Jongin/Minseok

Advent Drabbles 2k15

Pair: fem!Jongin/fem!Minseok
Rating: PG13
Prompt: jungah meeting her long time crush at a friends party and she finally confesses

 

Jungah is not feeling the confidence tonight.

She’s been given no less than four different pep talks in the last hour, each one urging her to be confident.  And each talk had left her floundering because Jungah, while confident in some things, is not confident when it comes to telling someone she’s been crushing on them for months.  Jungah thinks the pep talks might have actually made her nerves worse.

She’s sitting awkwardly on the couch, squished against the edge because Kyungsoon, her best friend, is bordering on indecent with her boyfriend Joonmyun on the rest of the couch.  Jungah tries not to look, focusing on all the people gathered in the house for the party.  She’s never been one to socialize when forced and parties are fun when she doesn’t have a stomach full of butterflies all trying to compete for which one is going to make her throw up.

She knows most of the people here, at least on an acquaintance level, and somehow that doesn’t put her nerves at ease.  It kinda makes it worse.  If she makes a fool of herself tonight, they’ll all be there to witness it.

Jungah thinks it’s probably best that she put it off for some other time - like never.  It’s not as if someone as breathtakingly gorgeous and kind as Minseon would ever want to be tied to Jungah anyway.  She’s too bright, always the center of attention without trying and Jungah is more of the wallflower variety.  When they first met, Jungah was starstruck by Minseon and that feeling has faded into a crush that Jungah can’t seem to shake.

“There you are!” someone exclaims and Jungah jolts.  There’s a pair of legs in front of her.  Jungah’s eyes track up shapely calves to a pair of cut-off denim shorts, then over a t-shirt with a splash of color on the front, and all the way to the face of the last person she’d expected to seek her out.

“Minseon,” Jungah breathes, trying to put on a smile that doesn’t look forced.  She probably fails.  Beside her, Kyungsoon knocks against Jungah and she shudders, grimacing at the pair encroaching on her.

“You look like you could use a rescue,” Minseon laughs, holding out a hand.

Jungah swallows before taking Minseon’s hand, letting the other girl help pull her off the couch.  Kyungsoon and Joonmyun immediately fill the space, their mouths attached with no signs of stopping.  Jungah rolls her eyes at them.

“Thanks,” Jungah says, highly aware that Minseon isn’t letting go of her hand.

“My pleasure,” Minseon replies with a smile.  And yep, there goes Jungah’s stomach.  Minseon is too radiant and Jungah just wants to touch her.  All over.  “So I’ve had about a dozen people tell me you wanted to talk to me?”

Jungah promptly freezes in fear.

“Come on, I’m sure we can find somewhere quieter than this.”

Jungah doesn’t have the ability to protest when Minseon tugs her along, their hands still connected.  Jungah feels faint and the panic that swells in her chest threatens to overtake her when Minseon leads her right into an empty bedroom.

“So . . . what did you want to say?”

Minseon’s head is tilted, her ponytail swaying with the movement.  Jungah, however, is focused on Minseon’s pink lips that look so temptingly soft.

“Jungah?”

Jungah’s brain might be short-circuiting.  She doesn’t know how to react to such a visual assault.  Jungah isn’t prepared for this and she opens to excuse herself, but that’s not what comes out.  Not at all.  Jungah gasps, both hands clapping over and her eyes wide because she can’t believe what just slipped out of her.

Minseon looks just as surprised, open in shock.  “You what?” she asks, blinking at Jungah, but not running away, which is unexpected.

“I didn’t mean to say that,” Jungah gets out in a rush.

Minseon doesn’t appear ruffled, stepping toward Jungah with a confident in her features that Jungah could never have.  “You didn’t mean to say it, but did you mean what you said?”

Jungah feels like she’s being challenged and she can be quite stubborn when confronted.  She’s already put her foot in , so she might as well see her way through this to the end.  “Yes,” she confesses.  “But I don’t just want you to sit on my face.”  She feels herself blushing, but there’s no stopping now.  “I really like you and I’ve been trying to figure out how to ask you out, but I, um - I kinda screwed it up I guess.”

“I don’t know,” Minseon answers, sliding forward until she’s right in Jungah’s personal space.  “It sounds very appealing to me.”

Jungah stares at her.  “Which part?”

Minseok her lips and leans in enough for Jungah to feel her body heat.  “All of it.”

Jungah whimpers a little, swallowing nervously.

“We can save the face sitting for later, though,” Minseon adds.  “I’d like to take you on a date first.”

“Seriously?” Jungah squeaks.  She hates how eager she sounds, but Minseon.

Minseok ruffles Jungah’s hair and Jungah thinks she could probably fly right now.  “Come on,” Minseon laughs.  “Let’s get you something to drink before Seulgi comes knocking to see who’s in here.  I don’t feel like dying today.”

Minseon takes Jungah’s hand again and this time, Jungah squeezes and keeps close to her.  Tonight was a great night after all.