Their Meeting's Story

Raison D'être

- Fast Forward to Present -

- Yonghwa’s POV -

 

23 months.

 

23 months has passed and the same bus that brought me to hell has given me salvation by bringing me out of it, bringing me to my angel.

 

Needless to say, the goodbyes made, a permanent position amongst the ranks in the army rejected, and a lot of memories to be remembered and to be forgotten, my service time has ended. I am finally free. And the first thing I wanted to do was to meet my angel. So with my bags packed, uniform worn, I look dashing for a soldier, not to brag but I mean, my military service really brought out those muscles and the fabric just seemed to hug me in the right places. I sat on the bus, nonchalant about the chitter chatter of my fellow soldiers on their way home too, their excitement echoing on the bus. I couldn’t care less as I look away from the window and reread her final letter to me.

 

Dear Yong Oppa,

Congratulations on finishing your military service! It has been hard hasn’t it?

I know this has no basis since we haven’t met but I miss you. And I can’t wait to finally meet you Oppa.

I’ll be wearing a brown coat and a brown hat with daffodils in my hand when you arrive. And when you do, will you hold me? Forever?

Love,

Hyun.

 

I’ve lost count on how many times I have read that letter. It probably is the best letter I have yet to receive from her. She finally agreed to meet! And she has asked me to hold her hand, forever. If this wasn’t a marriage proposal, I don’t know what is. But I know I will be the one to ask her for her hand when I have found a stable job and is able to support her. She is everything that I wanted and anything that I have wished for and more.

 

Minutes passed, then an hour, then another hour. My nervousness started to gnaw at me. The food offered for us was left untouched beside my letter as I nervously tapped my fingers.

 

What if this was all a joke? No it can’t be right? She told me she love me. But what if this was all a prank? What if….

 

Those thoughts floats around my head for the following hours in the journey. And when the landscape started changing, the fields became streets, the trees became buildings, and I knew I was close. And when the bus stopped, I knew it was time. Time to finally and hopefully see my angel.

 

With the excitement and nervousness boiling within me, I got up from my seat, slinging my humongous bag on my shoulder and snatching the letter back in to my pocket.

 

With my heart on my throat, butterflies in my stomach, I stepped outside from the bus. My first step back into reality and a longing welled up inside me. I couldn’t wait to meet her.

 

As I looked left to right, the nervousness was piling up. It came to the point that I was agitated, close to devastated that I couldn’t see her. Just when I was about to lose all hope, I saw her silhouette amongst the crowd. The brown hat and a brown coat draped on her as she sat amongst the chairs with a blanket covering her legs and daffodils in her hand. It's her.

 

Nothing else mattered to me at that point, all I could think of was after 23 long months I would finally meet her. With a smile on face I rushed to her like my life depended on it, shoving people gently away from reaching her. And when I did, the smile in face faltered, my excitement and nervousness popped like a bubble as I finally see her fully.

 

She looks… frail… old… old enough to be my grandmother as she sat on a wheelchair. Her hands that holds the flowers looks like they would fall at any minute. Her hair is purely white, her wrinkles on her face are layered upon each other. But her eyes… her eyes... they held sadness in them… and… Anger? Betrayal? I would not know.


This is my angel for 20 months. This is the woman who said she was 22 yrs old, now 24. This is that woman. My Juhyun?

 

 

~♥~

 

-  Shortly After Her Confession -

 

- Seohyun’s POV -

 

The remaining 8 months of his service, following my confession, was a blissful moment. Just as before, we communicated via letters every week without fail. We couldn’t call each other again as it was a special favor called in by Taeyeon unnie to Kangin Oppa, and Kangin Oppa to Yong Oppa’s Supervisor. So we resorted in letters and we were both fine with it. However, when he asked me to visit him, I-I couldn’t. I always told him I wanted him to spend his time with his parents and I would meet him when his service was over. He respected my decision and will wait for that time to come.

 

That was my excuse…

 

My dilemma is with my popularity… I-if I visit him once and this was caught on camera, this will be a huge scandal…

 

I-If I somehow bring him to this whirlwind of the Music Industry, w-will he still love me? W-will he stay by my side? How will my fans react to this? Will they feel betrayed? Abandoned? Will they hurt my Yong Oppa for revenge? These kind of thoughts ran through my mind. I needed help and advice on such matters.

 

Who better to ask than my unnies, right?

 

Unnie deul were ecstatic to say the least. They were crazy. Yes that was the perfect word: crazy. Screaming, shouting, weird congratulation songs, weird dance movements, indistinguishable words and statements, physical damage to me (countless of times they shook and pinch my body) and lots more. It went on and on for months without the topic dying out, and to be honest, I couldn’t be happier.

 

But the problem still loomed over my head, what are we going to do once he finish his military service. Because I know for a fact that he is my soulmate, the only person that I know will give me my happiness, and there is no way I will let anyone disrupt that. My one shot at happiness, maybe my only shot at it.

 

So my unnies came up with um… a daredevil plan… I was against it but you know, being the maknae and all, I couldn’t possibly have any hope of putting my thoughts across. So I was left with a blind faith that it would work, oh please Dear God let it work…

 

~♥~

 

First Phase: Confirmation of Yonghwa Oppa by meeting him

 

Yes… we umm.. we have met once after our confession to each other, before he was released. It was the first test of my Unnies to let me face the real person that he is who he says he is without him knowing that I was his Juhyun. This was the only way my unnies, despite this being my first relationship, will give their blessings because as Sooyoung unnie said, “You never know, this might be a hoax or worse a ssasaeng.”

 

So, with a huge persuasion to the company and under a false pretense of a community outreach of the group, SNSD has decided to hold a sudden guerrilla concert on the Armistice Line, where Yong Oppa is serving right now. I don’t know how exactly they managed to make the concert happen, maybe Sunny unnie pulled some strings? And some strings I meant aegyo to LSM sajangnim, I think.

 

When the news was finally delivered to me that we are going, I was ecstatic! My unnies couldn’t handle my happiness and was wondering why I wasn’t afraid that he didn’t exist. Well, I had faith, a deep resounding faith that he exist and I love him… Is there any more reason benefitting than that?

 

So the guerilla warfare came with a pseudo fan meeting, without the cameras of course, military policy I guess and that worked well with unnie deul’s plan. On the other hand, I was waiting impatiently until I could finally see him. As I was shaking everyone’s hand, a tap on my shoulder brought me to look at Sooyoung unnie, pointed at a tree and took over getting the attention of the soldiers. Confused, I looked at a tree and I saw a lone soldier, away from the buzz of SNSD’s aura, enjoying the calming afternoon weather. He had his back on the tree and I couldn’t quite see his face properly.

 

Tentatively, I snuck out of the horde of soldiers and let my unnies’ to amuse them (them shooing me and telling me to hurry up). Each step brought me closer to him, each step made my heart go erratic, each step made my apprehension heighten, each step gets me closer to Yong oppa. And at last I was near him but I couldn’t bring myself to introduce my presence, fascinated with just his back profile. Sensing another person, he turned and immediately stood up and bowed.

 

“Annyeonghasaeyo, Hasa Jung Yonghwa ibnida.” Then he straighten up and I got a good look at him.

 

I thought my heart would burst that day. He… He is handsome, way more handsome that I imagined. I didn’t notice but I was ogling at him, memorizing his face like how his eyes were a dark color of brown, his snaggletooth in his charming smile, and loads more. That is until I saw him being uncomfortable.

 

“Umm- oh yeah, SNSD’s Maknae, Seohyun ibnida,” I spurt out hastily. I shouldn’t have had ogled at him, he must think I’m crazy or something.

 

“Ne Seohyun-ssi, everyone would know who you are. But I was more curious as to why SNSD’s maknae came here to meet me,” he said, chuckling lightly. That was a valid question. Come on Joohyun-ah come up with a viable answer! Ppalli!

 

“Oh- umm… I saw you from over there?” I pointed at where my unnies were. “I-I wondered umm why... why weren’t you with them? Yeah! I was wondering that.” I breathe a sigh of relief. That seems okay right?

 

“Oh umm… I was writing a song Seohyun-ssi,” he said while holding the paper and a pen. “It’s not much, I mean, it’s how I mainly pass my time. Plus I didn’t want to go fight over the horde to see SNSD. So I stayed back and see you all from a distance.”


“Oh,” I said. “Well, I’m here now in front of you. Isn’t it better to see someone close?”

 

“It is,” he said as he sat back down. He gestured me to sit too which I did. “My dream used to be me becoming a songwriter, maybe a singer. This song that I am writing right now will probably where I pour everything out, all for my angel.”


I don’t know if he noticed but my heart was bursting and I was so sure I was blushing. Keep calm Seo Joohyun!


“Umm… may I hear it? I don’t know, I know a lot of songwriters and developers, umm maybe I could help you release it-“

 

“Thank you for the offer Seohyun-ssi, but this song only has one listener,” he said while smiling brightly.

 

“Are you sure?” I asked. “This could be your big break! This could start your songwriting career.”

 

“That may be so, but that used to be my dream. My dream now is to be with my angel,” he said as he looked in the sky longingly.

 

My heart was bursting with joy! I almost blurt out how happy I am and almost called him Yong Oppa when Sooyoung unnie started calling me from afar. I got up and “I have to go Yong O-, I mean Yonghwa-ssi. That girl is a very lucky girl to have you.”

 

“Actually Seohyun-ssi,” he said as he too got up. “I’m the lucky guy. I fell in love with a girl who graced me by loving me back. I couldn’t ask for anything more.”

 

“What is her name?”

 

“My Joohyun.” He said as he smiled lovingly. Dugun dugun. “It was nice to meet you Seohyun-ssi” he extended his hand and I took it.

 

“Uhh-yeah umm… it was also nice to meet you umm Y-Yonghwa-ssi” and I ran, ran before I start introducing myself to him, run before I start saying ‘I love you’s, run before I throw my arms around him and never let go, run before I kiss him…

 

Two hands suddenly stopped me from running. Nervously I looked at the owner of those hands. And I somehow felt relieved that those arms were from Sooyoung unnie. Who knows what I would have done if it was his arms that held me…. Dugun dugun..

 

“So how did it go?” Sooyoung unnie asked me, while holding me in place, concern written all over her face. I must’ve looked like a wreck or something. To be honest? I was. My heart is erratic, like a hundred drums were being beaten all at once. My mind was a mess, I couldn’t think of anything else except his words “My Juhyun” Dugun dugun… My… omo…

 

“He loves me” I finally whispered, still out of it, looking at my hand that held his. I could still feel the heat of his hand over my hand and it warmed me up inside.

 

“He loves me with all his heart.”

 

~♥~

Second Phase: Let the Public Know

 

Okay so the first phase worked excellently. I told my unnies word per word, every detail of that encounter and they were shouting with joy! It was like we won a grand lotto or something. They were hugging, screaming and crying. I was confused on their action until Taeyeon Unnie broke off from hugging Tiffany to hug me tightly. “All our prayers were answered. A guy finally has loved you and you loved him back.”

 

I-I couldn’t help but smile and a small tear escape my eyes. I have the bestest of the best unnies in the whole world!

 

Well after the celebration it was time to move on to the second phase, the phase that makes me so nervous and scared. Because depending on the results of this, I could either be ruining not only my career but also my unnie deul’s career. And I do not have the heart for it. I was conflicted, I love Yong Oppa but I also love my unnies, they have been with me for a long time. They have had my back for years and to ruin their career, I couldn’t even think of doing that, not in a million years.

 

…. But….

 

“You know we love you too maknae-ya,” Taeyeon unnie said. “We just want to give you a shot to your happiness, the rest? We will handle it, don’t worry so much.” She reached out to pat my head, took quite an effort since I was taller but she managed (she was cute doing it kekeke). My heart constricted at her words, I couldn’t be selfish with my unnies are involved. I love my unnies to bits and I hugged her tightly, thankful that for the first time, they are letting me choose what I want.

 

“Thank you so much unnie,” I whispered.

“I should thank Yonghwa-ssi when I see him,” Taeyeon unnie chuckled. “He brought out all your warm emotions out. I like this version of Seohyun- ani. He brought out uri Joohyun.”

 

That statement….

 

“He brought out uri Joohyun.”

 

That made me smile genuinely.

 

Yes. I feel like the old Joohyun already.

 

 Yes. This is all worth it. And it gave me courage to do this phase.

 

I think it’s time for me to tell you this… audacious and crazy, CRAZY I tell you, plan. Well, it is really simple to be very honest with you but with drastic consequences either way. It’s for me to confess everything in Radio Star. Yes, Radio Star, and Kyuhyun oppa is helping with this plan (not sure how he got into the plan but I heard rumors that Taeyeon unnie flicked his forehead or something, I’m not sure).

 

So our subunit, TaeTiSeo were “invited” to appear in Radio star. Frankly speaking? I do not know how my unnies planned this, which strings they pulled, who they asked and much more. My unnies could almost do anything they want and its mind boggling. I umm… maybe I should warn Yong oppa about my unnies… I dare not imagine what they would do if he gets on their bad side. Well, I know that wouldn’t be a problem but one cannot be too careful enough.

 

So on that dreaded day, I was frantic in my seat, my fingers playing with themselves in anticipation of that anvil looming over my head. My unnies handled the conversation mostly, I answer when asked, smile or react when necessary. The clock is ticking bit by bit, so slowly that everything seemed to be in slow motion. Despite the air conditioning of the studio, my palms are sweaty, my mind is going haywire with anticipation and then-


“Seohyun-ssi has started becoming a gorgeous lady! As expected of one of the Nation’s Angels!” Jongshin sunbaenim said.

 

Flustered, I said, “A-aniyo.”

 

“Omo such a humble girl, I bet all the guys have started noticed you,” Gura sunbaenim stated.

 

“Ne?” I asked, confused with what he said. Is that true? I couldn’t be bothered to be honest, my heart only screams Yong Oppa’s name… wait that was so cheesy… aigoo…

 

“Actually,” Kyuhyun oppa said. “Lots of male idols have asked me for her number. But we know Seohyun-ah doesn’t mingle well with just anyone.”

 

“Is that true?” Gura sunbaenim asked me, putting me on the spot.

 

I was wracking my brains out, figuring out how to answer this question. I don’t want to be a social brick wall by confirming this, but I didn’t want to lie too because it did have some truth in it. What should I do-

 

“Uri maknae-ya is just conservative. She is just shy around strangers but when you get to know her, she’s really a lovely girl. You should know this Kyuhyun oppa,” Taeyeon unnie said with a small smile.

 

“Ah matta, I just got her number less than a year ago and she greets me whenever there’s something. Like my birthday, when I got sick, and loads more. She completely changed!” Kyuhyun told the other MCs.

                                                                                       

“Ahh jjinjja?” Gookjin sunbaenim said. “What triggered that change?”


“I don’t know to be honest, it’s just that the once hidden maknae of SNSD got out of her shell and we couldn’t complain. Ask any of the Suju members and Shinee too, she changed and started hanging with us often,” Kyuhyun said as he shrugged.

 

“Changkaman,” Gura sunbaenim intervened. “Maybe she likes one of you?”

 

“Ah aniyo,” I started. “It’s not like tha-“


“Could the guy be Kyuhyun?” he suddenly stated. He suddenly glared at Kyuhyun oppa and he looked back at him with surprise.

 

“Ne?!” Kyuhyun oppa exclaimed.

 

Tiffany and Taeyeon unnie looked at each other and burst out loud while I had a confused look. Wait what? For real?

“Yaaah! What’s with that reaction?” Kyuhyun pouted. “I’m hurt.” He crossed his arms and playfully glared at the two.

 

“Mianhe oppa,” Tiffany unnie said. “We didn’t know you felt that way.” Umm… what’s with the emphasis?

 

“Yah! I don’t but what’s with that reaction-“ he retorted back but he got cut off.

 

“We’re getting out of topic here,” Jongshin sunbaenim said. “Seohyun-ssi why did you change?” He looked at me with such intensity that I falter for a moment in fear.

“Oh umm-“ I started but.

 

“Is it because of a guy?” Gura sunbaenim suddenly asked.

 

It finally came here. I saw my unnies’ eyes twinkling mischievously, like I think they just did a mental high five or something. The MCs were looking at me with anticipation, especially Kyuhyun oppa who looked confused.

 

With uncertainty and throwing my luck in the wind, I answered, “N-ne.”

 

Before anyone could react, Gura sunbaenim delivered the final blow, “You’re boyfriend?”

 

I was at a lost, despite everything my unnies told me, I was still uncertain of this plan. Would this really work? Like how would this affect Yong oppa if the netizen knew who he was? Would he get hurt? But I don’t know… it’s for the plan right? Maybe I should stop- Taeyeon unnie suddenly lay her hand on my lap and I look at her with the question burning in my eyes. She smiled lightly and slightly nodded. With a deep sigh and hoping I would not regret this, I answered, “N-n-ne.”

 

The studio blew up in hysteria. Not only the MCs were baffled but even the staff and PD-nims were shocked.

 

“Wait, this is for real?” Kyuhyun oppa asked. Amusement is seen in his eyes but his face shows shock.

 

“Yes, we have known about it for a while.” Taeyeon stated it nonchalantly but I could see glee in her eyes. Everything is going according to plan. But while she is happy, I am crestfallen. I was wrought with dread at this revelation. What do I do!?

 

Taeyeon unnie started telling our story, with the help of Tiffany unnie ofcourse. They told how it all started, the letters, everything except 3 things: Yong Oppa’s Name, where he is at and ummm… the story of his medal…

 

The MCs had nonstop questions and even before I could answer, either Tiffany or Taeyeon unnie would answer for me and I would smile in confirmation of their words. I was astounded to say the least. It was like I was an open book to my unnies. They knew exactly was going through my mind, the reasons behind my actions. It was like it happened to them if I may say so. They explained in clear detail and I knew I was blushing at their recount of Yong Oppa’s and My story… our story.

 

“Seohyun-ssi,” Gura sunbaenim finally said directly at me. “Would you like to send a letter to him right now?”

 

This is a chance I cannot miss! But I knew he wouldn’t be able to see this when this episode air and I bet he wouldn’t know it would be me. But I’ll show him this clip when I have explained everything. So pushing my uncertainty and worry aside, I smiled lightly and started

 

Annyeong Oppa,

It has been a while since I last saw you and even though we haven’t officially met,

                             I miss you. So please eat well and take care of your health before we meet.

And lastly, Saranghae oppa and I’ll be waiting for your return.

 

“Mworagu?!” everyone asked me, even Taeyeon and Tiffany unnie shouted with disbelieving eyes and I just laughed at their reaction. It must have been a shock for them to hear me say “Saranghaeyo”, especially to a guy.

 

~♥~

Third Phase: Netizens Acceptance of Yong Oppa

 

That episode was heavily advertised. You can imagine the hype for that episode when it really advertise “SNSD’s maknae to reveal her relationship status in the upcoming episode” in big bold red letters. It blew up! Every tabloid website, newstation were covering the revelation. It came to the point that MBC released a statement that they are not releasing any statement about the revelation until the episode airs. So what are the mediea left with? Harassing us SNSD and SME to reveal it all. Then the situation became worse, paparazzis everywhere and fans trying to get the answer. It was suffocative and it became hard to move anywhere that for at least 3 days we were barricaded in our dorm. Our manager brought us supplies of course but we couldn’t go out.

 

SME put out a statement asking everyone to wait for the episode patiently and to give the girls some privacy or else legal issues will arise. And with that, people started backing off from us, but there are some that are… I do not know… they still come… I can’t help but feel that it might be my fault. If I didn’t reveal about us, people might have not been acting this way and I heard some people got hurt during their chase on us… this is a mess…

 

But unnie deul told me it would be fine and to disregard it, but how can I when I hear and read these news about them getting hurt… I feel guilty…

 

The day that the episode aired was about a month away from Yong oppa’s release and if the news of the revelation blew up, this one was way worse. Tabloids, news, articles, almost all the top ones had my name and my mystery soldier boyfriend. All the reviews and critics and haters and fans and almost everyone had an opinion about our story. My unnies told me never to read the comments whether if it’s a fan or a hater, not one single comment. And I would have even if they didn’t say it, I was scared on what I’m going to read. Would I receive bashing? Praises? Death threats? Support? Either way, I wouldn’t want to know… and I felt burden with it, the knowledge of not knowing what is happening right now. All I know is that my unnies are handling it all, the shading, the bashing, the planning, and most of all, the blame…

 

I seriously had the best unnies in the world… I completely put my trust in them… I just hope everything happens well…

 

Yong oppa, well every soldier in his platoon, was oblivious to the news. Thank heavens that his commanding officer only watches sports. I wrote a letter about the Radio Star episode and he said his sergeant couldn’t care any less, what luck! His ignorance on the matter is key to this phase as according to my unnies. Because this third phase is uncertain. It will all depend on how Yong oppa’s reaction. It has to be genuine, he has to put his feelings out in the open sincerely. Only then that the netizens might understand and give him a chance. If he fails, he will be public #1 enemy throughout Korea, I could already see it happening. God forbid he might have to move country… but that’s not the worse result… i-if he fails… he umm… h-he will break my heart….. Will I survive my first and probably only heart break? I don’t think I can…

 

So the plan is (thought of Sica unnie) was to trick Yong oppa, put him in the spot, make him challenge h-his f-feelings for me. This is why the 1st phase was important. If we failed at that part, third phase wouldn’t be possible anymore. Well… I would have been mending a broken heart if we failed, and I would be again if this failed.

 

Umm... *sigh* anyways… the plan is for Hyoyeon unnie (she drew the shortest straw kekeke) and to make her look old (the wonders and the power of makeup), let her pretend to be me, and hope that Yong Oppa would umm… despite my “old” appearance, would still accept me for who I am. Yeap… that’s the plan… so I wrote him my last letter until we “officially” meet, what im going to wear and bringing him daffodils. His reply made me constricted? Wrought with dread? Nervous to the highest peak? Happy? In love? Maybe all of them.

 

Dear Hyun,

This probably is the best letter you have given me, a chance to meet with you angel.

I’ll be the soldier in uniform meeting his first love for the first time.

I can’t wait to finally see you nae sarangha.

Yong

 

I have been dreading the day that we would meet, like if I was nervous wreck the previous phases, this was the most ummm… bone chilling experience I have ever had. My unnies were worried about me but Yul unnie said, “Frankly speaking Hyunnie, I don’t think you have anything to worry about. The boy is so hung up on you, I doubt he’ll ran away when he sees Hyoyeon. You’ll see.” She pat my hair and said to Yoona unnie. “100,000 won he’ll like Hyoyeon?”

 

“100,000 Won?!!” Yoona unnie and I exclaimed. But Yoona unnie said, “Isn’t that too small? Make it 500,000 Won or somethi-ouch! Yah Hyunnie did you just hit me?”

“Unnie! How could you play around something so serious-“ I started fuming but the two laughed.

 

“Aigoo hyunnie, we’re just kidding,” Yul unnie said. “You’ve been such a mess lately. We just want to lift your spirits up, that’s all.”

 

They hugged me tightly and I wouldn’t lie, it brought a smile and it made me worry less.

 

So the day of our meeting came. Hyoyeon unnie complained for sitting on a chair for 3 hours till her makeup was done. She said, “Yonghwwa-ssi better step up his game Hyunnie or else I will kill him. I didn’t just sacrifice 3 hrs of my beauty sleep and time for nothing.” And I was speechless. I didn’t know how to respond to that, I mean I was already nervous and excited for the day. It has been 64 days since I last saw him, I couldn’t wait to see him. My heart beat like crazy at the thought of meeting him again. But my mind was distraught, just because of this plan. I’m such a mess. Lord please help us!

 

We arrived at the station 30 minutes ahead of time to start executing the stages of this plan. The first is to broadcast to everyone that the meeting is about to happen. How do we achieve that? Social Media. We didn’t want to tweet the deed days before the actual meeting because of security reasons. Loads of fans and paparazzi will flood this place and the plan would’ve failed. But to be safe, we have security people around us dressed in normal clothes so it wouldn’t look suspicious at al. So, to continue the plan all of us tweeted the same thing:

 

“Watch the return of Seohyun’s Soldier’s and their first meeting in vlive! We will start broadcasting in 10 minutes!”

 

The clock is ticking, and as we all took our places, my nervousness has peaked. Taeyeon unnie holds the phone that would let the fans watch through vlive, Hyoyeon unnie is sitting on her wheelchair, drapped in my clothes and hat with the daffodils in her hand. The other girls were scattered around in close proximity. Then-

 

“It’s time!” Taeyeon unnie said. “Annyeonghasaeyeo yeorobun!” She said while waving at the phone. I was right beside her in the bench that is beside Hyoyeon unnie’s wheelchair.

 

“So as we said, the bus bringing Seohyun’s Soldier is about to arrive. Can you see how nervous Seohyun-ah is?” she said. I looked at myself at the phone and I was pale white. I really look like a nervous wreck.

 

“Aigoo maknae-yah, everything will be alright,” she said. Then she moved the phone to view Hyoyeon unnie. “Let me introduce our main actress for today! Hyoyeon!”

 

“Annyeonghasaeyo yeorobun,” she said in her normal voice. Then she talked in a somewhat halmeoni voice, “Today I’m pretending to be Seohyun…….”

 

They explained the plan to the viewers and I could see the number of hearts and viewers exponentially! Woah… e-everyone is watching… i-if this fails… I don’t know what could happen… this might destroy Yong Oppa’s life for good… What if he fails? What if he runs away? What if he breaks my heart? What if-


*Honk honk*

 

That brought me out of my thoughts as the bus has finally arrived! He’s here! He’s home! As I wait impatiently to see his face (the windows were tinted), I tried so hard to remain in my seat when all I want to do was get up and wait by the door. But, I persevered but it didn’t take long till I was tested again.

 

I saw him.

 

I saw Yong Oppa.

 

He descended from the bus and he looks… handsome than ever… His uniform really brought out his features and he carries himself with confidence. I knew I was blushing just by seeing him. Lord he is dreamy and I can’t wait to wrap my arms around him and welcome him home! I was about to stand up and ran to him when a hand held my wrist with an iron grip. It pulled me down back to my seat and I looked at Taeyeon unnie who is glaring at me.

 

….

 

I almost forgot about the plan… his influence on me is astounding…

 

So I sat back down, said sorry to Taeyeon unnie and kept on watching him. Yong oppa kept on looking left and right looking for me but I didn’t notice much. It was just him and me and no one else mattered. Then he spotted me. And he start running towards me. He held my eyes as he started walking towards me. He gently shrugged off other people as he still held our eye contact. Step by step, closer and closer, each breath being hitched quicker and quicker, he finally stopped, right in front of me.

 

…. Right the plan…

 

No… he stopped right in front of Hyoyeon unnie. She sat beside me… I felt umm... I don’t know…

 

I slowly released my breath as he stood just a meter away, he didn’t even realize that SNSD’s Taeyeon and Seohyun was beside this old woman, all he sees is this woman wearing the description in my letter. He was smiling heavenly, I saw a snaggletooth in his smile that I totally adore just right now. He should’ve been smiling at me, not at Hyoyeon unnie. But… I have to stick with the plan.

 

As he stood in front of Hyoyeon unnie, all I focused was him and his reaction…. And he is breaking my heart right n-n-now…

 

He had this bright smile, like the world was all rainbows and butterflies. A-an-and it s-slowly fade away. His eyes that beamed happiness was replaced with shock, he dropped his bag on the floor as his shock grew. His mouth opened agape due to his astonishment.

 

Does he only look at physical beauty? Does he only look at women and judge them base only on their physical appearance? Then would that mean that I may not be good enough? Did he wrap me in a fantasy and I’m just part of an illusion? I-Is his love just an illusion too? I-Is h-his love for me e-even real? I-I don’t want to see this anymore... I can’t take this anymore… I was about to run away when he moved…

 

H-he dropped to one knee, took the flowers off from Hyoyeon’s unnies hands and gently cupped her hands. He gently massaged her hands and smiled lightly as he looked at her eyes, those eyes that once held shock are now filled with… umm love? Affection?

 

“Hyun,” he started. I knew I was holding my breath, waiting for him to continue as he still massged my unnie’s hands.

 

“My angel. You have been my light in my times of darkness, you have been my inspiration for my songs, you are the reason as to why I look forward every week, your letters were my lifeline and this,” he took out my letter, the last one I sent to him. “This was the best letter I have received because I have finally seen you, my angel.”

I covered my mouth as the tears fell down and I stopped myself from making a sound. My heart felt like bursting with all these magnitude of emotion I felt with his words. Taeyeon unnie lightly gripped my leg again but softly this time and I saw that she too was smiling.

 

“I-If it’s not a bother for you, I would like to stay by your side, forevermore?” he asked as a tear escaped his eye as he looked lovingly at Hyoyeon unnie. The atmosphere was so tender, so loving until-

 

“AARRGH Hyunnie keep him away from before I steal him from you!” Hyoyeon unnie shouted. She hastily removed her hand and stood up from her wheelchair and went behind me, shivering from the cringe of his words, while I was flustered with the situation, Yong oppa was nonetheless shocked.


“H-Hyun?” he stood up, crestfallen and shocked seen in his face. “I-Is that a no?”

 

I-I could see that he is taking this the wrong way, so I stood up, removed the coat from Hyoyeon unnie’s shoulders, the hat from her head, put those on and went to him. I picked up the flowers that lay gently beside the wheelchair and I said, “Welcome home Yong Oppa.” I offered the flowers and I smiled, I smiled like he’s the most important person in my life.

