Story #2 : B - Be Mine

A Song For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been 2 months since Hara confessed her love to Wooyoung and they have been dating since then. Everything seemed to be all right and they were so happy together. Wooyoung had treated Hara so well during those 2 months. Gyuri, Seungyeon and Youngji were extremely happy to see Hara finally found her true love.

The 2 months holiday seemed to be so short and the school has been operating as usual again. Hara and the girls were kind of disappointed about that, but well, they couldn’t do anything about it anyway.

Hara and the girls started to walk to school again. But this time, their boyfriends (Gyuri’s and Youngji’s) were there to accompany their lovely girlfriend. Unfortunately for Hara, Wooyoung wasn’t there to accompany her since he had just entered college.

 

 

Everyone started to get all busy with their own lives. The environment was totally different. Everything seemed to be so close yet so far. Sometimes, just sometimes, couples started to call less, couples started to message less, couples started to meet less and couples started to doubting each other. That was what happened to Hara and Wooyoung.

“Baby please, I swear I have no feeling at her at all! I’m not cheating on you. Why didn’t you believe me?!” She heard the guy on the other line said. He sighed. “Where did you get the idea of me liking her anyway?”

“I heard people-” She hasn’t finish talking when he cut her off.

“So you would believe what people said rather than your boyfriend?” He sighed for the nth time that night.

“Hara-ah. Listen. I’m so tired right now. I just got home and I really really need a rest.” He said. He then heard a sobbing sound on the other line. He sighed again.

“Hara-ah.” When he heard nothing from the other line, he called her again. “Hara-ah.”

“Mhmm.” Hara swiped her tears with her sweater.

“I’m so sorry for making you feel insecure.”

Silence.

“I know we were both busy with our own stuffs that we started to become so distance. I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay. I understand.”

“I’m so sorry Hara-ah. I’m going to get some rest. I love you.” The call ended.

“I love you too.” She said, more like whispering. She cried all her heart that night.

 

 

The next morning, Hara woke up to the sound of ‘Kara’s CUPID’ blaring inside her room. She sat up and went to her bathroom. She stood in front of the mirror and looked at herself. Her face was pale, her eyes were swollen. She sighed. She quickly took her bath and got dressed.

Hara put on her shoes and went outside. She opened her mailbox, expecting a letter addressed to her but all she saw was a carton of Strawberry Milk inside it. It was her favourite. Who would put it in here? She had never subscribed for any Strawberry Milk before, she thought.

She looked around her. Nope. No one was there. She’s the only one at that floor at the moment. She hesitantly took out the milk from her mailbox. There was a note attached to it.

‘Don’t walk the hard path, it wasn’t easy for you.’

 

 

Youngji and Mark were walking to school together. Hand in hand. Fingers linked. They really can’t hide the smile that plastered on their face. The feeling was just right.

‘Ah~ It feels so good like this. It was a good move to confess to him.’ Youngji thought.

When they reached school, Mark sent off Youngji to her class. He gave her his breathtaking smile that she likes the most.

“Urm well, see you after school then.” Mark kissed Youngji’s forehead. “Jagi.”

“O-okay.” Youngji blushed. Mark his heels and went to his class.

Youngji went inside her class. Her face was totally red. Gyuri and Seungyeon went to her side.

“Kyaa!! I didn’t know that cold hearted Mark Tuan can be so sweet like that! How did you tame him?”

“Yah unnie! Stop teasing me!” Youngji shoved Gyuri aside.

The girls stopped whatever they were doing when they saw a really pale Hara entered the class. They quickly went to her.

“Hara-ah. What happened?” Seungyeon asked Hara. “Are you sick?” Hara silenced. Seungyeon looked at Gyuri and Youngji, asking for their help.

Gyuri put her right hand on Hara’s forehead. “Nope, she doesn’t have a fever.” She said while looking at Seungyeon and Youngji.

“Hara unnie. What’s wrong?” It was Youngji. She was at the urge of crying.

“It’s nothing. I don’t feel like to talk about it now.” Hara sighed. “Later.”

