Kyungsoo/Chanyeol

Advent Drabbles 2k15

Pair: Kyungsoo/fem!Chanyeol
Rating: PG
Warning: female Chanyeol
Prompt: Chansoo doing something Christmas related together please.

 

Chanmi looks ridiculous.  She’s managed to embody the spirit of Christmas with her fluffy red sweater that has white pompoms hanging off the bottom, white skirt and candy cane striped stockings to match.  She’s accessorized the look with a necklace made of bells and earrings that look like Christmas lights now blinking in a different colors.  Overall, it’s ridiculous.  It’s astonishing how ridiculous it looks, really.

Kyungsoo tries so hard to keep his face neutral, but no matter how ridiculous Chanmi appears, her enthusiasm leaves his heart beating a little faster, his adoration for her sinking a little deeper into his soul.  She is an absolute beacon of light, always refusing to let anything get her down and she makes it a point to find the joy in everything.  She is everything Kyungsoo is not, and Kyungsoo is still sometimes surprised that she’d ever want someone as bland as he is.

Kyungsoo knows Chanmi is waiting for him to tell her to tone it down because she’s mentioned that past boyfriends have refused to go out in public with her all decked out, but Kyungsoo isn’t them.  He walks across her small living room, neatly dodging the boxes and boxes and boxes of Christmas decorations she’s still putting out.  Where is it all going to fit?

She’s wringing her hands, chewing on her red painted lower lip and Kyungsoo reaches out to take her hands, stilling her nervous movements so he can twine their fingers together.  “You look like a gift,” he croons, leaning in to drop a kiss on her neck, just beneath her ear.

Chanmi in a sharp breath, the tension visibly bleeding from her shoulders at Kyungsoo’s words.

“Just promise me no one is allowed to unwrap you except me.”

The sparkle returns to Chanmi’s eyes.  “I’ll have to check for your name on the the naughty list,” she teases, squeezing their linked hands before pulling away.  “Come on,” she says, head tilting so her earrings leave pink light splashed over her neck and jaw, “we’re going to be late.”

He watches for just a moment longer as Chanmi grabs her jacket, slipping it on easily and then going for her red and green scarf with the giant red pom poms that dangle from the ends.  He’s lucky to have her, lucky to have done something in his life that made her take notice of him.  It makes his chest constrict and the small box sitting in his pocket feels a little heavier.

There isn’t a single doubt in his mind, not even the hint of regret as he thinks about the question he’s going to be asking Chanmi before the evening is over.  He walks over to her, helping her wrestle one of her earrings free from her scarf before he’s kissing her softly again.  “Come on,” he urges.  “Your fans await.”

 


Kyungsoo isn’t quite sure how things have managed to spiral so madly out of control.  They’ve been at a holiday party for the last hour, bumping elbows with acquaintances and raising toasts with old friends just like Kyungsoo has done every year since he graduated.  He’d been trying to find the right pause in the festivities to whisk Chanmi out into the decorated backyard for privacy, but there was never the opportunity.

Now Kyungsoo finds himself slack jawed, standing under the mistletoe while gawking at Chanmi who is down on one knee in front of him.

How did this happen?  This isn’t how Kyungsoo planned it out at all.  He was going to stare up into Chanmi’s eyes - her beautiful eyes that sparkle with the lights from her earrings - and he was going to tell her how much she completed him and that he could never imagine his life without her always with him.  Instead, he’s looking down as Chanmi holds up a small box, a gold band glinting in the light as everyone around them gathers closer.

There is hushed conversation, and more than a few whistles, and Kyungsoo is shocked into inaction.

Of course Chanmi would propose to him before he could propose to her first.  It’s such a Chanmi thing to do that he really should have seen this coming.  The smallest of laughs escapes his mouth before he can stop himself.

The broad, confident grin that was on Chanmi’s face melts away and is replaced with uncertainty.  She’s uncomfortable, ready to  pull back as her brow furrows.  Kyungsoo knows she’s about to recoil and try to laugh it off, like it was a joke and she’s the punchline.  That’s the last thing Kyungsoo wants.  Before she can stand, Kyungsoo reaches into his pocket and pulls out the box he’s been carrying around for two months.

There’s surprise on Chanmi’s face, a soft gasp that no one save Kyungsoo can possibly hear.  With their audience blocked out, Kyungsoo lowers to one knee in front of her, holding up the ring he’d spent so long picking out for her.  “I’ll say yes if you do,” he teases, his heart fluttering nervously as it attempts to climb his throat.

Chanmi is an ugly crier, but the happy tears that well in her eyes are more beautiful than ever and Kyungsoo finds himself with his arms full, the both of them falling back on the floor.  She’s laughing and peppering kisses over his face that are bound to leave red imprints over his skin for the rest of the evening.

“Save it for the honeymoon!” someone calls out and Chanmi buries her head in Kyungsoo’s neck, her tears soaking through his sweater.

Kyungsoo can smell her perfume and he breathes her in deep, grinning as Chanmi keeps him pinned with her weight.  It’s a pleasant place to be and his hand fits naturally on the curve of her waist.  “You have to accept,” Kyungsoo laughs.  “Or we’ll both look like idiots.”

When Chanmi sits up, straddling Kyungsoo in her short skirt and those ridiculous tights, she’s beaming.  There is still a circle of people around them, including Joonmyun, Kyungsoo’s best friend of forever.  He looks oddly satisfied with himself.  Kyungsoo figures out rather quickly that Joonmyun knew what was going on.  He’d been the one to go ring hunting with Kyungsoo, but he was the least surprised when Chanmi popped the question first.

Kyungsoo will have to deal with him later; cutting all of Joonmyun’s precious silk ties in half ought to do the trick.

Right now, however, he’s fumbling to pull the ring from the box so he can slip it on Chanmi’s finger.  She’s staring down at him in wonder, devastating his heart with every happy sniffle and the way her lower lip is trembling as the ring fits perfectly on her finger.  It shines from the light, almost as bright as her eyes and Chanmi is grabbing for Kyungsoo’s hand too, laughing when she slides the ring on his finger to match.

Kyungsoo couldn’t care less that there are camera clicks ringing through the room because Chanmi’s reaction is worth preserving this memory forever even if they’re both on the floor.  He sits up, looping his arms around Chanmi’s waist to tuck her against his chest.  She kisses him, cupping his face as her head tilts.  “I love you so much,” she whispers against his lips.

Kyungsoo grins, holding her just a little tighter.  “I love you too.  Forever.”