Maybe

Deep Down Inside

 

Soobin’s POV

Donghae and I settled down in one of our favourite restaurants near Myeong Dong. We both took the menu, like how normal people would do, as the waiter poured us a glass of water. However, without looking at the menu, both of us know what we wanted.

“I see both of you are back again.” smiled the waitress by the name of Jiyeon. When we were here for the first few times, she was always the one who served us.

After a few times, we got to know her and she got to know us. However, until now she still doesn’t know the real relationship between Donghae Oppa and I.

“It seems like the both of you will have the usual?” she said with a sweet smile.

When I first saw her, I had thought she looked really cool yet scary. However, when she smiled she was really beautiful.

“You and your girlfriend have such a great relationship and you look cute together.” She said before picking up the menu and walking off with our orders.

From the time we talked to her, she had though Donghae Oppa and I were in a relationship. However, whenever she said that, Donghae would smile at her, not denying it. I was always happy when he doesn’t deny it. Does he really not mind, or he’s just being polite?

“So how School coming along? It seems like you’re always hanging around with Minhyuk these days.” Donghae said as he picked up his glass of water and took a sip. I choked on my water when he said that.

“Why do you say that?” I said, coughing a little.

“I saw him walking home yesterday when I was on my way home.” He said.

“It’s just that the group of us went to the movies and after you sent me home, he came to check up on me.” I said, checking to see of any unusual expressions on his face. However, I found none.

“Are you feeling better now?” He asked as his expression changed into a concerned one.

“I’m better now.” I said.

“You shouldn’t have watch since you’re afraid.” He said as he pat my hand lightly.

“I didn’t know it was a horror movie.” I said with my head down but he ruffled my hair.

“Silly girl.” As he flashed me his signature smile.

Soon after, Jiyeon came with our food and we ate as we chat about random things.

“Want to go grab some ice-cream?” Donghae asked as we walked out of the restaurant.

“Baskin Robbins?” I asked and he nodded his head.

“Anything for you.” He smiled before grabbing my hand and put it in his pocket while holding onto mine. I looked at my hand which was in his pocket and smiled.

“Always not listening to me.” He chuckled.

“What did I do now?” I asked, with a smile on my face.

“What did I tell you about gloves?” He said.

“I did not think our lunch would drag on till so late. It’s already evening.” I said and then I realized myself it was evening.

“Oh my. We really took long.” He said, acting like a bimbo. I burst out into laughter straight there,

We joked and played on the way to Baskin robbins where they have my favourite ice creams. After a while of playing, we got tired so we walked quietly, enjoying the people bustling around us.

“They look so good together. We should ask them.” I heard someone say before I felt a tap on my shoulder.

“Hi. We’re now having a couple contest. And the both of you seem to be a couple, Do you guys mind joining the contest?” The lady asked. I was about to decline but Donghae grabbed my hand.

“Sure.” He said, giving his charming smile before we walked to the stage where the people are crowding around.

“Now we found 5 couples, we can start!”

I felt like I was living in some drama, where I was spot on the street, being pulled to join this kind of couple contest.

“Now We will list out questions and you have to write the other person’s favourite. The couple who pass all the rounds will walk home with a prize.” The MC said. I looked around to see the other couples being excited while Donghae Oppa and I just sat there, with him still holding onto my hand.

“We’ll do great.” He said as he squeezed my hand lightly.

“FIRST QUESTION! Name your partner’s favourite food.”

I thought for a while before writing it down. I was a little unsure about my answer. I looked at Donghae and he just smiled at me. The MC walked around asking the couples and confirming the answer and once couple was eliminated.

“One down, four more to go. Next question. Where is the first time you’ve kissed.”

I stunned at the question because we have never kissed. How am I suppose to answer that? I looked at Donghae writing down something on the board. What did he write? We’ve never kissed. Then it came to my mind. That kiss.

I smiled and wrote it on the board. Then the MC walked round again. This time, no one was disqualified.

“Oh it seems like these 4 are strong. Now this question is harder. The first time you’ve held hands.” This time, I easily wrote down the answer. I looked around 2 couples with furrowed brows. And they were disqualified.

“Oh! Last 2 couples. Who will be the winner?”

I looked at the crowd and saw them pointing to Donghae and I while some pointed to the other couple. Donghae smiled at me again and I guess we might win. As long as the question wasn’t too hard.

“This question is for guys only. Name your girlfriend’s wallet colour.”

I looked at the other guy and he seemed really panic as he tried to look into his girlfriend’s bag but the MC blocked his view. Mine was in my backpack but I don’t know if Donghae Oppa knows what colour it is because whenever we are out together, I never had the chance to take out my wallet and I change it so frequently. I guess we’ve lost.

“Times up! Guys please show your answer!”

I could not see Donghae’s answer. I wondered what he wrote.

“Now girls, take out your wallet.” I then opened my backpack, searching for my wallet, but I heard the crowd gasp. I saw the girl taking out a pink wallet but the answer on the board was black.

“I guess you two are disquailified.” The MC said. He then walked over to Donghae.

“Are you confident about your answer?”

“Definitely.”

I then took out my wallet from my back and the crowd Cheered. So Donghae answered correctly?

“Congratulation! Sapphire blue is correct!” The MC announced.

Donghae took my hand and pulled me into a hug.

“Your prize is this pair of couple bracelet, Congratulations! The both of you really love each other a lot.” The MC said and we just smiled.

When we walked away from the crowd, both Donghae and I burst out into laughter.

“So we make a good couple.” He said and I continued laughing it was really funny somehow.

“What are we going to do with this?” I asked after finally stopped laughing.

“Wear it of course. We won it!” He said.

“But it’s for couples.”

“We can treat it that…” my heart skipped a beat. “it’s a sibling thing.”

I was a little disappointed but it was better than nothing. At least now we have something common.

“Oppa, how did you know my wallet colour?” I asked.

“The other day when you went to the movies and I drove you home, I saw you keeping it into your bag after passing money to Victoria. “ He said as he put the bracelet on my hand.

“You remembered?” I asked in shock because it was a glimpse of the moment kind of thing.

“Of course I remembered. It’s my favourite colour.” He smiled as we walked towards Baskin robbins.

The rest of the day was fun. Oppa and I then slowly walked back to his car and we went home.

“I had fun Oppa. Thank you.” I said and waved him goodbye.

“We’ll go out sometime again. I promise.” He said before walking to his house.

When I got home, Omma was watching tv, waiting for me. I told her about my day and the competition and she laughed.

“It’s a pity I gave birth to you so late. If I gave birth to you earlier, maybe you two could get married.” Omma said, patting my leg before walking to the kitchen.

I wonder what if Omma had really given birth to me earlier. Maybe I could really date Donghae Oppa and marry him in the near future. However, now it is impossible.

I went back to my room and took a shower before starting on my revision before going to sleep. I kept thinking about Omma’s comment about Donghae and felt really sad about it. However, I looked at the bracelet on my hand and could not help smiling. Oppa really know s a lot about me. I didn’t know he really notice me that much. Maybe he likes me back too. I thought in my head and couldn’t stop smiling. That cheered me up as I went to bed, thinking about Donghae Oppa till I fell asleep.

The next day, I went to school, practically glowing.

“Wow. Why are you glowing? My eyes hurt.” Victoria teased.

“I’m not glowing. It’s just that I had a good sleep.” I smiled.

“You always have good sleeps. It can’t be the sleep.” Haemin added on.

“It’s Donghae right?” Victoria said with a sly look on her face.

“IT MUST BE! She only smiles so brightly when something good happened between them.” Haemin said before I felt my face getting hotter and both of them giggled in front of me.

“OMO!” Victoria exclaimed suddenly before she grabbed my hand.

“This is totally a couple thing!” Haemin said as she looked at the bracelet on my hand.

“He gave this to you right?” Victoria said.

“We got it from a contest. He didn’t really buy it and give it to me.” I retorted softly.

“Competition? Don’t tell me the one near the Baskin robbins at Myeong Dong?” Haemin said.

“Yeah it was that one.” I said.

“Hyukkie and I walked past it and watched it for a while before we walked away. So Both of you were in it? Wasn’t it a couple contest?!” She said and her voice got louder and louder with each word she says.

“erm… Yeah.” I said awkwardly.

“When were the both of you a couple? How come we don’t know?!” Haemin exclaimed.

“We are not!” I said.

“Then why join a couple contest?” Victoria asked calmly.

“The person asked us and Donghae agreed to join it.” I explained.

“Why were the both of you together in the first place?” Haemin asked a little lost.

“We went out for lunch but we got caught up in talking during lunch that we left the restaurant close to evening.” I said and both of them did a ‘oh-I-see’ expression. The both of them continued to interrogate me till their boyfriends came. Sometimes I really envy them for having such caring boyfriends who match them perfectly well.

Before class started, my phone vibrated, indicating that I have a new message. I pulled it out from my pocket to find a message from Donghae Oppa.

‘My store has new products and I gave them to your Omma for you to try out. I think it would look nice on you. I hope you like them. –Donghae Oppa’

I smiled at the message before Victoria nudged me and mouthed ‘Donghae’ and I nodded my head. She asked me what he texted me. I was about to tell her what it was about but the teacher came in and we postponed our conversation till lunch.

I guess this would be a long day. I can’t wait to go home to try those new clothes!

End of Soobin’s POV