Surprise! Part 3 (end)

Soulmates

Surprise part 3

 

Jiyong was suddenly blindfolded and dragged with his hands behind his back, trying to fight back in panic he was claimed when he heard a familiar voice, an unpleasant voice at that say, "Calm down hyung. You don't want your wife's soulmate to report back with any injuries now do you?" He cooed with an obvious mischievous tone underlying his words.

 

Jiyong scoffed at his threat but chose to do as told, knowing just how protective Taeyeon is of her loved ones and he wanted a happy Taeyeon when it came time to go on their honeymoon, although an angry Taeyeon was also tempting he wanted their honeymoon to be filled with love and romance. Soon he was forced to sit down on a chair with Baekhyun releasing his arms and untying his blindfold whispering "Enjoy the show." As he whipped his blindfold off in a grand gesture. 

 

Jiyong opened his eyes to see he was taken to the reception hall of their wedding with his friends and family along with Taeyeons as well filling the hall, a stage in front of him with the curtains being drawn to reveal his cute Taeyeon wearing a different white dress, her hair flowing, looking like an ethereal goddess up on stage with a radiant smile on her face as she looked at Jiyong.

 

"You didn't think that your surprise was finished do you hubby~" Taeyeon cooed making Jiyong blush at her endearment being said in front of all his friends and family who hollered and for it.

 

Taeyeon laughed at their reaction before announcing the second phase of her surprise, "I thought that it would be more meaningful if we as a couple would sing at our own wedding being singers and musicians ourselves. So I would like to dedicate this performance to the one I love Kwon Jiyong. So sit back and enjoy the show hubby."

 

Soon a melody filled the hall from the piano on stage being played by none other than Seohyun, with Taeyeon readying herself at the mic stand, getting into the melody and readying the emotions she was going to pour into her song, love, passion, appreciation and reminiscence of their memories together.

 

Taeyeon - Secret

 

 

With the softly spreading melodies of the piano

I close my eyes, lean on the music and start my story

Like this

 

 

I remember the past days

Why did they hurt so much?

In the memories that have gone and the scattered memories

When I was struggling with the unfamiliar world

 

Hearing those words Jiyong as well as SNSD and her family were reminded of the hardships, Taeyeon especially, had suffered due to her dating Baekhyun as well as the departure of Jessica from their group at the time. He was reminded of how angry Jessica had been when she heard of all the speculations of Taeyeon forcing her out of the group when it had been Taeyeon who had supported Jessica with her endeavour into her passion for fashion. It had been at that time that Jiyong and Taeyeon found each other, Taeyeon recently breaking up with Baekhyun as they realised the true nature of their relationship as being soulmates with Jiyong also breaking up with Kiko, both having had enough of their on and off relationship choosing to remain friends so as to keep each other in their lives without the jeopardy of separation.

 

 

Oh, then there’s you

Inside my messy heart

Oh it’s you

You made me find the hidden secret

For a long time, deep inside my heart

I hid these precious words

I wanna take them out and tell you

Oh, then there’s you

 

 

The closer I got to my dreams

The more fear covered me, no no

So I prayed that you would come find me

When I was lost and take me away

 

Having found refuge with Jiyong who did not assume or judge her, Taeyeon began to realise that she wanted, no needed him in her life. She found that she would gladly take his hand if he ever offered to runaway together from all the pressures of their jobs and lives. She even found herself hoping that he would, a little secret she kept buried deep inside herself for the fear that such feelings were not reciprocated and the selfishness of such a wish.

 

 

Oh, then there’s you

Inside my messy heart

Oh it’s you

You made me find the hidden secret

For a long time, deep inside my heart

I hid these precious words

I wanna take them out and tell you

 

 

When was it? When I was in endless hardships

Suddenly, your eyes whispered to me

“It’s alright”

 

Soon it became abundantly clear to those around Taeyeon that she was in love with the infamous dragon, although Taeyeon wasn't exactly in tune with her feelings at the time seeing Jiyong as an important friend that she just happened to not be able to live without. It was then that an article was published about the two being in a supposed relationship, Taeyeon taking the brunt of the attacks regarding the rumours as it had not been that long since her break up from Baekhyun. It was then that Jiyong took action by shutting down the hate that was directed towards Taeyeon and taking it upon himself as a scandal was released regarding Jiyong in a bad light. Taeyeon could only watch as Jiyong took it upon himself to protect her the only way he knew how and that was creating a bigger scandal to trump hers. Although Jiyong was then persecuted and treated with disdain he only smiled at Taeyeon with reassurance in his eyes as he took everything that was thrown at him. 

 

 

Then there’s you

At the end of my dry world

Oh, it’s you

You became sweet rain and made it wet

For a long time, deep inside my heart

I hid these precious words

I love you

Oh, then there’s you

 

Taeyeon sang the last verse overflowing with emotion as she was reminiscent of when she realised her love for the man who is now her husband fondly. Shortly after Jiyongs scandal Taeyeon felt the walls she had built around her heart come crashing down as her hidden feelings came overflowing as she heard of Jiyong being attacked by anti fans and being admitted to hospital for his injuries. It was then that Taeyeon rushed over to the hospital, her feelings finally realised as she opened the door to his room, not minding the people in the room as she took long strides to Jiyongs side who was about to speak only to be cut off by Taeyeons lips as she kissed him right there and then. Everyone in the room was shocked at her actions as she then pulled out of the kiss and hugged Jiyong tightly whispering, "I love you."

 

Of course Jiyong remembered the her confession as clear as day when he heard the words she sang, feeling his heart swell in absolute happiness as he made his way to the stage to embrace his crying wife as he too started to tear up in happiness. Because it was at that time that all his hard work had paid off, he could finally have Taeyeon, the girl who has been on his mind since the day they found each other. Jiyong knew long before Taeyeon that what he felt for her was more than just friendship but love, which is why he chose to protect his love even if it may not be reciprocated for once he chose to have a selfless love with Taeyeon not expecting anything in return except her genuine wellbeing. But for her to barge her way into his hospital room and kiss him before saying those magic words that seemed to alleviate Jiyong of all the pain of his injuries as well as the pain he had endured when he tried to handle their relationship rumours by himself. He had put up a strong front but inside he was hurting. But having her there in his arms saying words of love just made everything he has been through for the past couple of weeks at that time worth it somehow.

 

With the memories flowing through the couples heads they were already settled in their own little world as they continued to embrace each other tightly, grateful to have each other in their lives. Never wanting to let go. However, Taeyeon did let go as she pulled out of his embrace before pushing him off stage where Baekhyun who had seemingly read her mind was there with TOP who he had grabbed a hold of to follow him, catching Jiyong as he fell off stage. Jiyong was dumbstruck by her actions, before he sulked at having been pushed away.

 

"Jiyong ah, we have been through a lot to make it to where we are today and while our journeys hasn't always been a happy one. I wouldn't change any of it for the world because it allowed me the opportunity to stand here today and proudly announce to the world that I am now Kwon Taeyeon, wife of Kwon Jiyong." Taeyeon proclaimed in front of the camera in front of her that was now broadcasting live internationally for all to see and hear.

 

"VIPs and Sones, I ask you to please grant our marriage with your blessing as we live our married life happily together. VIPs I love this dragon with all my heart and uri Sones, he loves me just as much and maybe even more. As you all know, we have been in a relationship for a while now and now I want to share with you our very special wedding day because no matter what, we love you, our fans who helped us achieve our dreams, gifting us with your support for all these years. I wanted to pay you back with a look at our happiness and commitment to each other to be happy together." Taeyeon said emotionally to the camera as she thought of all the love and support she had received over the course of her career as a singer.

 

"The song I just sang was a song that not only conveyed the story of the beginning of our love story but also my love for my fans and I'm confident I can say that Jiyong feels the same. Thank you all for carrying me through my hardships, for loving and supporting me for so long and I want you all to know that I will continue to work hard and sing for all of you again no matter what. But now I will hand it over to my husband because I am sure he has a lot to say as well." Taeyeon announced with a giggle before handing her microphone to Jiyong who had made his way onto the stage once more.

 

"I don't know what to say, this day has been a surprise one after the other. I'm sure that all you VIPs have been assured now of just how much Taeyeon loves and cares for me, seeing as she she planned and surprise me on my birthday with the one thing I have wanted since I met her, for her to be mine and to bear my last name. Yah Sones, can you believe your kid leader planned to surprise me on my birthday by holding our wedding? She is so unpredictable but that just makes her all the more loveable right?" Jiyong chuckled as he recalled the many times Taeyeon caught him off guard or surprised him as she exceeded his expectations.

 

"I want all of you to know that I am very much in love with my wife and plan to make her the happiest woman on this planet. So Sones you don't have to worry about your kid leader, I'll take care of her and cherish her for the rest of our lives together. Thank you all for your support and love for us and we only hope to return even a fraction of that love back to you." Jiyong said with sincerity as he looked lovingly to his wife before pulling her closer to his side by the waist.

 

"Now, it is my turn to sing for my wife, so sit back and enjoy." Jiyong said with a smirk on his face as now he was the one to push Taeyeon off stage with TOP ready at the bottom to catch her as she glared at him for his petty revenge to which he just 'innocently' shrugged his shoulders as he prepared for his impromptu performance, a song coming to his mind that perfectly captured his feelings at the moment.

 

"Although I was immensely jealous watching the music video for this song, I know the reality of its meaning for us, so I'll sing this song to you my love." Taeyeon giggled, remembering her sulking dragon during that time.

 

Taeyeon ft. Dean - Starlight

 

Love is amazing ah

 

You are my starlight, shine on my heart

When I’m with you, it feels like I’m dreaming all dayYou are my starlight, I get so happyYour love is like a gift

 

 

I was used to being alone, my days were gray

But I remember the day you lightly came to me, knocking on my doorYou shined on me like a lightWoke me up from darkness

Opened the closed door of my heart

 

Taeyang smiled as he heard those words as he remembered the twos fateful encounter as Taeyeon had accidentally knocked on the door of a certain dragons hotel room that Taeyang had been in hanging out with his best friend. He remembered the light that sparked in Jiyongs eyes as he saw cute little Taeyeon in her pyjamas hugging pea pod plushie, turning red at the embarrassing situation that was now playing out before her, as Jiyong decided to playfully tease the poor girl, who happened to knock on the wrong door. The light turned into a fire when Taeyeon started to back with her witty flirtatious comebacks that took him off guard.

 

 

Reflected in my eyes is your squinted eyes

You’re smiling behind that awkward faceYou’re so lovable, I couldn’t hold backI discovered you like a miracle, you always make me smile

You are my starlight

 

Of course Jiyong remembered the absolutely adorable smile she made as she chuckled awkwardly when he was unable to counter her comebacks and an awkward silence filled the air which brought her back to her senses. He just wanted to squish her red cheeks as she became flustered but she ran off before he could.

 

 

You are my starlight, shine on my heart

When I’m with you, it feels like I’m dreaming all dayYou are my starlight, I get so happyYour love is like a gift

 

 

Meaningless, everyday things

Are now like new as if I’ve seen the world for the first timeI’m surprised every dayYou’ve changed me

You drew a new me onto my empty face

 

That strange first encounter led to more frequent meetings that soon became apart of his everyday life, so much so that it would be abnormal if he wasn't able to see her for a couple of days. He found himself naturally expecting her to be there at his pad when he comes back from a trip or for him to hang out with her and her members at their dorm when she felt like being a homebody. Little things they did together started to become so normal to him that it was only later that he realised how much he had changed, he wasn't clubbing as much as he used to, drinking or smoking as well, as he used them as a clutch to fill the emptiness inside. The emptiness that now seemed to be filled with Taeyeons presence.

 

 

You are my starlight

(You You You You You You)Shine on my heartWhen I’m with you, it feels like I’m dreaming all day(Feels like I’m dreaming, you’re my yeah)You are my starlight, I get so happy(Oh, No No No No)Your love is like a gift

 

 

Even on rainy days, you clear up my heart

The moment I saw you, I’m only filled with youJust looking at you makes joy spread on my lips

You’re the only one who can make me smile like this

 

Jiyong soon found himself smiling everyday just at the thought of her of the mention of her name, Taeyeon soon became the pacifier s used on him whenever the dragon occasionally reared its ferocious head, breathing fire at them.

 

 

You are my starlight, I can’t hide it

When we’re together, it feels like my heart is dancingYou are my starlight, I’m so thankful

Your love is like a dream

 

He often felt like he was dreaming when he had her next to him, without her noticing, sometimes he would pinch himself to see if his current happy life with Taeyeon by his side was real and he is grateful that it was and now she is his wife.

 

 

You are my starlight

My emotion, you feel me?Look at me, shining like a starI realize every day

You are my starlight

 

Taeyeon definitely felt his emotions and the underlying although not so subtle hint he made for her to only look at him, to which she giggled as she remembered recording this song and imagining him, watching her and only her.

 

 

Yeah Oh (Oh Yeah)

Yeah (My baby baby)

 

When he had finished the song he received a standing ovation with his wife hollering and screaming like a fangirl earning a round of laughter from everyone.

 

"Now I would like to welcome my wife back onto the stage so we may greet everyone." Jiyong said as he walked to Taeyeon and escorted her to the stage where he announced proudly, "You all know us as Big Bang Gdragon and SNSD Kim Taeyeon. But we are now Mr and Mrs Kwon, it's nice to meet you all as husband and wife now." As they then bowed to the camera and then stood up again.

 

"Thank you all for being on this journey with us and we know it has been a long one, with a lot of twists and turns here and there. We plan to still continue making music even after our marriage as its a passion we both share and refuse to give up, so please continue to take care of us even into the future." Taeyeon said with a content smile on her face, standing back up with her husband, leaning onto him with pure happiness written on her face.

