02- Hostage

Mark Me Yours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sooyoung could never understand how the mind of Jackson's worked and she was certain other officers didn't understand as well. Of all those talented undercover officers, he had to choose her, and now she had to get closer to EXO, a damn infamous gang in South Korea. How was she to gain trust when she knew that a gang like that wouldn't trust someone so easily? How was she able to get informations that could put EXO in jail without getting herself killed?

That's right. She might be killed.

Sooyoung heaved in and out, trying to calm herself as she waited impatiently for her coffee to arrive. She couldn't believe that two freaking high-schoolers were the members of a gang, moreover, a famous gang known for their brutality. They looked like they were just typical flower boys that have silver spoon stuck in their mouths since young. 

Both of them were handsome, she must admit. One had dark skin, with his lazy eyes staring boringly into space, and he had this really bad- kind of feel around him. Meanwhile, the other one was as pale as a vampire, and he had this annoying habit of his small lips. 

“Excuse me, miss? Your coffee is ready.” The cashier spoke impatiently, snapping Sooyoung back to reality. She stood abashed and nodded frantically before she took her cup and headed towards the duo of her target.

'I can do it. Just treat them as your cousins! Yeah! They are harmless!' She tried to lie to herself as she stood behind them, and was really trying hard to muster her courage.

“Excuse me?” She squeaked which did manage to catch the attention of the two boys who were busy chattering to themselves. The pale skin guy moved a little bit to the right to make way for her, and she nodded in gratitude before she scurried over to a free table.

'How the hell am I supposed to strike a freaking conversation to them? Argh!' Sooyoung groaned, sipping her coffee in annoyance and winced in pain when the hot coffee burnt her tongue a little.

“Good. Nothing is going right. I'm screwed. Thanks, stupid Jackson.” She cussed and stared out of the window. She couldn't exactly just approach those two guys and said, "Hey, are you from EXO? If you are, can you tell me more about your gang? I would love to know to put you guys in jail." And she might be lucky if they decided not to burn her alive or throw her into Han river.

At that moment, the cafe door chimed as another customer came in, Sooyoung didn't think much of it until she heard a familiar sound. The sound of a gun being shot. While others cowered and screamed in fear, Sooyoung stood up with her eyes widened in surprise. Someone was shooting in the broad daylight in a freaking crowded cafe, what had the world come to? Her hand instinctively reached to the back of her jeans' pocket until she realised that she was no longer a police officer for now. She was disguised as a normal civilian. She cussed in anger, not knowing what to do in this situation. 

Just as she was about to whip out her phone to dial the police, especially Jackson, she heard the sound of a mocking snarl, “Ah, ah, not so fast, pretty.” Sooyoung realised that more armed people had came into the cafe and she now had a gun pointed to her head. Everyone gasped in surprise but Sooyoung was surprisingly calm. After all, she had dealt with many gangsters or mobsters that had tried to harm her life before. This was nothing.

“Now put the phone on the floor.” He demanded. And she complied. She couldn't risk any

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter