Luhan/Minseok

Advent Drabbles 2k15

Pair: Luhan/Minseok
Rating: PG
Warning: fem!xiuhan
Prompt: girls xiuhan soccer rivals

 

Luhan braces herself for impact before it happens, her upper body tensed to catch someone else’s weight and her legs loose so they fall back without injuring either of them.  It’s familiar how arms wrap around her when they collide, chests pushed together and the air knocked from Luhan’s lungs when they go down.  Luhan’s head hits the ground and a burst of pain throbs through her skull.  It’s nothing that she can’t handle, especially when she can feel the heat of the other girl on top of her.

“Are you alright?” comes an almost panicked voice.

Luhan cracks open her eyes to see an angel on top of her, peering down with curious worry.  This particular fall wasn’t too bad.  Luhan’s definitely suffered worse.  The worst, however, is how hard she fell when she first met the girl whose face is so close to hers, her eyebrows furrowed as she waits for Luhan to answer.

All that comes out is a groan when Luhan opens .  She has to swallow, lifting her head a little to look down at where Minseok, the busty beauty squishing her into the ground, is still settled between her legs.  “I’m okay,” she forces out.

“Luhan!” her captain yells, jogging across the field.

To Luhan’s dismay, Minseok is lifting away, but she holds out a hand to aid Luhan off the ground.  She’s on her feet, a little wobbly but otherwise unharmed, by the time Joonmyun gets to her side.  Before Luhan can lunge for Minseok again, Minseok is jogging back toward her position and Luhan is faced with an angry captain.

“If you don’t stop purposely putting yourself in front of her, I’m pulling your off defense and making you play keeper.”

Luhan’s mouth drops open.  “You wouldn’t!”

“Try me,” Joonmyun seethes.  “Now get back to your position and stop giving them penalty shots.  They’re up by two because of your stupid crush.”

Luhan feels mildly apologetic.  She knows the rest of the team is focused on the game.  They’re playing their rivals today, which means everyone is primed to play their best.  It’s not Luhan’s fault that she’s distracted by Minseok; Luhan totally didn’t ask for the perfect girl to be created and put in front of her.  And yet there she is, pulling her socks back up as her ponytail sways in the breeze.

Luhan’s eyes are riveted on Minseok’s backside when the game starts again and she jolts into action.  This time, she won’t let her team down.  They can totally come back and win this.

 


They don’t win.

They manage to tie the game, but in the last two minutes, their rivals get another goal.  Minseok walks off the field with a hat trick and her team surrounding her with cheers.  Luhan is left with a scowl mostly because she’s not one of the people touching Minseok.

It’s a let down.  Her team looks exhausted and dirty, but they played well.  Joonmyun tells them that, even patting Luhan on the as they trudge to the locker rooms.  Joonmyun doesn’t say anything about Luhan’s mistakes because she’s too nice when she’s not mid-game.  Joonmyun on the field is terrifying; Joonmyun off the field is a marshmallow that Luhan leans off after they’re showered and heading out.

Joonmyun always treats them after games, no matter the result.  Tonight is no different.

It’s rather fortunate - for Luhan and Luhan alone - that their usual celebratory hangout is filled with their rival team members.  Luhan hears her teammates grumbling about it, but she pushes forward to see if a certain player is in attendance.  The restaurant is usually crowded anyway since it’s so close to campus, but it’s extra packed tonight.  They’re seated at their normal place - two tables pushed together so there’s space for them all.

To Luhan’s delight, the other team is beside them and she spies Minseok in the mix.

“Just ignore them,” Chanyeol grumbles under her breath when their rivals notice them.  “They want a reaction.”

Luhan couldn’t care less about the rivalry, to be completely honest.  Sure, she cared at one point, but then Minseok happened and Luhan thinks the competitive part of her brain kind of broke.  She just hunkers down in her seat, stealing glances at Minseok when she can and trying not to be too obvious about it.  Joonmyun elbows her a few times, sighing in exasperation when Luhan gives her the innocent look.

When Minseok gets up and heads towards the bathroom, Luhan realizes she has a rare chance to get her alone.  She gives it about thirty seconds before following.  Joonmyun totally isn’t fooled, but she doesn’t stop Luhan either.  Luhan thinks Joonmyun’s probably given up at this rate.

Luhan turns the corner and Minseok is standing there.  Waiting.

“Were you waiting for me?” Luhan asks in surprise when Minseok takes her arm and pulls her further out of view of everyone else.

“You’re kinda obvious.  I knew you’d follow me.”

Luhan blinks at her, dumbfounded.  

“Come on,” Minseok laughs, “we all know you’re a better player than your performance tonight.  You’re flawless in all your other games, but when you face off against me, you’re putty.”

“You seem pretty sure of yourself,” Luhan says.  There’s no accusation in her voice even if there was supposed to be.  She’s just so  . . . so . . . soft around Minseok.

“Are you going to tell me I’m wrong?”

“If I say you’re right, will you go on a date with me?” Luhan tries, tipping toward Minseok with a smile.

Minseok smiles back at her and steps forward.  Luhan can’t breathe.  Minseok is right there and she’s so gorgeous and perfect and oh god Luhan wants to kiss her.  When Minseok leans in, Luhan freezes.  She’s expecting the press of Minseok’s lips, but Minseok’s cheek brushes against Luhan’s instead.

“Win the next game against us and I’ll let you take me out,” Minseok whispers in Luhan’s ear.  “Until then, enjoy your meal.”

Minseok leaves Luhan standing there, staring at the door to the women’s bathroom with a dumb look on her face.  It takes a moment for her head to clear and her heart to start pounding.  Minseok’s words finally sink in and Luhan is filled with a new purpose.  Next game, Minseok is going down.