 

Jiyong chuckled at her actions and moved one of his arms to wrap around her waist and pull her closer. Before remembering something important and saying "Ah, also before I forget, please take this as a plea from a newly wedded husband, Sones you've had this amazing girl all to yourself for the past 10 years, please spare me the next two weeks of our honeymoon some alone time with my wifey. We have some unrelieved tensions we need to sort out, your kid leader refusing to meet me in the three months leading to this even was pure torture." Jiyong winked to the camera as he nipped on Taeyeons neck causing her to grab her neck and look at him with wide eyes and red cheeks. 

 

Seeing his smirk Taeyeon decided to get him back as she also winked at the camera before moving her right hand to play with his chest a bit while her other hand went to his shoulders as she whispered into her microphone seductively "My hubby is so tense, how would you like me to relieve this tension." 

 

Jiyong choked a bit at her sudden actions causing s to facepalm at their leader and everyone else just laughed at the newlyweds interaction. "Yah! Get a room already!" Baekhyun shouted causing a bigger ripple of laughter to spread in the room.

 

"Oh, I intend to." Jiyong said as he lifted his wife into his arms and spoke into her microphone saying "thank you to everyone who came and helped make this wedding happen, thank you for supporting us all this time and sorry we couldn't stay for too long at our own reception but as you can see we have some business to attend to."

 

"Yah!" Taeyeon shouted in protest, but she was already swept away by her husband out of the reception hall and into their car with just married on the boot.

 

"Uh, sorry for this abrupt ending, but as friends and families of the couple this isn't exactly outside of expectations of the two. Well out of expectations of Kwon Jiyong. But everyone is welcome to stay and interact with each other and continue the reception. Taeyeon had planned this reception in a style where her and Jiyongs families and friends were seated with each other in the hopes of strengthening our ties as one family from now on." Baekhyun apologised and explained the situation on behalf of the couple.

 

Hearing the reason for the arrangement, the guests decided to stay at the reception hall a while longer to get to know each other and create bonds with each other.

 

Meanwhile in a certain Mercedes Benz, one newlywed husband was having trouble coaxing his wife to actually go on their honeymoon with him after his actions had led to their abrupt exit from their own wedding reception. 

 

"Taeng, cmon we just got married and there's no way I can go on our honeymoon alone. I know I was wrong to just carry you out of there like that but I just couldn't let that opportunity go." Jiyong tried explaining to his wife but she continued to pout adorably looking out the window refusing to look at him.

 

Seeing as she wasn't going to listen he sighed and parked on the side of the road, holding her shoulders and making her face him, grabbing her and turning her head towards his, just a breath away from each other as he said in a deep voice that caused her to shudder, "If you don't stop pouting, I'll kiss you and won't stop until you're a mess beneath me. Such a pity that this dress won't survive our little session."

 

Taeyeon went from pouting to teary causing Jiyong to be taken aback at this new development. "T...tae, what's wrong? Was I too much? Oh god Taeyeon I'm sorry, y..you know I wouldn't even dream of forcing..." Jiyong said in a panic before being cut off by Taeyeon as she started to hit him.

 

"Pabo, stupid Dragon you, do you know how long and hard I worked to make this wedding a success and I wasn't allowed to even stay for the whole thing. Tch stupid dragon, stupid stupid Dragon." Taeyeon said as she continuously hit her husband.

 

Jiyong chuckled at her words, relieved that he hadn't scared her off with his words before, he couldn't take it if he unknowingly scared her with his dominating words. "Okay, okay. I'm sorry. Let me make it up to you on our honeymoon where I have made plans of my own to give you the best days and nights of your life." Jiyong said with a wink and his signature smile while he held her hands to stop her from hitting him.

 

Taeyeon took her hands out of his and sat back in her seat with her arms crossed saying "We'll see about that." With a pout still on her lips and looking down at her dress she continued "Oh and if you ever think again of ruining this dress, prepare yourself for a lot of cold showers." She smirked as she looked up and saw his pale face knowing that her threat had worked.

 

"Never mind, I'm not angry anymore, cmon hubby let's go fast, like you I have a lot of things planned for our honeymoon and I don't want to waste even a second." Taeyeon followed up with a smile and a kiss on his cheek to bring him back to his senses.

 

"As you wish my love, let's be happy together today, tomorrow and forever." Jiyong said as he sat back intertwined their hands and kissed the back of her hand before turning back onto the road.

 

"I love you, Kwon Jiyong, forever and always."

 

"I love you too, Kwon Taeyeon, til the end of time."

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The end.

 

Sorry for leaving this for so long, it's just I'm not good at writing endings. I'm not very good at writing stories too but thanks everyone who enjoyed this little short story :)