 

“S-Seohyun-ssi?” he asked me incredulously. Like it was the first time he had seen me here, well to be honest, it is. He focused only on Hyoyeon unnie. “U-um what are you doing here?”


“Welcoming you home oppa,” I smiled. “Annyeonghasaeyo and it’s nice to have finally met you offically Yong oppa, I am SNSD’s Seohyun and your Hyun, Seo Joohyun.”

 

“Ne?!” he exclaimed as he staggered back a bit. He tripped over his bag and fell on the ground but instead of pain in his face, it was shock that shows.

 

“Oppa!” I rushed to his side and knelt by his side. “Are you okay?” I asked, concerned.

 

“U-um Seohyun-ssi,” he said. “T-there m-must be some mistake. I-I uhh, um supposed to meet H-Hyun-“

 

I took out his last letter and gently handed it to him. He tentatively took it and opened it. His eyes grew wider and he closed it. He then sat down properly in the middle of the station on the ground and closed his eyes, breathing heavily, trying to come into terms of what is happening right now. I had no more doubts on him, I know he loves me and I know I love him, so I wait patiently and listen to his breathing. Then-

 

“Hyun” he said. He stood up and he grabbed both my hands *blush* to help me stand up too. I thought he would let go but he didn’t. Instead he put them together and kissed my hands.

 

“I’m home Hyun,” he said while he smiled so angelically at me.

 

“Welcome home oppa,” I replied. At this moment. Everything was perfect. He held my hands while he smiling at me, the man of my dreams beaming down on me. Everything seems perfect until-

 

“So what’s with the umm everything,” he asked me. Then he looked at Taeyeon unnie and Hyoyeon unnie and he bowed. “A-anyeonghasaeyo, cheonun Yong-“

 

“We know!” Hyoyeon unnie said while blushing.  She has removed the makeup already even though there were some bits still stuck in her face. Taeyeon unnie was just smiling but still holding up the phone broadcasting the moment in vlive.

 

“Oh oppa, it might take a while to explain but it’s because-“ I started explaining but what I heard made me stop.

 

“THERE THEY ARE! “

 

All of us looked at a dozens of paparazzi running after us.  The bodyguards took actions and they formed a barricade between us and the paparazzi. I was scared, really scared. They were like hounds being held back from getting a piece of meat. And I was the meat. Hyoyeon unnie suddenly shouted, “Hyunnie! Catch!”

 

She threw an object and I had to remove my hands from Yong oppa’s to catch it *aww I hat to let go :(*  I looked at the  object and I saw that it was a car key, Hyoyeon Unnie’s car. I looked at her bewildered and she said, “Go.”

 

I understood immediately and I turned to Yong oppa who looks quite scared of the sea of flashes from the cameras. I lightly gripped his arm to get his attention and he looked at me, his eyes filled with fear.

 

“Oppa, do you trust me?” I asked hastily.

 

“Wha-“

 

“Do you trust me?” I asked without breaking eye contact with him. He looked at me earnestly as if trying to see something from my eyes but he smiled and said, “With my life.”

 

I smiled at his answer and said, “Then let’s run.” I grabbed his bag and gave it to him. Then I grabbed his hand, and we ran. We ran away from the paparazzi, holding hands, just the two of us. And to be honest? It couldn’t have been any more perfect than this.

 

 

La Fin…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Not yet

 

- Taeyeon’s POV –

 

As those two love birds ran, I put the phone on selfie mode and I said, “Yeorubun, it was heart wrenching wasn’t it? Us SNSD made this plan so that our lovely maknae could live her life the way she wants to. I on the behalf of my sisters wants to ask you guys to give your blessing to our maknae who hasn’t been like this, who has been in loved. Please watch over them fondly.”

 

“Annyeong!” with a wave, I pointed the phone to the running couple again who looks so darn cute, almost like a drama ending scene. I do hope everything goes well, that everything we had done comes into fruition. I do hope that uri Seohyun-ah, ani, Joohyun-ah becomes happy.

I ended the vlive.

 


Annyeonghasaeyo Yeorubun,

This love story was based on how my father described to me what real love is, like despite of your background, your situation, your circumstances, a person would love you for who you are and see you in that light. Chapters 1-3 was wrapped around that idea and i would like to give a shout out to my Dad (who will not see this hehe but still showed and taught me a lot) 

Just one last chapter guys, see you in the end!

♥♦Pokerman♣♠

Anything for you snowflake