chap8

In Denial
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

WOOYOUNG'S POV

 

I freeze in my track.

 

There’s something familiar with what I am seeing right now. Rooftop. Taecyeon. With his favorite milk. And that nerd friend of So Eun. I shake my head in horror. No way. It doesn’t make any sense. What’s her name again?

 

Yoon… ri?

Yoon… mi?

Yong…mi? Yongmi. Yes, that’s the one.

 

I take a step back, not wanting to get caught. I peek in through the little crack of the door. It is too small that I can’t get a proper look with my poor vision. But I don’t dare to open it any wider, it might or might not make any squeaky noise.

 

I dont know, how would I know when I have never been up here before? There is no way I could hear from So Eun with this distance. But Taec is not moving closer to them, he seems bewildered as well. He is still only a few meters away from me.

 

Silence.

Nobody is talking or moving.

 

"Taec? What are you doing here?", unclear but I could hear So Eun's voice. Because Taecyeon is standing still, she raises her voice a little. I pray silently for Taecyeon not to move an inch from his spot.

 

"I… I come here often during recess", he stutters. So Eun doesnt response so he asks "What are you… two doing here?"

 

"Just... Nothing. We'll go now. Yongmi ah, let’s go", So Eun stands up and grabs Yongmi's hands. Taecyeon waves both of his hands, stopping So Eun and Yongmi from moving.

 

“No, please. I’ll go. Continue doing what you were doing”. He finishes his sentence in one breathe and the next thing I know he caught me standing behind the door.

 

"Wooyoung? What the heck are you doing here?".

 

I am a lil bit too nervous to answer. His eyes widened, and he looks like he is going to eat me alive.

 

"Were you eavesdropping?!"

 

"No! I-“, I stop as I Taec shot me a death glare. “Look, Taec we need to leave this place first. They might notice we’re still here”.

 

He nods and we walk in silence to the basketball court, the usual place for us to hang out during recess.

 

Except for Taecyeon.

Sometimes he comes and spend his time here, sometimes he just… disappears. No one knows.

 

I could see Minjun and Junho dribbling the ball and pass to each other alternately. I snort at the sight. If there is something both of them lack, it is playing basketball. There are a few guys who sit and watch them playing in frustration. I notice two or three person and they are the school representative for basketball club.

 

No one dares to play with Minjun and Junho. I chuckle, amused at how stupid they look while playing basketball.

 

“They seriously should stop embarrassing themselves”, Taecyeon suddenly speaks. We are now sitting on a bench under the shady tree.

“I know right”.

“So Woo, explain yourself”. I almost fell from the bench. He sounds dead serious. I have known him for years, and I have never seen him this serious. He is the most laidback person I know, he spreads positivity and a very humorous friend. He doesn’t get stressed easily, he never gets mad.

 

Wait… Once.

 

I have seen him exploded once. And that was when I broke up with his cousin, Chaemi. I close my eyes for a sec, just the thought of her is painful. I have been dying to ask Taec where has she been after both of them moved out from Ilsan, but Taec still lowkey hates me for what happened, I am afraid he might punch me just for asking about her so I decided to refrain myself from asking Chaemi’s whereabouts.

 

As I drown myself in the painful memories with Chaemi, Taec snaps his fingers in my face, bringing me back to the reality.

 

“The bell rang already. I’m leaving. Stop daydreaming, Wooyoung ah. Get back to your class”, he says and smiles.

 

It was awkward but enough to make me feel relieved.

 

******

 

 

“I still don’t understand this chapter, it is so damn hard my brain can’t process anything”, Minjun sighs, he put his left hand on the desk and rest his face on his palm, eyes fixed on Yongmi.

 

“But you have to try to understand it, or else you will suffer for next chapter. Both chapters are related”. Yongmi says, trying to motivate Minjun.

 

“Exactly, I don’t want

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter