Story #4 : D - Daring Woman

A Song For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Alright kids. This is your head student, Im Jaebum. I’m the one who is in charge to take care of you throughout your orientation week.”

“Im Jaebum oppa?!” a girl shouted suddenly. All eyes were on her. Jaebum too was looking at her, stunned by her bold behaviour. She walked closer to him. He swore her eyes were glittering. “You’re Im Jaebum as in that Jaebum oppa who used to be my saviour, am I right?”

“Excuse me??” Jaebum just couldn’t believe this girl.

 

 

When Jaebum finished talking, all of his friends burst out laughing. The 6 of them were hanging out at the roof after school. Mark was the only one who was not there. He entered college already.

Jaebum just told the boys about the girl who had embarrassed him in front of hundreds people this morning. Jaebum still couldn’t figure out where the heck the girl got an idea saying that he was her saviour. He didn’t remember he ever save anyone before.

“Hyung! Maybe you had saved the girl in your previous life before you reincarnated as a high school boy, who knows.” It was Bambam.

“YAH! I told you I was not reincarnated!”

“But you really are like an old man. You are grumpy like my grandpa.” Bambam shrugged.

“Yah!” Jaebum was about to hit Bambam but was stopped by Jinyoung.

“Jaebum-ah, you sure you haven’t seen the girl before?” Jaebum looked at Jinyoung. He nodded. “What was her name again?”

“Dahyun. Kim Dahyun.” Jaebum said.

“But hyung! You said she seemed to be excited seeing you. Your childhood friend perhaps?” Yugyeom asked. Jaebum shook his head.

“Your neighbour?” it was Youngjae this time. Jaebum shook his head again.

“Your ex-girlfriend?”

“What the heck Jackson!” Jaebum glared at the said guy. Jackson laughed and high-fived both Yugyeom and Bambam. The others laughed along with him. “Ah  I don’t know! But for sure, my senior year in high school have ruined already.”

 

 

It was weekend. Jaebum just got back from hanging out with the boys. He frowned when he saw a pair of unfamiliar shoes at the front door.

“I’m home!” he shouted. It seemed like nobody had heard him. He went to the living room and saw nobody. “What the- I thought there’s a guest or something-”

He hasn’t done mumbling when he heard a loud shriek from his sister’s room. He quickly ran to her room.

“Yah Im Nayeon! What’s wro-” he opened the door and getting shocked of what he saw.

“Kyaa! So you study at oppa’s sch- Oh oppa, you’re back?” Nayeon greeted her brother. There was another girl inside Nayeon’s room. Nayeon looked at the girl and at his brother.

“Ah oppa. You probably remember her! I just met her at the store just now. It's Dahyunie! She just moved here early this year!” She said excitedly. The other girl just grinned beside her.

Looking at how her brother was standing still and saying nothing, she added. “Eagle Girl? Don’t you remember? We used to play together and you saved her when she drowned into the pool at your 7th birthday party!”

The realization hit him like a bulldozer.

 

 

Eagle girl.

How could he forget about her? Little Im Jaebum was never good with people especially girls. But Kim Dahyun wasn't one of the 'Girls'.

He didn’t know why but from the first time he saw her, he had the urged to keep her in his arm and he really wanted to protect her. He was 7 at that time while she was 5. Her family just moved to the house next to his. His mom invited the family over to his house to get to know each other well.

At first, little Jaebum didn't like the idea of some strangers came to his house, but seeing a really cute little girl who was holding a cute eagle plushy entered his house, he changed his mind.

Jaebum hate it when people touch his toys, not even his little sister. But when little Dahyun pointed to his toys and started to ask for it, he immediately give them to her without hesitation.

During his 7th birthday party, there were a lot of people who came to his house. The house was so packed with children running here and there. A little Dahyun was so busy playing with water near the pool. She put her hands inside the pool and splashed water to the birthday boy who was squatting beside her. Suddenly, there were two kids running towards their direction and accidently bumped into Dahyun. Before Jaebum could hold her from falling, she already fell into the pool.

Little Dahyun can't swim. She helplessly screamed for help. Despite being shocked, little Jaebum quickly drowned into the pool and save her. But since he wasn't that strong, he couldn't lift her. He was getting tired. Fortunately his father was quick enough to get into the pool and carried them out of it.

Since then, all Dahyun wanted when she grown up is to get married with her Jaebum oppa. And it seemed like Jaebum has no problem with it anyway. Dahyun was such a cutie pie and there was no way Jaebum would reject her.

Their relationship didn't last that long though. At the end of the year, Mr. Im was offered a job somewhere around Seoul city. He also got offered a big bungalow located near his new office. Mr. Im said it will be great to celebrate New Year’s at their new house so on the New Years Eve, they moved out.

They had moved out 10 years ago and that was the last time Jaebum met Dahyun.

 

 

Jaebum was eating with his friends when Dahyun came to their table. Jackson choked on his food seeing her casually sit beside him. Jaebum who was busy munching his food didn’t realize her presence yet. Just when she started to talk, he too choked on his food like Jackson.

“Ahh oppa. I never know watching you eat can be so interesting.” She put her head on her palms.

The other boys were holding their laugh. Jaebum sent death glares to them.

“Oh oppa! You really love eating don’t you?” She asked. He emotionlessly looked at her. “Do you want me to buy you some foods? Ah wait! Let me treat you lunch for today! See you after school!”

And by that, she went away. The boys shrieked with laughter.

“WOAH! A DATE! Jaebum got a date!”

“Shut up Jackson!” Jaebum was about to hit Jackson but he was one second late because someone already hit Jackson for him.

“Ow!” Jackson groaned in pain. “What the heck Youngji?!”

“Yah Wang! You’re too noisy!” she said to him. Jaebum gave her thumbs up and mouthed ‘Thank you’ to her which she replied with a silent laugh of her.

Youngji stopped laughing and turned to look at the Jaebum. “By the way, Mark asked me to ask you guys if I can tag along with you to your hangout session this evening. Is it okay?”

“No! Just go there by yourself!” Jackson shouted at her. Youngji glared at him. “And why are you only asked Jaebum and not me or Jinyoung or Bambam or Youngjae or Yugyeom? You’re being biased! It’s not like he’s going anyway.”

“Eh why? You not going?” she asked Jaebum.

“He got a date with his pretty childhood friend. Ahh I’m envy.” Jackson already answered her question for Jaebum even before Jaebum can’t even say a thing. Jaebum hit the back of Jackson’s head. “Ow! Why are you guys hitting me today?”

Youngji looked at Jackson. Her eyes squinted.

“What?”

“So you’re saying you don’t have a pretty childhood friend huh?”

“N- no! When did I say that?” he startled. He swore he could hear Bambam said something like “Uh-oh. Yugyeom go get some popcorn! The drama has just started!”. He just glared at the cute boy.

“So you’re saying that I’m not pretty?” Youngji has her arms crossed over her chest.

“No I’m not! You’re pretty!”

“Ah forget it! Don’t talk to me.” Youngji rolle

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter