Date

Deep Down Inside

 

Minhyuk’s POV

Oh Damn! I had though Soobin was not going. I told Victoria I might not be able to go. I have to quickly message her before anyone finds out I’m going because Soobin is going. I took out my phone and messaged Victoria straight away telling her I’m going.

“Of course. How can I miss out on all the fun!” I said and she smiled.

“With Haemin and Victoria, nothing would not be fun.” She smiled before going back to her book.

The sun was shining gently through the window, the rays reflecting on Soobin’s face. She was reading the book with much concentration. This scene was such a beautiful scene. I would like to capture it down and keep it forever.

“You might burn her with the way you stare at her.” Someone whispered into my ear, causing me to get a shock. It was Nichkhun. I looked at him and he grinned at me. He knows I like Soobin. I didn’t tell him. He found out on his own. But who can blame him, he’s such a smart guy.

“It’s so awesome you can go!” Victoria exclaimed from behind Nichkhun.

I wanted to say something when the teacher stepped into the class, causing all of us to return to our seats.

End of Minhyuk’s POV

Soobin’s POV

School flew past quickly. It was now 5 minutes before class ended. I looked at Haemin who was literally jumping in her seat. Eunhyuk had to nudge her before she realize she was being too obvious.

When the last bell ended, Haemin packed so fast that when the teach stepped out of the classroom, her table was cleared of all her things and she was ready to go while none of us had even kept our pencils into our pencil box.

“You guys are slow!” She exclaimed as we stepped out of the classroom.

“You’re the one who’s too excited.” Eunhyuk said, receiving a glare from Haemin.

“You make it seem like you’ve never been to the mall in your life.” Nichkhun joked, causing all of us to burst out into laughter.

Nichkhun pulled Minhyuk somewhere while Victoria came walking beside me.

“Are you really not going to give minhyuk a chance?” Victoria asked again.

“Victoria!” I exclaimed as she stopped asking.

However, when we got to the mall, I realize why Victoria had initiated this outing. Haemin held hands with Eunhyuk, while Nichkhun had his hands around Victoria waist. Minhyuk was walking beside me, with a gap between us.

“What movie shall we watch?” Haemin said as we stood in front of the theatre looking at the list of movies.

“I heard Paranormal Activity 3 is awesome!” Victoria said.

“The thing is good too.” Nichkhun said.

“I’m going with Paranormal activity.” Eunhyuk said.

“Paranormal activity!” Haemin exclaimed.

“I’m fine with anything.” Minhyuk said. Everyone then looked at me.

“Paranormal Activity it is.” I said, having totally no idea what is the movie about.

The ingenious Victoria bought for all of us couple seats. I have no choice but to sit with Minhyuk because I cannot possibly make the others be separated from their own partner. I sat in my seat, trying to make myself as comfortable as I can.

When the move started, I stared at the screen, waiting for the movie to start. However, when the movie started, I know something is not right.

End of Soobin’s POV

Soobin sat in her seat, still as a rock, not moving. Minhyuk on the other hand was worried if Soobin might be scared because people have told him this movie was quite a thriller and it was quite scary since there were people in the theatre who screamed during the movie. Minhyuk knows Soobin is someone who could not really handle thriller movies.

Minhyuk looked at her, not knowing what to do since there was no expression on Soobin’s face. The theatre darkened before the film started rolling. Soobin at first closed her eyes, closing one ear before she closed her eyes, peeking every now and then. She then covered her eyes with her hand and peeking from her fingers. When the of the movie came, she opened her eyes and the ghost appeared and gave her a shock, causing her to hide her face in Minhyuk’s chest. She was so scared that she cried.

“It’s ok” Minhyuk her hair.  The movie then slowly came to an end and the lights came on. Victoria was laughing and hitting Nichkhun’s arm while Haemin was clinging onto Eunhyuk’s arm, sobbing softly.

“YAH!”Victoria exclaimed causing Minhyuk to jolt in shock. Soobin lifted her head slowly, showing her face which was stained in tears.

“Are you ok?” Victoria’s expression changed and went to give Soobin a hug.  Soobin hugged her back and the girls went out first.

“I guess our plan worked.” Nichkhun smiled.

“You planned this?” Minhyuk asked in a state of shock.

“Sort of. Victoria planned all of this actually. She knows you really like Soobin so she decided to help you.” Nichkhun shrugged before walking out of the theatre leaving Minhyuk dumbfounded in the theatre.

Soobin’s POV

After the movie, I didn’t feel well. The movie scared the hell out of me and now I only want to go home.

“Are you sure you don’t want me to send you home?” Victoria said.

“it’s ok. Omma will pick me up. You go enjoy yourself don’t make me spoil your fun.” I said and waved her goodbye before she walked away. I was glad she did not press on about wanting to send me home. I waited at the bus stop for Omma to come but after quite some time, Omma still have not came to pick me. I was about to call her when I heard the horn of a car. I was expecting Omma’s car but it wasn’t.

“Come on.”

“Why is it you?” I asked.

“your Mum wanted to pick you but when she was about to get into her car, something cropped up and I was just about to step into my house so I offered to help.”

“Thanks Oppa. I don’t know what to do without you.” I smiled weakly before buckling my seatbelt. However, I heard a knock from the window and saw Victoria.

“Your money.” She said and passed to me.

“You could have done it in school.”

“It’s alright. I saw you still here so I decided to pass it to you.” With that, Victoria ran off and Oppa started driving.

“You look really pale. Are you ok?” He asked.

“I’m fine. It’s just that I just watched a horror movie.” I said. He passed me some sweets, telling me I would feel better if I ate them and so I did.

“Go home and have a good rest. I’ll see you later.” He was about to roll up the window when I asked him where he was going. He just smiled and waved me goodbye before driving off. Where was he going? I wanted to know but it was his private matters anyway.

I walked into the empty house which is all dark. I was quite scared especially after that movie just now.  I the main switch of the house before walking to every corridor and turning on every single light in the house. I took my clothes from my room before heading to the shower, playing music with my phone while I’m at it.

After showering, I walked out of my room, walking slowly whenever I reach a corner. I sat on the couch and the television, never forgetting to turn around once in a while to see if anyone was standing on the steps watching me.

I heard the patter of rain falling on the concrete floor outside the house and on the roof. I kept my eyes fixed on the television, trying to forget the scene at the theatre just now. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door, causing me to jolt up in fright.

“Who is it?” I asked but there was no answer, just constant knocking of the door. I stood up and wore my slippers, walking to the door slowly. When I successfully got to the door, a flash of lighting appeared causing me to open the door without hesitation, not caring who was behind the door.

“Are you alright?” I heard a familiar voice. It was Minhyuk.

“I’m… fine” I said, looking around my house like I was doing something suspicious.

“Someone home?” He asked as I shook my head.

“Seeing you’re alright, I’ll head home now. Have a good rest ok?” He said with a slight smile before turning around wanting to walk off. However, there was so many things running inside my mind, I pulled his hand, causing him to stop amidst his tracks and turn to look at me.

“Can you stay with me till my parents come home?” I asked and he nodded his head without any expression. 

We sat in front of the television, not exchanging any words, but just sat there silently, till Minhyuk’s stomach growled, breaking the silence.

“Are you hungry?” I asked, fighting back to burst out into laughter.

“A little.” He said.

“We can call for delivery since it’s past dinner time already.” I said and picked up the phone.

“What do you want? Jajangmyeon?” I asked and he nodded his head.

I ordered the food before turning back to the television and kept quiet again. In no time, the doorbell rang and our food arrived. We ate with our eyes fixed on the television. I did not know why we were so awkward, but there’s just nothing to talk about.

After dinner, we were still silent. Looking at the clock, it was already close to 10pm. It wasn’t such a good idea to ask him to accompany me any longer since his parents would worry about him.

“Minhyuk-ah, I think you should go home, Ahjumma might be worried. I’m feeling much better now.” I said with a smile.

“You’re sure you’re fine?” He asked and I nodded my head.

“Thank you for accompanying me.” I smiled giving him a hug as he went home.

I guess after having Minhyuk accompany me for these few hours, I was feeling much better and I wasn’t that scared anymore. I washed up and headed to bed, forgetting all that had happened.

The next day was e-learning day so all of us are to stay home and do our homework through the internet.

“Soobin ah! Donghae’s here!” Omma exclaimed as I jotted from my seat, took a look at myself in the mirror before rushing down.

“Oppa! What brings you here?” I asked.

“You forgot? I said if you finished your e-learning work, I’ll bring you out for lunch.” He smiled.

“Oh yeah! I finished! Wait for a moment I’ll go get changed.” I said before rushing to my room, looking for my favourite outfit before putting them on, checking my hair and spraying a light scented perfume before going downstairs.

“Have fun you guys!” Omma waved us goodbye at the door.

“Maybe I should make you my spokesperson for my chain stores. You always look fabulous in my clothes,” Donghae complimented.

“There are o many people who wear your clothes beautifully. Seohyun Unni wears them beautifully too.” I said.

“But my store targets students of your age group. Having you be my spokesperson is better.” He said.

“Omma won’t allow me. I don’t think I can take up such a responsibility too. I’m going to take my college entrance exam soon.” I said with a hint of sadness in my voice. I really want to help Donghae Oppa.

“How can I forget you’re taking your college entrance exam soon? How pabo of me.” He smiled as he drive on.

“Oppa, How come I don’t see Jessica Unni anymore?” I asked and I saw the smile on Donghae Oppa’s face drop slightly.

“She has to go to America to study so she won’t be back for a long time.” He said.

“Jessica Unni is so smart. I hope I can go to America to study too.” I said and he smiled.

“Soobin is so smart that she will be able to finish her degree all the way to her PHD in Korea.” He ruffled my hair before stopping the car.

“We’re here.”

End of Soobin’s POV