Going Out

Deep Down Inside

 

Soobin’s POV

Now it’s gym class and I was looking for my partner. As I guessed, he was sitting at the stands with his head down.

“Hey Partner!” I went to him cheerfully, knowing he won’t be anymore cheerful than me. He just looked at me and gave me a small smile before walking to the court where everyone was gathered.

“What made her so angry again this time?” I asked him as the teacher was not here yet and Haemin was nowhere near us.

“I said I had dance practice today for a dance duet competition. My partner for the competition is Yuri.” He said with a very sad tone.

“Haemin will understand soon. We’ll help you.” I said as he thanked me softly.

I turned to look at Victoria where she gave me a how did it go look. I gave her a thumbs up before I went searching for Haemin with my eyes. I looked the Eunhyuk who had his eyes directed to the corner of the gym where Haemin was with Minhyuk. She was smiling so happily with Him but Minhyuk gave me a face asking me for help. I can’t help him either.

Eunhyuk tore his eyes away from her as he told me he’s going to the rest room. However, from his voice, I could tell it was shaking and tears are going to flow out from his eyes as he did not look at me and he ran away so quickly like the wind.

Uh oh. This is not good.

I looked at Haemin who’s smile disappeared from her face as she saw Eunhyuk running out of the Gym. I followed behind him and saw him running to the emergency staircase at the back of the school. I opened the doors slightly and I heard soft sobbing.

This wasn’t the first time I saw him like this. Always when they fought, Eunhyuk would hide here and cry his heart out. I’m really worried that one day, Eunhyuk might not be able to take it anymore and break it with Haemin. Everyone has their limit but it seems like Eunhyuk’s limit is never ending.

After another 5 minutes, I opened the door and Eunhyuk hurry wiped off the tears from his face.

“No need to hide. I saw everything.” I said and sat beside him, passing him a pack of tissue.

“Sorry. I make you go through this every time we fight.” He said as he blow his nose.

“It’s fine. I want to help the both of you. I know neither of you feel good. “ I said and pat his back. Who would feel good about fighting with their partner?

“But it’s my fault. I know Haemin doesn’t like me to be alone with Yuri. I should give up my space for the competition. I don’t want Haemin to be upset.” He said.

“Eunhyuk, you cannot give up. Go for it. Haemin will understand. She would never hold back a good future for you. She must be confused now herself as well. Give her time, I’ll help you.” I said.

“Thank you Soobin.” He smiled slightly.

“That’s right. Smile. Our signature Gummy smile she loves. Let’s go.” I said and we went back to class together.

The teacher was still nowhere in sight. All of us went to the stand and talked. In the morning, Haemin would not even look at Eunhyuk, but after Eunhyuk and I came back from the staircase, she would cast glances at him, checking if he’s alright.

When gym class was over, all of us went to change back into our uniforms before heading to lunch. Eunhyuk went to lunch with Minhyuk and Nichkhun. Actually, they dragged him away directly after gym class to be exact.

Victoria and I waited for Haemin to come out. However, throughout the time we walked to the cafeteria, she kept looking right and left, as if she was looking for someone.

“If you’re looking for Eunhyuk, he went with Nichkhun and Minhyuk already.” Victoria said and we could actually see Haemin’s expression became sadder.

“If you feel empty without him, why shout at him early in the morning and fight with him?” Victoria said.

“He’s going to dance with Kwon Yuri. How can I be calm about that? He’s dancing with the school Belle.” She exclaimed as she crossed her arms in anger.

“You do know the both of them are the best dancers in school. If you’re making him throw away such a good chance of showing off his talent, you’re really selfish.” I said and she calmed down.

“The whole school knows Lee Eunhyuk is loyal to you. He looks at no one but you. Don’t forget, Yuri is also attached to Yunho who is also a member of the dance club.” Victoria said.

“I guess I’m silly being angry at such things.” She said.

“Eunhyuk will understand.” A voice said from behind and it was none other than Eunhyuk.

She turned around and ran directly into his embrace, crying. Victoria and I hi-fived each other before the 4 of us walked to the cafeteria.

Minhyuk, Nichkhun, Victoria, Haemin, Eunhyuk and I are a clique. We always do things together. Even though Nichkhun and Victoria are a couple, as well as Eunhyuk and Haemin Minhyuk and I had nothing to do with each other. We’re just friends.

When we got a seat, Nichkhun and Minhyuk went to get food and Victoria started her usual talk, again.

“Why don’t you consider Minhyuk? He’s so nice to you. I bet he’s into you.” Victoria said.

“Don’t start again.” I whined.

“Which guy would go get food for a girl who is not his girlfriend you tell me? I always catch him staring at you. He’s always there when you need someone. He doesn’t mind being there for you.” Victoria said.

“You know why I can’t accept him. You know who already took the place in my heart.” I said.

School finally ended and I was about to collapse. Why was school so tiring? I asked myself as I made my way to the bus stop.

“Hey! Soobin!” I heard a voice and it’s none other than Minhyuk.

“Going home?” I asked and he nodded his head.

“Let’s go together.” He smiled as we boarded the bus together.

I got a seat while he stood at the side of the seat. I had always known that Minhyuk had a thing for me. However, I cannot accept him. I know it’s wrong to make use of his feelings for me. However, sometimes, I had no choice but to do it. I might have given him false hopes at sometimes, but he knows. He had always known there’s someone else in my heart and that I cannot accept him.

When we alighted, we both parted our ways there. Minhyuk had wanted to send me home, but I told him to go home and do his homework. We have so much work today. He left reluctantly as I made my way home alone.

While walking, I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. Taking it out, I saw a text from Eunhyuk.

‘Thank you so much for your help once again. If you and Victoria didn’t help me, I guess we’ll not be together now. I really thank the both of you. – Eunhyuk.’

‘You’re welcome. –Soobin’

Haemin really met a good guy. He’s a guy that many girls wanted, but he chose her. She gave him such a hard time but he never left her. The entire school knows that Eunhyuk loves only Haemin. But because of his popularity, many people in school do not like Haemin because of the way she treats him at times. However, they don’t realize the pressure of dating a popular guy in school. You never know when he’ll two time you and dump you one day.

“How’s school today?” Omma asked when I stepped into  the house.

“Usual drama.” I said as I placed my bag on the sofa and walk into the dining room which was connected to the kitchen through a window and a bar top table.

“Haemin fought with Eunhyuk again?” Omma asked.

“The both of them love each other too much that’s why they always fight.” I said.

“I heard from Mrs Lee, Eunhyuk’s mother that both of their families are arranging a marriage for them. Which means that after they graduate from school, they will get married, Both families are very pleased with Haemin and Eunhyuk.” Omma said.

“Really?” I was shocked. This is good news for them. Now they have no need to feel insecure anymore.

Then, the doorbell rang, breaking the conversation between Omma and I. I offered to open the door since Omma was busy cooking.

“I brought your favourite doughnuts!” Donghae exclaimed when he opened the door.

“YAY!” I cheered as I wanted to take from him but he retreated his hand, pointing to his cheeks as I gave him a peck on his cheeks before he gave me the doughnuts.

“Donghae-ah, if you keep pampering her like this, you will not be able to get her off your back for the rest of your life.” Omma said.

“Omma!” I exclaimed as Donghae chuckled.

“I don’t mind her annoying me for the rest of my life.” He ruffled my hair before waving us goodbye, jogging back to his house.

“I wonder how would you live without Donghae.” Omma said as she took the box of doughnuts from me and placed it in the kitchen. I guess I can’t live without him. Ever since I was young, he was always with me. He was like my guardian angel, protecting me from evil.

After dinner, I went back to my room to do my assignments which I neglected till now. Even though it wasn’t much, but it’s better to finish before it gets piled up. I was about to start when my phone buzzed.

‘Let’s hang out tomorrow. – Vic’

‘Where? –Binnie’

‘The mall of course. We can catch a movie as well – Vic’

‘Just the both of us? –Binnie’

‘Of course not. The whole group of us – Vic’

‘Count me in then. –Binnie’

‘Alright! –Vic’

I then had to really finish all my work today since I’m going out tomorrow. Omma always let’s me hang out with my friends whenever I was because she knows I know when to go out and when to do my work. I always do well in school and complete my assignments before going out, so Omma gives me my freedom.

When I was done with my work, it was close to 11pm. I stifled a yawn before going to bed. Tomorrow would be so exciting. I wonder what would we do tomorrow.

“You’re on time today.” Appa said as he looked at me from his papers.

“I don’t want to be late like yesterday, running to school like a mad woman.” I said as I ate my breakfast slowly.

“Good you know about image.” Appa said before going back to his papers.

“So you weren’t late yesterday?” Omma asked.

“Donghae Oppa sent me to school yesterday.” I said before leaving for school.

When I arrived in school, there were only a few people around since most people always appear in school 5 minutes before school starts. I went to my seat to find Victoria and the rest not here yet. I took out my book and read before I felt someone sit beside me. I looked up from my book to see Minhyuk flash me his signature smile that many girls would die for.

Sometimes I really wonder why he doesn’t date anyone. He gets girls drooling over him so very often, but he never looks at them. Even though he is gentle and polite, he would state his stand when it comes to relationships.

“You’re early today.” He smiled.

“I don’t want to come to school perspiring when we’re going out later.” I said. However, he seemed shocked.

“You’re going?” He said as I nodded my head.

“Are you?”

End of Soobin’s POV