Them

Deep Down Inside

 

Haemin’s POV

Did I hear him correctly? Did he just said that I was the one who caused him so much misery?

“I beg your pardon?” I said and I saw him stiffen in his seat.

“I…” He said but other that ‘I’ , Nothing came out of his mouth.

The both of us sat there in silence, with him hanging his head down low and with me looking at him. I didn’t know what I should say. I was feeling really pissed off but I have thought of what people had actually said about me. I was quite known in school for being really bad to Eunhyuk. I had actually not hear it until the last time I fought with Eunhyuk and I had overheard what some girls said. I know I am really lucky to have Eunhyuk as my boyfriend. However, there are some habits that die hard. I can’t change them no matter how hard I try. Something I feel like I’m making excuses for myself, but now I know I really have to change.

I was deep in thought till Eunhyuk sighed and broke me out of my thoughts.

“I’m sorry.” He said with his head still hanging low.

“What…” I was about to continue before I thought of speaking to him nicely, so that I would not seem like I’m reprimanding him.

“I understand.” I said, using the nicest tone I could come up with in that moment. After saying it, I saw Eunhyuk’s head shook up and looked at me immediately. His eyes were red, but he wasn’t crying yet. He was holding his tears in, but after looking at me for barely 2 seconds, those tears slide down his face.

“I know why you feel that way about me. It’s just that I….” I was still speaking when he cut me off half way, pulling me up from my seat. HE stuffed all our things into our bags before marching out of the place.

“Where are we going?” I asked, trying my best not to resist from his pull. He didn’t say anything but continued walking till we got to some place more quite and less crowded.

When he stopped, he placed our bags on the bench nearby before sitting on the bench with his face buried deep in his hands. I could see his body shaking badly. Do I scare him so much?

“Eunhyuk, Let…” Before I could speak, he stopped me. I looked at his face from the lightly shining from the street lamp. His face was stained with tears. Seeing him like this just made my heart break. How many times he must have been like this, and it’s all because of me. This is my first time seeing him so upset and seeing him cry to this extend.

“I don’t want….” I couldn’t hear him properly because his words were them muffled with his sobs.

“I can’t hear you, Eunhyuk.” I said.

It was still between us for a few seconds before Eunhyuk pulled me into a hug, sobbing on my shoulder. His body was trembling badly and I could hear his sobs loud and clear. I could feel my heart being torn into pieces now. I hugged him back and his hair gently. I really hope I wouldn’t see him in this state anymore. And it is not because he does it behind my back, but it’s because we no longer have any secrets and we can confront each other outright in each other’s face and tell each other the truth.

“I’m here for you. Shhhh. Don’t cry anymore hyukkie. I’ll always be with you.” I said and I could hear his sobbing die down slowly.

“You’re… not … breaking up…. with… me?” He said slowly between his breath.

“Break up?” I looked at him in confusion. Did I say the word break up without myself realizing? I don’t think I did because that word had never appeared in my head.

“Weren’t you going to break up with me in the restaurant?” He asked as he wiped his hands was with the back of his hands. Seeing him like a lost child, I took out my handkerchief from my back to wiped his face full of tear stains and wiped his nose.

“I wasn’t. I wanted to explain but you kept stopping me from doing so. Is that why you’re so upset?” I asked and he hung his head low yet again.

“Look at me.” I said in a serious tone and he lifted his head up immediately.

“Do not ever hang your head low like his. Be the confident Eunhyuk on the dance floor. Relationship is about give and take. If you keep giving and I keep taking, we might not be able to last long. Let’s change aright Eunhyuk, Both you and I.” I said and he nodded his head with his gummy smile.

“That’s my boy.” I said and lay on his chest. I want us to be together forever.

End of Haemin’s POV

Victoria’s POV

“Look at those 2 lovebirds. They can never be apart.” I said as Nichkhun picked up his bag. AS we walked away with the dance crew.

“Hey! We’re going to celebrate. Want to come?” Lee Joon asked us.

“We have a date. So We’ll not be joining you.” Nichkhun said before interwining our fingers together. Lee Joon looked at us with a somewhat shocked expression before nodding his head and left with the rest of the crew. I could feel my face burning.

“Apparently only I can do this to you.” Nichkhun said as he pinched my cheeks lightly. I looked at him, knowing he was smiling victoriously.

“Where are we going?” I asked, still not yet getting over my blushing stage.

Even though we have been together for sometime and we were good friends before that, whenever I’m with him, I’ll feel like I’m a little girl all over again. To be honest, I had like Nichkhun before I approached him. I didn’t know was it love a first sight. When he walked into the class timidly, greeting everyone in simple Korean, causing the whole class to burst out laughing because of his accent, I didn’t know why but I found him to be really cute. After class, people went to bully him, scolding him with words he don’t understand. I went up to do what I’m supposed to do and stand up for him.

I didn’t know where I got that courage from. But I stood up for him and that was how we became friends. I didn’t want him to feel awkward, knowing that I liked him, so I pretended that I don’t. I was like his brother. I helped him as much as I can and we hung out together a lot. Even more that when I used to hang out with the others.

No one knew my crush for him other than myself. Every day, I would go home and smile to myself like an idiot. Remembering the times we had together. I had always thought we would never be together. However, one day, while we were walking on the streets during winter, it was really cold and I kept rubbing my hands together, trying to produce heat to warm my hands. He took my hand into his and I looked at him in shock. He had a slight blush on his face. I somehow knew what this meant, but I didn’t want to go thinking with my own wild imagination. I tried to pull my hand away, but he held onto it tightly.

“Nichkhun, don’t do this if you don’t mean what your actions say.” I said firmly.

“I like you, Victoria. I want to be with you. And This is what my action is telling you. Please give me a chance.” I was really shocked at his sudden confession He felt the same way for me? I looked at him in utter shock, totally not believing what I just heard.

“What did you say?” I asked, trying to confirm with myself that my ears were definitely playing tricks on me.

“I say I like you. I like the way you smile, te way you laugh. The way you’ll occasionally make me lunch. I want you to myself. I want you to only smile sweetly to me. I don’t want you to look at anyone else.” He said and I know he meant what he said.

I didn’t know why, but I felt my eyes starting to get wet and after that, tears fell out of my eyes.

“Why are you crying? Are you hurt?” He asked, looking all worried.

“I like you too you idiot!” I sobbed and hit his chest slowly with my fist. It was silent for a hile before I heard a soft chuckle. I looked up at him to see Him smiling at me. Being I could ask him anything, He hugged me and lifted me off the ground and twirling around in circles.

“YOU AGREED TO BE MY GIRLFRIEND!” He said as he went in rounds, causing me to squeal a little.

“Let mw Down!” I said and he put me down gently before grabbing hold of my hand firmly.

“Now I grab hold of it, I’ll never let go.” He said before I felt a blush creep up my face.

“Victoria!” I heard my name being called to realize I have actually dazed out.

“Are you alright?” He asked me and I nodded my head. He lead me into a small café by the bustling street and we both took a seat before chatting happily.

“What ere you thinking about just now?” He asked as he took a sip of his coffee.

“Just thinking.” I replied cheekily.

“So now we have secrets huh.” He joked and I shrugged before we burst into laughter.

Sometimes, we are so used to being in the stage of friends, we act more like friends that a pair of couple. The things we do that friends don’t do are like holding hands, hugging, kissing on the cheeks, sending me home.

“Don’t you think Soobin should go out with Minhyuk? It seems like he’s head over heels about her.” I said and he leaned back onto his chair and sipped his drink yet again.

“I don’t know about that. If Soobin doesn’t like him, we can’t do anything. This actually have to rely on feeling. We can’t do much if she only treats him as a friend” Nichkhun said.

We had this discussion for quite some time. Before I yold him something I thought he knew but he didn’t.

“No wonder she likes Donghae.” I said as I took a sip of my drink.

“Soobin likes Donghae?” He exclaimed not so loudly.

“You didn’t know?” I looked at him in shock. I’m somehow screwed. He shook his head and looked at me in disbelief.

“I shouldn’t have said that” I murmured. However, Niichkhun wasn’t looking at me but outside. I looked at where he was staring at and I myself couldn’t believe what I saw. I turned to look at Nichkhun and he looked at me.

“This is not good.” He said and I nodded my head before we looked across the road.

“Do you think we should tell her?” I asked him.

“I don’t think it’s a very wise decision.” He told me before we saw them walking happily with each other, chatting, with her arms around his arms.

“I think they’re dating.” I said and Nichkhun nodded his head.

“Let’s get out of here before they realize we’re here.” Nichkhun said as we grabbed our bags and drinks and left the café to the streets where we would be far from them and they would not notice that we had been staring at them for the past few minutes. As we merge ourselves into the streets of Seoul, I looked at Nichkhun who had a serious expression on his face. We know this is not good but we have no idea how to tackle this problem.

End of Victoria’s POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Who did they see?

It’ll be revealed soon.