Change of Heart

Friends or More?

"Hyung, are you ok? You look sick.." The worried tone in Youngjae's gentle voice gave Mark a bittersweet taste in his mouth.

 
"Oh, I'm fine. I just haven't been getting much sleep lately I guess." The blonde poked his food around the tray with his chopsticks, unable to find his will to eat. Suddenly every food in the world became unappetizing; even the mere thought of Mark's favorite dish at his favorite Korean barbecue restaurant gave him an uneasy feeling in his stomach.
 
"Is this because of finals coming up?" Jaebum chimed in, popping a clump of rice into his mouth directly after speaking that was obviously too much for his mouth to hold. Mark didn't miss the way Youngjae let out a quiet laugh at this.
 
Just as Mark opened his mouth to speak, Jackson slid onto the bench across from the older with a tray packed high with food. Jinyoung came soon after, quietly sitting beside his boyfriend and strategically avoiding eye contact with Mark (despite being practically right in front of him).
 
"So what're we talking about, huh?" Jackson inquired loudly, reaching for his chopsticks and immediately digging into his tray.
 
"Finals." Youngjae whines, making an exaggerated pained expression.
 
"Ew." Jackson recoiled between bites. "When are those again?"
 
"My first one is tomorrow. Don't tell me you haven't even studied, Jackson." Jaebum frowned.
 
"I have! Not formally or anything, but I've been going over a few topics in my head recently."
 
Youngjae burst out laughing, a trademark the younger boy was widely known for. "That's not studying!"
 
"It is!" Jackson insisted, sticking a chunk of chicken into his mouth.
 
"It isn't!" Youngjae argued, still laughing joyfully. "Right JB-hyung?"
 
Jaebum looked up from his food to Youngjae with a smile, then glanced at Jackson. "It isn't, idiot."
 
"Yaaa, I really don't like it when couples gang up on me."
 
Jaebum and Youngjae turned significantly red, both visibly fumbling with their chopsticks from embarrassment. "Hey, how many times do I have to tell you? We're not a couple." Jaebum cleared his throat, unable to look up from his tray as he spoke. Mark noticed Youngjae glance at his crush with an longing expression before quickly catching himself and taking a drink of water. 
 
But this barely caught Mark's attention. The blonde deeply cared about his friend and his love life, but Mark was unable to free himself from the insidious tension growing between Jinyoung and himself from across the table. Neither of them had said a single word to one another since that night a few days ago, both making an unspoken pact to leave the problem unresolved. As if that would benefit anyone.
 
If their friends noticed the tension, they didn't say anything about it. Halfway through eating Jackson moved his free hand to hold onto Jinyoung's that had been resting on the table. As if this was something that shouldn't have been done without permission, Jinyoung instinctively glanced up at Mark. The blond was flustered upon finally being acknowledged and quickly turned his gaze away. 
 
His heart hurt. Each section of it squeezed at different times incessantly, making Mark wonder if he needed some type of pacemaker. More importantly, however, his head hurt. Mark hadn't been able to avoid thinking about Jinyoung since that night, and he still hadn't managed to come up with any type of conclusion. Every time he thought he was getting somewhere, he thought of something else that confused him. 
 
Over all else, Mark was mainly just disappointed with himself. He couldn't stop playing back the harmful words he regretfully spat at Jinyoung without thinking properly beforehand. As much as he wanted to take those cruel words back, he knew he was unable to, and that's what hurt the most.
 
He watched as Jinyoung gently squeezed Jackson's hand, sending a gentle smile in his direction. That hit Mark hard.
 
"Do you want to come over tonight?" Jinyoung asked softly, not wanting his friends to hear but not particularly caring if they could.
 
"Of course." Jackson smiled and leaned in to place a loving kiss on Jinyoung's forehead.
 
Then it was all clear to Mark: if the person he loved kissed his forehead like that, he wouldn't be able to leave them either.
 
---
 
Mark laid on his bed in the dark dorm room with textbooks scattered all about him messily, but the blond certainly wasn't studying. How could he when all he could think about was Jinyoung?
 
A single source of light came from Mark's phone screen as he held it up close to his face, illuminating his features with a bluish glow. He was staring at Jinyoung's contact.
 
What are you gonna do, call him and apologize? Tell him you didn't mean what you said and that you want to be there for him however he needs you? Idiot, he's with Jackson right now. No reason for me to intervene.
 
"Jesus, hyung. At least turn a light on if you wanna trick people into thinking you're actually studying."
 
Mark sat up, his gaze fixated on the large figure closing the door behind him and reaching for the light switch. The blond was temporarily blinded as the lights came on, bring a hand up to rub his mildly stinging eyes. "I didn't even hear you come in."
 
"Maybe because you're too preoccupied worrying about silly little things that are easily fixable if you just put some effort into it." Yugyeom set his bag down on a chair as he bent over to untie his shoes.
 
"Nothing's easily fixable."
 
"That's a lie and you know it." Yugyeom sighed. "Why don't you just go over to his dorm and apologize face to face instead of staring longing  at his contact on your phone."
 
"He's with Jackson."
 
"No he isn't. Jackson was at practice with us."
 
"...." Jinyoung was stood up again, and Mark couldn't help imagining how hurt and alone Jinyoung must have been feeling at that very moment. It was enough motivation to get him out of bed and down the hall in seconds. 
 
He hurried down the stairs, too impatient to wait for the elevator. When he reached the bottom floor, Mark immediately dashed into the cold rain outside. His feet moved on their own, running through the campus to Jinyoung's dorm building with a surprising new sense of determination.
 
Jinyoung needs me.
 
Mark repeated it dozens of times in his head like a mantra as he hurried into the building and up the stairs to the 3rd floor. He ignored the judgmental looks shot in his direction as he ran by, only able to stop and catch his breath when he reached Jinyoung's door. He rapped on the door erratically, similar to the uneven beat of his heart, and panted impatiently as he leaned against the door frame. He was running a hand through his rain-soaked hair when the door slowly swung open.
 
The male inside was caught off guard by the sight in front of him. Not only was a boy who was dripping wet and panting knocking feverishly at his door, but the boy just happened to be the one person he didn't expect to come to him first. 
 
"J-Jinyoung," Mark panted breathlessly, "c-can we talk?"
 
The blond was desperate; that much was obvious. But just the sight of Mark made Jinyoung remember everything that happened a few nights ago. He was still hurt by what the older had said, but seeing Mark drenched in rain water in front of his dorm tugged at his heart in a way he couldn't quite explain. Without really even thinking fully, Jinyoung reached for Mark's wrist and gently tugged him inside. After closing the door behind them, the younger left Mark in the main room while he hurried into his own room. When he returned, he had a towel and some clothes for Mark to change into. 
 
"You'll catch a cold.." Jinyoung mumbled.
 
Mark reluctantly accepted the clothing and towel, his stomach fluttering strangely in the mere presence of his crush. The atmosphere was still tense, but Mark couldn't help but swoon a bit by just being close to Jinyoung. "T-thanks.."
 
Mark walked into the bathroom and quickly shut the door behind him. After drying his hair off and slipping into Jinyoung's clothes, Mark found himself staring at his reflection in the mirror. He looked like a mess. Not only had he not been getting any sleep, but he also was practically shaking with an odd mixture of nerves and determination. Mark took a second or two to gather himself before taking a deep breath and returning to being in Jinyoung's company. The other boy was sitting on the couch fiddling with the hem of his shirt. When Mark walked out of the bathroom, his eyes shot up and the two locked gazes, both deciding to bravely not look away. When the blond came closer to sit beside the other, he noticed how red Jinyoung's eyes were.
 
He's been crying.
 
"Um," Mark began after taking a seat on the couch, "first I'd like to apologize. I-I know it's pathetic of me to wait so long before apologizing, but I guess that's just the coward I am, haha." He laughed awkwardly and bit his lip. "I just really want to say that I'm sorry for those awful words I said to you the other night. It was unfair of me to say those things, and I want you to know that I didn't mean them. I said them without thinking."
 
Mark evaluated Jinyoung's reactions as he spoke. He seemed a bit surprised, but he was listening thoughtfully to what Mark had to say.
 
"Listen, I've been really selfish lately. I haven't been taking your feelings into account. You've been struggling and I haven't been a good friend. B-but I'm going to change that. I am always here for you, Jinyoungie. Whatever you need from me, I'll be happy to give to you without my selfish motives." Mark took the younger's hand. "I want to help in any way possible."
 
"T-thank you, hyung.." Jinyoung stuttered, tears threatening to spill from his eyes as he reached his arms out to Mark. He held on tightly to the older, not wanting to let go. Mark reciprocated the hug by pulling Jinyoung closer and leaning backwards so they were laying back on the couch. "B-because I really need you right now."
 
"I'm here, Jinyoungie." That sent the brunette over the edge. He cried into Mark's shoulder, his arms tightly holding onto the other.
 
"I-I just d-don't wanna lose h-him!" Jinyoung sobbed, his whole body shaking. Thank god he wasn't alone anymore because there was no way he could handle all of these emotions on his own any longer.
 
"I-I know. I know, Jinyoungie. It's ok.." Mark brought a hand up to lovingly run his fingers through the younger's hair. The action seemed to calm Jinyoung a bit, because his sobs started to become quieter and quieter. 
 
"I-I don't wanna lose anybody..." Jinyoung's flow of tears slowed down and he found himself snuggling closer to Mark's side. "Including you."
 
"You'll never lose me."
 
"I was so scared I had lost you.."
 
A sharp pain manifested in Mark's chest at the weakness displayed in Jinyoung's tone. He continued to his brunette hair as he let his gaze meet the other's. "I'm so sorry, Jinyoungie." Without even thinking, Mark leaned closer and placed a gentle, loving kiss on the younger's forehead.
 
And Jinyoung couldn't understand why he liked that kiss better than the one Jackson had given him.
 
---
 
The next time it happened, Jinyoung didn't waste any time going to Mark's side.
 
"What's the matter Jinyoungie?" Mark frowned when he saw the younger outside his dorm room door. His gaze was downcast and Mark noticed him fiddling his fingers together awkwardly.
 
"C-can I come in?"
 
"Of course." Mark gave Jinyoung a warm smile when he finally lifted his gaze toward him which he then quickly averted.
 
"Who's at the door, hyung?" A voice called from inside the dorm, coming closer as a figure appeared beside Mark. "Oh, hey Jinyoung-hyung"
 
Jinyoung gave Yugyeom a nod as the oldest of the three opened the door to let Jinyoung in.
 
"Uh, I think I'll be heading to the library. My biology final is tomorrow." The youngest laughed awkwardly, quickly grabbing his backpack and walking out of the already opened door. Both males inside the dorm stared as the door swung closed, Mark inwardly thanking his roommate for respecting Jinyoung's privacy.
 
With Yugyeom gone, Jinyoung felt significantly less stiff. "Come here." He heard Mark's gentle tone and quickly found himself in his arms, tears threatening to stain the older's shirt. He felt lips press soothingly into the top of his head and it immediately calmed him down, the younger easily relaxing into Mark's embrace.
 
"H-he's been ignoring my texts.."
 
Mark listened, something his friends had told him he was good at. He listened as the younger went on about Jackson's lack of attention. Each word cut into the blond and worsened his image of Jinyoung's boyfriend. Jackson didn't deserve someone as good as the person he had, but Mark knew it wasn't easy for Jinyoung to just leave his long term boyfriend's side.
 
Jinyoung went on and on about Jackson's neglect until he touched on a subject he obviously felt hesitant of telling Mark about.
 
"I'm the only one who initiates anything anymore."
 
"Like what?" Mark asked, playing with Jinyoung's hair absentmindedly as they laid on the couch together.
 
"L-like kissing, or..." The brunette paused, a small blush coloring his cheeks. "W-well...we haven't don't it in a long time..."
 
"O-oh." Mark flushed, his fingers temporarily going still in Jinyoung's hair. A somewhat awkward silence followed, making Mark squirm uncomfortably in his current position with Jinyoung clinging to his side. Wanting to end the extensive silence filling the room, Mark finally spoke, "D-do you want to do it? Or-"
 
"Of course I want to do it, Mark-hyung." Jinyoung laughed, making the older gaze at him incredulously. "I'm a hormonal college male, just like everyone else. I just don't know why Jackson doesn't feel the same way.."
 
"R-right..."
 
There was another pause, "Do you...d-do you think Jackson and that kid are more than just friends?" Jinyoung's voice came out soft, his grip instinctively tightening around the fabric of Mark's shirt.
 
Mark would find it hard to believe Jackson not being more than just friends with that Bambam guy, but how could he say that to Jinyoung. "I-I think they're definitely close-"
 
"Don't tiptoe around the question, Mark-hyung." The younger's voice was firmer this time, catching Mark slightly off guard. "Just tell me what you think about them.."
 
Tiptoeing around the question? "W-well.." Mark tried to search for the right words. He couldn't tell Jinyoung everything he thought about those two; he surely wouldn't take it well. "If you wanna know what I think, it's that Jackson is a complete scumbag." Mark risked glancing to his side where Jinyoung was laying. He didn't look that surprised which gave Mark an 'all clear' to continue. "He's dragging you and your feelings on the ground behind him while he lives the fickle life of a college junior. You're not supposed to do that to someone you truly care about." Mark saw something almost vulnerable flash through Jinyoung's eyes and quickly added, "I-I would never do that to you.."
 
Upon seeing the deep blush creeping onto Jinyoung's face, Mark realized he said something he probably shouldn't have. The redness of his own face must have mirrored Jinyoung's and he quickly retracted his gaze. 
 
More silence ensued. The ticking of a nearby clock droned on incessantly in the background, subconsciously reminding the two of their nonrenewable time they've spent with each other. The only other sounds that were heard where those of footsteps back and forth outside of Mark's dorm, belonging to other students leaving or returning to their own rooms. It was a text message notification coming from Jinyoung's phone that broke the consistency of the silent air.
 
The brunette reached into his pocket to retrieve his phone, glancing down at the screen with almost a reluctance. Mark watched as casually as possible as the younger sighed quietly and returned his phone to its previous abode.
 
"Who was it?" Mark asked, his fingers  automatically finding their way into Jinyoung's black locks again.
 
"Jackson." He answered in monotone, his gaze fixated on Mark's chest where his own fingers danced subtly.
 
Mark swallowed. "What did he have to say?"
 
"He wants to take me to dinner."
 
Mark felt his throat tighten, struggling to repress his inner anxiety of being ditched for Jackson once again. "W-well-"
 
"I'm not going."
 
"Huh?"
 
"I'm not going." Jinyoung repeated, his gaze finding the blond's. "I wanna stay with you."
 
Mark felt a million flowers bloom within his chest, pollen tickling his insides in all the right ways. He found it immensely difficult to hold down his smile, but he tried his best to by biting his bottom lip cautiously. "I-I want to stay with you too..."
 
Mark could no longer keep his grin in check when he saw the corners of Jinyoung's mouth shoot up in a dazzling smile. The older was temporarily blinded and for a moment he wondered how he happened to get so lucky to be best friends with someone so beautiful.
 
---
 
"Finals are officially over! Hallelujah everyone and God bless!" Jackson hollered joyfully as he burst through the doors of the library, earning vicious looks from many and a chorus of "shhh!"'s from others. It was quite an entrance. Unbothered, the male bounded over to his friends' table with a bounce in his step and plopped down beside his boyfriend, cuddling into his side. Mark frowned at that, turning his gaze instead to Jaebum and Youngjae who sat across from him. "What are we doing in the library anyway? It's not like we need to study anymore or anything."
 
"No, but I thought it would be a good place to meet since this has basically been our go-to meeting place all year." Jaebum glanced at Jackson. "Despite the countless times you've almost gotten us kicked out of here."
 
"So why'd you wanna meet us all, JB-hyung?" Youngjae asked after he finished laughing over Jackson's feigned innocent look.
 
"I wanted to tell you guys about a party I'm throwing tomorrow night to celebrate exams being over."
 
Jaebum's end of the year parties were always a huge hit. Somehow, he always managed to convince one of his friends who lived nearby campus to offer their house. There was always a large turnout, but somehow they also managed not to be too rowdy.
 
"Aaand I'm assuming you're telling us about this because you want us to help set up, right?" Jinyoung asked, rolling his eyes.
 
"Bingo! You've always been a bright one, Jinyoung." Jaebum grinned.
 
"As bright as your sunshine over there?" Jackson asked cheekily, pointing to Youngjae.
 
Jaebum flushed slightly, "Of course not." He muttered before quickly clearing his throat and explaining to the others what he needed from them, but not before noticing the satisfied smile form on Youngjae's lips. "Mark, you're on cup duty. Jinyoung, you're in charge of decorating. Jackson, I need you to get some beer. Don't go crazy, my friend already bought most of the alcohol. And Youngjae," he turned his head to face him, "I need your help getting snacks and picking out music."
 
Youngjae smiled and nodded and Mark shot Jaebum a knowing grin, causing the slightly younger male's ears to redden. 
 
---
 
Mark wasn't a big drinker.
 
Two hours had passed since Jaebum's party officially started and the blond had barely taken 3 sips out of his solo cup. If he was being honest, he wasn't a big party person either, but he came because Jaebum's were actually somewhat fun. Mark found himself caught up in a game of charades with Yugyeom, Youngjae, and some other kids whose faces he recognized but was never quite able to remember their names. The music was loud and the room they were in was fairly crowded, so Mark and the others had to shout answers in order to be heard.
 
"Ya Yugyeom, don't mouth words!" Mark reprimanded, frowning at the younger.
 
"I wasn't mouthing!"
 
"Don't talk back to your hyung!" Mark grinned and Youngjae burst into a fit of giggles. The sound seemed to attract something, or someone.
 
"Youngjae?"
 
Said male came down from his high of laughing and turned toward the source of the voice, immediately smiling upon seeing who it was. "Oh hey JB-hyung! Wanna play charades with us?"
 
"Ah, no thanks. I just noticed you didn't have a drink so I brought you one.." Mark watched with a grin as Youngjae looked down to the cup Jaebum was holding.
 
"Oh, thanks hyung!" The younger beamed, taking the drink and bringing it up to his lips to take a sip.
 
Jaebum smiled, "how're you liking the party so far?"
 
"It's fun! Mark-hyung and I have been playing all sorts of games."
 
"Ah, I see." Jaebum nodded with a smile, glancing in Mark's direction. The blond raised his eyebrows and Jaebum cleared his throat. "W-well I'll let you guys get back to your charades, then."
 
"O-oh, okay." Mark noticed the slightly disappointed look that came across Youngjae's expression for a split second, but Jaebum hadn't seemed to as he gave the younger one last smile before turning and walking back into the crowd. 
 
Mark sighed, glancing back at Yugyeom who was frantically making emphasized motions with his arms as the other colleges students shouted random guesses at the younger. Sending a gaze in the direction Jaebum had just went, Mark leaned closer to Youngjae so he'd be able to hear him. "I'll be right back, I'm gonna...refill my cup."
 
The blond his heel despite Youngjae's confused expression due to Mark's cup already being full and walked through the crowd. He finally found Jaebum by the snack table after navigating for some time, the endless amounts of people definitely not making things easy for Mark. He made his way toward him, tapping him on the shoulder as he set down his mostly-full cup on the table. Jaebum turned, surprised to find Mark staring at him with a somewhat annoyed gaze.
 
"You're pitiful, you know that?"
 
Jaebum sure wasn't expecting that. "Huh?"
 
"Youngjae." The older rolled his eyes. "Why don't you just come out and say it once and for all?" 
 
"Say what?" Jaebum asked innocently as he grabbed a few pretzels and popped them in his mouth.
 
"Don't play dumb, Jaebum." Mark sighed, grabbing some pretzels for himself as well.
 
"I don't know what you're talking about, Mark."
 
"You like him. He likes you. What's so hard about that? It's painful watching you two being so oblivious." Mark wasn't one to call out things that annoyed him like that, but Jaebum and Youngjae had been dancing around their feelings for each other far too long to just sit back and watch any longer.
 
"You don't know that he likes m-"
 
"Trust me, I know." Mark stressed. "He's waiting for you to make the first move. Now's the perfect time, I suggest you take advantage of it."
 
Before Jaebum could respond Mark had already weaved back into the crowd, his forgotten beer left sitting on the table. As he squeezed through whatever openings he could find, he noticed someone walk through the front door.
 
"Jinyoungie?"
 
The addressed male looked up, immediately locking gazes with Mark and replacing his neutral expression with that of a happy one. "Hyung! I haven't seen you all night."
 
"What were you doing outside?" The blond asked, watching as Jinyoung ran a hand through his hair and made his way closer to him.
 
"Oh, just getting some fresh air."
 
Mark nodded, glancing around the densely populated room. He wanted to ask where Jackson was, but he didn't wanna risk it. But he didn't have to worry much about that because Jinyoung seemed to read his mind.
 
"Jackson ditched me." He gave the blond a bitter smile, crossing his arms close to himself.
 
Mark frowned, "I'm sorry, Jinyoungie." The younger shrugged, averting his gaze with a sigh.
 
"It's ok. I have you now, anyways."
 
Mark tried to ignore his racing heartbeat at those words.
 
"Where are the others?" Jinyoung asked, leaning against the wall they were currently beside.
 
"I was just talking with Jaebum. I think I convinced him to finally confess to Youngjae."
 
"Really?" Jinyoung raised his eyebrows with a smile.
 
"I hope so. I kinda left before he could answer me, but I thought I sounded pretty thorough."
 
"I'm sure you did. It's about time they did something about their feelings for each other."
 
Mark nodded, leaning against the wall next to Jinyoung. There was a short, comfortable silence between them.
 
"This party's a little noisy, isn't it?" The brunette laughed softly, observing the not-so-sober guests dancing and playing all sorts of drinking games throughout the room. 
 
"Do you wanna maybe go somewhere quieter?" Mark asked hesitantly. The blond was aware of how little the two of them talked compared to the rest of their friends, and Mark knew for a fact that Jinyoung also wasn't much of a party animal. 
 
The younger looked at the male beside him and nodded, "Sure."
 
Mark bit his lip and reached for Jinyoung's hand, taking it in his own and leading him through the crowd. The blond tried to ignore the butterflies he felt at his own actions and convinced himself he did it only because he didn't want to lose the younger within the masses of people.
 
Mark tried to avoid doors that looked like entrances to bedrooms, fearing they were most likely occupied by drunk couples, and settled for a door to what looked like it led to a balcony. As soon as he opened it, however, he immediately regretted it. Upon seeing who had already discovered the balcony, Mark quickly shut the door before Jinyoung could see anything. The older held tightly onto Jinyoung's hand and led him down the hall again, ignoring the brunette's questioning and attempting another door. Surprisingly, this room was empty. Mark closed the door behind them and made his way to the bed, sitting down with a sigh. Jinyoung followed suit.
 
"Hyung?"
 
"The balcony was occupied, sorry." Mark gave Jinyoung a halfhearted smile, who only answered with a frown.
 
"It was Jackson and Bambam, wasn't it?" The question caught Mark off guard, causing him to bite his lip nervously. He didn't know how Jinyoung would react, but he couldn't simply lie to the younger. When Mark nodded, Jinyoung sighed. "I knew it..."
 
Mark noticed he and Jinyoung were still holding hands when he felt the younger squeeze his gently. The blond gazed at the male beside him, watching to see how he would deal with the whole situation. To say he was surprised to find Jinyoung no where near close to tears would be an understatement.
 
"Figures, huh?" Jinyoung gave a bittersweet chuckle, shrugging as he glanced at Mark.
 
"What are you going to do?" The older asked quietly, reaching his other hand to the back of Jinyoung's.
 
"Break up with him?" Jinyoung suggested, his gaze fixated on something in front of him. Mark's chest tightened at his words.
 
"You're really brave, Jinyoung.."
 
The brunette laughed, gazing back at Mark. "Don't be silly, hyung. Putting this off all this time is the opposite of brave."
 
"But you love him, Jinyoung. Breaking up with someone you love is brave, no matter the circumstance."
 
Jinyoung paused, glancing down at the carpeted floor. "I don't think I love him anymore." Mark perked up at this, his gaze fixated on the male beside him. "I think...I think I was just scared of losing him." He paused again. "I've been thinking about it a lot. I don't really know what took me so long to figure it out, but it's pointless sitting around and letting him hurt me. I know the others will support me, especially you. It's better this way, he can have who he wants and so can I."
 
"You can have who you want?"
 
"What-what I want! I-I meant I can have what I want." Jinyoung looked flustered, only causing Mark's heartbeat to quicken.
 
"A-ah, I see.." Mark swallowed, suddenly feeling nervous and feeling over aware of their intwined hands now.
 
Another silence surrounded the two, one that seemed to happen frequently while in each other's presence. Some where awkward, some were comfortable. This one was awkward, that is until Mark felt Jinyoung rest his head against his shoulder. The atmosphere immediately turned comfortable once again excluding Mark's erratic heartbeat. 
 
"Thank you, hyung. For everything. I'm really sorry for...you know, t-taking advantage of your kindness and everything.. Y-you know how much you mean to me, right?" Mark blushed, hoping the younger couldn't feel his ridiculous pulse. "You mean so much to me Mark. M-maybe even more than Jackson." Jinyoung quickly went silent, seemingly embarrassed by the words he had just spoken. Mark couldn't blame him; he was also embarrassed. Warmth was radiating throughout his body. Surely Jinyoung could feel the heat coming off the surface of his skin? "W-we'll see..."
 
Mark wasn't entirely sure what the younger was trying to say, but that didn't stop the cocoons from hatching in his stomach. "D-don't apologize. I'm just happy to be by your side."
 
"N-never let go of me, Mark hyung."
 
"Never."
 
---
 
A/n: fluffff~~~~ since you guys are always waiting so patiently for updates, I thought it'd treat you all by giving you some much anticipated fluff. <3