chap4

In Denial
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

SO EUN’S POV

 

“Yongmi ah!”, Eunji whos sitting behind Yongmi calls her.

No response from Yongmi as shes so immersed in doing her homework. I push her elbow slightly and shes startled. “Wae?”

Eunji calls her again and Yongmi turns around.

 

“Where are you from again?”. I look at Yongmi who seems bewildered with Eunji’s question. I know how much she hates talking about it. Even to me, she never told me anything about her life before she transferred to this school. I guess she really hates her old school.

I turn around and raises my eyebrows at Eunji. “Why the sudden question?”.

 

Eunji looks at me in disbelief. Because I usually don’t interrupt other people’s conversation.

 

“Im just asking.. because-“,

“Ilsan. Why?”, Yongmi cuts her off.

“Which school did you attend?”.

“Eunji-" I was about to stop her when Yongmi touches my hand and nods. A sign she is okay to answer some questions. I sigh, patting her hand, I smile at her to encourage her.

“Ilsan Daejin High School. Why?”.

“Oh my god, what a small world! Then you might know the new transfer student!”, Eunji screams in excitement while clasping her hand together.

 

Yongmi’s face turns pale. I hold her hand and her hands become ice cold. I turn to Eunji and ask, “We have a new transfer student? From Ilsan? How did you know?”.

Grinning, she says “I went to the office and overheard the teachers’ conversation. And he was so cute!! Hes tall and hah he has super nice hair!!”.

"The transfer student...", Eunji continues, obviously unaware of Yongmi's situation.  "looks so familiar. I think he looks like someone from our school. But I dont know who". She tilts her head to the right, still trying to think of any possible candidates who looks like the new student.

 

All of sudden, Junho storms in the class through the back door, looking like he wants to kill someone. 

He comes to my desk. "So Eun ssi. I need you for a second", he sounds so... cold.

"Huh? Why? Only one period until recess. Cant you wait until recess?".

"No", short yet cold reply. I look deep in his eyes. Miserable. Uneasy. Something's off.

 

I nod. Looking back at Yongmi, I pat her shoulder. She smiles and says she is okay.

 

I get up and Junho immediately grabs my hand. Before we exit the back door, he stops abruptly and turns around to Eunji.

"Ya you, who sits behind Yongmi, he is not that good looking. No one could beat my handsomeness". Junho says in a serious voice before we leave the class.

Eunji looks shocked at first but then she stands up and drops open while her fingers pointing at Junho. I dont know what happens next as she is out of my sight.

 

He lets go of my hands when we arrived at the fish pool located near the field.

"What is it?", I ask calmly, eventhough I myself am dying to know whats eating Junho.

Silence. He is trying to breathe normally. Its been a long time since the last time I seen him this mad.

"Hey.. Are you okay?", I reach for his hands and squeeze them.

"Woo... Wooyoung.. Do you remember him?", he finally speaks.

I nod. "I do. Why?".

He doesnt answer. When Im still trying to think about why he is so mad, something comes into my mind.

 

No way...

 

I look back at Junho.

 

"Wooyoung... Is the new transfer student?".

 

He groans.

Bingo.

 

"Oh myyy...."

 

*******************************************************************************************************************

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter