Mission Failed

Black Swan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  CHAPTER 5   mission  failed


 

“Ji Won! Has Shin Hye left already?” Ji Won was walking down the hallway when she heard somebody ask. She instantly turned around and saw Min Ho approaching her, looking breathtakingly handsome even in just plain shorts and white shirt. Ji Won raised one of her brows out of curiousity.

 

“Yep. I actually went with her outside because I bought something from a nearby convenience store. Why are you looking for her by the way?” Ji Won asked.

 

“Oh it’s nothing important. I just needed to talk to her about something,” he quickly replied.

 

“Wait, can I have her number instead?” Ji Won eyed Min Ho curiously but she instantly complied with his request and typed her sister’s number when he handed his phone.

 

“Here. Well, I’ll be going now.” A small smile crept on her face when the idea of Min Ho and Shin Hye being together crossed her mind. Her sister would surely smack her if she found out that Ji Won was once again shipping her with their neighbour.

 

 

“Guess who?” A voice spoke behind her just as a pair of hands quickly covered her eyes. Ji Won snorted at the newcomer’s approach but decided to play along. She had already smelled the familiar strawberry scent a few feet away from the bench she was sitting on. She had texted Soo Jung earlier to meet her in a nearby mall before they carry out their mission.

 

“Ahn Yoona is that you?” she replied and a small smile crept up her lips. Instantly, the hands covering her eyes were gone and she adjusted to the brightened surroundings.

 

“Yah! Stop switching me with my sister. I am more beautiful than she is. Besides, she has not arrived from the states yet,” the newcomer stated and took a seat next to Ji Won. A small pout appeared on her face. She hated it when people kept comparing her to her sister. Sure, they both look almost the same but Soo Jung wanted to be recognized as her own person, and not her sister’s doppelganger.

 

Ji Won released a light-hearted chuckle. “Of course you are. And nobody could ever replace you because you are Ahn Soo Jung- my most awesome but bratty best friend.” For a moment, a grin appeared on Soo Jung’s face but it vanished quickly and she ended up frowning. “Then what about Han Groo?”

 

“She’s my best friend too. But yeah she’s a lot crazier. Why? Are you fishing for compliments?” Ji Won raised her brows and smirked.

 

“Well, it doesn’t matter but you get my point. I've been your best friend eversince we were babies. You should atleast play favorites especially when we haven’t seen each other for a while.” Although the three of them had became official best friends, there were still times when Soo Jung would become possessive of her friendship with Ji Won.

 

“Oh please, stop being such a drama queen Soo Jung. We officially became best friends during our fourth grade in elementary after I found and returned your favorite doll, and not exactly right after we were born. I’m pretty sure you don’t miss me that much since you have that boy Kai to focus your attention to.”

 

Soo Jung was about to retort something when she spotted a familiar looking girl sitting inside a cafe a few meters away from them. She looked like she was waiting for someone by the way her eyes continuously scanned her surroundings and glanced at her watch from time to time. A mischievous smirk made way to Soo Jung’s lips. “Well, isn’t this our lucky day? Our target is here.”

 

Ji Won quickly whipped her head to the direction of Soo Jung’s gaze and sure enough, Han Groo was within the area. “I know Han Groo’s schedule. She has a class in one of her major subjects. Just how great is this guy? Han Groo is even skipping her classes for him. ”

 

The two eyed their friend like hawks but after a few minutes of zero development, they both released a sigh. “Aish! Seriously? A guy should never make his lady wait. I currently do not want that guy for Han Groo even if he would turn out to be good-looking. Why isn’t he coming? I’m already hungry,” Soo Jung whined and nagged at Ji Won. The latter just took a deep breath in response.

 

Just as they were about to give up their failed mission, they saw Han Groo stood up from her seat after looking at something in her phone screen and hastily left the café. Ji Won and Soo Jung gave each other a knowing glance and hurriedly took off after their friend.

 

 

 

A few hushed bickerings and a hundred steps later, the duo found themselves hiding behind a corner of the building as they eyed Han Groo in a bus stop in front of the building’s door. It was actually nothing out of the ordinary but the two stayed rooted to their spot. They were optimistic that they could still make their mission a success.

 

“Han Groo doesn’t even look a bit annoyed that the person she waited for didn’t arrive. She even looks relieved and happy.” Ji Won observed as more people gathered and lined up for the bus.

 

“Maybe he texted her that he’ll meet her somewhere else. Maybe she’s gonna visit him,” Soo Jung suggested. Her legs were beginning to get numb from tailing their friend and she tried shifting her weight alternately on her legs.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter