Thanks a Latte

Honey Enjoy

            I was in Psychology class, waiting for it start. It was one of those large lecture halls, the seats resembling those of an amphitheater. The desks however, were a little too tiny for my taste.

            It was also the one class that I shared with Oh Sehun.

            And I only noticed this because he always liked to put his feet on my chair, which annoyed the heck out of me. It was worse when he started rocking his foot. That hyperactive . I was still bitter about him barfing on me at the MAMA Party.

            When class ended, I was packing up my stuff when I feel a tap on my shoulder.

            “What do you want?” I barked, knowing it was the himself.

            “We need to talk,” he said.

            “About what?” I asked.

            Sehun got up and started heading out of the classroom. He motioned me to follow. I rolled my eyes and scrambled on after him.

            We were in the clearing now, with him walking about twenty steps ahead of me. The guy walks super fast. “Hey, slow down!” I said.

            Sehun didn’t listen to me as he headed to the Wolf. When I’d caught up to him he was already seated at one of the tables, drinking a latte.

            “Thanks for ordering one for me also,” I said sarcastically as I took a seat across from him. He was an extremely odd guy. “So what am I wasting my time here for again?”

            “Your time is not being wasted.”

            “You didn’t even order me a latte.”

            Sehun smirked. “I told you, I only order drinks for pretty girls.”

            “Well then you’re pretty blind. Or, do you need glasses?”

            “HEY. Watch your mouth.”

            “Then watch yours,” I spat. “You’re wasting my time. I’m outta here.” I got up from my seat and stomped out of the Wolf.

            “H--Hey,” Sehun yelled. “HEY! Wow so you just get mad because I don’t get you drinks?! I told you, I only get drinks for--”

            But it was too late. I was done with his . I didn’t need to waste my precious time talking to a prick like Oh Sehun. I had other things to worry about. Like my Psych quiz.

 

            I got back to Red Velvet around dinnertime after doing some studying in the library. Standing outside the building however, was the prick himself.

            “Stalking me?” I asked.

            “In your dreams.”

            I rolled my eyes and made a move to walk past him when he grabbed onto my arm, stopping me in my tracks. “I know it was you who ordered the spiked drink for Krystal at the party.”

            “What?!” I asked, whirling around to face him. “What makes you say that?”

            “I saw you with my own two eyes.”

            “Saw me do what, huh?”

            Sehun looked annoyed at my stubbornness, but then again I was annoyed by him in general. Why do I have to be so hot-headed? Little did I know that Oh Sehun was pretty hot-headed himself.

            “You were at the bar,” Sehun said. “And you basically seduced the bartender into giving Krystal the spiked drink.”

            “Hey, I did not seduce him!” I claimed. “He was just easy. And the drink was not spiked, it had healthy stuff in it that just makes you take a faster.”

            “AHA! So you admit it! How do you think your little Jongin will feel once he finds out that you were the one who’d sabotaged his girlfriend’s night?” Sehun asked mockingly. “He’d be so disappointed in you, he would never even dream about taking you back.”

            “Not like I want him back,” I claimed.

            “Oh yeah, then what do you want?”

            This guy is good. “Nevermind. You don’t need to know.”

            “But I do know. And I have an idea.”

            I sighed and crossed my arms, wondering what utter Oh Sehun had to say now.

            “You want to get Krystal Jung back for stealing Jongin away from you. I’ll help you.”

            I raised a brow. “Did you and her used to date or something?”

            Sehun’s face turned bitter. “No...not exactly.”

            “What’s that supposed to mean?”

            “No,” Sehun then clarified more clearly. “No, we didn’t date.”

            “Then what happened?”

            “You don’t need to know.”

“Tell me.”

“What happened between you and Jongin then?” Sehun countered.

I looked away. Hmph.

“Exactly.”

“But what makes you think I want to work with you?” I asked. “For all I know, my plans of manipulation and scheming are better off without you.”

“I admit I was impressed when I witnessed your scheme at the Exo party,” Sehun said. “I don’t meet many girls who are true tricksters. But, if you’d even been half as good as me, I wouldn’t have caught you.”

            I wasn’t a fan of criticism. I was too much of a perfectionist to have ever accepted criticism well, even if it was supposed to be constructive.

            “You know,” I said. “I don’t even know you.”

            “Nope. You don’t.”

            “You don’t even know me.”

            “Nope. I don’t.”

            I wasn’t sure what to make of Sehun’s suggestion. Him and I? Work together to take down two of the people who we hated but loved the most? I was so used to working alone, being my own person and being the evil one on my own terms. It had never occurred to me that there could’ve been someone with the same exact intentions as me. Whether I liked it or not, Oh Sehun and I were in the same boat.

            Plus, Jongin would pretty much hate me forever if he found out that I’d been the one who’d caused his girlfriend to go through two straight nights of diarrhea. Perhaps it was smarter if I did comply.

            Even so, I decided to leave Sehun hanging as I said, “I’ll think about it,” before heading up to my dorm room.