Surprise! Part 1

Soulmates
Third POV
 
"It's already been 2 months since I proposed to her on her birthday and we still haven't set a date for our wedding. I've been trying to discuss our wedding with her for the past two months and in the end she always diverts the conversation to another topic. I want to marry her as soon as possible, make her mine forever, officially in front of the whole world, putting a ring on her finger to mark her as mine and only mine. But I'm starting to doubt that Taeyeon even wants to get married, married to me. I'm so worried, these past few months we haven't been able to see each other and yet she manages to see my family, friends and my members. She sees everyone who is around me and just leaves me here lonely, not visiting me when she's in the country, I hardly ever get to talk to her on the phone or any text messages because she's so busy and she won't even tell me what she's so busy with. Kiko, you also got to see her when she was in Japan, did she say anything about me? Does she want to break off our engagement? What do I do?" Jiyong ranted to his long time confidant and soulmate Kiko, who held in her laughter at Jiyongs worries and fears. 
 
If only he knew that Taeyeon had planned the biggest surprise of his life that will eradicate all his doubts and worries. But for now Kiko had to act clueless to her plans, but that didn't mean that she would allow her soulmate to wear himself out in worry. "Ji, you should know by now just how much Taeyeon loves and adores you and there's no way that she would ever break off your engagement. She's just busy with her work and trust me Ji, she's just as lonely as you are, I bet she hasn't contacted you because she may give in to her loneliness and abandon her work to come and see you. So stop all this senseless worrying about your engagement and get yourself together man. Your G dragon for goodness sake and you have a life of your own as well, so go and live it." Kiko advised putting her arm around Jiyong and ruffling his hair.
 
"Haha, stop it Kiko. But you're right, I am G dragon, the ideal type of many women and the leader of one of the most popular idol groups in the world. Of course I have my own life to live and an awesome one at that. You know what, I'll go and visit the club, I haven't been there for years after meeting Taeyeon. I'll go and have some fun while I can since I won't be a free man once I tie the knot." Jiyong proclaimed as Kikos confidence boost seemed to be working a little too well for her liking.
 
"Kwon Jiyong, if you really do go to the club right now, Taeyeon just might actually cancel her engagement to you out of spite. She's working hard at her job only to find out that her fiancé is partying hard at the club. What I meant was for you to get back to your music not to go back to your old ways." Kiko warned while Jiyong was already getting ready to go to the club.
 
Once he was done he came out of the bathroom and said "Don't worry Kiko, just one night out won't make my angel angry and plus I'm not going back to how I was, I'll be staying sober and having fun with a limit. Anyways, even if Taeyeon chose to cancel our engagement, knowing me I'd be crazy enough to force her down the aisle. No one is going to stop me from marry her, not even herself." 
 
Kiko felt a shiver down her spine knowing that Jiyong was so crazily in love with Taeyeon that he might do just that, having been caught in such a situation herself when she and Jiyong had a huge fight which resulted in her being kept 'prisoner' in his villa Dolce Vita until he had made sure that everything between them was okay and made sure that she wouldn't leave him. It was only for a couple of days since she couldn't stay mad at him but the fact that he could actually do that proves to Kiko just how crazily possessive he can be and that was towards their friendship, so she couldn't even imagine what love could do to him. 
 
However, for the time that she's known Taeyeon, she knew that Taeyeon wasn't the type of person to be forced into doing anything. It had to be her own decision or she wasn't going to do it and Kiko knew that whenever a battle was waged between Jiyong and Taeyeon, Jiyong would always lose with Taeyeon being the victor. Which is why she was more worried for her soulmate in this situation than Taeyeon. 
 
If he is caught partying while Taeyeon is working hard to surprise him with the gift of a lifetime then Jiyong may never survive the wrath he is going to encounter. He was this depressed from not having seen Taeyeon for 2 months and this is for the great surprise she is planning for him so it would be a happy ending. But imagine how much damage she can inflict on him if he does a stunt like this and makes her angry. 
 
Kiko had only ever seen Taeyeon angry once, that was when Kiko was being attacked by VIPs and Sones alike for her ongoing close relations with Jiyong and it wasn't the typical loud type of anger but a quiet one that spoke volumes of the rage she had been feeling. Taeyeon sent a glare to the fans, which shut them up right on the spot, her Sones getting the message first and reflecting on their actions while the VIPs went quiet in shock and the fans who were closest to us were shivering, heck even she was shaking a bit at her sudden outburst. And her anger left as soon as it had come as she then bowed her heads to the fans and apologised for her display of anger, to which the fans also apologised for their actions and actually apologised to Kiko as well. It was a surprising event in my memory as this small girl managed to tame both Jiyongs and her own fans hatred for me and turn it into understanding and forgiveness for both herself and the fans. But to have such a powerful anger inside of such a small body, Kiko knew that if worst comes to worst, Jiyong is going to need some divine protection to keep him alive.
 
"Okay Ji, just don't come crying to me when your little escapade backfires on you and you get burnt by your angel." Kiko said as she gave up on trying to talk him out of going to the club. She decided that Taeyeon would deal with him properly when she finds out and she couldn't help but be curious just what Taeyeon would her stubborn dragon. "I'll be going now, I don't want Taeyeon thinking I had anything to do with this, see you later Ji, your on your own for this one." She continued as she left his room. Jiyong shrugged at her departure and chose to ignore her advice, as he picked up his keys and left for the club to have a good time. 
 
But to his disappointment he didn't have a good time, instead he was left with an empty feeling as he missed Taeyeon even more by being in the club. The loud music provided no merriment to him anymore, not like his angels voice. The dancing and socialisation going on around him proved less amusing and entertaining as it used to be as it was nothing compared to the little date nights he had with his muse, with the sound of her laughter, her cute adorable jokes and the funny little faces she made that never ceased to make him smile. The girls in the club were not even close to the piece of perfection he had for a fiancé and if anyone said any different he would fight them to the death to prove them wrong. Jiyong sighed as he got up and bid farewell to his friends before leaving the club sad and lonely without his Taeng. He looked at his phone with a picture of the two of them before speed dialling her number, wanting to hear her voice.
 
"Hello?" Taeyeon answered sleepily as the phone call woke her up.
 
"Hey Taeng, it's me Jiyong." He said, as he facepalmed himself as its obvious that it would be him calling.
 
Taeyeon giggled with a big smile on her face as she said "I already know it's you dummy, I have our song as my ringtone for when you call remember."
 
"Haha deh, I don't know why I introduced myself like that." Jiyong said with a smile on his face, hearing her voice and her giggle just made his day.
 
"So why did you call oppa, are you okay?" Taeyeon asked, curious about why he would call so late.
 
"I just wanted to hear your voice....I miss you so much Taeng." Jiyong whispered through the phone causing Taeyeon to smile with blush.
 
"I miss you too my dragon, sorry I'm so busy right now. But we'll be together again soon I promise. So be a good boy and wait okay?" Taeyeon said with a giggle as she heard a whine through the phone.
 
However, her giggle didn't last for long as she heard a female voice in the background calling out to her Jiyong.
 
"G dragon ssi? Um, you left this in the club." The woman said. Taeyeon could hear a seductive tone to her words.
 
Jiyong saw the item that she was holding and cursed himself for calling Taeyeon outside the club where such girls could come up to him and try to seduce him. The item clearly didn't belong to him and the way she was eyeing him and getting too close to him for comfort, he knew she was up to no good. And what's worse is that his Taeyeon had heard the whole thing, now she knows that he went to the club and had also been flirted with by random chicks that came up to him.
 
"That's not mine no matter how many times I look at it. Now if you would excuse me, I'll be leaving now." Jiyong said coldly with a glare before making his way to leave, making sure that Taeyeon heard him adamantly refuse the girl but she was persistent.
 
"Wait! I know that it's not yours but I just want to talk to you so we could get to know each other closely." She continued as she grabbed his arm, getting as close as she could to him with her body.
 
Taeyeon scoffed through the phone at the girls blatant move on her fiancé, completely angered that Jiyong had gotten himself into a situation like this, wasn't he wearing his ring that showed he was off limits?
 
Jiyong hissed at the girl and pushed her off of him as he angrily said "Get away from me! I already said that I would be leaving and that would be by myself because never in a million years would I have ever looked at you twice or wanted to get closer with you. Now do you understand that I am rejecting you?!"
 
"I already have someone I am spending forever with." He continued as he pointed to his ring finger only to see that his ring was missing. Uh oh.
 
"But your not even wearing a ring." The woman pointed out much to Jiyongs exasperation and horror as he just gave up on the whole situation and his chances of surviving.
 
"Just get out of my sight." Jiyong said as he dismissed the woman who walked off in a huff. But she was the least of his worries now that everything had been revealed to Taeyeon.
 
"Um, Taengoo are you still there?" Jiyong asked hesitantly through the phone to which he received no response as an icy silence hung over their phone conversation.
 
"Taeng? Please answer me, don't shut me out." Jiyong pleaded as his blood ran cold at the thought of a Cold War brewing between him and his lover.And what he had feared had come to fruition.
 
"Kwon Jiyong, don't contact me. I don't want to see or hear from you for a while." Taeyeon said coldly before hanging up. Each word slashing at Jiyongs heart as he felt like hurting himself for being so stupid, but he knew that such actions would only make Taeyeon more angrier than she is right now as he remembered a time where he had gotten so enraged that he started to lash out at himself which had led to him accidentally hurting Taeyeon who tried to stop him. He came to his senses and felt so horrible for what he had done, while Taeyeon lectured him heavily for hurting himself, as she was not angry at him for hurting her but for hurting himself. He could never put her through that again. So he decided to hop in his car and drive home and drown in his sorrows.
 
Meanwhile, Taeyeon was blowing off some steam as she ranted about Jiyongs clubbing to her members. "Can you believe the nerve of that guy, to actually go out clubbing while I'm here working my off for his big surprise. He even had the audacity to have a girl flirt and get close to him while on the phone with me, his fiancé!"
 
"Yah! Why are you laughing at my pain Kim Hyoyeon?!" Taeyeon whined as she saw the girl secretly laughing to herself.
 
"Haha, chill Taeng. He probably just went there to blow off some steam. I mean come on, that was his one night out, in the 2 years you have been together and that's really low considering his old lifestyle of partying day in and out." Hyoyeon pointed out.
 
"But he wasn't even wearing our engagement ring and what about the girl that came up to him? She must have been one of many when he went to the club." Taeyeon persisted in her anger as she gritted her teeth at the thought of other women getting near 'her' man.
 
"Kim Taeyeon, it was you that wanted to keep your engagement on a down low in the first place as it would ruin your surprise plan and we've already sifted through the news of Jiyongs night out and none of the pictures feature any girl near him. In fact, I would say he behaved responsibly." Jessica said as she laid out the facts to counter all of Taeyeons reasons to be angry, ultimately calming her rage as she looked at the situation calmly.
 
"Anyways, isn't it easier now for you to ignore Jiyong now while you prepare his surprise. This way you can blame it on your anger, whenever he questioned why you never visit or call him. Because I'm telling you now, it was difficult to come up with an excuse for your lack of contact with the sad and lonely G dragon. This way we will all have an excuse to tell him why your not talking and avoiding him." Sunny suggested a means of using this incident for the benefit of their plans.
 
"Great idea Sunny bunny, let's tell everyone. I've noticed that Jiyongs members and Kiko have been struggling to come up with an excuse for me spending more time with them than with Jiyong." Taeyeon said as her anger was alleviated by her members words, her mind now focused on the surprise she has prepared for her sweet and loving dragon.
 
The next couple of days were torture for Jiyong as he had no contact whatsoever with his Angel, only hearing from s and SNSD that Taeyeon was still mad at him and refused to talk to him. He had been ringing her phone non stop, texting, visiting her apartment, practically stalking Taeyeon since the night he went out and he still didn't even get a glimpse of his woman. What Jiyong didn't know was that Kiko had planted a device in Jiyongs phone while he wasn't looking that allowed Taeyeons phone to ring an alarm whenever he got within 5 metres of her, aiding in her quest of avoiding him until the surprise was unveiled.
 
Jiyong was scrolling through his Instagram, more like stalking Taeyeons, absolutely fuming at the photos that were appearing on her feed. Photos of a smiley Taeyeon posing cutely with s in a group shot and then close couple shots popped up, raising the jealous green monster within Jiyong when he saw s walk into the studio.
 
"Yah, you traitors! What's up with these photos of you and my fiancé!" Jiyong shouted as he shoved his phone in their faces. TOP put his hands up acting like it wasn't his fault, Youngbae rolled his eyes at Jiyongs outburst and just ignored him while Daesung and Seungri had a cheeky smirk on their faces, seeing their hyung fuming with jealousy.
 
Seungri grabbed Jiyongs phone and looked at the photos more carefully and said dramatically "Wah, Taeyeons seriously beautiful in this picture, I remember taking it at one of her schedules. She smelt so nice and she was so much fun to hang out with."
 
"Deh, we got so much closer to her when we met up for a drink. I even got to see her cute little drunk habits." Daesung continued to push at Jiyongs buttons by bragging about his time with Taeyeon.
 
Their comments worked like a charm in riling up their leader as Jiyong shouted "Yah! Taeyeon can't handle her alcohol so you should have called me so I could monitor and take care of her. And you panda, don't get close to your hyungs girl, I already know how nice she smells and how beautiful she is."
 
"Oh, but we didn't need to call you hyung, seeing as Taeyeons reliable oppas were there too. Who was it? Oh yeah, it was Heechul, Leeteuk and Siwon." Daesung pointed out nonchalantly, but the underlying smirk on his face said otherwise.
 
"Oh, but it wasn't them who carried Taeyeon to their car and drove her home, in fact it was our very own TOP hyung." Seungri said causing TOP to spit out the water he was just drinking and look at Jiyong with an awkward smile.
 
Jiyong was seeing red at the thought that one of s had touched his Taeyeon, had taken her home and taken care of her. That was supposed to be him, why couldn't it be him.
 
"Kwon Jiyong, you're the one that chose to go out to the club and got caught being flirted by another girl without wearing your engagement ring. Don't look at us like we committed a crime just because your fiancé is talking to us and not you. I seem to recall that Kiko had warned you not to go clubbing and you ignored it. You reap what you sow Ji." Youngbae scolded his long time partner in crime. 
 
He was actually thankful for Taeyeons silent treatment as it kept Jiyong out of the clubs. He knew that Jiyong was out of his old habits but that didn't stop him from worrying for his friend, he knew old habits died hard and just one night off the wagon can lead to detrimental effects for Jiyong. He wanted to keep believing in the miracle that was Kim Taeyeon, who saved Jiyong from the darkness and emptiness that had engulfed him in the past, could still work her magic in influencing his best friend and from the looks of it, it was still working full power even after 2 years.
 
"I know that I caused this, but it still hurts to know that she's happy with her life even when I'm not in it." Jiyong said with a pout as Youngbaes scolding knocked some sense into him, much to the disappointment of Daesung and Seungri who wanted to push him further.
 
Youngbae chuckled at Jiyongs words and decided to a little bit saying "You're right, she was so cheerful and happy when we met up, it didn't even seem like she was in a fight with her fiancé. She didn't look affected at all."
 
Jiyongs face dropped at his words, shocking Youngbae at his sudden depression. Youngbae knew that Jiyong was sad without his Taeyeon but he didn't know it was to this degree. It was then that TOP thought of something to salvage the situation as he said "You know, when I was carrying her to the car, she actually called out your name Ji."
 
This immediately perked Jiyongs interest as he lifted his face with a happy look on his face asking "Jinja? She called out for me? She did?" To which TOP nodded his head much to Jiyongs joy and s let out a sigh of relief, they had never seen Jiyong like that since before he met Taeyeon and they didn't want to see that again.
 
'She still loves me. She still thinks of me. She does miss me.' Jiyong thought in his head as his confidence was lifted by the thought that Taeyeon had uttered his name from her lips at a time where she was vulnerable and helpless. She still needs me. He thought and that was enough for him. He renewed his resolve to break her silent treatment and finally walk down the aisle together.
 
However, Jiyong was so preoccupied with Taeyeons silent treatment that he forgot something very important was coming up, his birthday. Which was very convenient for Taeyeon as it made her plan progress smoothly for her surprise. She had been getting help from everyone for this big surprise, hanging out and getting to know the Big Bang members, spending quality time with Jiyongs family and getting closer to Kiko who helped Taeyeon ward off her loneliness without her dragon, being Jiyongs soulmate, she had so much in common with him that it felt like he was there with her. Then again, not a day went by that Jiyong never failed to call, text and search for her which made her fall even more deeply in love with her dragon, if that was even possible. 
 
Just thinking about all the things Jiyong has given her makes Taeyeon want to get in a car and drive like a mad man to his apartment and jump into his embrace, staying there forever and forsaking everything and everyone in the world for her love with Jiyong. But she knows Jiyong wouldn't be happy with that at all, he has his own life and other people that he loves and cares about so such a thing would never work.
 
However, at the moment Jiyong is wishing Taeyeon did just that. He wanted her to give up her anger and run into his embrace right now so he could have the chance to lock her away forever, so that she could belong to him and only him. His desire to monopolise her was rising with every second that she was away from him. But he knew he couldn't do that, what he loves most about Taeyeon is her smile and happiness. An to lock her away forever, away from the outside world where her beloved SNSD sisters are, her supportive SONEs, her loving family, would be too cruel a thing to do to her. Doing that would take away the smile that lights up his life, the laughter that warms his heart and the happiness of the one person he wants to make the happiest person in the world.
 
Jiyong sighed as he thought of all the crazy ideas running rampant in his head of monopolising Taeyeon, silencing those thoughts as he saw his phone ring and it was none other than the woman that he longed for, Kim Taeyeon. He immediately answered the phone in a rush saying, "Taeyeon? It's Taeyeon right?"
 
Hearing nothing but silence Jiyong decided not to let this opportunity go as he voiced his feelings and pleaded, "Babe, I miss you so much. Please talk to me. Don't ignore and don't avoid me anymore. I know I was wrong to go out clubbing, but I just felt so empty and lonely without you, so much so that I was losing confidence in myself, in us. So I went to the club to clear my head and get my confidence back and it worked, because while I was in there, I thought of no one else but you, I saw no one else but you. It made me realise that you are the only cure for this loneliness and emptiness I feel inside, with you by my side I feel like I can do anything. So won't you come back to me Tae?"
 
"I love you and I miss you too Ji." Taeyeon said on the other side of the phone, completely moved by Jiyongs words, but this was not the time for her to express all her hidden emotions just yet, it would ruin the surprise. Jiyong on the other hand felt his heart swell with joy at Taeyeons words of affection but his heart dropped when she said, "But I can't see you right now."
 
"Why?! Why can't you see me Kim Taeyeon?! I'm telling you that I need you, that I can't live without you, so why can't you be by my side right now?!" Jiyong shouted in frustration.
 
Taeyeon remained calm on the phone as she said adamantly"The Jiyong that I love isn't so weak as to let a few months of separation make him hit rock bottom. He would know that I love and cherish him unconditionally, no matter what. He wouldn't let something as trivial as distance get him down and he most certainly would not doubt me and yell at me so desperately like he's lost me when he knows that I wouldn't leave him for anything. And yet I still love even the flawed Jiyong who has done all these things. I love you Ji and I miss you. Are these words not sufficient enough anymore for me to convey my feelings for you?"
 
Jiyong was somewhat panicked and overwhelmed with guilt at Taeyeons words, however he chose to focus more on her words of affection then her scolding as he pulled himself together, replying, "Those words are more than enough for me Taeng, you know how I get when it comes to you, there's no way I can contain my feelings. Just come back to me soon Taeng, can you do that for me?"
 
Taeyeon smiled to herself as she had successfully calmed him down. "Arraseo Ji, I'll come back to you soon. Love you." She cooed as Jiyong replied with a "Love you too." Before she hung up the phone with a sigh as she felt relieved after hearing his voice and with a renewed resolve, she set out to make her surprise for Jiyong the best one ever. One worth all the heartache of them being apart.