The other three looked at each other. The teacher entered the class. Youngji, Seungyeon and Gyuri respectively went to their own table.

 

 

It has been a week since the fight with Wooyoung but Hara still didn’t explain anything to her friends since then and it was making them damn worried. They had never seen the cheeky Hara become so depressed like this.

In that one week also, Hara kept getting Strawberry Milk each day with different kind of notes. There was one note saying, ‘I will take responsibility for you till the end.’ Hara was wondering who the heck this guy was, but she had no idea at all. Could it be one of her neighbour or something?

 

 

It was one Sunday morning. Youngji was sitting on a swing at the playground. She was supposed to meet Mark today, to have their second date since the one they had at the cafe after Mark went back from L.A. But something came up; Mark had to cancel their date last minute. Youngji was kind of upset but what she can do about it anyway. She was thinking about what had happened around her lately when a small rock landed perfectly on her head.

“Ouch!” she touched her head. She then heard a very familiar laughing sound nearby. “Yah Wang Jackson!” She glared at the said guy.

“HAHAHAH! You should’ve seen your face!” Jackson went out from his hiding place and walked towards her. “Yah! What are you doing here all alone? Oh wait! Did you-” He faked a gasp. “Did you just-”

“I’m not! I’m not breaking up with Mark! Something came up. He just cancelled our date for today but he is really not breaking up with me!” Jackson laughed his hyena laugh. “What- what were you doing behind the bushed anyway? Oh wait, how come I did not notice that you were hiding behind there before? Is it because the bushes are quite tall or you’re just simply short?”

Jackson glared at her. He his heels and walked away.

“I- I didn’t mean it! Yah Wang Jackson! I really didn’t mean it!” Youngji chased after him.

‘Haish. I already knew he was very sensitive about his height. I really shouldn’t have said that! Babo Youngji babo!’ she thought. ‘How can he walk that fast anyway?!’ she ran to him while calling him for thousandth times.

“Yah Wang Jackson. I’m so sorry! I really didn’t mean to-” she was met with Jackson’s firm back. “Yeay you stopped! You’re not angry right? Don’t be angry neh? Please....” she hugged his arm.

When she got no respond, she looked up at him. He seemed to look at something in front of him. Youngji looked at the thing that made Jackson so shocked. But before she could do so, Jackson was fast enough to turn her around and awkwardly say, “Hey- hey! I know you were joking just now. I wasn’t angry or anything. I- I was just playing around with you. Yeah, I was just playing around-”

Youngji is not stupid. At least when she was with Jackson, she is really not stupid. She had known Jackson since forever to know that he was hiding something. He was just not good in lying anyway. She pushed him aside and she could see ahead her, was a couple kissing passionately under the tree. It wasn’t because of the bold action made by the couple that surprised her. It was because the guy, who was kissing the girl, is her best friend’s boyfriend. How could he kiss another girl while her best friend was currently having a mental breakdown?! Youngji curled her small hand into a fist. She was about to make a step towards the kissing couple but she was stopped by a pair of strong arms.

“Let’s just go back! Punching him in the face would never be the best solution.” Jackson grabbed Youngji’s hand, and they walked home.

 

 

Youngji really couldn’t stay still anymore. She needs to tell Hara about this. She doesn’t want her favourite unnie to be so lifeless like this. Hara needs to know the real thing! Yes she should!

Youngji fished out her phone from her pocket and texted Gyuri and Seungyeon.

So when the bell rang, showing that the school has just ended, the girls quickly packed their stuffs and surrounded around Hara’s table. Hara was kind of shocked with them. Youngji then snatched Hara’s backpack from Hara’s grip while Gyuri and Seungyeon dragged Hara towards their favourite cafe.

“Hara! We had enough of this already! So please spill the bean, like right now!” Gyuri was furious. She and Seungyeon were sitting across Hara while Youngji sat at the table beside them. Hara looked down and didn’t say anything.

“Hara please..” Seungyeon pleaded her. Youngji on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter