For Some Reason

Friends or More?
Mark chewed at the tip of his pen nervously, wracking his brain for an answer that clearly wasn't there as he stared blankly at the test in front of him. After staring at the same question for what seemed like forever, the blonde sighed and moved on. He encountered the same problem, however, for almost every following question.
 
Feeling regret for choosing to play video games in his dorm the previous night instead of studying for the test, Mark hesitantly handed his paper in. His frustration only doubled when he saw the confident looks both Jaebum and Youngjae sported as they finished up their own tests.
 
"I bombed that test," Mark admitted to Jaebum and Youngjae when the class had ended.
 
"Really? It was pretty easy for me." Youngjae said nonchalantly, earning himself a soft jab in the ribs from JB.
 
"It was hard. The only reason I think I passed is because Youngjae and I spent practically all of yesterday studying." Jaebum explained. 
 
"Yeah, I didn't study..." Mark mumbled, feeling a little embarrassed.
 
"It's okay hyung!" Youngjae gave the blonde a pat on the back, "it's just one test, what difference will it make?"
 
Mark tried to convince himself he was right when he heard a familiar, deep laugh coming toward them in the hallway. Mark's burden immediately lifted at the sound, recognizing who the voice belonged to and turning to look down the hall.
 
Of course, he's laughing because of Jackson.
 
"Heyyyyy what's up maaan?" Youngjae practically shouted in his heavily accented English as Jinyoung and Jackson approached.
 
"Jackson and I just got out of our last class of the day." Jinyoung began, "Do you guys wanna go out for barbecue with us?"
 
Jaebum and Youngjae immediately agreed, so how could Mark say no?
 
Mark loved hanging out with his friends, but it was gradually getting more and more unbearable to see the way Jinyoung and Jackson interacted. Nonetheless, Mark consented to the idea.
 
---
 
The 5 college boys filled the restaurant with boisterous laughter as they recollected college party stories and complained about certain professors. Mark was glad he came.
 
That is, until Jackson got a text.
 
The platinum-blonde's phone buzzed when Jinyoung fed him a piece of meat, but no one took much notice to it until Jackson was standing up from his seat.
 
"Ah, sorry guys. Something came up, so I have to go." Jackson leaned over to peck his boyfriend's lips, then hastily waved at the others and left before anyone got a chance to ask what happened.
 
Jinyoung looked a little disappointed for the rest of the night, but Mark could tell he was trying hard to not ruin the mood while the 4 boys remaining continued to eat and chat. 
 
---
 
Mark had almost dozed off on the couch when he felt something vibrate in his pocket. He sleepily pulled out the device, noticing a text lit up on the screen.
 
"Can you come over?
-Jinyoung"
 
Mark was more than willing to fulfill his request, but he couldn't help being a little curious as to why the younger asked him out of the blue.
 
"Sure, why?
-Mark
 
Less than a minute later, his phone buzzed again.
 
"Please, I need a friend.
-Jinyoung"
 
Sending a quick "on my way," the blonde hopped into his shoes and grabbed a jacket before heading out of his dorm. 
 
He made it to Jinyoung's dorm within minutes and the door immediately opened on the first knock. There stood Jinyoung, his eyebrows creased and his eyes swollen, as if he had been crying before Mark arrived. The image made the blonde's stomach churn.
 
Once the door was shut behind him, Mark spoke up. "Jinyoung, is everything ok?"
 
That was all it took for Jinyoung to break down.
 
The younger covered his face, crying into his hands while Mark quickly went to embrace his friend. He rubbed Jinyoung's back comfortingly, his own heart breaking as the boy in his arms shook with his sobs.
 
"Jinyoung, please tell me what happened." Mark pleaded, wanting nothing more than to know what was going on so he could somehow help Jinyoung.
 
"I-I-It's Jacks-son-" the boy stuttered between sobs. "W-we got in a f-fight."
 
That was all Mark could get out of him while he was crying. The blonde comfortingly shushed Jinyoung's sobs, sympathetically letting his fingers run through the younger's hair. Mark held him close, grateful that he seemed to be calming him down a bit. 
 
"What did you two fight about?" Mark finally asked, hoping Jinyoung was able to answer him this time.
 
He was. "I-I asked him why he left the restaurant earlier and he told me that this sophomore B-Bambam texting him needing help with an essay due tomorrow." He hesitated, sniffling and leaning into Mark's embrace a bit more. "S-so I asked him why this Bambam kid was more important than spending time with m-me and we started arguing."
 
Mark frowned as the black-haired male explained the situation. How dare Jackson hurt Jinyoung? It infuriated him. Seeing Jinyoung like he was made Mark's heart clench up with sadness, and he only held the boy tighter. "I'm so sorry." He muttered, feeling Jinyoung relax a bit more in his arms.
 
The younger pulled away for a split second, only to lean closer again and suddenly capture Mark's lips with his own. The blonde froze, completely caught off guard as Jinyoung desperately kissed him. The kiss was salty from tears and a little sloppy, but Mark soon found his lips moving in sync with Jinyoung's. His face grew bright pink, warm vibrations traveling throughout the surface of his skin.
 
Then he returned to his senses. This was Jinyoung, Jackson's boyfriend.
 
Mark quickly pulled away from the kiss, having to gasp a bit for air. He stared at the boy in front of him in shock. "W-what are you d-doing!?"
 
Mark expression made Jinyoung panic a bit, a deep blush coloring his cheeks as well. "S-sorry! I just wanted to..kiss you...for s-some reason."
 
"B-but you and Ja-"
 
Jinyoung kissed him again, cutting him off mid-sentence. Mark was about to protest, but immediately got swept up in the sensation of Jinyoung's lips moving against his and let his eyes close. He held onto the younger's hips, pressing their bodies together as the kiss grew deeper.
 
"J-Jinyoung.." Mark mumbled between kisses, making the other suddenly freeze.
 
Jinyoung quickly pulled away, his face red as he stared anywhere but in Mark's direction. "S-Sorry, I don't know what's gotten into me.. M-maybe you should go." He felt guilty for kicking the other out after he had just comforted him, but his own freakish actions and the warm feeling he got in his chest when he kissed Mark scared him.
 
When Mark didn't move, Jinyoung opened the door and practically shoved him out of the dorm. "I-I'm really sorry, I just have to-uh-sort things out a bit."
 
And with that, the door quickly swung shut.
 
---
 
A/n: okaaaay then! I feel like this is a little sloppily written, but then again, I did write this half asleep LOL. Well anyways, hope you enjoyed :-)))