Lost Memories

Black Swan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  CHAPTER 3

lost

memories


Thirty minutes had passed since Han Groo and Ji Won found out about the crime and the local authorities were already investigating the scene. Everything inside their unit seemed to be in order and untouched which greatly puzzled Ji Won. The culprit must had chickened out during the last minute and left. Police officers informed them that they would be asking for a copy of the CCTV footage in the corridors from the owner of the condominium so that they could trace the suspect.

 

A little while after the authorities left, Shin Hye appeared from the stairs, panting and covered in sweat. She left the university right after she got a call from Min Ho about the situation. She quickly rushed to her dongsaengs and assessed their current state.

 

"Are you guys ok? Where is the criminal? Did the police find him? What happened to our house? Did he hurt any of you? Was he alone? Did he bring a wea-"

 

"First of all Shinsoo, we're fine. Secondly, we don't know where he is or even have an idea of his identity because we arrived after the crime was done and the police are still searching for him. Thirdly the house looks the same when we left it this morning. Everything is in the same position. Fourthly, we are free from harm because as what I've said, he's gone already," Ji Won chimed in, allowing her sister to sigh in relief.

 

“But are you really sure you both are okay? Are you not scared or something?” Shin Hye continuously nagged like a scared mother hen who kept on flocking over her chicks. Ji Won resisted the urge to roll her eyes at her sister’s dramatic actions. She loved her sister to bits but there were times when Shin Hye’s worrisome nature annoy the hell out of Ji Won. She was about to speak again when she heard a chuckle from behind her.

 

“Don’t worry Shin Hye, the girls are alright now. The results of the investigation will be on the way,” Min Ho spoke up, reminding the girls of his presence.

 

Shin Hye smiled at him. “Thank you for looking after the girls and for notifying me about what happened.” “No problem. I’m just glad nobody’s hurt. Well, I think I should keep going now. Call me if you need anything.”

 

Shin Hye nodded and waved at Min Ho who was starting to walk back to his unit. She kept on smiling at Min Ho’s retreating figure that Ji Won can’t help but eye her suspiciously.

 

“Shin Hye, how good are you with guys?” Ji Won asked, rasing one of her brows in speculation. Han Groo giggled at her friend’s statement.

 

“What?” A crease formed on Shin Hye’s forehead as she tried to understand the randomness of her sister’s question.

 

“Well, obviously, you are fond of Min Ho,” Ji Won confidently said.

 

“Mwo? I do not like Min-”

 

“Whatever Shinsoo. Let’s just say you do not ‘like’ like him now but you are obviously interested in him. And nope, don’t deny it because you in lying. The tip of your ears redden everytime you attempted to lie.”

 

“Yah! I do not like him. He’s gay!” Shin Hye argued in an exasperated tone. As if on cue, her ears turned beet red and Ji Won and Han Groo tried to stifle their laughter.

 

“Aist why can’t you just admit it? It’s just a small crush. It’s not like I asked you to marry him. Besides, what’s wrong with liking a gay?” Ji Won won’t stop she could confirm her theory. She liked observing people, their small gestures and interactions, and later guess their thoughts- and right now, she wanted Shin Hye to prove that her guess was right.

 

“Yeah, it’s okay. I used to like a gay once too. We broke up back in our senior year in high school but now we’re friends again. We even go shopping together at times,” Han Groo casually commented earning a confused look from both sisters. “What? I’m serious.”

 

“Wait, you dated him even if he was gay? Or was it before he became gay?” Shin Hye curiously asked.

 

Han Groo saw Ji Won sporting a ‘what-the-heck-are-you-talking-about’ look and she tried her best to keep a straight face. She winked at Ji Won when Shin Hye wasn’t looking and finally, her best friend caught up with her act. “I never actually paid any romantic attention to him in the beginning because of course, they kept telling me that he’s gay. He’s open about his orientation so I treated him like a sister when we got closer but then things happened and he finally confessed to me that despite him being gay, he really loves me as a man loves a woman.”

 

 “But wasn’t it awkward when he acted girly?” Shin Hye looked unconvinced.

 

A smile slowly crept on Ji Won’s face. “Aw Shinsoo, love knows no boundaries. If you love someone, you accept everything about them... Like Min Ho. You might be the one who can make him straight again.”

 

Shin Hye’s eyes widened at her sister’s teasings. “Yah! I told you I do not- ugggh whatever. I’m just glad you're both al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter