my little brother lying motionless on the floor?! Do you expect me to sit back and do nothing?!”

 

“Miyeon, that’s not gonna happen,” Yomin started, but you cut her off.

 

“They hurt Jungkook!” you choked, you felt tears in your eyes as you tried to say what you were feeling in your heart. “My little brother got scratches and bruises all over him, when we’re not even connected by blood! I’m supposed to be protecting him Yomin! They didn’t even have to take me in when I was little. When the people who birthed me abandoned me… mom and dad were my saviors. But they didn’t ask for this! If they had just left me back in America… then they wouldn’t have to see their son hurt like this. Dad says he’s willing to die for me and I’m supposed to sit back and do nothing?!” By this point you were crying and you felt Yomin’s arm lift off the door and both of her arms came to wrap around your waist.

 

“Okay. I’m sorry, I’m sorry,” she said as she squeezed tighter, “What are you going to do?”

 

“If I can make it past the territory border,” you explained as you pulled back and wiped the tears off your face. “Maybe I can find someone, alphas, anyone to help with Kang. I’ll find someone authority to bring Kang to justice for what he’s done. For what he’s trying to do.”

 

“What if you can’t find that person,” Yomin asks.

 

“Then… I’ll come back by myself,” you whispered.

 

“And do what exactly?” Yomin whispered back asking for clarification.

 

“Give up,” you blurted. “Let him have me.” She looked at you with wide eyes and continued, “I won’t see everyone hurt because of me. I’ll only have to deal with him for a little bit. He’s already old, he’ll die eventually.”

 

“Miyeon…” she sighed and looked up at your determined face. “Fine. You’ll need this.” She said as she tossed a flesh colored wrap at you. “You’ll get jumped if they know you’re the quintessential thing. So wear this so it’s not as obvious.

 

“Where am I supposed to wear this?” you asked looking at the foreign object.

 

“Wrap it around those,” she said pointing to your chest. “They’re a dead giveaway that you’re an omega.”

“I need to hide being an omega?” you asked.

 

“I don’t know,” she shrugged. “It’s just in case you do.”

“Okay thanks,” you said as you tried to open the door but Yomin pushed it shut again.

“They’re out there you know,” she informed, “How are you going to get past them? What’s the plan?”

 

“Well since you’re here now,” you smirked as you reached in your bag. “Put these on,” you ordered as you threw the jacket you had packed at her. You grabbed the bottle you took from Dr. Yixing’s office and popped two suppressants in your mouth almost gagging as you had to swallow them without anything. You figured that if one suppressant would knock out your pheromones, two would kill the smell completely and make you normal, like a human.

 

“This isn’t my style,” she said as she held your pink plaid jacket with fur around the hood between two fingers.

 

“Everything else has been washed. But this hasn’t, it smells like ‘omega’,” you giggled as you dropped the suppressant bottle back in your bag along with the wrap, and tied it back up. “Put it on, go out the front and distract them.”

 

“You’re sacrificing me?!” she complained even though she was still putting on the jacket.

 

“No! I just need five minutes of distraction and then I will blast my pheromones to get them distracted so you can get back in the house. Besides,” you joked, “you’re the strongest alpha I know. Can’t you take care of yourself for five minutes?”

 

With her ego slightly bruised, she scoffed and took her place at the front door.  With her back turned and her hand on the doorknob, you wrapped your arms around her waist. “I love you Yomin.” you whispered as you felt your heart pang in your chest.

 

“Ewwww,” she groaned, “you’re not my type!”

 

“What is your type then,” you mocked.

 

“Obedient,” she giggled, “and maintenance free.”

 

“Whatever,” you chuckled. “Hold your breath, I’m gonna give you some more pheromones.”

 

She took in a gasp of air as you forced some more pheromones on her so that she was oozing ‘omega’. When she finally breathed out, she pulled your hands from around her waist and opened the door. “Come back soon,” she ordered as she closed the door.

 

“Now that one, I’ll obey,” you replied as you made your way to the back door.

 

As you opened the back door you saw a man walking toward the front of the house toward Yomin. You glanced around you and when you saw there was no one left, you slowly walked through your backyard and climbed up the steep incline behind your house. A perk of living in the little house was that it was the closest house to the end of the territory border. After the incline, there was the forest that outlined the territory.

 

As you made it past the first

Please log in to read the full chapter