Epilogue

Ferris Wheel

This is long overdue. I'm sorry guys. I think it's longer than the other chapters so have fun! Also, a warning, things get just a little heated. It's not completely despcritive but it still made my beta blush so... read at your own risk lol. Anywho, I'll say everything else I need to at the end. Enjoy ^.^

 

 Tao’s mornings usually don’t start like this.

 

His mornings usually consisted of opening heavy eyelids and dragging himself out of bed, regretting that he ever woke up. He would walk sluggishly to the bathroom and look in the mirror, looking back at red eyes and a tired face, almost as if he was just an empty shell. He would splash cold water on his face so as not to alarm Boxuan to his state when he wakes her up. The rest of his day would drag on, neverending, until he finally arrives home to cry once again and fall asleep in the middle of it. These days would cycle itself for months.

 

Other mornings, Tao would be shaken awake by Boxuan. She would tell him that he was supposed to wake her up 10 minutes ago to start getting her ready for school and walk her like he always does. On these days, Tao tries his best to not look deflated for Boxuan. He would joke and laugh with her on their way to school just to give off a sense that he was at least functioning and able around Boxuan. In the end, he always gives her a kiss on the forehead and waves goodbye as Boxuan waves as well, walking into school, smiling. Then his afternoon usually consisted of him working in his studio on new songs, or filming for commercials or shows he’s starring in. His nights would end the same way, crying until he falls asleep.

 

So, Tao is not used to the sight he sees in the mornings more often now. A sight he always dreamed about.

 

Usually he wakes up to an empty ceiling and feeling for the cold side of his bed, hoping his hand would be stopped by a warm and hard chest. A chest he was so familiar with before everything happened and ever since, he missed.

 

He’s definitely not used to seeing the owner of said chest sleeping soundly, facing him, mouth wide open with slight drool on the corner of his lips. One of this man’s hands holds Boxuan who had her head buried deep in his neck and seeming to be in the deepest sleep Tao has ever seen her in, and the man’s other hand cupping Tao’s face.

 

Most of all, Tao is definitely not used to his heart feeling warm every time he wakes up now. He’s not used to seeing his boyfriend laying there, holding his daughter so tightly and protectively while snoring occasionally.

 

These mornings Tao never moves from the bed. He stays there to watch Kris and Boxuan sleep soundly. Tao would smile, thinking about how this came to happen and how much his life has changed since. He definitely smiles more often now. He loves that he gets to kiss his daughter and boyfriend in the mornings in front of everyone and not have a care in the world. Everything seems perfect now and he wouldn’t want it any other way.

 

So, when he woke up to this exact sight in the morning, he couldn’t help but smile and stare as he always does. But this time, Tao leaned over to Boxuan and gave her a kiss on the cheek and moved toward Kris’s forehead. Tao’s mission was rudely interrupted by Kris grumbling and closing his mouth, usually a sign that Kris is about to wake up. In a rush, Tao settled down to where he was sleeping before and closed his eyes.

 

He listened for Kris as he felt the bed moving. He heard Boxuan make a noise before he heard Kris’s sleep ridden voice say “It’s okay Boxuan. I’m only going to make breakfast. Go back to sleep for now. I’ll come back to wake you up.”

 

“But Boxuan needs Kris so she can sleep,” Boxuan whispered.

 

“You still have Zitao right there. I’ll be back cutie, I promise,” Kris chuckled and moved Boxuan so she can cling onto Tao, her arms wrapping around Tao’s neck. For a while, there was nothing. There was no movement and there was silence, so Tao took that as a sign that he can open his eyes. Fortunately, he was interrupted when he heard “I love you so much, my love” and a sudden kiss was placed on Tao’s forehead.

 

Tao tried not to smile or move until he heard the door to the room close. He slowly opened his eyes and looked around the room to make sure Kris was gone before he grinned so wide he thought his jaw would come off. Luckily it was a day where Boxuan didn’t have school and Kris and Tao didn’t have to be anywhere important. Tao thought how he could embarrass his boyfriend while he carefully unwrapped Boxuan’s arms from his neck and quickly replaced himself with a pillow so Boxuan wouldn’t wake up.

 

He quietly made his way to the bathroom to brush his teeth. Tao tousled his hair as he looked in the mirror, but he didn’t bother fixing it because he knew Kris loved his bed hair.

 

Tao then tiptoed into the kitchen, careful not to make the floorboards creak underneath him. He stopped at the doorframe of the kitchen to see a shirtless Kris standing at the counter, mixing something in a bowl. He took a moment to take in the sights of Kris’s back muscles moving perfectly and how much he wanted nothing but to run his fingers along those muscles.

 

But Tao’s mischievous nature always came out the winner in the end.

 

So, Tao made sure to not make any noise as he walked toward an unaware Kris. A sly smile creeped onto Tao’s face before he wrapped his arms around Kris’s waist, who jumped and cursed.

 

“I would say that’s not how you greet your love in the morning but this wasn’t your greeting, now was it?” Kris stiffened and stood silent for a minute, trying to decipher exactly what Tao meant.

 

“. Did you hear me in the morning?”

 

“Why of course I did, my love.”

 

“Is there any chance to convince you that what I said was meant for Boxuan?”

 

“Not a chance. Considering you kissed my forehead afterwards and you just confirmed it.”

 

“Well . Oh well. You already know that I love you anyway.”

 

“True. But isn’t there something you want to confess to me?”

 

“I’m not a hundred percent sure with what you’re implying. Care to explain?”

 

“Well there was a stretch of silence between you moving Boxuan and saying what you said to me. You were staring at me sleep, weren’t you?”

 

“Well I guess you weren’t technically sleeping since you know I moved Boxuan.”

 

“Hm so you’re not denying it then?”

 

“I… um…”

 

“Gotcha.” Tao bit down on Kris’s neck and in response recieved a gasp that didn’t sound like he was in pain. “Hm? What happened Kris? Did a cat bite your tongue?” Tao slowly made his way to Kris’s ear, making sure his lips ghosted over Kris’s neck on the way. He then whispered into Kris’s ear, “Or is your morning taking a path you didn’t expect?” Tao then bit Kris’s ear which elicited a moan instead of a gasp.

 

“Two can play at this game, Zitao.” And with that Kris turned in Tao’s arms and roughly pushed him up against the island counter. Kris placed his hands on either side of Tao making sure Tao couldn’t escape even if he wanted to. Kris immediately connected his lips to Tao’s neck, making sure to on the skin and lightly bite it so he can hear the moans he finds so beautiful come out of the mouth of the person he finds so beautiful.

 

Tao desperately clung onto Kris as he kept biting and on his neck, almost on the verge of leaving multiple dark purple marks. Tao at first held onto Kris’s forearms, failing miserably to hold back his moans, his hands eventually made their way to Kris’s back, his fingernails digging into the flesh under his fingertips. His back ached, the island counter beginning to make bruises, something Tao didn’t quite mind.

 

Kris moved in between Tao’s legs, one of Kris’s legs in between Tao’s, knee pushing up on Tao. Kris’s hands roamed over Tao’s bare chest, making sure to leave goosebumps all over Tao. His hands found their way to Tao’s lower back, following the path from there to his thighs. Kris lifted Tao, making him gasp in surprise. Tao’s legs wrapped around Kris’s waist and his hands around Kris’s neck as Kris finally separated himself from Tao’s neck. He admired his work on Tao’s neck, smirking as he saw the trail of marks leading to an enticing collarbone. His eyes went back up the trail to see Tao’s lips slightly parted, still panting for air.

 

“What happened Zitao? Did a cat bite your tongue?”

 

“Hardly. You’ll have to try harder.”

 

“I gladly accept that challenge,” Kris said as he met Tao’s lips. He sat Tao on the edge of the island counter, squeezing Tao’s thighs, making Tao moan into the heated kiss. Kris rolled his hips against Tao, this time making him break the kiss to throw his head back with a moan. Kris immediately attached his lips to Tao’s neck once again, this time trailing down past Tao’s collarbone to his chest and stomach. Kris continued his trail of marks, Tao gripping hard onto Kris’s shoulders, until Kris reached Tao’s waistband.

 

His mouth lifted off of Tao to ghost over the thin boxers Tao had on. Tao’s breath hitched, watching Kris in between his legs, his fingers entangling themselves in Kris’s hair. Kris went past his boxers, and instead travelled along the top of Tao’s thighs, but on his way back, Kris resorted to Tao’s soft inner thigh. He wanted nothing more than to mark up his legs as well. He wanted to see proof of himself all over Tao, but most of all, he wanted to hear the moans and sighs more often from Tao. Kris bit and on every piece of skin Tao’s inner thigh had to offer. He inched closer and closer to Tao’s boxers. Once he made it to the fabric, he moved it up the heated thigh, slowly moving toward a more desirable place. Each time Kris made it closer, Tao moaned louder, opening his thighs even further so Kris can have better access. That is, until a noise made both of the males freeze.

 

Creak

 

“,” they both whispered as they looked each other in the eye. Immediately, Tao jumped off the island counter and quickly walked to the doorframe of the kitchen while Kris on his teeth and turned to the bowl he was mixing before.

 

There, in the hallway, Tao saw Boxuan, lazily rubbing her eyes and stumbling over her feet while holding on to the pillow Tao had replaced himself with. Tao giggled while looking at her, finding it adorable. He walked to her and picked her up, holding her like a princess.

 

“Daddy?”

 

“Yes Boxuan?”

 

“Why was no one with Boxuan? Boxuan thought she was snuggled up against daddy but when Boxuan woke up daddy wasn’t there.”

 

“Oh don’t worry, Boxuan. I woke up before you and I had wanted to see where Kris went, that’s all.”

 

“Oh. Kris said he wanted to make breakfast. Is Kris in the kitchen?”

 

“He definitely is, Boxuan. We’ll go to him now.”

 

Boxuan buried her face in Tao’s neck while he walked back to the kitchen. Once inside, Boxuan lifted her head so she can see Kris.

 

“Daddy!” Kris stood still and continued mixing but after a stretch of silence, he turned around with a confused and shocked look on his face.

 

“Good morning cutie.” Kris leaned down to give Boxuan a kiss on the cheek, who giggled and covered . “Why did you call me daddy? Isn’t Zitao your daddy?”

 

“Boxuan had a scary dream. The dream had both of my daddies in it. But Boxuan didn’t call Kris daddy and both of my daddies cried. Dream Kris said he was sad that Boxuan doesn’t call him daddy so Boxuan decided to call Kris daddy too. Kris is my daddy and Tao is my daddy too cuz Kris takes care of me a lot, just like daddy!”

 

“God you’re so cute. Zitao, I might actually run away with her.”

 

“I won’t let you run away. You’re staying here and so is Boxuan,” Tao replied with a stern voice.

 

“Alright alright. Don’t get too upset now I was only joking. I would’ve taken you with me as well. But you know, Boxuan, it’ll get confusing if you call both of us daddy. Maybe you only want Zitao but I come instead. What will you do about that?”

 

“Hmmm Boxuan didn’t think of that.” All three of them stood in silence, thinking hard about what they should do about the new problem at hand. Suddenly, Boxuan jumps out of Tao’s arms, almost hurting herself, and raises her hand.

 

“Oh Boxuan knows! Boxuan knows!” She pointed at Kris and says, “this daddy will be Daddy Fan,” she then points at Tao and continues, “and this daddy will be Daddy Tao! Now you won’t be confused!”

 

“Very simple. I like it. You’re so cute Boxuan, you know that?” Kris pinched Boxuan’s cheeks before she slapped his hand away playfully.

 

“Yes Daddy Fan you tell Boxuan everyday that she’s cute.”

 

“Mhm and I’ll keep doing so. Even when you’re in your thirties. Ot forties. Or fifties. I won’t stop until I drop. Anyhow, who wants breakfast? This has been delayed for way too long.”

 

“You bet it has,” Tao said as he slowly brushed his fingers across Kris’ back, resulting in goosebumps to appear on Kris’ back.

 

“Let’s not forget why we had to stop a certain something before Boxuan came, Zitao.”

 

“I’m aware, Yifan. You and I both were enjoying it.”

 

“You will tonight.”

 

“Sounds like a threat.”

 

“Take it as one. That’s what I want.”

 

“Umm what?” Their bickering was stopped by a confused Boxuan.

 

“Don’t worry Boxuan. Yifan is just playing. Let’s wait for breakfast.” Tao took Boxuan’s hand and sat at the kitchen table. He gave Kris a playful smile.

 

“Playing my ,” Kris whispered as he pulled out a skillet to make Jian Bing, Tao’s favorite. He glanced sideways at Tao and Boxuan, becoming irritated at Tao’s mischievous smile.

 

Kris turned around to turn on the stove and buttered the skillet so he can pour out the mix and begin making his perfected crepes. As much as Kris was irritated with Tao’s smile from before, he can’t help but picture the smile while he watched the crepe sizzle. He loved that irritating smile. That smile would hold promises and memories, both old and new. That smile while they were both in EXO would tell Kris that Tao loves him, it would tell him that he would receive a secret kiss backstage when no one was around, and it would tell him of a secret promise for later on that night. That smile, even now, holds those things and more. Now, it holds the fact that they’ve been through tough times but yet they made it back here, with a daughter and their own home.

 

Tao’s smile reminds him of the times they would argue just like they did before, playfully but yet full of malice, neither meaning a thing that was said. They always had a mutual understanding between each other that reassured that despite what was said, deep down, they love each other. And that smile represents all of it. It represents their whole relationship even if an outsider wouldn’t understand why it does.

 

Kris flipped the crepe that seemed to be there for an eternity. He immediately turned to Tao and rushed toward him, resulting in startling Tao. Kris forcefully took Tao’s face in his hands and forced him to look into Kris’s eyes.

 

“Yifan? Are you okay? What happen-” Tao was cut off by Kris suddenly kissing him. Kris had hoped to show Tao everything he was thinking through this kiss, a kiss that was purely innocent compared to what they had been during before. It was gentle yet full of passion and full of love. When Kris finally separated from Tao, he pressed his forehead against Tao’s and looked at a flustered and red faced Tao.

 

“Cat got your tongue?”

 

“Oh get off of me,” Tao said as he pushed Kris away and looked away in embarrassment, “Pay attention to your damn Jian Bing, it’s been there so long I wouldn’t be surprised if they burned.”

 

“Whatever you say my love.” Tao became even redder, cursing Kris under his breath. It wasn’t until Boxuan pointed out something very important they had forgotten about, which would make Tao officially die and never return from his room.

 

“Daddy Tao?”

 

“Yea? What is it Boxuan?”

 

“Boxuan was really tired before so she didn’t notice. But now that she is not sleepy anymore, she wants to ask something to both Daddy Tao and Daddy Fan.”

 

“Go ahead Boxuan, don’t be afraid to ask.”

 

“Well… It’s just that… Boxuan noticed that Daddy Fan has scratches on his back.” Kris and Tao froze. Neither of them said anything. “Boxuan also noticed that Daddy Tao has weird purple marks all over him. They go down Daddy Tao starting from his neck. They’re even on his legs!” Boxuan shouted this as she pointed at Tao’s thighs. “Did Daddy Tao and Daddy Fan get in a really bad fight? Boxuan wants to know.”

 

When Kris turned back around to face Tao, he was met with a horrified face. Tao was wide eyed, face completely red, and his hands were gripping the ends of the table. Kris and Tao made eye contact, and that was when Tao bolted for the door to his room.

 

“Oh no. Did Boxuan say something wrong? Boxuan didn’t mean to Daddy Fan, she really didn’t.”

 

“Oh it’s okay Boxuan. Tao is just embarrassed. He gets like that sometimes. I’ll get him to come back out, don’t worry. For now, have the first Jian Bing. I’ll come back soon.” Kris placed Boxuan’s plate in front of her and gave her a kiss on her forehead before he went to the bedroom door. He tried to open the door, but it was locked. “Zitao? Zitao come on. Open the door. Please?” Eventually, the door opened, but Tao was a blur, running back to the bed to rebury his head in the sheets and pillows.

 

“I’m not coming back out just to let you know. I’m staying in here forever. This bed is soft. And comfortable,” Tao’s voice was muffled, but still audible.

 

“Come on. It’s just Boxuan. Plus, I’ve left a lot worse on you and she hasn’t seen that.” Kris quickly avoided a pillow that was thrown at him from the bed. “Alright I’ll stop joking around now, although I’m right. But listen, it’s not that bad. This just proves that we need to wear shirts now.” Yet another pillow was thrown at him, but this time Tao hit the target he wanted.

 

“You’re so insensitive.”

 

“I’m just playing, okay? I’ll stop, for real this time.” Kris made his way to where Tao was still under the covers. “Like I said, it’s just Boxuan. It doesn’t matter that she saw all of that. We could have easily lied our way through that.”

 

“It’s still embarrassing to have your own daughter see that stuff. It’s also embarrassing remembering when and how it happened.”

 

“And I love that about you.”

 

“What?”

 

“I said I love that about you.” Kris moved the sheets from Tao’s head and looked at his flushed pink face. “It’s cute that you still get embarrassed by that. I love seeing this face of yours. I love that you have so many sides to you. This morning you were like a sphinx trying to get its prey. Now, you’re like a cute lil panda bear. I love that you get embarrassed even when it’s just Boxuan. Like I said, it’s not that big of a deal.”

 

“I guess I did overreact. And stop telling me that I’m cute. That’s like saying a lion is cute.”

 

“But they are, aren’t they?”

 

“Yea I guess they can be.” Tao chuckled and finally looked at Kris, still with a slight blush to his face. “I’m sorry. Ugh I just… I don’t know what happened. I should be used to the fact that we do that stuff already and I just… am not.”

 

“That’s okay. I don’t think I ever want you to get used to it. I love the blushing and I especially love when you cover your face with your hands when I-”

 

“Alright that’s enough of that! I don’t need a play by play of another night we had!” Tao jumped out of bed, hand over his cheeks to cover yet another rising blush.


“Alright so let’s put on some indoor clothes and get back to Boxuan. She must be wondering what happened to us. Plus I still need to make Jian Bing for us.” With that, Kris and Tao changed and walked back, hand in hand, to the kitchen. They made up a lie that Tao had fallen when he got out of bed and Kris scratched himself by accident this morning to satiate Boxuan’s curiosity. Kris finally made Jian Bing for both him and Tao and they all spent the entire day at home, playing games and talking. Nothing could be  better for any of them. 

 

And the end! Yay! So I'm sorry it took like two months (I feel so bad for making you guys wait that long). Since June, I've run into problems with friends (I realized I need new ones throughout this summer), problems with exes, problems with my own emotions, and of course, depression. But I never forgot about you guys and I spent my times alone trying to write more of the epilogue so I can get it out. So days before school starts for me, I'm finally getting it out! EventhoughIdidnotdosummerhomeworklmao but now is thanks! Thank you to my beta, Nani, @bangtanekos and @nani-bot on instagram and @nani-bot on tumblr. She has been so patient and so dedicated to helping me with editing I love her so much! She has school right now and still spent the time reading through it! Finally, thank you to you guys! All the comments make me so happy. I reread them all the time. They were what kept me going to continue writing because I at least knew you guys wanted it. I love you all. And to anyone who's quiet and is too shy to comment, I love you guys too. I'm always way too shy lol so I understand. Thank you for having patience with me and for continuing reading this. Alright this is way too long so until next time! I might write another story, we'll see! Now I must catch up on my own subscriptions because I've been depriving myself of that until I got this out. Bye bye~~ ^.^